ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, Thugger HBC, Capn'O, mrpoetryNmotion, j4remi, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, K-DOT

reub
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,898
And1: 2,211
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3881 » by reub » Mon Jul 2, 2018 2:58 am

Is there any way that we can stretch Yoenis the Malingerer?
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 52,187
And1: 20,810
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3882 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:27 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:No. Are they in the Yankee thread?
Who would you want from the Yankees for deGrom? Lasagna instead of Sheffield?


Yes.

I really don't know for sure. I'd obviously love Torres but I wouldn't trade him if I was Cashman. I think he can be the next great Yankee, ala Jeter. I'd need Andujar to be in it for sure. And then probably Florial, who I've heard great things about, and Sheffield. But I'm not really all that familiar with the Yanks farm system.


I just saw it. Hilarious!
Hey, why are you ignoring me in the Hezonja thread? Are you ashamed of being seen with me in public? :lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol: No, I'm good on Mario. He really does have some nice passing skills.
Image
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 30,580
And1: 12,019
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Yaris Sanchez fan account
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3883 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:24 pm

As an objective, die-hard Yankees fan that understands analytics and prospects, I keep my offer of:

Frazier - Batting .308/.368/.905 in AAA -- would be a top 10 prospect in baseball if he counted as one.
Andujar - Batting .286/Leading rookies in XBH and on base for 50 doubles.
Sheffield - ERA under 3 in AAA, regarded as a top 25 prospect in baseball LHP
Chance Adams - elite arm talent, has potential to be a top end reliever

for DeGrom

Or:

Florial + Chance Adams + Loisaga for Matz
BAF - Brooklyn Nets - Eastern Conference Finals
PG | Ben Simmons | Trey Burke
SG | Victor Oladipo | Gerald Green
SF | Caris LeVert | Temple
PF | Trey Lyles | DJJ | Wagner
C | Joel Embiid | Boban | Leonard
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 59,449
And1: 30,689
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3884 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 5:03 pm

Mecca wrote:As an objective, die-hard Yankees fan that understands analytics and prospects, I keep my offer of:

Frazier - Batting .308/.368/.905 in AAA -- would be a top 10 prospect in baseball if he counted as one.
Andujar - Batting .286/Leading rookies in XBH and on base for 50 doubles.
Sheffield - ERA under 3 in AAA, regarded as a top 25 prospect in baseball LHP
Chance Adams - elite arm talent, has potential to be a top end reliever

for DeGrom

Or:

Florial + Chance Adams + Loisaga for Matz


you flop frazier with florial and take on todd frazier contract we would have a deal for degrom from my perspective.
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/JaVale McGee/Zaza
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Ryan Anderson/Lance Thomas
SF - Tomas Satoransky/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
SG - E'twaun Moore/Jordan Clarkson/Antonio Blackley
PG - CP3/Tony Carr/Tim Frazier
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 30,580
And1: 12,019
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Yaris Sanchez fan account
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3885 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 2, 2018 5:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:As an objective, die-hard Yankees fan that understands analytics and prospects, I keep my offer of:

Frazier - Batting .308/.368/.905 in AAA -- would be a top 10 prospect in baseball if he counted as one.
Andujar - Batting .286/Leading rookies in XBH and on base for 50 doubles.
Sheffield - ERA under 3 in AAA, regarded as a top 25 prospect in baseball LHP
Chance Adams - elite arm talent, has potential to be a top end reliever

for DeGrom

Or:

Florial + Chance Adams + Loisaga for Matz


you flop frazier with florial and take on todd frazier contract we would have a deal for degrom from my perspective.


Deal. Now we just need both teams to listen to us. :lol:
BAF - Brooklyn Nets - Eastern Conference Finals
PG | Ben Simmons | Trey Burke
SG | Victor Oladipo | Gerald Green
SF | Caris LeVert | Temple
PF | Trey Lyles | DJJ | Wagner
C | Joel Embiid | Boban | Leonard
reub
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,898
And1: 2,211
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3886 » by reub » Mon Jul 2, 2018 9:23 pm

Peter Alonso is hitting .190 in his last ten games for AAA Las Vegas.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 52,187
And1: 20,810
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3887 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 3, 2018 5:09 am

reub wrote:Peter Alonso is hitting .190 in his last ten games for AAA Las Vegas.


