ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, King of Canada, Thorn, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi

User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,388
And1: 21,210
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Lawyering
Contact:
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#581 » by Knickstape1214 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:42 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:https://www.playbuzz.com/rixhil10/which-nba-point-guard-are-you?utm_source=pb-clutch&utm_medium=pb-clutch&utm_campaign=pb-clutch#tenth


what kind of PG are you?

whoof, Lowry

small
find someone open for three
assists
playmaker
nothing
31-40
knicks
east


After a year of bashing the guy, I'm embarrassed to say who I got. :lol:

Big
Attack rim
Assists
Playmaker
Smile (shame they don't have place ball on floor and backpedal as an option because I used to do that when I was pissed in intramurals...:lol:)
31-40
Knicks
East


D-rose?

After a nice move, I either did nothing, or go out of my sprint to my opponent and go nose-to-nose. I wanted to put lockdown defender instead of playmaker


Yep...Rose. :noway:

I did whatever I could to get under the opposition's skin - that's why I love Dray so much. I'd talk, clap, put the ball on the floor after scoring, set hard screens, etc. Thing is, as much as I wanted to be a PG, I never was - at 6'5, I was a 3, 4, 5 depending on what team I was playing for. I'll admit I let my emotions get the better of me sometimes...like the last intramural game I played in was during 1L of law school...got two techs and was ejected. :lol: First was for what they said was "taunting a player" and the second was for mocking a ref's call by saying "great call, great call." :lol: I was actually playing in a HS reunion game a few years back and one of the refs who'd been reffing my games since I was in like 3rd grade remembered me because of my attitude and we talked for a bit. :lol:
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 26,566
And1: 4,619
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#582 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:43 pm

I wouldn't go nose to nose with my opponent to start a fight or rub it in, I did it to let them know they were being picked up full court
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

$50. 10/4 PMs
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,388
And1: 21,210
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Lawyering
Contact:
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#583 » by Knickstape1214 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:43 pm

Anyone else going to NYCC? This is going to be the third year in a row I'm going with my dad. :D Very excited.
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 26,566
And1: 4,619
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#584 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:49 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
After a year of bashing the guy, I'm embarrassed to say who I got. :lol:

Big
Attack rim
Assists
Playmaker
Smile (shame they don't have place ball on floor and backpedal as an option because I used to do that when I was pissed in intramurals...:lol:)
31-40
Knicks
East


D-rose?

After a nice move, I either did nothing, or go out of my sprint to my opponent and go nose-to-nose. I wanted to put lockdown defender instead of playmaker


Yep...Rose. :noway:

I did whatever I could to get under the opposition's skin - that's why I love Dray so much. I'd talk, clap, put the ball on the floor after scoring, set hard screens, etc. Thing is, as much as I wanted to be a PG, I never was - at 6'5, I was a 3, 4, 5 depending on what team I was playing for. I'll admit I let my emotions get the better of me sometimes...like the last intramural game I played in was during 1L of law school...got two techs and was ejected. :lol: First was for what they said was "taunting a player" and the second was for mocking a ref's call by saying "great call, great call." :lol: I was actually playing in a HS reunion game a few years back and one of the refs who'd been reffing my games since I was in like 3rd grade remembered me because of my attitude and we talked for a bit. :lol:


Haha, yeah that's dray-ish. A 6'5 PG? Hot damn man. If you entered the NBA, you'd be my first pick. I'm 5'9, so I was more of a pit bull type - that's why I fought in college. I was more of the silent, passive-aggressive, stone cold, expressionless type. Only time I got kicked out of a HS game was when I jacked my brother up against the wall because he dropped a "f-ing Jesup Christ" at the ref - mother was in the stands, so I felt the need to take down my own brother :lol:.

But I think that's karma, you getting drose. With my recent weight gain, it makes sense I get Lowry :lol:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

$50. 10/4 PMs
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 26,566
And1: 4,619
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#585 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:50 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Anyone else going to NYCC? This is going to be the third year in a row I'm going with my dad. :D Very excited.


What is that
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

$50. 10/4 PMs
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,388
And1: 21,210
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Lawyering
Contact:
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#586 » by Knickstape1214 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:51 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Anyone else going to NYCC? This is going to be the third year in a row I'm going with my dad. :D Very excited.


