ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: moocow007, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, magnumt, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
FrontOfficeEye
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 46,349
And1: 24,727
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#581 » by FrontOfficeEye » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:42 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:https://www.playbuzz.com/rixhil10/which-nba-point-guard-are-you?utm_source=pb-clutch&utm_medium=pb-clutch&utm_campaign=pb-clutch#tenth


what kind of PG are you?

whoof, Lowry

small
find someone open for three
assists
playmaker
nothing
31-40
knicks
east


After a year of bashing the guy, I'm embarrassed to say who I got. :lol:

Big
Attack rim
Assists
Playmaker
Smile (shame they don't have place ball on floor and backpedal as an option because I used to do that when I was pissed in intramurals...:lol:)
31-40
Knicks
East


D-rose?

After a nice move, I either did nothing, or go out of my sprint to my opponent and go nose-to-nose. I wanted to put lockdown defender instead of playmaker


Yep...Rose. :noway:

I did whatever I could to get under the opposition's skin - that's why I love Dray so much. I'd talk, clap, put the ball on the floor after scoring, set hard screens, etc. Thing is, as much as I wanted to be a PG, I never was - at 6'5, I was a 3, 4, 5 depending on what team I was playing for. I'll admit I let my emotions get the better of me sometimes...like the last intramural game I played in was during 1L of law school...got two techs and was ejected. :lol: First was for what they said was "taunting a player" and the second was for mocking a ref's call by saying "great call, great call." :lol: I was actually playing in a HS reunion game a few years back and one of the refs who'd been reffing my games since I was in like 3rd grade remembered me because of my attitude and we talked for a bit. :lol:
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 27,190
And1: 4,863
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#582 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:43 pm

I wouldn't go nose to nose with my opponent to start a fight or rub it in, I did it to let them know they were being picked up full court
User avatar
FrontOfficeEye
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 46,349
And1: 24,727
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#583 » by FrontOfficeEye » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:43 pm

Anyone else going to NYCC? This is going to be the third year in a row I'm going with my dad. :D Very excited.
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 27,190
And1: 4,863
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#584 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:49 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
After a year of bashing the guy, I'm embarrassed to say who I got. :lol:

Big
Attack rim
Assists
Playmaker
Smile (shame they don't have place ball on floor and backpedal as an option because I used to do that when I was pissed in intramurals...:lol:)
31-40
Knicks
East


D-rose?

After a nice move, I either did nothing, or go out of my sprint to my opponent and go nose-to-nose. I wanted to put lockdown defender instead of playmaker


Yep...Rose. :noway:

I did whatever I could to get under the opposition's skin - that's why I love Dray so much. I'd talk, clap, put the ball on the floor after scoring, set hard screens, etc. Thing is, as much as I wanted to be a PG, I never was - at 6'5, I was a 3, 4, 5 depending on what team I was playing for. I'll admit I let my emotions get the better of me sometimes...like the last intramural game I played in was during 1L of law school...got two techs and was ejected. :lol: First was for what they said was "taunting a player" and the second was for mocking a ref's call by saying "great call, great call." :lol: I was actually playing in a HS reunion game a few years back and one of the refs who'd been reffing my games since I was in like 3rd grade remembered me because of my attitude and we talked for a bit. :lol:


Haha, yeah that's dray-ish. A 6'5 PG? Hot damn man. If you entered the NBA, you'd be my first pick. I'm 5'9, so I was more of a pit bull type - that's why I fought in college. I was more of the silent, passive-aggressive, stone cold, expressionless type. Only time I got kicked out of a HS game was when I jacked my brother up against the wall because he dropped a "f-ing Jesup Christ" at the ref - mother was in the stands, so I felt the need to take down my own brother :lol:.

But I think that's karma, you getting drose. With my recent weight gain, it makes sense I get Lowry :lol:
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 27,190
And1: 4,863
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#585 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:50 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Anyone else going to NYCC? This is going to be the third year in a row I'm going with my dad. :D Very excited.


What is that
User avatar
FrontOfficeEye
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 46,349
And1: 24,727
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#586 » by FrontOfficeEye » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:51 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Anyone else going to NYCC? This is going to be the third year in a row I'm going with my dad. :D Very excited.


