ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,086

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3541 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 8, 2018 5:13 am

Manhattan Project wrote:It was obvious that deGrom would be placed on the market, but Thor as well potentially? WHY Thor? deGrom's days as a Met are numbered, might as well get to Citi Field to see him one last time.

it’s not real rumors, it was based off sherman’s article which was his opinions
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3542 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 8, 2018 5:18 am

reub and hawthorn still have yet to say why alonso needs aaa seasoning.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
KennySkyWalker
Senior
And1: 200

Post#3543 » by KennySkyWalker » Fri Jun 8, 2018 8:09 am

I agree with bNo on Alonso and A-Gone. Alonso should have been up yesterday, and A-Gone needs to be gone. Reyes too. All the dead weight that is possible to get rid of must go now. We shouldn't have to waste the rest of the season being bored to death when there are some exciting rookies and young players to watch. ho hum but this what the Mes do every season. They wait too long.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#3544 » by reub » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:16 pm

KennySkyWalker wrote:I agree with bNo on Alonso and A-Gone. Alonso should have been up yesterday, and A-Gone needs to be gone. Reyes too. All the dead weight that is possible to get rid of must go now. We shouldn't have to waste the rest of the season being bored to death when there are some exciting rookies and young players to watch. ho hum but this what the Mes do every season. They wait too long.

Kenny, Alonso is not a natural, Ken Griffey Jr. kind of talent. He doesn't offer speed or defense. He's not 19 years old either. He's a plodding, powerful righthanded hitting first baseman. Aaron Judge didn't even make the majors until he was almost 25.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#3545 » by reub » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:16 pm

blueNorange wrote:reub and hawthorn still have yet to say why alonso needs aaa seasoning.

I'll explain it to you right after I tell you why the earth spins.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,623

Post#3546 » by Lord Commander » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:48 pm

Tonight is our best chance (a slim one) to grab one game. God, I hate the Coupons. :evil:
KennySkyWalker
Senior
And1: 200

Post#3547 » by KennySkyWalker » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:51 pm

reub wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:I agree with bNo on Alonso and A-Gone. Alonso should have been up yesterday, and A-Gone needs to be gone. Reyes too. All the dead weight that is possible to get rid of must go now. We shouldn't have to waste the rest of the season being bored to death when there are some exciting rookies and young players to watch. ho hum but this what the Mes do every season. They wait too long.

Kenny, Alonso is not a natural, Ken Griffey Jr. kind of talent. He doesn't offer speed or defense. He's not 19 years old either. He's a plodding, powerful righthanded hitting first baseman. Aaron Judge didn't even make the majors until he was almost 25.

I'm not comparing him to Aaron Judge or Ken Griffey Jr. But keep in mind he does come from a top college program where he excelled.

Article from 1 month ago mentions his greatly improved defense at first base. So now we're down to plodding. Who cares? A first baseman is not there to provide speed on the basepaths.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/improved-defense-puts-peter-alonso-on-track/
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3548 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 8, 2018 5:47 pm

reub wrote:

let me take a page out of your terrible book

durr so if the yankees called up judge at 25, it means the mets should too? :lol:

and i love how you still can't form a smart response as to why alonso should go to triple a, just admit you have absolutely no idea why he should.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3549 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 8, 2018 5:48 pm

KennySkyWalker wrote:
reub wrote:

I'm not comparing him to Aaron Judge or Ken Griffey Jr. But keep in mind he does come from a top college program where he excelled.

Article from 1 month ago mentions his greatly improved defense at first base. So now we're down to plodding. Who cares? A first baseman is not there to provide speed on the basepaths.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/improved-defense-puts-peter-alonso-on-track/

you're talking to a person that thinks josh smoker is a very good pitcher.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,647

Post#3550 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:07 pm

blueNorange wrote:reub and hawthorn still have yet to say why alonso needs aaa seasoning.

