ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3721 » by reub » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:00 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:not for nothing but if nimmo had 600+ ab's he'd be on pace for an 8 war season.

only mvp's and hall of famers put up that production.

It was great to watch him put on that show last night in front of his family and friends. But I don't know why Calloway doesn't play him in CF and Conforto in LF.

Bring up Kelenic. Do it now!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#3722 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:47 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:not for nothing but if nimmo had 600+ ab's he'd be on pace for an 8 war season.

only mvp's and hall of famers put up that production.

It was great to watch him put on that show last night in front of his family and friends. But I don't know why Calloway doesn't play him in CF and Conforto in LF.

Serious or sarc? I can't tell if maybe you and bNo have a side bet on who gets up first, Alonso or Kelenic? :lol:
Free Palestine
KennySkyWalker
Senior
And1: 200

Post#3723 » by KennySkyWalker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:57 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Serious or sarc? I can't tell if maybe you and bNo have a side bet on who gets up first, Alonso or Kelenic? :lol:

Jonathan India crushing the ball in the college world series. I wonder who Sandy would have picked if he fell one spot to us. India is practically ready now for the majors while Kelenic it will take a minimum 3 years, although top high schoolers seem to be on the fast track now too. If we took India he most likely would have been the starting third baseman at some point next season. Interesting what happens to the future of organizations depending on where you draft.

As for Conforto in CF, it is most likely because that is where he is most comfortable playing. I was a very good ballplayer back in the day and played every position on the field until my shoulder gave out, and the position I hated the most was left field. I never could get a good read regarding distance on fly balls coming off a right-handed hitter.
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#3724 » by KennySkyWalker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:31 am

Funny how I brought up playing the outfield and being comfortable with a position and then Nimmo can't find that fly ball. Conforto was able to see it perfectly from center since you saw him running over there, but many people don't realize how hard those corner outfield positions are. It can be very easy to not pick up a fly ball right away because you kind of get screened by the batter. The ball blends into the white uniform. Nimmo probably didn't see the ball coming off the righties bat from right field and then as the ball traveled upwards it only made things worse. I assume he also looked into the lights when he couldn't locate the ball which didn't help.

That shot of Dominic Smith yawning in left field does not give me confidence. :nonono:

Fun game tonight! (so far) :lol:
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#3725 » by KennySkyWalker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:38 am

On cue, Dominic Smith looks like **** in left field. He has never played left field in the majors! Now they are saying he's using a glove that is not broken in. Who the hell is managing this team????? Keith is laughing at this. I guarantee you Smith will misjudge many balls in left and you will probably see one bounce out of his mitt. Callaway is clueless.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#3726 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:55 am

Back to Back to Back... well that's impressive Vargas.
Well at least we have Nimmo for the time being.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3727 » by reub » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:11 am

KennySkyWalker wrote:On cue, Dominic Smith looks like **** in left field. He has never played left field in the majors! Now they are saying he's using a glove that is not broken in. Who the hell is managing this team????? Keith is laughing at this. I guarantee you Smith will misjudge many balls in left and you will probably see one bounce out of his mitt. Callaway is clueless.

Well at least he hasn't transfered the ball between his legs tonight. But it's still early.

But seriously, Conforto's swing looks much better recently, Nimmo is so much fun to watch. Flores can hit against lefties and righties and I'm glad that he's back. But Vargas....makes me wish that Thor was healthy and we move him to lefthanded relief, even at his exorbitant salary.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,479

Post#3728 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:11 am

THis bum really here for 2 more seasons lol, this gonna be sandy worse signing ever. Dead ass rather watch Harvey get shelled than see this damn bum

Rather watch flexen get shelled over this damn bum, any body can come get shelled over him. Call up Oswalt

Needs to be released ASAP
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3729 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:50 am

KennySkyWalker wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:Bring up Kelenic. Do it now!

Jonathan India crushing the ball in the college world series. I wonder who Sandy would have picked if he fell one spot to us. India is practically ready now for the majors while Kelenic it will take a minimum 3 years, although top high schoolers seem to be on the fast track now too. If we took India he most likely would have been the starting third baseman at some point next season. Interesting what happens to the future of organizations depending on where you draft.

As for Conforto in CF, it is most likely because that is where he is most comfortable playing. I was a very good ballplayer back in the day and played every position on the field until my shoulder gave out, and the position I hated the most was left field. I never could get a good read regarding distance on fly balls coming off a right-handed hitter.

Mets don't know how to tank either. :noway:

Do you know by how many games we missed the 3 spot?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3730 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:53 am

Glad I missed this one.
Free Palestine
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#3731 » by KennySkyWalker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:37 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Glad I missed this one.

