ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

digitaldropoff
Sixth Man
And1: 409

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#821 » by digitaldropoff » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
el13adnino wrote:because...

I'll wait to hear a reason why as well? I mean, if you like getting a new ride every three years....than it makes sense. If you don't, then I don't really know why it's better than owning. Key is to buy a used car that was leased.....it's usually certified and not to F-ed up from the previous owner because they know they need to return it in decent shape and within the miles allowed.

For 1, you get a new car every 2-3 years.
2. Personally, I will not buy something that depreciates over time, a car is not an investment and when you buy a car or finance, you will be making those monthly payments for 5-8 years, depending on how much u put down and the car.
3. By the time you done with the payments, the car is almost ready to break down unless you maintain it. BMW's and Benz etc .. do not hold their value at all. Honda, toyota and few cars last pretty long and the parts are cheap and easy to get so it wouldn't be too bad with those kind of cars.
I like to "buy" things that goes up in value overtime like property, gold, sneakers etc.. if not then I lease it. Just my opinion.

It all depends on your lifestyle. My last car I owned for over 11 years, my current one that I am paying on, I will drive it no less than 8 years. Leasing cars is fine, it's just silly to say that is the best way of doing things as a general broad statement.
Papi_swav
Starter
And1: 961

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#822 » by Papi_swav » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:39 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
I'll wait to hear a reason why as well? I mean, if you like getting a new ride every three years....than it makes sense. If you don't, then I don't really know why it's better than owning. Key is to buy a used car that was leased.....it's usually certified and not to F-ed up from the previous owner because they know they need to return it in decent shape and within the miles allowed.

For 1, you get a new car every 2-3 years.
2. Personally, I will not buy something that depreciates over time, a car is not an investment and when you buy a car or finance, you will be making those monthly payments for 5-8 years, depending on how much u put down and the car.
3. By the time you done with the payments, the car is almost ready to break down unless you maintain it. BMW's and Benz etc .. do not hold their value at all. Honda, toyota and few cars last pretty long and the parts are cheap and easy to get so it wouldn't be too bad with those kind of cars.
I like to "buy" things that goes up in value overtime like property, gold, sneakers etc.. if not then I lease it. Just my opinion.

It all depends on your lifestyle. My last car I owned for over 11 years, my current one that I am paying on, I will drive it no less than 8 years. Leasing cars is fine, it's just silly to say that is the best way of doing things as a general broad statement.

I believe it is the best way of doing things and it isn't silly. Unless you're buying a used honda or toyota then it's ok, but if you're buying a used BMW, Audi etc... it's not a good idea. If you want a more flashier looking car than I would lease it but if you want something reliable and from point A to point B, can't go wrong with a littler older model Honda.
wackbone
Veteran
And1: 380

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#823 » by wackbone » Thu Apr 5, 2018 4:21 am

Hey Everyone! I have only ever been in the Trades and Transactions section of the website, mainly the Trades and Transactions Games, but I have been told numerous times of the wonderful action on this forum in particular. I am sorting through the vast amount of threads to find some information, but if anyone could fill me in on the BAT or similar franchise building games you have here, I'd love to learn more! Thanks so much!
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
And1: 15,600

Post#824 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 pm

wackbone wrote:Hey Everyone! I have only ever been in the Trades and Transactions section of the website, mainly the Trades and Transactions Games, but I have been told numerous times of the wonderful action on this forum in particular. I am sorting through the vast amount of threads to find some information, but if anyone could fill me in on the BAT or similar franchise building games you have here, I'd love to learn more! Thanks so much!

F*CK YOU! STFU AND GTFO!

You think you can come onto our thread with all your cheeriness and niceness? :noway: Well, think again! Jesus, where do we get these people from????
knicksh20b
Head Coach
And1: 2,211

Post#825 » by knicksh20b » Yesterday 12:48 am

soo uhh anyone else watch black lightning?

Return to New York Knicks