ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,712

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#5481 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 5, 2018 1:46 am

reub wrote:It's kind of nice to have a high stakes, somewhat crazy kind of a general manager, isn't it?

We're stealing the spotlight off of the Yankees, which I love also.

True. At least this is fun.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#5482 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 5, 2018 1:50 am

A little wrinkle in a possible Realmuto trade. Nimmo appears to be included in such a deal along with Rosario. So we'd have to go out and get another OF who we can use as a solid 4th OF after Cespedes comes back.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/new-york-mets

Newsday’s Tim Healey tweets that the belief is that the Mets would have to include at least one young Major Leaguer in order to pry Realmuto loose from Miami, and Rosenthal suggests the same. (The Mets subtracted a pair of high-end prospects from its system when trading outfielder Jarred Kelenic and right-hander Justin Dunn to Seattle in the Cano/Diaz swap.) Martino speculated that Amed Rosario’s name could come into play, and Rosenthal adds both Brandon Nimmo and Michael Conforto as the type of talents that could pique Miami’s interest. Of course, that doesn’t mean that the Mets would have any actual interest in dealing from that promising young trio. More specifically Fancred’s Jon Heyman tweets that Rosario and Nimmo would be Miami’s top two targets in talks.
Free Palestine
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#5483 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:24 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jose7 wrote:rumor from Rosenthal...mets and marlins are talking JT.

Would it be more prudent to keep Rosario and just sign Grandal? But if we do trade Rosario, then that opens up a hole a SS where Machodo can be signed to play since that is the position he prefers. :D

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-are-still-in-on-potential-trade-for-marlins-c-jt-realmuto/301452574

Realmuto
Alfonso
Cano
Machado
McNeil
Conforto
JJ Pollack
Nimmo

deGrom
Thor
Wheeler
Matz
Vargas

Of course my thoughts also went to we can trade Rosario for Realmuto and sign Manny Machado as well but there's also rumors that we're talking to Arizona about AJ Pollock so while i love the Machado idea but since that's most likely not happening what if we do the Rosario for Realmuto trade and sign Pollock for CF and then go with a good veteran that still plays great defense at SS for a year or two until Gimenez is ready in Jose Iglesias?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,688

Post#5484 » by mpharris36 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:26 am

Read on Twitter

if nimmo is part of this I only agree to it if Harper is the follow up move and you have making room in RF
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#5485 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:30 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:As difficult as it may be right now, probably best to hold on to your seats and see where we're at after the winter trade meetings. We have no idea what direction this will take yet.

For now I think we as a fan base should go for "yay, new energy" to "this looks terrible, you better prove us wrong"

If Cano was a FA today, would he be getting paid years 100M?

Bruce and Swarzak set off Cano's contract (Swarzak is a FA after 2019) this coming season. Then the Mariners chipped in with $20M, I believe. So we're not paying Cano $20M/5 years. It's more like $14M/year.

5 years/120 million minus 20 = 5 years/100m or 20m/year. The "offset Bruce/Swarz" is not relevant for me because both of those guys are part of an adequate roster. Not jerome james contracts, maybe jared jeffries contract.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#5486 » by mpharris36 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:30 am

Rosario
McNeil
Cano
Harper
Realmuto
Conforto
Alonso
Lagares

pretty nice

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#5487 » by mpharris36 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:37 am

Read on Twitter

Here's the thing...if they don't consider Nimmo or Conforto a CF (which they aren't). With Cespedes coming back at some point you need a CF.

BVW has made it a point to improve up the middle defense becauese the mets were what the 2nd worst defensive run saved team in the majors?

Adding Realmuto and Pollock would improve the up the middle defense. But I would be super weary about Pollocks injury history...

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#5488 » by mpharris36 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:40 am

Read on Twitter

ROSTER

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#5489 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Dec 5, 2018 2:55 am

Some of these rumors are going to be the death of me. I'd feel so much more comfortable even I knew the Mets would legitimately go after some of the bigger names in free agency. I like Pollock a whole lot, when he's healthy and that's never. Plus he's asking for Cain money... we should've just went after Cain last year.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,073

Post#5490 » by Jeffrey » Wed Dec 5, 2018 4:07 am

Is Pollock really a defensive wizard with some bat? For 15 million dollars?! Man, thats Granderson territory.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#5491 » by reub » Wed Dec 5, 2018 4:12 am

Just sign Ramos, Pollock and Miller.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#5492 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 5, 2018 4:14 am

reub wrote:Just sign Ramos, Pollock and Miller.

Brody says we’re in in Pollack

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809263-aj-pollock-among-mets-free-agent-targets-gm-says

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Free Palestine
RShahNyC89
Junior
And1: 404

Post#5493 » by RShahNyC89 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 4:31 am

blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jose7 wrote:rumor from Rosenthal...mets and marlins are talking JT.

Would it be more prudent to keep Rosario and just sign Grandal? But if we do trade Rosario, then that opens up a hole a SS where Machodo can be signed to play since that is the position he prefers. :D

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-are-still-in-on-potential-trade-for-marlins-c-jt-realmuto/301452574

Realmuto
Alfonso
Cano
Machado
McNeil
Conforto
JJ Pollack
Nimmo

deGrom
Thor
Wheeler
Matz
Vargas

trade rosario, sign machado

or

trade nimmo, sign harper

**** it, all-in.

As others have echoed, I'm digging being the team on the back pages for a change (for positive/aggression).

I'm hoping for a Rosario included for Realmuto and sign a Machado move here. I think it works better than a Nimmo -> Pollack or Bryce even..

But I wouldn't be mad at either of the following lineup. If we're going to mortgage the future, then we might as well go all the way for it. We will only have these stud pitchers under control for another 2-3 years anyways.

Mcneil 3B
Cano 2B
Realmuto C
Machado SS
Conforto OF
Nimmo OF
Alonso 1B
Lagares OF

OR

Mcneil 3B
Cano 2B
Realmuto C
Bryce/Pollack OF
Conforto OF
Nimmo OF
Alonso 1B
Rosario SS
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#5494 » by reub » Wed Dec 5, 2018 4:34 am

RShahNyC89 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Realmuto
Alfonso
Cano
Machado
McNeil
Conforto
JJ Pollack
Nimmo

deGrom
Thor
Wheeler
Matz
Vargas

or

trade nimmo, sign harper

**** it, all-in.

As others have echoed, I'm digging being the team on the back pages for a change.

You just know that George Steinbrenner is turning over in his grave right now. Not so much for Hal.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#5495 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 5, 2018 5:05 am

RShahNyC89 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Realmuto
Alfonso
Cano
Machado
McNeil
Conforto
JJ Pollack
Nimmo

deGrom
Thor
Wheeler
Matz
Vargas

or

trade nimmo, sign harper

**** it, all-in.

As others have echoed, I'm digging being the team on the back pages for a change (for positive/aggression).

I'm hoping for a Rosario included for Realmuto and sign a Machado move here. I think it works better than a Nimmo -> Pollack or Bryce even..

But I wouldn't be mad at either of the following lineup. If we're going to mortgage the future, then we might as well go all the way for it. We will only have these stud pitchers under control for another 2-3 years anyways.

Mcneil 3B
Cano 2B
Realmuto C
Machado SS
Conforto OF
Nimmo OF
Alonso 1B
Lagares OF Pollack :D

OR

Mcneil 3B
Cano 2B
Realmuto C
Bryce/Pollack OF
Conforto OF
Nimmo OF
Alonso 1B
Rosario SS

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#5496 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 5, 2018 5:06 pm

Mets still motivated on Realmuto. Metsblog update today:

Andy Martino, SNY.tv | Twitter |

With the Mets enthusiastically pursuing a trade for Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto, the shape of their current plan is becoming more clear.

According to major league sources, the team is more likely to offer Brandon Nimmo or Michael Conforto plus prospects than Amed Rosario. Because the Mets are still not expecting to pursue Manny Machado, it would be easier to acquire Realmuto for an outfielder, then sign A.J. Pollock. Bryce Harper remains an unlikely target.

This represents the team's thinking at this moment, but as talks are ongoing, details are subject to change. It remains to be seen if the Mets will actually have the stomach for moving Conforto. And Rosario is hardly untouchable.

The main takeaway is that the Mets are very motivated to find a trade that works for Realmuto.
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#5497 » by reub » Wed Dec 5, 2018 5:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Mets still motivated on Realmuto. Metsblog update today:

With the Mets enthusiastically pursuing a trade for Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto, the shape of their current plan is becoming more clear.

According to major league sources, the team is more likely to offer Brandon Nimmo or Michael Conforto plus prospects than Amed Rosario. Because the Mets are still not expecting to pursue Manny Machado, it would be easier to acquire Realmuto for an outfielder, then sign A.J. Pollock. Bryce Harper remains an unlikely target.

This represents the team's thinking at this moment, but as talks are ongoing, details are subject to change. It remains to be seen if the Mets will actually have the stomach for moving Conforto. And Rosario is hardly untouchable.

The main takeaway is that the Mets are very motivated to find a trade that works for Realmuto.

Trading Conforto for Realmuto would be a mistake.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#5498 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Dec 5, 2018 6:33 pm

reub wrote:

I love Conforto and have always been a fan but that guy gets in major slumps that last much longer then your typical slumps that good players go into. His slumps last from multiple weeks to over a month and i think last years he might have hit months in his slump. He has yet to have a good consistent year with the Mets. I probably still wouldn't trade him but i also love Realmuto and would love to have what is probably the best catcher in the game or at the very least top 3. Tough tough decision. I don't wanna trade any one of Conforto, Nimmo , Rosario but would give serious thought to each to get a guy at a position like catcher that's tough to find. I might just rather sign Grandal.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#5499 » by whocares1 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 7:05 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
reub wrote:

I love Conforto and have always been a fan but that guy gets in major slumps that last much longer then your typical slumps that good players go into. His slumps last from multiple weeks to over a month and i think last years he might have hit months in his slump. He has yet to have a good consistent year with the Mets. I probably still wouldn't trade him but i also love Realmuto and would love to have what is probably the best catcher in the game or at the very least top 3. Tough tough decision. I don't wanna trade any one of Conforto, Nimmo , Rosario but would give serious thought to each to get a guy at a position like catcher that's tough to find. I might just rather sign Grandal.

No way you give up Conforto. Last season’s struggles were directly because of his shoulder injury and not having a full off season to train and get better. He still ended up with almost 30 bombs. He should not be going in a deal for freaking Realmuto.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#5500 » by whocares1 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 7:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks