ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,692

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3701 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:49 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I thought Beck was assigned to AAA. Auspicious debut. smh

Sandy has a thing for relief pitchers with funky glasses. Clippard, Rhame and now Beck.

Then this is my chance. Tell Sandy I'm ready.

Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#3702 » by reub » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Kelenic just signed. Bring him up now. What do we have to lose?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3703 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Can't wait for tonight's game! :roll:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3704 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:06 am

Holy fck! We actually scored 5 runs and won! Thank you Baseball Gods. THANK YOU!
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3705 » by reub » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:16 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Holy fck! We actually scored 5 runs and won! Thank you Baseball Gods. THANK YOU!

We were the early April Mets last night. It felt really, really good.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3706 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:11 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Holy fck! We actually scored 5 runs and won! Thank you Baseball Gods. THANK YOU!

It was the first game I actually watched from the first pitch to the last in a long time. Felt great! :D
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3707 » by reub » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:17 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:

It was the first game I actually watched from the first pitch to the last in a long time. Felt great! :D

We did it again, this time with 4 runs in the 9th, all with 2 outs, starting with a bunt.
Ever since blorange went on hiatus we've started to turn it around.
Now let's call up Kelenik because who needs time in the minors anyway.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3708 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:42 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:

We did it again, this time with 4 runs in the 9th, all with 2 outs, starting with a bunt.

Nice win. Splitting in AZ in no small feat.
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3709 » by reub » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:24 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Did you see the play where Dom Smith made the catch at 1B and then inexplicably tried to move the ball to his throwing hand by putting it through his legs like Steph Curry? Of course he dropped it on the transfer and they called the runner safe. I saw him make even worse decisions late last season and this kind of shyt makes me wish that Peter Alonso was ready now.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#3710 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:45 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:

Did you see the play where Dom Smith made the catch at 1B and then inexplicably tried to move the ball to his throwing hand by putting it through his legs like Steph Curry? Of course he dropped it on the transfer and they called the runner safe. I saw him make even worse decisions late last season and this kind of shyt makes me wish that Peter Alonso was ready now.

I dont' think any Mets fan missed that play by Dom and if they did then they'll see it all over any new york papers or tv show all night last night and all day today. Now i do believe the runner should of been out cause he lost the ball while trying to make the transfer and i thought that was very clear but still a dumb play at that time of the game and really any time during a game.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#3711 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Mets farm system as bad as many think?

Despite popular belief, the New York Mets farm system isn’t in as bad of shape as many people believe it is.
With rumors swirling around suggesting that the New York Mets should trade one of their star pitchers to replenish their farm system, it is important to examine what they actually have in the minor leagues. Surprisingly, it actually isn’t all too bad and shouldn’t warrant a massive trade to replenish it.

Granted, many of their top prospects are in the lower levels, like Single-A and Double-A, but nonetheless, these players could still become contributors in the big leagues, it’s just going to take some time. Unlike many franchises, the majority of the Mets’ top prospects can be found in the lower levels of the minor leagues.

Three players in exception to this are Peter Alonso, Jeff McNeil, and Drew Smith. All of these players are in Triple-A and almost ready to contribute to the big league club. Alonso, who has been on fire all season, was recently promoted to Triple-A along with his teammate McNeil. Both have been crushing the ball in Double-A and deservedly were given a promotion.

Smith, on the other hand, was acquired from the Tampa Bay Rays in the 2017 Lucas Duda Trade. He has compiled a 4-1 record with a 2.70 ERA and has been hitting 100 mph down in Triple-A. Smith has excellent stuff and could be an important factor in the bullpen in the near term.

Now we get into the lower level prospects, whom the Mets have a tremendous amount of. Look no further than Justin Dunn, who was recently promoted to Double-A. Dunn, a 2016 first round draft pick, is having the best professional season of his career. Thus far, he is a deceivable 3-3 but has an ERA of 2.05 and 60 strikeouts in 52.2 IP.

Similarly to Dunn, David Peterson is also having the best season of his career. Peterson has taken huge strides in his second professional season and was recently promoted to the St Lucie Mets in High-A ball. This season, he has two wins and an ERA of 1.96 in 10 games. Some scouts have even compared him to superstar southpaw Madison Bumgarner.

In addition to these players, we can’t forget about 19-year old Andres Gimenez, who is listed as the Mets’ number one prospect.

Gimenez has put together a respectable 2018 campaign thus far. In St. Lucie, he’s batting .277 with 21 extra base hits in just 60 games. Gimenez’s best tool is his speed, evident by his 22 stolen bases.

