ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,596

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#2121 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:51 pm

reub wrote:As for why I came back from the Bahamas? Well, the ship left the damn port. That's why.

I flew to the Freeport one time about 15 years ago. I was supposed to meet my buddy and some friends with his boat to go fishing and diving there. The waters, however, were too rough for him to get his 37' Haddares down there so I took a puddle jumper the next day back to Florida. Sitting directly in front of me was none other than F. Lee Bailey. I could've easier flicked my finger on the back of head. :lol: I was reading a legal thriller at the time, so after we got off the plane I introduced myself to him. We exchanged a few pleasantries, he signed my book and off he went. :P
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#2122 » by reub » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:01 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:As for why I came back from the Bahamas? Well, the ship left the damn port. That's why.

I flew to the Freeport one time about 15 years ago. I was supposed to meet my buddy and some friends with his boat to go fishing and diving there. The waters, however, were too rough for him to get his 37' Haddares down there so I took a puddle jumper the next day back to Florida. Sitting directly in front of me was none other than F. Lee Bailey. I could've easier flicked my finger on the back of head. :lol: I was reading a legal thriller at the time, so after we got off the plane I introduced myself to him. We exchanged a few pleasantries, he signed my book and off he went. :P

I was in Nassau, Bahamas and not only was the weather great but so were the people. I will be going back.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2123 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:06 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I was in Nassau, Bahamas and not only was the weather great but so were the people. I will be going back.

Did you see F. Lee?
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2124 » by reub » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:08 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Did you see F. Lee?

You know, now that you mention it Wingo, I did see some deadwood go floating by the coral rock. It could have been him.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2125 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:09 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:

Did you see F. Lee?

You know, now that you mention it Wingo, I did see some deadwood go floating by the coral rock. It could have been him.

:lol: Oh, that's right. He's dead.

EDIT: Wait, no he isn't. :lol:
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2126 » by reub » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:55 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Did you see F. Lee?

:lol: Oh, that's right. He's dead.

EDIT: Wait, no he isn't. :lol:

Either way, at this point he's mostly deadwood.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2127 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Reub, Josh Smoker posted a letter to you on Twitter.

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2128 » by reub » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:47 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Reub, Josh Smoker posted a letter to you on Twitter.

Read on Twitter

He's a class act and I guarantee you that he's going to emerge somewhere with his plus arm.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#2129 » by TMU » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:04 am

Class act that Smoker is. Thanks Jose Reyes. :(
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2130 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:38 pm

We finally made a significant move. Via Metsblog:

The Mets have acquired minor league LHP Daniel Zamora and cash considerations from the Pirates in exchange for LHP Josh Smoker.

Smoker had been designated for assignment last week to make room on the 40-man roster for recently re-signed Jose Reyes.

Zamora, 24, had a 1.86 ERA with 61 strikeouts in 37 games for High-A Bradenton in 2017. He also tossed 3.0 scoreless innings for Double-A Altoona.

He was the Pirates' 40th-round selection out of Stony Brook in the 2015 MLB Draft.

Smoker, 29, had a 5.11 ERA and 1.70 WHIP with 68 strikeouts in 56.1 innings for the Mets in 2017. He had a 4.70 ERA and 1.30 WHIP with 25 strikeouts in 15.1 innings in 2016, during what was his MLB debut.
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2131 » by reub » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:43 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:We finally made a significant move. Via Metsblog:

The Mets have acquired minor league LHP Daniel Zamora and cash considerations from the Pirates in exchange for LHP Josh Smoker.

Smoker had been designated for assignment last week to make room on the 40-man roster for recently re-signed Jose Reyes.

Zamora, 24, had a 1.86 ERA with 61 strikeouts in 37 games for High-A Bradenton in 2017. He also tossed 3.0 scoreless innings for Double-A Altoona.

He was the Pirates' 40th-round selection out of Stony Brook in the 2015 MLB Draft.

Smoker, 29, had a 5.11 ERA and 1.70 WHIP with 68 strikeouts in 56.1 innings for the Mets in 2017. He had a 4.70 ERA and 1.30 WHIP with 25 strikeouts in 15.1 innings in 2016, during what was his MLB debut.

An "A" ball star PLUS cash. I told you that Smoker was good.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2132 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:47 pm

reub wrote:

I wonder if Edgin could bring back such a haul? :P
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2133 » by reub » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:

No way!
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#2134 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47 pm

Hey maybe we can use some of that Smoker money and spend on free agents this year. After all that's what we were going to do since we traded half the team last year. I forget, that Wright insurance policy is expensive... :lol:
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#2135 » by reub » Thu Feb 1, 2018 12:36 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:

No way!

Edgin might get you a used razor but not much more.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2136 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Feb 1, 2018 12:51 am

reub wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

No way!

Edgin might get you a used razor but not much more.

:lol:
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2137 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Feb 6, 2018 2:29 am

Mets add Todd Frazier, two year 17 million. Pencil him in at third, this puts Cabrera at second. Another guy who play first base, in the event Wright does make it back. He brings great defense, but his batting average leaves a lot to be desired. By all accounts he's great to have in the locker room, should be interesting to see if that has an impact.

I do wonder the price of Bour and or Realmuto at this point, we really should try and nab one of them.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2138 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:22 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Mets add Todd Frazier, two year 17 million. Pencil him in at third, this puts Cabrera at second. Another guy who play first base, in the event Wright does make it back. He brings great defense, but his batting average leaves a lot to be desired. By all accounts he's great to have in the locker room, should be interesting to see if that has an impact.

I do wonder the price of Bour and or Realmuto at this point, we really should try and nab one of them.

The Marlins are looking for a minor league haul for JT. We just don't have those pieces anymore. Our farm system kinda sucks. Thanks Sandy.

And we just signed AGon so wouldn't Bour be redundant?

As for Frazier, I hope he can hit above .215. But he can play defense and is a good leader in the clubhouse. I hope we trade Cabrera and let Wilmer play 2B.
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2139 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:30 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:The Marlins are looking for a minor league haul for JT. We just don't have those pieces anymore. Our farm system kinda sucks. Thanks Sandy.

As for Frazier, I hope he can hit above .215. But he can play defense and is a good leader in the clubhouse. I hope we trade Cabrera and let Wilmer play 2B.

Bour is a legitimate option, I know we won't go after him but I would love him. Gonzalez is the lottery scratcher that we're hoping pays off. Realmuto is a great defensive catcher, hits for average and is under contract for a few more years. Allegedly they want an OF for him, hell I'll offer Sandy's favorite player in Nimmo and then some.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#2140 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:58 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The Marlins are looking for a minor league haul for JT. We just don't have those pieces anymore. Our farm system kinda sucks. Thanks Sandy.

Bour is a legitimate option, I know we won't go after him but I would love him. Gonzalez is the lottery scratcher that we're hoping pays off. Realmuto is a great defensive catcher, hits for average and is under contract for a few more years. Allegedly they want an OF for him, hell I'll offer Sandy's favorite player in Nimmo and then some.

Nimmo for Realmuto? :lol: Sandy would never do it. Nimmo's the GOAT.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks