ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi

User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,352
And1: 13,426
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1881 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:mickey baby :D already pumped for baseball!

Read on Twitter


This shyt doesn't work. So now we're going to have a severely overworked bullpen. This sounds like what Girardi prematurely relieved for CC in the playoff game against the Indians after only 77 pitches when CC was dealing. I hate this shyt. I remember when Bob Gibson and others threw well over 250 innings every year.


Wingo, that's when men were men. Now they're more like blueNorange. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Not only is the BP going to be overworked (even with an 8th arm added), it also means that our bench will be shorthanded by one player.

Man, I'm not digging this new style of baseball. Games are taking too long and having all these relievers coming into the game disrupts the flow that is normally deliberate at best. And they have to go back to the regular baseball and be done with trying to mess with it. Many of the pitchers said that they couldn't get any real break or movement on the ball because the seams were much lower this past season. I'm tired of even the worst hitters in the everyday line-up hitting 15-20 HRs. It's either a strikeout or a HR. That sucks IMO. I'd rather see more pitching duels and more pitchers pitching into the 7th, 8th and 9th innings. And while I'm on a roll, fck these prissy relievers who break out into cold sweats when they're called in to pitch in the middle of an inning. "Oh no, I think I'm going to pee myself. There's one out and the bases are loaded. What am I gonna do? Mommmmmmy!!!!" Grow a set of balls like Al Hrabowsky and Tug McGraw and do your job. FOH
reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,866
And1: 1,076
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1882 » by reub » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:33 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
This shyt doesn't work. So now we're going to have a severely overworked bullpen. This sounds like what Girardi prematurely relieved for CC in the playoff game against the Indians after only 77 pitches when CC was dealing. I hate this shyt. I remember when Bob Gibson and others threw well over 250 innings every year.


Wingo, that's when men were men. Now they're more like blueNorange. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Not only is the BP going to be overworked (even with an 8th arm added), it also means that our bench will be shorthanded by one player.

Man, I'm not digging this new style of baseball. Games are taking too long and having all these relievers coming into the game disrupts the flow that is normally deliberate at best. And they have to go back to the regular baseball and be done with trying to mess with it. Many of the pitchers said that they couldn't get any real break or movement on the ball because the seams were much lower this past season. I'm tired of even the worst hitters in the everyday line-up hitting 15-20 HRs. It's either a strikeout or a HR. That sucks IMO. I'd rather see more pitching duels and more pitchers pitching into the 7th, 8th and 9th innings. And while I'm on a roll, fck these prissy relievers who break out into cold sweats when they're called in to pitch in the middle of an inning. "Oh no, I think I'm going to pee myself. There's one out and the bases are loaded. What am I gonna do? Mommmmmmy!!!!" Grow a set of balls like Al Hrabowsky and Tug McGraw and do your job. FOH


Don't worry about it. The new manager is going to spread so much love around the clubhouse that pitchers and catchers will be hugging between innings.
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 37,679
And1: 20,566
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1883 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Too much at the top of the board. I'll let these simmer open for a few days and then we'll get 'em next year and save baseball talk for big moves. XOXO.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,352
And1: 13,426
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1884 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 am

Capn'O wrote:Too much at the top of the board. I'll let these simmer open for a few days and then we'll get 'em next year and save baseball talk for big moves. XOXO.


How about a thread for the Winter GM Meetings? Aren't they this week?
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 37,679
And1: 20,566
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1885 » by Capn'O » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:28 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Too much at the top of the board. I'll let these simmer open for a few days and then we'll get 'em next year and save baseball talk for big moves. XOXO.


How about a thread for the Winter GM Meetings? Aren't they this week?


Can't speak for the others but I wouldn't object to a new OT thread on that. Mostly trying to declutter the top of the board.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,352
And1: 13,426
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1886 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:02 pm

blueNorange wrote:mickey baby :D already pumped for baseball!

Read on Twitter


https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/callaway-says-mets-will-use-judgement-and-data-in-deciding-when-to-pull-starting-pitchers/262058572

"I think you use every players' strengths to the max," he told WOR 710 AM. "We're going to be prepared going into the game, knowing who's a good matchup and who's not a good matchup. And if I see them tire, they're not going to get to face the lineup the third time through. But if they're showing us that they can continue to go and they're strong, and everything mechanically looks good, they're healthy and their stuff looks good, then they're going to pitch 12 innings if they can."

"There's going to be some nights when your No. 1 and 2 starter pitches like a fourth and fifth starter and you have to get him out of the game sooner than you think you would have to," Eiland explained to Carig. "There's going to be nights when your fourth and fifth starter pitch like ones and twos and get deeper into the game than you thought they would. You use the numbers, you use the data. But you also trust your eyes, your experiences, and use common sense."
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 40,221
And1: 5,568
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1887 » by blueNorange » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:23 pm

okay?

mickey is the manager, and he didn't bring eiland aboard if he didn't share the same vision.

but congrats on learning to bold a sentence.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image

Return to New York Knicks