Image
Image
reub
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,898
And1: 2,211
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3888 » by reub » Tue Jul 3, 2018 11:20 pm

Our crosstown rivals lost a game in the standings to the Red Sox yesterday. How much longer before they come begging for deGrom?
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 52,187
And1: 20,810
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3889 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:29 am

:banghead: We're up 6-1 going into the bottom of the 7th and lose the game 8-6!

At this point, I'd like to see certain players play to further their development but, otherwise, let the losses pile up. I'm in for the tank. And fire Calloway.
Image
reub
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,898
And1: 2,211
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3890 » by reub » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:53 am

HarthorneWingo wrote::banghead: We're up 6-1 going into the bottom of the 7th and lose the game 8-6!

At this point, I'd like to see certain players play to further their development but, otherwise, let the losses pile up. I'm in for the tank. And fire Calloway.

We're saddled with so many bad contracts too. Swarzak, Vargas, Frazier, Cespedes, Bruce. It'll take us 2 more years to rid ourselves of these because no one will take these on. No one.
reub
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,898
And1: 2,211
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3891 » by reub » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:54 am

The Met starters have been pitching very well and not getting hardly any wins. It has to take a psychological toll on them.
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,196
And1: 1,051
Joined: May 31, 2004

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3892 » by Bklyn&company » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:55 am

My Mets are cursed....
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 52,187
And1: 20,810
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3893 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 4, 2018 3:25 am

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote::banghead: We're up 6-1 going into the bottom of the 7th and lose the game 8-6!

At this point, I'd like to see certain players play to further their development but, otherwise, let the losses pile up. I'm in for the tank. And fire Calloway.

We're saddled with so many bad contracts too. Swarzak, Vargas, Frazier, Cespedes, Bruce. It'll take us 2 more years to rid ourselves of these because no one will take these on. No one.


Swarzak, I'll give him a Mulligan. Relievers can be up and down and he's coming off a bad oblique or whatever the fck it was.

Frazier and Cabs can be great veteran additions to a playoff team. Cab will have about $4M left on his contract and Toddfather has about $13M left on his 2-year deal. Those aren't hefty contract numbers for a team trying to get into the WS. Vargas, Yo, and Bruce all have injuries to one extent or "another," if you know what I mean. :wink:

We need an influx of good young athletic talent. That probably means trading one or two of our pitchers. Also, I would be averse to including Amed Rosario in the right deal. I'm really down on him. Even his defense hasn't been so great.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 52,187
And1: 20,810
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3894 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 4, 2018 3:50 am

On the plus side,

-Cabrera went 2-4 with a 2-run HR (15)
-Meseraco hit a 2-run HR (bye Plaw and TDA)
-Dom Smith had a 2-4 night with 2 doubles
-Wilmer "The Untradeable" Flores iht another HR and has a 17 game hitting streak since coming off the DL
-Wheeler pitched another fine game.
Image
reub
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,898
And1: 2,211
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3895 » by reub » Thu Jul 5, 2018 2:50 pm

When should we unsticky this sticky?
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 43,759
And1: 8,325
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3896 » by blueNorange » Thu Jul 5, 2018 7:26 pm

guess yankees won't be getting degrom for a crap package.

As the Mets explore potential trades, their focus has turned away from Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard, and much more on moving Steven Matz and Zack Wheeler.

No moves are imminent, according to people involved in the process. But when other teams call, they are hearing that deGrom and even Syndergaard are not really available.

A few weeks ago, Mets people expressed an openness to trading deGrom and/or Syndergaard as a way to facilitate a quick rebuild. The vibe has since shifted considerably, and the team expects to hold onto both at least until the end of the season.