Are you really this dumb? I'll say it again. :noway:

1. Because he needs to see better pitching.

1. Because surrounding him with a bunch players who can't hit means Alonso won't see good pitches.
Free Palestine
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#3551 » by levendis » Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:14 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

1. Because surrounding him with a bunch players who can't hit means Alonso won't see good pitches.

while AA has the more talent, AAA does present it's own challenges. Judge and Frazier struggled their first appearances in AAA. You get more finesse guys in AAA/ guys that try to paint corners and make you chase with breaking balls, which is a valuable experience. It's not like Alonso is a top 5 prospect who just soars through a system. I think giving guys like that a good 250 ABs at AAA is best for their development. I'm not sure he's the difference between the Mets making the playoffs or not, so taking some time isn't the worst thing in the world.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3552 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:21 pm

levendis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

while AA has the more talent, AAA does present it's own challenges. Judge and Frazier struggled their first appearances in AAA. You get more finesse guys in AAA/ guys that try to paint corners and make you chase with breaking balls, which is a valuable experience. It's not like Alonso is a top 5 prospect who just soars through a system. I think giving guys like that a good 250 ABs at AAA is best for their development. I'm not sure he's the difference between the Mets making the playoffs or not, so taking some time isn't the worst thing in the world.

Bringing him up now and expecting him to be some kind of savior is not the right course, imo. Let's at least wait for Cespedes to come back and see if the team starts to hit. If it does and AGon is still not holding up his end, then maybe. But I expect Bruce to get the first crack at it.
Free Palestine
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#3553 » by levendis » Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:25 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
levendis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Bringing him up now and expecting him to be some kind of savior is not the right course, imo. Let's at least wait for Cespedes to come back and see if the team starts to hit. If it does and AGon is still not holding up his end, then maybe. But I expect Bruce to get the first crack at it.

Yeah I was actually thinking about that. Nimmo/Conforto/Cespedes is a nice OF. Bruce I can't see continuing this, he'll start hitting at some point. 1B is probably the best spot for him. Have Alonso start getting ABs in AAA and waiting to see what happens.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3554 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:34 pm

levendis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
levendis wrote:

Yeah I was actually thinking about that. Nimmo/Conforto/Cespedes is a nice OF. Bruce I can't see continuing this, he'll start hitting at some point. 1B is probably the best spot for him. Have Alonso start getting ABs in AAA and waiting to see what happens.

You, sir, are a reasonable man.
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3555 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 8, 2018 7:48 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

the pitching in double a is filled with top pitching prospects, the pitching in triple a is filled with guys who aren't good enough to be in the majors

so because the guys around alonso can't hit should be a reason why to not call him up?

and you had the balls to ask if i'm dumb?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3556 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 8, 2018 7:55 pm

levendis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

good answer, now to counter alonso is having a way better season than judge when he was in double a.

aaron judge 2015(aa and aaa) 124 games

20 homeruns(49 xbh overall)
53 walks
.777 ops

alonso's 2018 59 games

.315 ba
15 homeruns(24 xbh overall)
43 walks
1.049 ops

so aaron judge went to aaa because he needed more seasoning, alonso is clearly too advanced for the competition
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3557 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 8, 2018 7:58 pm

now before reub or anyone else twists words, i'm not claiming alonso to be better than judge or can be like judge.

i'm just saying comparing judge to alonso isn't good.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3558 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 8, 2018 8:02 pm

blueNorange wrote:
levendis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

good answer, now to counter alonso is having a way better season than judge when he was in double a.

aaron judge 2015(aa and aaa) 124 games

20 homeruns(49 xbh overall)
53 walks
.777 ops

alonso's 2018 59 games

.315 ba
15 homeruns(24 xbh overall)
43 walks
1.049 ops

so aaron judge went to aaa because he needed more seasoning, alonso is clearly too advanced for the competition

Then write a piece for AmazinAvenue.com and tweet Sandy about your astute scouting opinions

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,586

Post#3559 » by mpharris36 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 8:26 pm

familia on the DL

and Syndergaard with swelling in finger...and wont go Sunday

u literally can't make this sh*t up.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3560 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 8, 2018 9:02 pm

mpharris36 wrote:familia on the DL

and Syndergaard with swelling in finger...and wont go Sunday

u literally can't make this sh*t up.

have you read this article of all the stuff wilpons with stuff on how they treat personnel, blame others, how the sign free agents, etc

https://goodfundies.com/a-complete-history-of-media-reports-chronicling-the-wilpons-meddling-in-new-york-mets-baseball-6c0055acaa2

it's quite depressing
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks