ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#5961 » by Mecca » Tue Jan 8, 2019 7:34 pm

Broxton is elite defensively. Y’all are buggin. He also gives a speed/power combo. Not an every day player but someone that can get hot for a month or so if need be.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#5962 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Jan 8, 2019 7:40 pm

Mecca wrote:Broxton is elite defensively. Y’all are buggin. He also gives a speed/power combo. Not an every day player but someone that can get hot for a month or so if need be.

Who ever said he wasn't good defensively? I said how i'm fine with him and Lagares manning CF because i think we have enough offense to get away with having great defense in CF.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,641

Post#5963 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 8, 2019 7:52 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Mecca wrote:Broxton is elite defensively. Y’all are buggin. He also gives a speed/power combo. Not an every day player but someone that can get hot for a month or so if need be.

Who ever said he wasn't good defensively? I said how i'm fine with him and Lagares manning CF because i think we have enough offense to get away with having great defense in CF.

bNo is saying it.

My point is that his signing doesn't fully address our issue in the OF. Broxton is a bench piece.
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#5964 » by blueNorange » Tue Jan 8, 2019 7:53 pm

no dude but bklyncompany wants you to look at his errors and outfield assists. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the mets should sign alberto maldanado as the backup catcher and just go all defense up the middle with ramos/maldando/rosario/cano/lagares/broxton
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#5965 » by blueNorange » Tue Jan 8, 2019 7:54 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

bNo is saying it.

My point is that his signing doesn't fully address our issue in the OF. Broxton is a bench piece.

wth, i'm not saying broxton isn't good defensively.

bklyn&company said it.

do not gaslight me.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#5966 » by blueNorange » Tue Jan 8, 2019 7:56 pm

Bklyn&company wrote:Also by the facts he his not a defensive outfielder.... 2016 he had 4 Errors 0 assist and a .973 field %

also by the facts.

y'all need avatars to avid confusion.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#5967 » by Mecca » Tue Jan 8, 2019 10:12 pm

blueNorange wrote:

no dude but bklyncompany wants you to look at his errors and outfield assists. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the mets should sign alberto maldanado as the backup catcher and just go all defense up the middle with ramos/maldando/rosario/cano/lagares/broxton

Maldanado is too good to accept a clear backup job. A better option would be one more reliever that allows Lugo to be an emergency starter. TDA is an average backup catcher. Plus he just got tendered.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#5968 » by Bklyn&company » Tue Jan 8, 2019 11:09 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Bklyn&company wrote:Facts... Keon Broxton... 2017 his only full season in Mil
139 games 1028 inns 5 asst 7 ERRORS(LOL) .971 field %
175 SO (God Damn! SMH) to 91 hits in 463 AB
1.6 WAR (LOL)

You all sure love some non hitting players...
Fooled by aerobics, antics and free swingers... then again he will fit right in with the non scoring Mets... LOL
Also by the facts he his not a defensive outfielder.... 2016 he had 4 Errors 0 assist and a .973 field %

Trying figure out why I am a Met fan since 1982

i'm trying to figure out why it's 2019 and you're using errors to judge someone defensively. :rofl:

he has a career UZR of +7.5 in the outfield, in 2018 he had a +8.8 which was his career best and also very good.

for his career he has +15 defensive runs saved, +11 of those came last year. i know you don't know what DRS is but trust me, it's a very good stats. it shows how many runs an outfielder prevented. he was tied 5th in the NL in DRS, so i don't know where this "also by the facts he is not a defensive outfielder" :rofl: :rofl:

so please keep citing errors as if that judges a player, keon broxton wasn't traded for his bat -- he was traded because YES he's an excellent defensive outfielder.

You funny... Mil gave him away for 3 minor minor leaguers
I dont care how many runs he prevented, or UZR in limited games and innings (yes limited 43 games only 18 starts in only 194 innings)... in 2018, you ain't slick give the whole picture.. dude is a 5th outfielder, defensive replacement...pinch runner.. nothing more.

In 2017 he had 7 errors, giving runs and bases back.... a few highlight plays at the fence doesn't mean chit if he can't make basic plays... stop getting lost in the sauce.