What is that


www.newyorkcomiccon.com

New York Comic Con. :D
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 27,190
And1: 4,863
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#587 » by br7knicks » Fri Oct 6, 2017 12:49 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Anyone else going to NYCC? This is going to be the third year in a row I'm going with my dad. :D Very excited.


What is that


www.newyorkcomiccon.com

New York Comic Con. :D


I actually might be. My buddy writes for dread central and he usually goes to those.


I thought it stood for New York (city) Community College. I thought maybe you were having a nervous breakdown. Could've sworn you got your law degree from purdue :lol:

Glad I was wrong.
User avatar
FrontOfficeEye
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 46,349
And1: 24,727
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#588 » by FrontOfficeEye » Fri Oct 6, 2017 12:52 am

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
What is that


www.newyorkcomiccon.com

New York Comic Con. :D


I actually might be. My buddy writes for dread central and he usually goes to those.


I thought it stood for New York (city) Community College. I thought maybe you were having a nervous breakdown. Could've sworn you got your law degree from purdue :lol:

Glad I was wrong.


Dude, you should totally go if you can. It's a lot of fun. Awesome things to look around and look, fun atmosphere, good nerd things, etc. Love it there.

Where'd Purdue come from? :lol: Random haha.
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 27,190
And1: 4,863
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#589 » by br7knicks » Fri Oct 6, 2017 1:26 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
www.newyorkcomiccon.com

New York Comic Con. :D


I actually might be. My buddy writes for dread central and he usually goes to those.


I thought it stood for New York (city) Community College. I thought maybe you were having a nervous breakdown. Could've sworn you got your law degree from purdue :lol:

Glad I was wrong.


Dude, you should totally go if you can. It's a lot of fun. Awesome things to look around and look, fun atmosphere, good nerd things, etc. Love it there.

Where'd Purdue come from? :lol: Random haha.


I go to things I don't have interest in, just for the experience. I've heard those are a blast regardless of interest.

****, I get that wrong? I initially thought providence, but thought it was boilermakers.
User avatar
Hemispheres
Veteran
Posts: 2,917
And1: 978
Joined: Dec 17, 2008
 

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#590 » by Hemispheres » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:46 am

Anyone watch Nathan for You. I just finished the Uber episode that leaked early. Goddamn it was legendary. Better than even Dumb Starbucks imo. The Chinese restaurant wedding :lol:.

The consistent quality of this show is unreal.
Tornelyus
Freshman
Posts: 74
And1: 30
Joined: Aug 19, 2017
   

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#591 » by Tornelyus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Greetings from the other side of Atlantic, currently from Kyiv (UTC 03:00). Knicks fan since 92.
Fan of melo isos. Still graving for melo trade.
I was lurking around, then i decide to post some. HarthorneWingo kindly redirected me here.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
Posts: 740
And1: 479
Joined: May 27, 2017
 

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#592 » by Kurt Rambis » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
After a year of bashing the guy, I'm embarrassed to say who I got. :lol:

Big
Attack rim
Assists
Playmaker
Smile (shame they don't have place ball on floor and backpedal as an option because I used to do that when I was pissed in intramurals...:lol:)
31-40
Knicks
East


D-rose?

After a nice move, I either did nothing, or go out of my sprint to my opponent and go nose-to-nose. I wanted to put lockdown defender instead of playmaker


Yep...Rose. :noway:

I did whatever I could to get under the opposition's skin - that's why I love Dray so much. I'd talk, clap, put the ball on the floor after scoring, set hard screens, etc. Thing is, as much as I wanted to be a PG, I never was - at 6'5, I was a 3, 4, 5 depending on what team I was playing for. I'll admit I let my emotions get the better of me sometimes...like the last intramural game I played in was during 1L of law school...got two techs and was ejected. :lol: First was for what they said was "taunting a player" and the second was for mocking a ref's call by saying "great call, great call." :lol: I was actually playing in a HS reunion game a few years back and one of the refs who'd been reffing my games since I was in like 3rd grade remembered me because of my attitude and we talked for a bit. :lol:


Small, passing to best man,smiling after a good move, lockdown defender and somehow ended up with Rose. :crazy: I
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 44,572
And1: 9,626
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#593 » by magnumt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:08 am

Tornelyus wrote:Greetings from the other side of Atlantic, currently from Kyiv (UTC 03:00). Knicks fan since 92.
Fan of melo isos. Still graving for melo trade.
I was lurking around, then i decide to post some. HarthorneWingo kindly redirected me here.


