ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1361 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:01 am

All we gotta do is trade for Kelly Johnson and we'll make the playoffs again... right?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Battery
Analyst
And1: 158

Post#1362 » by Battery » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:06 am

This is pathetic. Hopefully, Sandy is fired at the end of the season. Oh, you have to be kidding me with these long balls. Seager has three home runs now. Something fishy is definitely going on in the major leagues. I've never seen so many home runs to the opposite field. IMO, I think the bats are juiced and the balls are more tightly wound. Back in the day players would routinely break their bats. Today you hardly see that, especially this season even though the pitchers throw much harder. Tells me that the bats have a much larger sweet spot.
Battery
Analyst

Post#1363 » by Battery » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:19 am

Why am I watching this Mets game? Please, somebody, help me!!! Call 911.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#1364 » by whocares1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:25 am

Battery wrote:Why am I watching this Mets game? Please, somebody, help me!!! Call 911.

Season's over man.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#1365 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:25 pm

Oh well
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#1366 » by reub » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:30 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Oh well

Stick a fork in 'em.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1367 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:14 am

ClydeRules wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Oh well

Stick a fork in 'em.

Kaput
prolific96
Junior
And1: 118

Post#1368 » by prolific96 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:05 am

Never knew Cabrera was such a biatch. Requested a trade after being moved to 2B and his option was declined.

From the DailyNew
https://goo.gl/555sdz

“If they had that plan, they should have told me before I come over here. I mean I just talked to my agent about it,” the 31-year old Cabrera said. “If they don’t have any plans for me I think it’s time to make a move. That’s what I need to do for me and my family.

How's does this guy really think he's still a SS?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1369 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:16 pm

prolific96 wrote:Never knew Cabrera was such a biatch. Requested a trade after being moved to 2B and his option was declined.

From the DailyNew

“If they had that plan, they should have told me before I come over here. I mean I just talked to my agent about it,” the 31-year old Cabrera said. “If they don’t have any plans for me I think it’s time to make a move. That’s what I need to do for me and my family.

I love Asdrubel for that bat flip HR memory he gave us, so my inclination is to let it slide a little. I think the reason he is upset is because the Mets didn't give him any advance notice of this while he was playing rehab games. If they did, he could've played a few games at 2B down there before coming up. He hasn't played the position in 3 years and has a bum leg. Still, he should've handled this privately. He should know better.
prolific96
Junior

Post#1370 » by prolific96 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:11 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
prolific96 wrote:Never knew Cabrera was such a biatch. Requested a trade after being moved to 2B and his option was declined.

From the DailyNew

I love Asdrubel for that bat flip HR memory he gave us, so my inclination is to let it slide a little. I think the reason he is upset is because the Mets didn't give him any advance notice of this while he was playing rehab games. If they did, he could've played a few games at 2B down there before coming up. He hasn't played the position in 3 years and has a bum leg. Still, he should've handled this privately. He should know better.

I expected more from the guy. Like you, I'm very fond of Cabrera. He's been nothing but a professional and was exactly what we needed while waiting for Rosario. But lets be honest, the writing was on the wall. There was little chance Cabrera's option was going to be picked up. And I'm certain this wasn't the first time the Mets have discussed the possibility of usurping Cabrera at short. I know the idea was floated last year after Walker suffered season ending surgery. And in early May, Mets officials approached Cabrera about switching positions with Reyes due to diminished range at short but Cabrera was reluctant.

Now I agree, the reasonable thing for the Mets to have done was to give the guy a couple games in the minors. But c'mon, this is the f*cking Mets. There only slightly better than my Knicks.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1371 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:27 pm

prolific96 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

From the DailyNew

I expected more from the guy. Like you, I'm very fond of Cabrera. He's been nothing but a professional and was exactly what we needed while waiting for Rosario. But lets be honest, the writing was on the wall. There was little chance Cabrera's option was going to be picked up. And I'm certain this wasn't the first time the Mets have discussed the possibility of usurping Cabrera at short. I know the idea was floated last year after Walker suffered season ending surgery. And in early May, Mets officials approached Cabrera about switching positions with Reyes due to diminished range at short but Cabrera was reluctant.

Now I agree, the reasonable thing for the Mets to have done was to give the guy a couple games in the minors. But c'mon, this is the f*cking Mets. There only slightly better than my Knicks.

Oh yeah, I'm sure he knows the handwriting is on the wall. He knows it's time to move on. And, honestly, this is the best for both teams. I just wonder who else is gone? I really hope Sandy does a lot of unloading.
Battery
Analyst

Post#1372 » by Battery » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:38 am

Would it surprise anyone if Sandy calls up Tim Tebow before Rosario? I may have to hit up St.Lucie to check out this magical Willie Mays Tebow fellow.
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 677

Post#1373 » by ForzaMetro » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Battery wrote:Would it surprise anyone if Sandy calls up Tim Tebow before Rosario? I may have to hit up St.Lucie to check out this magical Willie Mays Tebow fellow.