What is that


www.newyorkcomiccon.com

New York Comic Con. :D
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 26,566
And1: 4,619
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#587 » by br7knicks » Fri Oct 6, 2017 12:49 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Anyone else going to NYCC? This is going to be the third year in a row I'm going with my dad. :D Very excited.


What is that


www.newyorkcomiccon.com

New York Comic Con. :D


I actually might be. My buddy writes for dread central and he usually goes to those.


I thought it stood for New York (city) Community College. I thought maybe you were having a nervous breakdown. Could've sworn you got your law degree from purdue :lol:

Glad I was wrong.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

$50. 10/4 PMs
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,388
And1: 21,210
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Lawyering
Contact:
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#588 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Oct 6, 2017 12:52 am

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
What is that


www.newyorkcomiccon.com

New York Comic Con. :D


I actually might be. My buddy writes for dread central and he usually goes to those.


I thought it stood for New York (city) Community College. I thought maybe you were having a nervous breakdown. Could've sworn you got your law degree from purdue :lol:

Glad I was wrong.


Dude, you should totally go if you can. It's a lot of fun. Awesome things to look around and look, fun atmosphere, good nerd things, etc. Love it there.

Where'd Purdue come from? :lol: Random haha.
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 26,566
And1: 4,619
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#589 » by br7knicks » Fri Oct 6, 2017 1:26 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
www.newyorkcomiccon.com

New York Comic Con. :D


I actually might be. My buddy writes for dread central and he usually goes to those.


I thought it stood for New York (city) Community College. I thought maybe you were having a nervous breakdown. Could've sworn you got your law degree from purdue :lol:

Glad I was wrong.


Dude, you should totally go if you can. It's a lot of fun. Awesome things to look around and look, fun atmosphere, good nerd things, etc. Love it there.

Where'd Purdue come from? :lol: Random haha.


I go to things I don't have interest in, just for the experience. I've heard those are a blast regardless of interest.

****, I get that wrong? I initially thought providence, but thought it was boilermakers.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

$50. 10/4 PMs
User avatar
Hemispheres
Veteran
Posts: 2,917
And1: 977
Joined: Dec 17, 2008
 

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#590 » by Hemispheres » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:46 am

Anyone watch Nathan for You. I just finished the Uber episode that leaked early. Goddamn it was legendary. Better than even Dumb Starbucks imo. The Chinese restaurant wedding :lol:.

The consistent quality of this show is unreal.
Tornelyus
Freshman
Posts: 74
And1: 30
Joined: Aug 19, 2017
   

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#591 » by Tornelyus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Greetings from the other side of Atlantic, currently from Kyiv (UTC 03:00). Knicks fan since 92.
Fan of melo isos. Still graving for melo trade.
I was lurking around, then i decide to post some. HarthorneWingo kindly redirected me here.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
Posts: 667
And1: 442
Joined: May 27, 2017
 

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#592 » by Kurt Rambis » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
After a year of bashing the guy, I'm embarrassed to say who I got. :lol:

Big
Attack rim
Assists
Playmaker
Smile (shame they don't have place ball on floor and backpedal as an option because I used to do that when I was pissed in intramurals...:lol:)
31-40
Knicks
East


D-rose?

After a nice move, I either did nothing, or go out of my sprint to my opponent and go nose-to-nose. I wanted to put lockdown defender instead of playmaker


Yep...Rose. :noway:

I did whatever I could to get under the opposition's skin - that's why I love Dray so much. I'd talk, clap, put the ball on the floor after scoring, set hard screens, etc. Thing is, as much as I wanted to be a PG, I never was - at 6'5, I was a 3, 4, 5 depending on what team I was playing for. I'll admit I let my emotions get the better of me sometimes...like the last intramural game I played in was during 1L of law school...got two techs and was ejected. :lol: First was for what they said was "taunting a player" and the second was for mocking a ref's call by saying "great call, great call." :lol: I was actually playing in a HS reunion game a few years back and one of the refs who'd been reffing my games since I was in like 3rd grade remembered me because of my attitude and we talked for a bit. :lol:


Small, passing to best man,smiling after a good move, lockdown defender and somehow ended up with Rose. :crazy: I
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,697
And1: 8,696
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#593 » by magnumt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:08 am

Tornelyus wrote:Greetings from the other side of Atlantic, currently from Kyiv (UTC 03:00). Knicks fan since 92.
Fan of melo isos. Still graving for melo trade.
I was lurking around, then i decide to post some. HarthorneWingo kindly redirected me here.