Welcome!

:rockon:

Hemispheres wrote:Anyone watch Nathan for You. I just finished the Uber episode that leaked early. Goddamn it was legendary. Better than even Dumb Starbucks imo. The Chinese restaurant wedding :lol:.

The consistent quality of this show is unreal.


Network?

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Damian Lillard / Austin Rivers / Ish Smith
Zach LaVine / Reggie Bullock / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Doug McDermott / Anthony Morrow
Kelly Olynyk / Greg Monroe / Luke Kornet
Alex Len / Al Jefferson / Boban Marjanovich
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
Posts: 6,954
And1: 3,549
Joined: Jun 24, 2013
       

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#594 » by Boarder Patrol » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:17 am

Didn't know where else to put this, but anyone have a decent sig pic laying around I could use? Knicks or general NBA related. Much appreciated.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 17,265
And1: 4,217
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#595 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Tornelyus wrote:Greetings from the other side of Atlantic, currently from Kyiv (UTC 03:00). Knicks fan since 92.
Fan of melo isos. Still graving for melo trade.
I was lurking around, then i decide to post some. HarthorneWingo kindly redirected me here.

Stfu and gtfo!
Timberwolves: 6
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: T. Young/Gay/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter Jr/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby
SG: Barton/Tyler Johnson /Afflalo
PG: Schroder/Barton/Barrea/Exum
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 12,756
And1: 7,785
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#596 » by King of Canada » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:45 pm

This weekends beer sampling. Not my pics.

Image

Image

Image

Image
BAF Pacers
F. Mason/J. Lucas/Teodosic
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
C. Osman/Babbit
L. Markkanen/J. Hill
K. Porzingis/Giles/Random Plumlee

IR B. Knight, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson
User avatar
FrontOfficeEye
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 46,349
And1: 24,727
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#597 » by FrontOfficeEye » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:54 pm

King of Canada wrote:This weekends beer sampling. Not my pics.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Have you ever had some of the chocolate stout(beer?) from Trader Joe’s? Always wanted to try.
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 41,614
And1: 25,023
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: User Signature Removed
 

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#598 » by Capn'O » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:14 am

King of Canada wrote:This weekends beer sampling. Not my pics.

Image


We were clear around the corner from them when I was there last month. I got this one in my fridge right now. Finally found a distributor out here in my very own neighborhood.

Image

Knickstape1214 wrote:Have you ever had some of the chocolate stout(beer?) from Trader Joe’s? Always wanted to try.


I often find with chocolate stouts - you either don't taste the chocolate or they don't do the beer right. A quick look at beer advocate confirms my fears here.
Image
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 12,756
And1: 7,785
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#599 » by King of Canada » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:18 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:This weekends beer sampling. Not my pics.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Have you ever had some of the chocolate stout(beer?) from Trader Joe’s? Always wanted to try.


No but I have had quite a few other chocolate stouts. I love stout.
BAF Pacers
F. Mason/J. Lucas/Teodosic
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
C. Osman/Babbit
L. Markkanen/J. Hill
K. Porzingis/Giles/Random Plumlee

IR B. Knight, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 12,756
And1: 7,785
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#600 » by King of Canada » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:19 am

Capn'O wrote:
King of Canada wrote:This weekends beer sampling. Not my pics.

Image


We were clear around the corner from them when I was there last month. I got this one in my fridge right now. Finally found a distributor out here in my very own neighborhood.

Image


We should start a board beer exchange
BAF Pacers
F. Mason/J. Lucas/Teodosic
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
C. Osman/Babbit
L. Markkanen/J. Hill
K. Porzingis/Giles/Random Plumlee

IR B. Knight, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson

Return to New York Knicks