This game was one of those teases where you think they are about to come back then we strike out or hit weak tappers back to the mound with the bases loaded. Or you run yourself out of an inning (Assdribble) who thought Frazier had 3 strikes.

You should be glad you missed this one. In fact, light up a fine cigar and enjoy the rest of your night. However, you did miss Keith's sparkling new members only jacket that he put on once the temps plummeted into the 50's. :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3732 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:42 am

KennySkyWalker wrote:

This game was one of those teases where you think they are about to come back then we strike out or hit weak tappers back to the mound with the bases loaded. Or you run yourself out of an inning (Assdribble) who thought Frazier had 3 strikes.

You should be glad you missed this one. In fact, light up a fine cigar and enjoy the rest of your night. However, you did miss Keith's sparkling new members only jacket that he put on once the temps plummeted into the 50's. :lol:

I actually caught the first couple innings and then got sidetracked. I think it was still 2-2. Gary had a feeling it was going to be "one of those games at Coor's Field." We really need Cespedes back if we're going to make a run at this. I know, "Duh!"

I can't believe Cab did that!!!! Somebody (Rosario?) made a horrible mental mistake recently (see reub's post above). And now that I think of it, Cab made a horrible out at 3B not too long ago. He's been a multiple offender, Azzdrizzle.

And when are we going to see the end of Hansel Robles's Mets career?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3733 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:34 am

AJ Ramos to undergo shoulder surgery. There goes his career as a Met.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/new-york-mets
Free Palestine
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#3734 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:00 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:THis bum really here for 2 more seasons lol, this gonna be sandy worse signing ever. Dead ass rather watch Harvey get shelled than see this damn bum

Rather watch flexen get shelled over this damn bum, any body can come get shelled over him. Call up Oswalt

Needs to be released ASAP

One more season....just sayin.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3735 » by reub » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:21 pm

KennySkyWalker wrote:

And the two guys sitting in the front row behind home plate with the ten gallon cowboy hats! They were more entertaining than the game.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3736 » by reub » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:22 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:

I actually caught the first couple innings and then got sidetracked. I think it was still 2-2. Gary had a feeling it was going to be "one of those games at Coor's Field." We really need Cespedes back if we're going to make a run at this. I know, "Duh!"

I can't believe Cab did that!!!! Somebody (Rosario?) made a horrible mental mistake recently (see reub's post above). And now that I think of it, Cab made a horrible out at 3B not too long ago. He's been a multiple offender, Azzdrizzle.

What exactly does Dom Smith do exactly?
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#3737 » by KennySkyWalker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:39 pm

reub wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:

And the two guys sitting in the front row behind home plate with the ten gallon cowboy hats! They were more entertaining than the game.

:lol:

The one hat on the left I thought was a bit fruity with the purple Rockies whatever he had attached to it. Sort of doesn't mesh with the tough cowboy image. The guy on the right at least had the serious cowboy look on his face. The women they were sitting next to looked like they belonged in a barn. :D

I have to say though, Coors Field is a beautiful ballpark.
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#3738 » by KennySkyWalker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:46 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:

What exactly does Dom Smith do exactly?

That is a very good question. I think I found the answer.

reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3739 » by reub » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:13 pm

KennySkyWalker wrote:
reub wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:

The one hat on the left I thought was a bit fruity with the purple Rockies whatever he had attached to it. Sort of doesn't mesh with the tough cowboy image. The guy on the right at least had the serious cowboy look on his face. The women they were sitting next to looked like they belonged in a barn. :D

Lol I never even noticed the women because of those hats. And I'm not that way.

KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#3740 » by KennySkyWalker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:23 pm

reub wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:
reub wrote:And the two guys sitting in the front row behind home plate with the ten gallon cowboy hats! They were more entertaining than the game.

Lol I never even noticed the women because of those hats. And I'm not that way.

Actually, I don't think the women sat there until later in the game most likely due to the rain and chilly weather because I did not notice them when Keith and Gary were talking about the cowboys. I'm assuming those seats have access to the fancy clubs that are warm and dry with lots of amazing food to chow down on. Not there's anything wrong with that, but the two women did look like food was more important than the game. Heck, watching the Mets can make anyone want to do anything other than watching the Mets. Eating good food in a fancy club sounds like fun. Still, I would have sat in those seats the entire game just like the men did.

Amazing stat that Gary brought up yesterday about the ineptitude of the Rockies at home this season. It was only the second time all year that the Rockies scored 6 or more runs in an inning. The Rockies! At Coors Field! How is that even possible in that ballpark?!?!?

Return to New York Knicks