ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,451

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1701 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:19 pm

They say Plawecki made some adjustment(s) to his swing while down in AAA. I hope that the HR was related to that and we'll see more good things to come from him. We need a catch a couple of breaks here and there. Plawecki and Montero reaching their potential would be just what we need. Plus, I'd rather see our homegrown kids fill the holes that need to be filled.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1702 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Mets acquire Dodgers' relief pitcher in exchange for Granderson. Maybe we see Rhame when we extend the rosters, if not sooner.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-21-prospects-los-angeles-dodgers/

Jake Rhame, RHP, 1.4 KATOH+ – Throws in the upper 90s but has no secondary pitch with which to miss bats in the big leagues right now. Could be a relief piece if he finds one.

https://www.truebluela.com/2016/11/23/13736956/dodgers-2017-top-prospects-jacob-scavuzzo-jacob-rhame

29. Jacob Rhame, relief pitcher

Sliding from 25 to 29, Rhame ends 2016 much the same prospect he was in 2015. Rhame’s peripherals in a jump from Double-A to Triple-A were almost identical, and though said numbers are merely good not great, they were worthy enough to earn a spot on the 40-man roster this off-season.

While I didn’t get the chance to head over to Oklahoma City to see Rhame pitch this year, reports suggest he’s by and large the same arm. Rhame’s fastball velocity will flash plus, and at times he will spin a quality breaking ball, but stringing everything together consistently as proven to be a challenge. At the top of Rhame’s velocity range (96-97 mph) he can get away with lacking plus command or movement, especially when he has the slider breaking late and down in the zone.

Rhame employs a big leg kick and high three-quarters arm slot in his delivery, and his arm speed is very good. Mechanically, he should be able to drive the ball down in the zone, and give the slider sufficient shape to complement a straighter fastball. He’s built solidly with little room for additional development, but pitching consistently at the higher end of his velocity range could give him more leeway in producing consistent results.

Rhame is likely to return to Oklahoma City with what will likely be a crowded bullpen picture ahead of him, but with his name now on the 40-man roster, he stands to make his major league debut at some point in 2017. His upside is more seventh inning than ninth, but consistency could make him a solid late-inning option in the next few years.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#1703 » by TMU » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:43 am

About time. Great human being and many fans' favorite but it was time for him to go.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#1704 » by blueNorange » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:21 am

the rays "30th ranked prospect" :laugh:

Read on Twitter

and he's having himself a season. 1.50 era in 54 innings, batters hitting .188 off him.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1705 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:22 pm

blueNorange wrote:the rays "30th ranked prospect" :laugh:

Read on Twitter

and he's having himself a season. 1.50 era in 54 innings, batters hitting .188 off him.

I'm guessing he and Rhame will get a look-see this September.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1706 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#1707 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I've never understood in baseball when a guy pitches bad it's like its always attributed to an injury as opposed to the guy just sucking.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1708 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:46 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I've never understood in baseball when a guy pitches bad it's like its always attributed to an injury as opposed to the guy just sucking.

Robles, Smoker AND Edgin all simply suck. So does d'Arnaud. There, U said it! lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#1709 » by reub » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:47 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oy veh!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1710 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:50 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oy veh!

Wait, it gets much worse. Tommy Milone will be brought up from AAA to replace Matz in the rotation.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1711 » by reub » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:01 am

Conforto separated his shoulder swinging at a pitch? Is this even possible?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1712 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:32 am

reub wrote:Conforto separated his shoulder swinging at a pitch? Is this even possible?

Somebody posted this on AmazinAvenue. There's a thing called Batter's Shoulder. It's a subluxation of the shoulder as opposed to a dislocation.

BACKGROUND:

Batter’s shoulder has been defined as posterior subluxation of the lead shoulder during the baseball swing. However, it is unclear whether or how frequently patients may return to play after treatment of this uncommon condition.

QUESTIONS/PURPOSES:

We therefore determined the rate of return to play after operative treatment for Batter’s shoulder and whether ROM was restored.

METHODS:

We retrospectively reviewed the records of 14 baseball players diagnosed with Batter’s shoulder. Four played professionally, six were in college, and four were in varsity high school. The average age was 20.3 years (range, 16-33 years). All had physical examinations and MRI findings consistent with posterior labral tears involving the lead shoulder. Treatment involved arthroscopic posterior labral repair (n = 10), débridement (n = 2), or rehabilitation (n = 2). The minimum followup was 18 months (average, 2.8 years; range, 18-64 months).