In the case of deGrom, I sense an understandable reluctance to part with a player of that caliber. As for Syndergaard, he hasn't pitched enough to bring back full value. Expect him to be the subject of many rumors this winter.

Wheeler and Matz are pitching well, though other teams are naturally wary of their histories of injury and inconsistency. Their value remains to be seen.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 52,187
And1: 20,810
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3897 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 5, 2018 8:18 pm

blueNorange wrote:guess yankees won't be getting degrom for a crap package.

As the Mets explore potential trades, their focus has turned away from Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard, and much more on moving Steven Matz and Zack Wheeler.

No moves are imminent, according to people involved in the process. But when other teams call, they are hearing that deGrom and even Syndergaard are not really available.

A few weeks ago, Mets people expressed an openness to trading deGrom and/or Syndergaard as a way to facilitate a quick rebuild. The vibe has since shifted considerably, and the team expects to hold onto both at least until the end of the season.

In the case of deGrom, I sense an understandable reluctance to part with a player of that caliber. As for Syndergaard, he hasn't pitched enough to bring back full value. Expect him to be the subject of many rumors this winter.

Wheeler and Matz are pitching well, though other teams are naturally wary of their histories of injury and inconsistency. Their value remains to be seen.


Wheeler and Matz are just starting to pitch well. I've come full circle and now think we should keep our pitching and make moves - dare I say "spend money"? - and acquire some position players.

We can start with trading Cabrera and maybe Familia.
Image
reub
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,898
And1: 2,211
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3898 » by reub » Thu Jul 5, 2018 8:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:guess yankees won't be getting degrom for a crap package.

As the Mets explore potential trades, their focus has turned away from Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard, and much more on moving Steven Matz and Zack Wheeler.

No moves are imminent, according to people involved in the process. But when other teams call, they are hearing that deGrom and even Syndergaard are not really available.

A few weeks ago, Mets people expressed an openness to trading deGrom and/or Syndergaard as a way to facilitate a quick rebuild. The vibe has since shifted considerably, and the team expects to hold onto both at least until the end of the season.

In the case of deGrom, I sense an understandable reluctance to part with a player of that caliber. As for Syndergaard, he hasn't pitched enough to bring back full value. Expect him to be the subject of many rumors this winter.

Wheeler and Matz are pitching well, though other teams are naturally wary of their histories of injury and inconsistency. Their value remains to be seen.


Wheeler and Matz are just starting to pitch well. I've come full circle and now think we should keep our pitching and make moves - dare I say "spend money"? - and acquire some position players.

We can start with trading Cabrera and maybe Familia.


Stay the course. We have Peter Alonso to save us next year and Kelenic too. Plus Rosario will be a .330 hitter by then. We're good. Green font.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 43,759
And1: 8,325
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3899 » by blueNorange » Thu Jul 5, 2018 9:48 pm

kelenic is 17 for 36(.472 ba) to start his career, i remember reading that the plan was for him to stay in gcl for a couple weeks then being promoted to kingsport.

between kelenic, mauricio, vientos, and newton mets have 4 teens who should go through the system together.

which means following the minors would be fun, the team will be stacked with interesting bats.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
KennySkyWalker
Senior
Posts: 558
And1: 200
Joined: Oct 08, 2017

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3900 » by KennySkyWalker » Fri Jul 6, 2018 1:13 am

blueNorange wrote:kelenic is 17 for 36(.472 ba) to start his career, i remember reading that the plan was for him to stay in gcl for a couple weeks then being promoted to kingsport.

between kelenic, mauricio, vientos, and newton mets have 4 teens who should go through the system together.

which means following the minors would be fun, the team will be stacked with interesting bats.



I'm following Kelenic closely but really paying attention to the high school and college players available next June. I want us to tank hard for Oregon State catcher Adley Rutschmann who is ready now. The man is a beast with a cannon for an arm, great defensive skills, and hits rockets all over the field. The Orioles will end up drafting him one pick ahead of us.

As for our system being stacked, we aren't right now. Other teams have a lot more than us which is why we need to tank big time for the rest of this season.

Return to New York Knicks