I think Rosario will be here sometime in the summer, but I have no doubt Tebow will be here when rosters expand in September to help sell a few seats.

The good thing for the Mets is they could be in position to bounce back quickly in 2018. Their top 7 starting pitchers are all under contract, as are Conforto and Cespedes, and they should have some $$ to play with considering the money coming off the books. Granted, half of them will probably be on the DL by May 20-8.

Need to get Rosario and Smith up here with enough time to judge whether they are ready for prime time. And get whatever you can for the FA's to be, though I think there will be a limited market for most (Reed, Bruce, Duda, Walker, Granderson, could throw Cabrera and Blevins in the mix too).
prolific96
Junior

Post#1374 » by prolific96 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:50 pm

ForzaMetro wrote:
Battery wrote:Would it surprise anyone if Sandy calls up Tim Tebow before Rosario? I may have to hit up St.Lucie to check out this magical Willie Mays Tebow fellow.

I think Rosario will be here sometime in the summer, but I have no doubt Tebow will be here when rosters expand in September to help sell a few seats.

The good thing for the Mets is they could be in position to bounce back quickly in 2018. Their top 7 starting pitchers are all under contract, as are Conforto and Cespedes, and they should have some $$ to play with considering the money coming off the books. Granted, half of them will probably be on the DL by May 20-8.

Need to get Rosario and Smith up here with enough time to judge whether they are ready for prime time. And get whatever you can for the FA's to be, though I think there will be a limited market for most (Reed, Bruce, Duda, Walker, Granderson, could throw Cabrera and Blevins in the mix too).

I agree with you. I think this season maybe even a blessing in disguise.

I think we'll see Rosario and Smith after the break. Hoping Sandy can do what Cashman did last year and turn some of these expiring contracts into minor league depth. We really need some young position players.

I'd like to keep Reed, Blevins and probably Walker if he can be signed to a reasonable contract. There's not much talent available this offseason and it puts a lot of pressure on youngins'.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1375 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:30 pm

prolific96 wrote:
ForzaMetro wrote:

I think we'll see Rosario and Smith after the break. Hoping Sandy can do what Cashman did last year and turn some of these expiring contracts into minor league depth. We really need some young position players.

I'd like to keep Reed, Blevins and probably Walker if he can be signed to a reasonable contract. There's not much talent available this offseason and it puts a lot of pressure on youngins'.

Those three plus Duda can probably get us the most back. Who else is there to trade? Granderson? Bruce? d'Arnaud ...?
prolific96
Junior

Post#1376 » by prolific96 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:24 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
prolific96 wrote:
ForzaMetro wrote:

Those three plus Duda can probably get us the most back. Who else is there to trade? Granderson? Bruce? d'Arnaud ...?

Right. Probably overrating Bruce/Duda but I was hoping they could net us a couple b-level prospects to add some depth. Not tied to any of them if it meant acquiring a major league ready prospect.

Having to find an outfielder, 2B or 3B (assuming Flores is legit), lefty reliever, set-up man and probably a catcher while relying on two prospects to get us back to the playoffs next season sounds daunting.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#1377 » by reub » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:29 am

Gsellman pulled a hamstring running to first. How many hammys is that this year? Can we just change their name to the NY Hammies already?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1378 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:27 am

ClydeRules wrote:Gsellman pulled a hamstring running to first. How many hammys is that this year? Can we just change their name to the NY Hammies already?

Who's our trainer? :noway:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1379 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:28 am

Medical staff probably has to be one of the worst staffs in all of sports right now. To many guys getting fluke injuries, recovery times seem to be multiplied. Just let the purge happen...

Granderson is helping us right now, he's hitting HR's left and right.
Bruce should be able to land us a solid prospect.
Duda/Walker/Cabrera I'd take a marginal prospect.

If your not on the books for next year, feel free to be traded.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1380 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:27 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Medical staff probably has to be one of the worst staffs in all of sports right now. To many guys getting fluke injuries, recovery times seem to be multiplied. Just let the purge happen...

Granderson is helping us right now, he's hitting HR's left and right.
Bruce should be able to land us a solid prospect.
Duda/Walker/Cabrera I'd take a marginal prospect.

If your not on the books for next year, feel free to be traded.

Yeah, Granderson is picking it up but to what end? If he's hot maybe a team in contention will want him as a fourth OF. Near the end of July is when teams start getting desperate. Maybe we can capitalize on that? I don't see any reason in keeping any of those players. Let's finally see what Branden Nimmo can do in extended playing time.

Return to New York Knicks