ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, FrontOfficeEye, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, Thugger HBC, Capn'O, K-DOT, j4remi, Thorn, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36

reub
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,893
And1: 1,624
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3601 » by reub » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:53 pm

blueNorange wrote:bit of news on a-gone, LOLLL @ reub and hawthorne

The Mets also are mulling how long they want to go with Adrian Gonzalez — yet another struggling lefty hitter — at first base. Bruce, or perhaps at some point even Cespedes, could move to first to alleviate the outfield logjam. Plus, they have to figure how to get Wilmer Flores back on the roster with Jose Reyes and Jose Bautista facing roster jeopardy, plus the Mets still carrying three catchers


But why aren't they bringing up your latest boy toy Alonso? Could it be that he's not ready yet? :lol:

No one here is wedded to Gonzalez. We just realize that he's more of a major leaguer right now than Dom Smith or Alonzo. If we continue to lose then I'm all for bringing up the kids and blowing it up. How did it work out for you when you said that Gonzalez wasn't making the team coming out of Spring training? After that prediction you should be very quiet.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 41,330
And1: 6,404
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3602 » by blueNorange » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:14 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Sorry, but Peterson doesn't look all that impressive to me. And he doesn't look that athletic at all.

okay scout mcscouty, what about him doesn't impress you even though people that are smart are impressed with him?

and he's not athletic, he's a throwback big dude that pounds the strikezone.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 41,330
And1: 6,404
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3603 » by blueNorange » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:15 pm

reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:bit of news on a-gone, LOLLL @ reub and hawthorne

The Mets also are mulling how long they want to go with Adrian Gonzalez — yet another struggling lefty hitter — at first base. Bruce, or perhaps at some point even Cespedes, could move to first to alleviate the outfield logjam. Plus, they have to figure how to get Wilmer Flores back on the roster with Jose Reyes and Jose Bautista facing roster jeopardy, plus the Mets still carrying three catchers


But why aren't they bringing up your latest boy toy Alonso? Could it be that he's not ready yet? :lol:

No one here is wedded to Gonzalez. We just realize that he's more of a major leaguer right now than Dom Smith or Alonzo. If we continue to lose then I'm all for bringing up the kids and blowing it up. How did it work out for you when you said that Gonzalez wasn't making the team coming out of Spring training? After that prediction you should be very quiet.

i'll give you 39 million chances to guess why.

dude you have nothing against me when it comes to a-gone. you lost. the dude is complete ass.

who cares if he made the team and stuck with it, the mets don't know how to run a team. when a-gone is released no team is gonna sign him.

how did it work for you all these past 2 months you wanting a-gone to get at bats over nimmo? wanting to not promote alonso who's crushing the minors because, 26 rbi's, :lol:

i think it's well established that when it comes to baseball your opinion as well as hawthornes should always be taken with a grain of salt.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,772
And1: 16,407
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3604 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:15 pm

blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Sorry, but Peterson doesn't look all that impressive to me. And he doesn't look that athletic at all.

okay scout mcscouty, what about him doesn't impress you even though people that are smart are impressed with him?

and he's not athletic, he's a throwback big dude that pounds the strikezone.


He looks like a big slob I used to play weekend summer league baseball with back in 1980. And I don't like his pitching motion

We'll see.
Image
reub
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,893
And1: 1,624
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3605 » by reub » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:50 pm

blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:bit of news on a-gone, LOLLL @ reub and hawthorne

The Mets also are mulling how long they want to go with Adrian Gonzalez — yet another struggling lefty hitter — at first base. Bruce, or perhaps at some point even Cespedes, could move to first to alleviate the outfield logjam. Plus, they have to figure how to get Wilmer Flores back on the roster with Jose Reyes and Jose Bautista facing roster jeopardy, plus the Mets still carrying three catchers


But why aren't they bringing up your latest boy toy Alonso? Could it be that he's not ready yet? :lol:

No one here is wedded to Gonzalez. We just realize that he's more of a major leaguer right now than Dom Smith or Alonzo. If we continue to lose then I'm all for bringing up the kids and blowing it up. How did it work out for you when you said that Gonzalez wasn't making the team coming out of Spring training? After that prediction you should be very quiet.

i'll give you 39 million chances to guess why.

dude you have nothing against me when it comes to a-gone. you lost. the dude is complete ass.

who cares if he made the team and stuck with it, the mets don't know how to run a team. when a-gone is released no team is gonna sign him.

how did it work for you all these past 2 months you wanting a-gone to get at bats over nimmo? wanting to not promote alonso who's crushing the minors because, 26 rbi's, :lol:

i think it's well established that when it comes to baseball your opinion as well as hawthornes should always be taken with a grain of salt.