Welcome!

:rockon:

Hemispheres wrote:Anyone watch Nathan for You. I just finished the Uber episode that leaked early. Goddamn it was legendary. Better than even Dumb Starbucks imo. The Chinese restaurant wedding :lol:.

The consistent quality of this show is unreal.


Network?

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Jeremy Lin / Ish Smith / Jerian Grant
Damian Lillard / Reggie Bullock / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Doug McDermott / Wesley Johnson
Greg Monroe / Dirk Nowitzki / Al Jefferson
Dwight Howard / Alex Len / Timofey Mozgov
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
Posts: 6,217
And1: 2,808
Joined: Jun 24, 2013
       

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#594 » by Boarder Patrol » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:17 am

Didn't know where else to put this, but anyone have a decent sig pic laying around I could use? Knicks or general NBA related. Much appreciated.
My top 5 all time:

1. LeBron
2. MJ
3. Kareem
4. Hakeem
5. Duncan
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 16,476
And1: 3,563
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#595 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Tornelyus wrote:Greetings from the other side of Atlantic, currently from Kyiv (UTC 03:00). Knicks fan since 92.
Fan of melo isos. Still graving for melo trade.
I was lurking around, then i decide to post some. HarthorneWingo kindly redirected me here.

Stfu and gtfo!
Timberwolves:13
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Love/Gay/Young/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: T.Young/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby
SG: Tyler Johnson/Barton/Afflalo/Stuckey
PG: Schroder/Barton/Exum/Stuckey
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 12,029
And1: 7,047
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#596 » by King of Canada » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:45 pm

This weekends beer sampling. Not my pics.

Image

Image

Image

Image
BAF Pacers
F. Mason/J. Lucas
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
C. Osman/Babbit
L. MarkkanenJ. Hill
K. Porzingis/Giles/random Plumlee

IR B. Knight, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,388
And1: 21,210
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Lawyering
Contact:
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#597 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:54 pm

King of Canada wrote:This weekends beer sampling. Not my pics.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Have you ever had some of the chocolate stout(beer?) from Trader Joe’s? Always wanted to try.
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 39,002
And1: 21,940
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#598 » by Capn'O » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:14 am

King of Canada wrote:This weekends beer sampling. Not my pics.

Image


We were clear around the corner from them when I was there last month. I got this one in my fridge right now. Finally found a distributor out here in my very own neighborhood.

Image

Knickstape1214 wrote:Have you ever had some of the chocolate stout(beer?) from Trader Joe’s? Always wanted to try.


I often find with chocolate stouts - you either don't taste the chocolate or they don't do the beer right. A quick look at beer advocate confirms my fears here.
Image
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 12,029
And1: 7,047
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#599 » by King of Canada » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:18 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:This weekends beer sampling. Not my pics.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Have you ever had some of the chocolate stout(beer?) from Trader Joe’s? Always wanted to try.


No but I have had quite a few other chocolate stouts. I love stout.
BAF Pacers
F. Mason/J. Lucas
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
C. Osman/Babbit
L. MarkkanenJ. Hill
K. Porzingis/Giles/random Plumlee

IR B. Knight, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 12,029
And1: 7,047
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#600 » by King of Canada » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:19 am

Capn'O wrote:
King of Canada wrote:This weekends beer sampling. Not my pics.

Image


We were clear around the corner from them when I was there last month. I got this one in my fridge right now. Finally found a distributor out here in my very own neighborhood.

Image


We should start a board beer exchange
BAF Pacers
F. Mason/J. Lucas
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
C. Osman/Babbit
L. MarkkanenJ. Hill
K. Porzingis/Giles/random Plumlee

IR B. Knight, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson

Return to New York Knicks