Along with these players, Jarred Kelenic, Simeon Woods-Richardson, and other recent draft picks will begin to emerge as prospects in the organization. Generally, analysists have agreed that the Mets had an excellent 2018 draft and did a nice job patching holes in their farm system.

With some talent at the higher levels, even more at the lower levels, and a lot coming in from the draft, the future of the Mets isn’t in as bad of shape as you may have thought it was.

The Mets have a lot of talent and a brighter future than you may have thought. In dire times like these, Ya still gotta believe!
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3712 » by reub » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:56 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:Mets farm system as bad as many think?

Despite popular belief, the New York Mets farm system isn’t in as bad of shape as many people believe it is.
With rumors swirling around suggesting that the New York Mets should trade one of their star pitchers to replenish their farm system, it is important to examine what they actually have in the minor leagues. Surprisingly, it actually isn’t all too bad and shouldn’t warrant a massive trade to replenish it.

Granted, many of their top prospects are in the lower levels, like Single-A and Double-A, but nonetheless, these players could still become contributors in the big leagues, it’s just going to take some time. Unlike many franchises, the majority of the Mets’ top prospects can be found in the lower levels of the minor leagues.

Three players in exception to this are Peter Alonso, Jeff McNeil, and Drew Smith. All of these players are in Triple-A and almost ready to contribute to the big league club. Alonso, who has been on fire all season, was recently promoted to Triple-A along with his teammate McNeil. Both have been crushing the ball in Double-A and deservedly were given a promotion.

Smith, on the other hand, was acquired from the Tampa Bay Rays in the 2017 Lucas Duda Trade. He has compiled a 4-1 record with a 2.70 ERA and has been hitting 100 mph down in Triple-A. Smith has excellent stuff and could be an important factor in the bullpen in the near term.

Now we get into the lower level prospects, whom the Mets have a tremendous amount of. Look no further than Justin Dunn, who was recently promoted to Double-A. Dunn, a 2016 first round draft pick, is having the best professional season of his career. Thus far, he is a deceivable 3-3 but has an ERA of 2.05 and 60 strikeouts in 52.2 IP.

Similarly to Dunn, David Peterson is also having the best season of his career. Peterson has taken huge strides in his second professional season and was recently promoted to the St Lucie Mets in High-A ball. This season, he has two wins and an ERA of 1.96 in 10 games. Some scouts have even compared him to superstar southpaw Madison Bumgarner.

In addition to these players, we can’t forget about 19-year old Andres Gimenez, who is listed as the Mets’ number one prospect.

Gimenez has put together a respectable 2018 campaign thus far. In St. Lucie, he’s batting .277 with 21 extra base hits in just 60 games. Gimenez’s best tool is his speed, evident by his 22 stolen bases.

Along with these players, Jarred Kelenic, Simeon Woods-Richardson, and other recent draft picks will begin to emerge as prospects in the organization. Generally, analysists have agreed that the Mets had an excellent 2018 draft and did a nice job patching holes in their farm system.

With some talent at the higher levels, even more at the lower levels, and a lot coming in from the draft, the future of the Mets isn’t in as bad of shape as you may have thought it was.

The Mets have a lot of talent and a brighter future than you may have thought. In dire times like these, Ya still gotta believe!

I like our future too. A lot of these kids look very promising.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#3713 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Yeah i think i actually said it earlier in this thread when someone asked if we have talent in our system, i said we have plenty of talent but it's just lower in our system.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3714 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:42 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:

No, no, no, no, noooooooooooo!. :noway:
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,114

Post#3715 » by blueNorange » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:21 am

it’s sucks nimmo will never be as good as clint frazier LOL
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#3716 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:51 am

Just toss Bruce on the 60 day DL to heal that plantar fasciitis, Bautista at least looks better in the batters box lol

David Wright will play a game before Bruce hits another home run
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3717 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:01 am

I told y’all we’d be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3718 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:30 am

Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,114

Post#3719 » by blueNorange » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:29 pm

not for nothing but if nimmo had 600+ ab's he'd be on pace for an 8 war season.

only mvp's and hall of famers put up that production.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3720 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:53 pm

blueNorange wrote:not for nothing but if nimmo had 600+ ab's he'd be on pace for an 8 war season.

only mvp's and hall of famers put up that production.

It was great to watch him put on that show last night in front of his family and friends. But I don't know why Calloway doesn't play him in CF and Conforto in LF.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks