ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, j4remi, mpharris36, Thorn, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, GONYK, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
sushibear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,507
And1: 2,877
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
 

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#761 » by sushibear » Wed Mar 7, 2018 5:04 am

Good move. Leasing is the way to go.
Lazy10
Junior
Posts: 398
And1: 179
Joined: Apr 21, 2016

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#762 » by Lazy10 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:41 am

Mecca wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Welp, there you go. You met her on a dating app. You got your answer.

I use Bumble and Tinder. They're one in the same. The issue is what I said in my first post. Girls who have access or use dating apps are almost impossible to date because they know they have the entire menu on their plate so there's no need to settle for one.

I've dated approximately 15 different women from Tinder/Bumble this Winter alone and can tell you similar things have happened to me. She found a new guy to play with on Bumble or is having second thoughts as she doesn't know what she wants. I'm giving you that advice because it's happened to me so many times before via dating apps.


Thank you, brother. I really appreciate you talking about the struggles of meeting a good girl, whether on or off the apps.

You’re right - you think you got something going and they dead you right then and there. Then it just feels like you wasted time and money for no reason, and you feel emotionally spent. You feel fooled because you put this effort in and you genuinely liked her but she never really did and just played a role until she got tired and moved on.

I don’t blame the girl at all. That’s life. You can’t force these things. I appreciate her being up front with me and I told her that I’m my last message. I can’t blame her - which sucks, because then you’re only left blaming yourself.


Word, I'm happy you made this thread because it's something that's been ticking me off for a minute. I honestly haven't heard of anyone have success from online dating and there's a reason for it. It makes them think that they have an entire smorgasbord of options at their disposal at all times so there's no reason to settle or make up your mind.

I think at the time they believe they're interested in you, but don't see it as anything other than speculation. This is especially true for girls that are 7+ out of 10, as they have a million matches and messages at all times.

I still online date, but in the Spring I'm going to change my approach. Concerts, yoga, marathons etc. as social meeting places. You know as well as myself that when you get older, you vaguely see attractive women at social events unless you're at a bar, thus these are high quality options.

Just do pickup it's easy
Lazy10
Junior
Posts: 398
And1: 179
Joined: Apr 21, 2016

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#763 » by Lazy10 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:42 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
levendis wrote:Those apps entire purpose is to meet someone to screw for the most part. Once that is accomplished the interaction is usually over with. If your intention is to meet someone/ find a gf and whatnot you probably shouldn't be on them. Or at the least realize most of your encounters will end up like this.


I just find it hard to meet good girls in general. Where are we meeting? At a bar? I don’t know where us millenials hang out in 2018.

You can meet a girl anywhere dude, just talk to her
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 24,778
And1: 16,572
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#764 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 7, 2018 11:08 am

I would keep pursuing this futile situation.

I'd invest maximum time and emotional commitment in spite of the hopelessness.

For those two championship dates I'd pursue many many years of time and effort, in spite of all the signs those dates or anything close to them will ever happen again.



You are a Knick fan after all.



Keep us posted.

:D
User avatar
CowboyBebop
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 2,132
Joined: Sep 27, 2017
     

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#765 » by CowboyBebop » Wed Mar 7, 2018 4:12 pm

It depends how good she looked. Post pics so we can evaluate this situation properly.
CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
User avatar
sushibear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,507
And1: 2,877
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
 

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#766 » by sushibear » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:03 pm

CowboyBebop wrote:It depends how good she looked. Post pics so we can evaluate this situation properly.


Spoiler:
ImageImage
User avatar
Meat
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,889
And1: 2,357
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
       

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#767 » by Meat » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:46 pm

switch wrote:Long story short, the salesman and I agreed on monthly payments of $250/month (tax included) and a $1000 drive off fee. The $1000 “consists” of 500 DMV fee, 250 first month payment, and 250 just to offset the total price so I can get the $250/month for the next 35 months. Is it possible that he’s making up these numbers to compensate for the lower than avg monthly payments i’m about to pay? I also live in California so if any fellow Knicks fan knows about California state laws with DMV fees being that high, that’ll be great. Thanks and I’m happy to be back on realm.



its not that low of a price, generally its 10% down, an si is around 25000? par for the course
User avatar
DE FENSE
RealGM
Posts: 14,397
And1: 2,160
Joined: Aug 22, 2006
Location: Brooklyn
   

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#768 » by DE FENSE » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:01 pm

Hard to know if its a good deal without knowing sticker price, mile allowance per year, your credit standing, etc
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,913
And1: 1,823
Joined: Feb 20, 2015
Location: f**k u mean
     

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#769 » by el13adnino » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:34 pm

sushibear wrote:Good move. Leasing is the way to go.

because...
Image
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
Posts: 35,367
And1: 10,159
Joined: Jul 01, 2010

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#770 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:37 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
whocares1 wrote:I don't understand how it de-escalated from "2nd date sex" to "Don't view you romantically". Something has to have changed her mind.