RESULTS:

Eleven of 12 surgically treated patients returned to their previous level of batting at an average of 5.9 months after surgery. The one patient who was unable to return to play also had an osteochondral lesion of the glenoid identified at surgery. Players typically returned to hitting off a tee at 3 months and to facing live pitching at 6 months postoperatively. All patients regained full internal and external ROM as compared with preoperative data.

CONCLUSIONS:

Batter’s shoulder is an uncommon form of posterior instability in hitters affecting their lead shoulder. Most athletes are able to return to play at the same level after arthroscopic treatment of posterior capsulolabral lesions.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1713 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:36 am

reub wrote:Conforto separated his shoulder swinging at a pitch? Is this even possible?

Turns out it was separated along with a tear in the posterior capsule in the shoulder. All treatment options are on the table including surgery.

Apparently, he had this before. Not good.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1714 » by reub » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:50 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Turns out it was separated along with a tear in the posterior capsule in the shoulder. All treatment options are on the table including surgery.

60 day DL for Conforto.

Now Cespedes (wearing La Potencia on his jersey) became Los Lesionados after pulling his right hammy (I guess so his previously injured left hammy wouldn't feel too lonely). Caramba!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1715 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:00 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

60 day DL for Conforto.

Now Cespedes (wearing La Potencia on his jersey) became Los Lesionados after pulling his right hammy (I guess so his previously injured left hammy wouldn't feel too lonely). Caramba!

:lol: :cry:
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#1716 » by mugzi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:40 am

This team is cursed! F n a
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1717 » by Mecca » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:17 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Somebody posted this on AmazinAvenue. There's a thing called Batter's Shoulder. It's a subluxation of the shoulder as opposed to a dislocation.

BACKGROUND:

Batter’s shoulder has been defined as posterior subluxation of the lead shoulder during the baseball swing. However, it is unclear whether or how frequently patients may return to play after treatment of this uncommon condition.

QUESTIONS/PURPOSES:

We therefore determined the rate of return to play after operative treatment for Batter’s shoulder and whether ROM was restored.

METHODS:

We retrospectively reviewed the records of 14 baseball players diagnosed with Batter’s shoulder. Four played professionally, six were in college, and four were in varsity high school. The average age was 20.3 years (range, 16-33 years). All had physical examinations and MRI findings consistent with posterior labral tears involving the lead shoulder. Treatment involved arthroscopic posterior labral repair (n = 10), débridement (n = 2), or rehabilitation (n = 2). The minimum followup was 18 months (average, 2.8 years; range, 18-64 months).

RESULTS:

Eleven of 12 surgically treated patients returned to their previous level of batting at an average of 5.9 months after surgery. The one patient who was unable to return to play also had an osteochondral lesion of the glenoid identified at surgery. Players typically returned to hitting off a tee at 3 months and to facing live pitching at 6 months postoperatively. All patients regained full internal and external ROM as compared with preoperative data.

CONCLUSIONS:

Batter’s shoulder is an uncommon form of posterior instability in hitters affecting their lead shoulder. Most athletes are able to return to play at the same level after arthroscopic treatment of posterior capsulolabral lesions.

I have this injury right now. Remember when i said a few weeks ago that I had Lugo's impingement? Turns out it was a torn laburnum in the posterior capsule. What I know, through speaking to Dr.'s and googling.. it depends on how much ROM he has, how separated the shoulder is from the ball socket, and the pain he's in.

Surgery isn't guaranteed as it depends on the injury. If he can avoid surgery and get PT, he'll be back well before spring training.

If he has to get Surgery, he'll be cutting it close to start of season.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1718 » by reub » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:26 am

Mecca wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

BACKGROUND:

QUESTIONS/PURPOSES:

METHODS:

RESULTS:

CONCLUSIONS:

I have this injury right now. Remember when i said a few weeks ago that I had Lugo's impingement? Turns out it was a torn laburnum in the posterior capsule. What I know, through speaking to Dr.'s and googling.. it depends on how much ROM he has, how separated the shoulder is from the ball socket, and the pain he's in.

Surgery isn't guaranteed as it depends on the injury. If he can avoid surgery and get PT, he'll be back well before spring training.

Please get better. I just hope that this injury doesn't ruin Conforto's promising career. Watching SNY show the swing and the resulting injury over and over again was making me cringe, it looked so devastating.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1719 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:35 am

Mecca wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

BACKGROUND:

QUESTIONS/PURPOSES:

METHODS:

RESULTS:

CONCLUSIONS:

Good luck with your injury. What's your treatment plan?
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1720 » by reub » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:23 pm

David Wright's rehab has been shut down after 3 games. Come on, Captain, it's time.

Return to New York Knicks