I'm not here to defend Gonzalez but he was better than all of our other options...up until now. His defense blows away any of our other first basemen and he has contributed 26 RBIs to the team. When we have a better option available I'll be the first to say let's try him. This has been my position from the very beginning while you were saying stupid things that he wouldn't make the team and that he can't even play because his back is killing him. Its hilarious how you want to move Bruce to first base even though he hasn't produced nearly as well as Gonzalez because you're suddenly concerned about Wilpon's money. Did you invest with Madoff too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I never said anything about Nimmo not playing. You just made that stuff up out of whole cloth. Nimmo should play as long as he's producing, just like any other of our guys. If management gives up on the season then he should play every day. So stop making crap up.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 41,330
And1: 6,404
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3606 » by blueNorange » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:11 pm

please don't respond to me, it's over.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,772
And1: 16,407
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3607 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:54 pm

blueNorange wrote:please don't respond to me, it's over.


Image
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,772
And1: 16,407
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3608 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Cespedes was lifted from his rehab game in Trenton - for what the Mets called “precautionary reasons” - due to soreness in his quad.

Have a nice day.
Image
User avatar
Jose7
RealGM
Posts: 31,227
And1: 2,798
Joined: Apr 02, 2007
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3609 » by Jose7 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:55 pm

what happened to the great mickey?
reub
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,893
And1: 1,624
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3610 » by reub » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:51 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Cespedes was lifted from his rehab game in Trenton - for what the Mets called “precautionary reasons” - due to soreness in his quad.

Have a nice day.


What's the Cuban word for malingerer?
reub
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,893
And1: 1,624
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3611 » by reub » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:54 pm

blueNorange wrote:please don't respond to me, it's over.

But we were just beginning to get to know each other better.
KennySkyWalker
Senior
Posts: 541
And1: 187
Joined: Oct 08, 2017

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3612 » by KennySkyWalker » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 am

That Conforto fly out would have been an upper deck home run in Yankee Stadium.
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,479
And1: 4,255
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: The game ain't in me no more. None of it.

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3613 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:50 am

Well only in RealGM can we have Met fans hate each other, Mecca talk smack about Severino all year long and then Lugo out duels him. Only on this board... We win this game, Callaway talks about him this will be a win that turns the season around and we go and lose 13 of the next 15.
Utah Jazz
Drummond x Plumlee
Jokic x Harrell
Barnes x Ross x Luwawu-Cabarrot
Crabbe x Curry x Burks
Russell x Mills
Image
reub
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,893
And1: 1,624
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3614 » by reub » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:59 am

Bloviating blorange says Lugo can't start. Smfh!
reub
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,893
And1: 1,624
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3615 » by reub » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:34 am

Todd Frazier. The difference maker.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 41,330
And1: 6,404
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3616 » by blueNorange » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:35 am

reub wrote:Bloviating blorange says Lugo can't start. Smfh!

1. get my name out of your mouth
2. lugo has a partial tear of the ucl, the more he pitches the less effective he is.

but i know this information is too much.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 41,330
And1: 6,404
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3617 » by blueNorange » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:37 am

mets release adrian gonzalez, 5 months too late :rofl:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,772
And1: 16,407
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3618 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:34 am

blueNorange wrote:mets release adrian gonzalez, 5 months too late :rofl:


And bring Dominic Smith, just like I said.

Jose Lobaton DFA'd. Thankfully.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,772
And1: 16,407
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3619 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:38 am

blueNorange wrote:mets release adrian gonzalez, 5 months too late :rofl:


This is for you so we don't have to hear you whine the rest of the season.

Emphasis on the "NO MATTER WHAT."

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,772
And1: 16,407
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3620 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:44 am

Image

Return to New York Knicks