ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi

reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,864
And1: 1,075
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1741 » by reub » Sat Sep 2, 2017 8:41 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:And Conforto to have shoulder surgery. :noway: :noway:

https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/47806/Michael-Conforto-To-Have-Shoulder-Surgery


I haven't read the article yet. How much time will he miss?

I hope that the Mets are getting a volume discount on their health insurance plan.
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,457
And1: 3,319
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: A Man's Gotta Have a Code.

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1742 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Sep 3, 2017 4:24 am

Flores leaves the game in the most bizarre way I've ever seen, fouls a pitch off his nose. You can't even make this up.
Utah Jazz
Jokic x Plumlee x Noguiera
Gordon x Sabonis x Ellenson
Winslow x Hield x Carter
Fournier x Turner x Luwawu-Cabarrot
Russell x Dragic x Valentine
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,240
And1: 13,333
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1743 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 3, 2017 5:16 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:And Conforto to have shoulder surgery. :noway: :noway:

https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/47806/Michael-Conforto-To-Have-Shoulder-Surgery


I haven't read the article yet. How much time will he miss?

I hope that the Mets are getting a volume discount on their health insurance plan.


Welp, he's having the surgery of course. LOL. Seriously, it's probably better he does. I saw "disaster" written all over him just trying to rehab the tear.

I believe he will be ready for baseball activities by the start of the season. There are things he can probably do to keep his legs in decent shape but I'd still think he'd need a "good" month (Optimum commercial reference) for rehab.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,240
And1: 13,333
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1744 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 3, 2017 5:16 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Flores leaves the game in the most bizarre way I've ever seen, fouls a pitch off his nose. You can't even make this up.


That was crazy. So Metsian too.

Wilmer deserves a lifetime contract with the Mets. He has easily become my favorite player.
User avatar
Stannis
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,229
And1: 1,010
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
Contact:
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1745 » by Stannis » Sun Sep 3, 2017 9:07 pm

At this pace, Tebow will get a call up beginning of next year
https://youtu.be/YJTCXlT4c3E

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty."
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,240
And1: 13,333
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1746 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 3, 2017 11:38 pm

Stannis wrote:At this pace, Tebow will get a call up beginning of next year


Nah, we got Aoki. :lol:
reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,864
And1: 1,075
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1747 » by reub » Mon Sep 4, 2017 3:42 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:At this pace, Tebow will get a call up beginning of next year


Nah, we got Aoki. :lol:


Aoki has looked good so far. What's wrong with having a baby Ichiro?
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,240
And1: 13,333
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1748 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 4, 2017 4:27 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:At this pace, Tebow will get a call up beginning of next year


Nah, we got Aoki. :lol:


Aoki has looked good so far. What's wrong with having a baby Ichiro?


He makes Ichiro look like Godzilla.
reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,864
And1: 1,075
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1749 » by reub » Mon Sep 4, 2017 8:29 pm

David Wright will have rotator cuff surgery tomorrow. TJ Rivera will have Tommy John surgery. HSS loves our Mets!
reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,864
And1: 1,075
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1750 » by reub » Mon Sep 4, 2017 8:36 pm

At least if we can come out of the season with a revitalized Montero and Plawecki to go along with Rosario and Dom Smith we might have something to look forward to for next season. I'd try hard to bring back Bruce. Could Nimmo make the leap?

Our pitching staff, with a healthy Thor, DeGrom, Harvey, Matz, Lugo, Montero, Wheeler plus Ramos and Familia would be formidable if we added another middle reliever or one of those young arms that we traded for develops quickly.

Oh, and Harvey is going to pitch again on three days rest. Sounds crazy but I actually think it's a good sign that he's feeling well and wants to get his career back on track.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,240
And1: 13,333
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1751 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 5, 2017 5:50 am

TJ Rivera to have TJ surgery. Can't make this chit up.
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,457
And1: 3,319
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: A Man's Gotta Have a Code.

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1752 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Sep 5, 2017 10:37 pm

I thought that once Smith/Rosario were called up I'd actually watch the games again, but I've probably seen about 10 innings since Smith was called up. Literally no joy in watching this team right now, such as sad state we've become in just two years.
Utah Jazz
Jokic x Plumlee x Noguiera
Gordon x Sabonis x Ellenson
Winslow x Hield x Carter
Fournier x Turner x Luwawu-Cabarrot
Russell x Dragic x Valentine
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,240
And1: 13,333
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1753 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 6, 2017 2:58 am

Manhattan Project wrote:I thought that once Smith/Rosario were called up I'd actually watch the games again, but I've probably seen about 10 innings since Smith was called up. Literally no joy in watching this team right now, such as sad state we've become in just two years.


I saw Callahan pitch an inning tonight. Throws hard (96-97) but doesn't appear to have a breaking ball.
reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,864
And1: 1,075
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1754 » by reub » Wed Sep 6, 2017 10:46 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:I thought that once Smith/Rosario were called up I'd actually watch the games again, but I've probably seen about 10 innings since Smith was called up. Literally no joy in watching this team right now, such as sad state we've become in just two years.


I saw Callahan pitch an inning tonight. Throws hard (96-97) but doesn't appear to have a breaking ball.


bNo would say that Callahan sucks because his ERA is around 10. :banghead:
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,240
And1: 13,333
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1755 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 7, 2017 4:19 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:I thought that once Smith/Rosario were called up I'd actually watch the games again, but I've probably seen about 10 innings since Smith was called up. Literally no joy in watching this team right now, such as sad state we've become in just two years.


I saw Callahan pitch an inning tonight. Throws hard (96-97) but doesn't appear to have a breaking ball.


bNo would say that Callahan sucks because his ERA is around 10. :banghead:


ERA isn't the best barometer of a reliever. But if he doesn't have a second pitch, he's not going to get a lot of hitters out imo. He comes from right over the top, so his fastball doesn't have much, if any, movement on it.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,240
And1: 13,333
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1756 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 8, 2017 4:22 am

Harvey threw nice and easy tonight, imo. Not a lot of strike outs (1 K, I believe). But he has nice inside movement on his 2 seam fastball. Didn't recall seeing him throw many breaking balls, but I missed the first inning and 2/3. Got his fastball up to 94 on a number of pitches. Hopefully, he'll continue to build up arm strength and that he comes in fully healthy for next season.

But we found Captain Nimmo tonight. 3 for 3, 2 HRs, 1 2B, 3 RBIs. Finally showing some power. Glad to see that he'll be getting a chance to play every day now.
reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,864
And1: 1,075
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1757 » by reub » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Plawecki has made strides. Nimmo too. Montero proving to be a keeper. Rosario. Harvey throwing better. Thor just around the corner.
Glimmers of light.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,240
And1: 13,333
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1758 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:24 pm

reub wrote:Plawecki has made strides. Nimmo too. Montero proving to be a keeper. Rosario. Harvey throwing better. Thor just around the corner.
Glimmers of light.


Don't do this to me.

Montero is still walking too many people again (at least the last two starts). He walked 5 in 5 innings last night and 4 in 5 innings his last start.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,240
And1: 13,333
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1759 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Here's a question for my compadres. I'm assuming that we're not going to keep both Reyes and Cabrera. It would be redundant. I think I'd rather keep Jose. Who should we keep?
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,457
And1: 3,319
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: A Man's Gotta Have a Code.

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1760 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:52 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Here's a question for my compadres. I'm assuming that we're not going to keep both Reyes and Cabrera. It would be redundant. I think I'd rather keep Jose. Who should we keep?


The answer is neither, but if I had to pick it's Reyes. If the stories of Cabrera being a malcontent I want no part of him. Rosario seems to be fond of Reyes, so he gets the nod for me.
Utah Jazz
Jokic x Plumlee x Noguiera
Gordon x Sabonis x Ellenson
Winslow x Hield x Carter
Fournier x Turner x Luwawu-Cabarrot
Russell x Dragic x Valentine
Image

Return to New York Knicks