I think I noticed it when she started to have some political talk with me via text. When I said I wasn’t a feminist in the ‘2018 definition’ and that I wouldnt be out in some SJW rallies (even though I’m liberal leaning, I really don’t care that much about politics in general) she started to say she couldn’t date someone who didn’t share her beliefs. She apologized later for ‘being mean’ but I think that could’ve been it. This was on Thursday. I started seeing her texting differently on Friday.

She also went out last night to some gala with her friends. Could’ve met someone new there.

Also we pretty much had sex the first date too so it wasn’t that.


That was it. Women can still be happy in a relationship if the sex isn't good. But if you don't share the same core beliefs as they do.. cya.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
Posts: 35,367
And1: 10,159
Joined: Jul 01, 2010

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#771 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:44 pm

Gentlemen.. 99% of women are feminists.
Knicks Byke
Veteran
Posts: 2,636
And1: 1,777
Joined: Aug 11, 2015
   

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#772 » by Knicks Byke » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:50 pm

OP, take some cialis and attack that P one last time. maybe you didnt perform well?
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 54,571
And1: 27,345
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Reality
     

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#773 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:55 pm

Lord Commander wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Lord Commander wrote:You tipped your feelings way too soon, bro. It’s been my experience that women respond better when you seem disinterested. It’s a bs game to play, but that’s how it is. Next time you’ll know.

The lies.
If a person doesn’t like you they just don’t like you. No need to play games. Move on and find someone that does like you.


We’ve already gotten past the baseline like/dislike. Question: what’s more appealing and interesting to you, a guy in your face expressing his feelings for you after two dates, or a guy who’s inaccessible and hard to figure out?



Neither.
BAF - Pistons
C:Vucevic|Chandler|Kleber
F:Morris|Aminu|Scott
F:Thompson|Lee
G:Richardson|Trent Jr.
G:Brogdon|Joseph|Frazier
Head Coach - Dwane Casey
IR
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 54,571
And1: 27,345
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Reality
     

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#774 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:59 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
whocares1 wrote:I don't understand how it de-escalated from "2nd date sex" to "Don't view you romantically". Something has to have changed her mind.


I think I noticed it when she started to have some political talk with me via text. When I said I wasn’t a feminist in the ‘2018 definition’ and that I wouldnt be out in some SJW rallies (even though I’m liberal leaning, I really don’t care that much about politics in general) she started to say she couldn’t date someone who didn’t share her beliefs. She apologized later for ‘being mean’ but I think that could’ve been it. This was on Thursday. I started seeing her texting differently on Friday.

She also went out last night to some gala with her friends. Could’ve met someone new there.

Also we pretty much had sex the first date too so it wasn’t that.


That was it. Women can still be happy in a relationship if the sex isn't good. But if you don't share the same core beliefs as they do.. cya.



Exactly

Cause if the sex was good she wouldn’t really care(all that much) about the political beliefs. At least not this quick.

It’s like things adding up and you’re weighing the pros and cons.
BAF - Pistons
C:Vucevic|Chandler|Kleber
F:Morris|Aminu|Scott
F:Thompson|Lee
G:Richardson|Trent Jr.
G:Brogdon|Joseph|Frazier
Head Coach - Dwane Casey
IR
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 54,571
And1: 27,345
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Reality
     

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#775 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 7, 2018 8:01 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Earlier this morning, I met a super bad girl on Bumble. Got her math and finessed the convo. Asked to grab a drink & didn't receive an answer. I check an hour later to see I got blocked on IG and my #. Why? I have no clue, but again, either found someone new or didn't know what she wanted. And this is today alone. It's just an example of the side-effects from having so much access to dating.


sound like catfish

Image


Image



Holy ****
BAF - Pistons
C:Vucevic|Chandler|Kleber
F:Morris|Aminu|Scott
F:Thompson|Lee
G:Richardson|Trent Jr.
G:Brogdon|Joseph|Frazier
Head Coach - Dwane Casey
IR
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
Posts: 35,367
And1: 10,159
Joined: Jul 01, 2010

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#776 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 8:10 pm

Greenie wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
I think I noticed it when she started to have some political talk with me via text. When I said I wasn’t a feminist in the ‘2018 definition’ and that I wouldnt be out in some SJW rallies (even though I’m liberal leaning, I really don’t care that much about politics in general) she started to say she couldn’t date someone who didn’t share her beliefs. She apologized later for ‘being mean’ but I think that could’ve been it. This was on Thursday. I started seeing her texting differently on Friday.