Milwaukee gave him away, because they did not want him ... Period.

5th outfielder, defensive replacement, pinch hitter.... added to more if's

Not going to go back and forth about a 5th OF..
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach

Post#5969 » by Bklyn&company » Tue Jan 8, 2019 11:12 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
The hitting instructors worked with Juan on - yes - improving his launch angle. :lol: As I recall, that .339 average didn't include much launching.

Yes i remember that was what the media was saying but they obviously worked on other things with his swing as well. Even if it was just launch angle it helped him put the bat on the ball so i'll take a J.McNeil over HR's or nothing type players especially with this team that Brodie is putting together.

If Juan is going to consistently hit .280 to .300 and stays healthy, then our CF issues are over.

Yea I agree.. but that's a big IF
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach

Post#5970 » by Bklyn&company » Tue Jan 8, 2019 11:46 pm

So Lagares finally hits for some type of avg. In a very limited amount of at bats... and now he can hit.... Geeessshhh

After hearing for years Lagares can't hit...You all sure lowered your standards... never thought I hear Mets fan championing for guys like Broxton and Lagares as good outfielders.... SMH

You all surely have alot of hope for mediocre potential year in and year out.

Championship teams like the Yanks never make moves like this... Mets never learn
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#5971 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jan 9, 2019 1:26 am

Bklyn&company wrote:So Lagares finally hits for some type of avg. In a very limited amount of at bats... and now he can hit.... Geeessshhh

After hearing for years Lagares can't hit...You all sure lowered your standards... never thought I hear Mets fan championing for guys like Broxton and Lagares as good outfielders.... SMH

Championship teams like the Yanks never make moves like this... Mets never learn

Yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#5972 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 9, 2019 6:36 am

Looks like we’re out of money.

Brodie and the Wilponzis snookered us
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#5973 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 9, 2019 6:36 am

Looks like we’re out of money.

Brodie and the Wilponzis snookered us
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#5974 » by blueNorange » Wed Jan 9, 2019 6:50 am

Bklyn&company wrote:I dont care how many runs he prevented,

then don't say he's a bad defensive outfielder when you're wrong.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach

Post#5975 » by Bklyn&company » Wed Jan 9, 2019 10:51 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
Bklyn&company wrote:So Lagares finally hits for some type of avg. In a very limited amount of at bats... and now he can hit.... Geeessshhh

Yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LOL...Wait until September you definitely will be yawning
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach

Post#5976 » by Bklyn&company » Wed Jan 9, 2019 10:59 am

blueNorange wrote:
Bklyn&company wrote:I dont care how many runs he prevented,

then don't say he's a bad defensive outfielder when you're wrong.

In starting play(Full season)... he gives them back in errors... period.. his 2017 season clearly shows that.

Classic Mets move ... always trying to find diamonds in the rough but still collecting coal. There is a reason why Mil threw him away.... LOL.

Funny how you think Nick Markakis(who actually has Multiple Gold Gloves) is a scrub and Keon Broxton(who has No Gold Gloves) is a good player... bro you lost your credibility.

Classic Mets fan fooled by the highlight plays and Hr's... not consistent fundamental baseball skills...

Will coupon better spend that insurance money and get real talent in here... stop with the one trick ponies.
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach

Post#5977 » by Bklyn&company » Wed Jan 9, 2019 11:25 am

Will coupon better spend that insurance money and get real talent in here... stop with the one trick ponies.

We have Starting pitching(but could use someone to replace the trash of Vargas) and Now is the time to win.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,066

Post#5978 » by Jeffrey » Wed Jan 9, 2019 2:56 pm

LOL how much did we raise our payroll?!
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,933

Post#5979 » by Stannis » Wed Jan 9, 2019 4:07 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:

I honestly don't think a healthy Cano and Ramos can save that wonderful offense the Mets had last season.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Post#5980 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jan 9, 2019 4:53 pm

Jeffrey wrote:LOL how much did we raise our payroll?!

its pretty net neutral considering bruce and swarzak outgoing and wright retiring....wilpons are doing exactly what they want,. Make the team better without actually spending any $$$
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ

Return to New York Knicks