She also went out last night to some gala with her friends. Could’ve met someone new there.

Also we pretty much had sex the first date too so it wasn’t that.


That was it. Women can still be happy in a relationship if the sex isn't good. But if you don't share the same core beliefs as they do.. cya.



Exactly

Cause if the sex was good she wouldn’t really care(all that much) about the political beliefs. At least not this quick.

It’s like things adding up and you’re weighing the pros and cons.


It's so crazy how different men and women are. I'm convinced men would stay would a female serial killer if the sex was good. :lol:

I think women generally know that most men are going to underperform in bed a lot of the time (this is probably news to men :lol: ). So they're prepared for it. But if a couple disagrees about how to raise a child.. like the guy wants to send the kid to public school and the girl wants to send the kid to private school.. deal breaker. :lol:

The OP clearly needs to rethink how he views the man/woman dynamic.. it's the year 2018. 75% of my friends wives are the majority bread winners and therefore they shouldn't have to come home and do the stuff they were boxed into doing (cleaning,Laundry,cooking etc) so they don't.
User avatar
CowboyBebop
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 2,132
Joined: Sep 27, 2017
     

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#777 » by CowboyBebop » Wed Mar 7, 2018 8:35 pm

sushibear wrote:
CowboyBebop wrote:It depends how good she looked. Post pics so we can evaluate this situation properly.


Spoiler:
ImageImage

Well damn!!!!

Image
CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
digitaldropoff
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,757
And1: 429
Joined: Sep 06, 2007

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#778 » by digitaldropoff » Wed Mar 7, 2018 8:37 pm

el13adnino wrote:
sushibear wrote:Good move. Leasing is the way to go.

because...


I'll wait to hear a reason why as well? I mean, if you like getting a new ride every three years....than it makes sense. If you don't, then I don't really know why it's better than owning. Key is to buy a used car that was leased.....it's usually certified and not to F-ed up from the previous owner because they know they need to return it in decent shape and within the miles allowed.
whocares1
Head Coach
Posts: 6,607
And1: 3,495
Joined: Oct 31, 2014
     

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#779 » by whocares1 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 8:38 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
That was it. Women can still be happy in a relationship if the sex isn't good. But if you don't share the same core beliefs as they do.. cya.



Exactly

Cause if the sex was good she wouldn’t really care(all that much) about the political beliefs. At least not this quick.

It’s like things adding up and you’re weighing the pros and cons.


It's so crazy how different men and women are. I'm convinced men would stay would a female serial killer if the sex was good. :lol:

I think women generally know that most men are going to underperform in bed a lot of the time (this is probably news to men :lol: ). So they're prepared for it. But if a couple disagrees about how to raise a child.. like the guy wants to send the kid to public school and the girl wants to send the kid to private school.. deal breaker. :lol:

The OP clearly needs to rethink how he views the man/woman dynamic.. it's the year 2018. 75% of my friends wives are the majority bread winners and therefore they shouldn't have to come home and do the stuff they were boxed into doing (cleaning,Laundry,cooking etc) so they don't.


I disagree with the idea that men and women are that far different, and there are men who would stay in a relationship just for the sex, but so would women. OP's biggest mistake was being truthful in that situation. If he wasn't with the current feminist movement he shouldn't have made it known.
Number of games Beasley stupidly wins the Knicks: 0
Trey Burke: 1
Hardaway Jr: 0
User avatar
sushibear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,507
And1: 2,877
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
 

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#780 » by sushibear » Wed Mar 7, 2018 8:50 pm

CowboyBebop wrote:
sushibear wrote:
CowboyBebop wrote:It depends how good she looked. Post pics so we can evaluate this situation properly.


Spoiler:
ImageImage

Well damn!!!!

Image


Yup. Heres the non anime version tho if you're curious.

Spoiler:
Image

Return to New York Knicks