ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread (Jones PED fallout pg 35)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion, King of Canada, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC

User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 12,629
And1: 6,830
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#641 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL he really said that?

I'm not really into boxing but I followed the Jon Jones vs Cormier thing and this is hilarious
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Deron Williams/Jerryd Bayless
SG: Josh Jackson/Nick Young
SF: Jayson Tatum
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Shawn Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Justin Patton
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 39,986
And1: 12,246
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#642 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:11 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL he really said that?

I'm not really into boxing but I followed the Jon Jones vs Cormier thing and this is hilarious


That's Jones' verified account. Plus, that would be something Jon would say. I have no doubt about that. Fcking jerk off.

My guess is that he took it for his shoulder which he couldn't even raise a couple days before the fight.
User avatar
Mauro Pedrosa
Senior
Posts: 737
And1: 785
Joined: Oct 15, 2016
Contact:
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#643 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:16 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Mauro Pedrosa wrote:Image

Give DC back his belt and ban Jones for life.

I really think that's fair
User avatar
Mauro Pedrosa
Senior
Posts: 737
And1: 785
Joined: Oct 15, 2016
Contact:
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#644 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:53 am

So this is pretty funny: (Now former) UFC Champion Jon Jones is a habitual line stepper, or drug test failer, but his twitter handle is @jonnybones. @jonjones is owned by some other dude who gets constant hate tweets. Now Magic player Terrence Ross fell for the trap

Image
User avatar
HighRyzer83
Head Coach
Posts: 6,960
And1: 542
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Fan on Fire

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#645 » by HighRyzer83 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:09 am

Wow Turinabol? good choice. I would think anavar would be his first choice. But damn at least it wasn't winnie.
But yeah, he's a cheater and his whole career is in question. GSP is the next in line for being the GOAT, maybe DJ. But these roid users can eat ****
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 39,986
And1: 12,246
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#646 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:22 am

HighRyzer83 wrote:Wow Turinabol? good choice. I would think anavar would be his first choice. But damn at least it wasn't winnie.
But yeah, he's a cheater and his whole career is in question. GSP is the next in line for being the GOAT, maybe DJ. But these roid users can eat ****


DC said the fights Jones was clean for were Bonnar, Gusmao and OSP. All mediocre performances
User avatar
HighRyzer83
Head Coach
Posts: 6,960
And1: 542
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Fan on Fire

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#647 » by HighRyzer83 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:41 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:Wow Turinabol? good choice. I would think anavar would be his first choice. But damn at least it wasn't winnie.
But yeah, he's a cheater and his whole career is in question. GSP is the next in line for being the GOAT, maybe DJ. But these roid users can eat ****


DC said the fights Jones was clean for were Bonnar, Gusmao and OSP. All mediocre performances


Yeah makes you wonder if he was ever that good.
Can't help but feel bad for DC. The man put his heart out there, and he took all that damage. Looks like Gus was also robbed by this cheater. I just find it hard to believe when you already have a considerable advantage in age, reach and size. How corrupt can someone be. Is he really that scared to fight fairly. He knows what he really is without the advantage. Thats why he needs it. And Fck Greg Jackson too, all those creeps had to have been in on it. Probably managed his cycling.
User avatar
waya
RealGM
Posts: 13,618
And1: 2,956
Joined: Feb 14, 2007
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#648 » by waya » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:57 am

This made my day :lol: I haven't been able to watch a minute of MMA since that fight, thinking such a piece of sh*t is the GOAT. This helps.

F*ck Jon Jones. Hope hes banned and has to go put on freak show fights in Japan. I feel sorry for the moronic fanboys that continuously eat up his bullsh*t excuses. I'm gonna laugh my azz off hearing this douche's next sob story and how he's committed to changing, becoming a bettter person, blah blah. F*ck off, Jon
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 39,986
And1: 12,246
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#649 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:25 am

waya wrote:This made my day :lol: I haven't been able to watch a minute of MMA since that fight, thinking such a piece of sh*t is the GOAT. This helps.

F*ck Jon Jones. Hope hes banned and has to go put on freak show fights in Japan. I feel sorry for the moronic fanboys that continuously eat up his bullsh*t excuses. I'm gonna laugh my azz off hearing this douche's next sob story and how he's committed to changing, becoming a bettter person, blah blah. F*ck off, Jon


Yep. I still haven't watched DC's post-knockout interview by Rogan in the ring. I couldn't. And if it wasn't for j4remi's avi, I wouldn't have watched any replays of the TKO. :lol:
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 31,570
And1: 7,545
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#650 » by j4remi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Man...the Jones news is mindblowing from so many angles.
1. WTF is he thinking risking anything again?

2. How did he manage to pass all drug tests until the day before the fight? Dude passed all the spontaneous tests and then failed one of the scheduled tests...it's just very bizarre.

3. Cormier was competitive but that fight ended with serious head trauma and if you add the steroid impact this is as painful as rewatching Brock vs Hunt. Seriously, I'm leaving the avy for a day to cement this. If Jones juiced, look at how reckless and dangerous it was.

4. The last era of MMA is down to one fighter that hasn't taken a major legacy hit. Silva and Jones are 1a and 1b until you factor in failed drug tests. Fedor fought safe opponents for half a decade and when he returned to tough opponents got submitted by Werdum and KO'ed by Big Foot (not the only KO). GSP is left with a clean bill, but most people had him 4th or lower on the all time list because he spent years fighting safe and not getting finishes. I have no clue how we handicap this era. Cormier hasn't lost to anyone in HW or LHW that wasn't on juice. If you remove the juicers from Bisping's resume, his record is absolutely sick but that's because he lost to a lot of eventual drug test fails. Whose left? I'm just glad I grew in the era of the Tank Abbots and Royce Gracies; was a full fledged die hard to witness Lidell in UFC and Rua in PRIDE; and won't have to be jaded by a full blown era of drug test questions.
BAF - Knicks (18)
PG - Payton (70) D. Collison (18)
SG - Ntilikina (170) L. Williams (65)
SF - MKG (50) Bogdanovich (25)
PF - Saric (125) Zbo (55)
C - Gobert (380) Okafor (24)
User avatar
waya
RealGM
Posts: 13,618
And1: 2,956
Joined: Feb 14, 2007
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#651 » by waya » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:44 pm

j4remi wrote:Man...the Jones news is mindblowing from so many angles.
1. WTF is he thinking risking anything again?

2. How did he manage to pass all drug tests until the day before the fight? Dude passed all the spontaneous tests and then failed one of the scheduled tests...it's just very bizarre.

3. Cormier was competitive but that fight ended with serious head trauma and if you add the steroid impact this is as painful as rewatching Brock vs Hunt. Seriously, I'm leaving the avy for a day to cement this. If Jones juiced, look at how reckless and dangerous it was.

4. The last era of MMA is down to one fighter that hasn't taken a major legacy hit. Silva and Jones are 1a and 1b until you factor in failed drug tests. Fedor fought safe opponents for half a decade and when he returned to tough opponents got submitted by Werdum and KO'ed by Big Foot (not the only KO). GSP is left with a clean bill, but most people had him 4th or lower on the all time list because he spent years fighting safe and not getting finishes. I have no clue how we handicap this era. Cormier hasn't lost to anyone in HW or LHW that wasn't on juice. If you remove the juicers from Bisping's resume, his record is absolutely sick but that's because he lost to a lot of eventual drug test fails. Whose left? I'm just glad I grew in the era of the Tank Abbots and Royce Gracies; was a full fledged die hard to witness Lidell in UFC and Rua in PRIDE; and won't have to be jaded by a full blown era of drug test questions.


This is coming from somebody who has little to no idea how the testing works so excuse my ignorance, but isnt there a way to expedite the test results to ensure this isnt happening? From what I understand the test he was popped for was from weigh-in day. They can't get the results in 24 hours?
User avatar
waya
RealGM
Posts: 13,618
And1: 2,956
Joined: Feb 14, 2007
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#652 » by waya » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:47 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
waya wrote:This made my day :lol: I haven't been able to watch a minute of MMA since that fight, thinking such a piece of sh*t is the GOAT. This helps.

F*ck Jon Jones. Hope hes banned and has to go put on freak show fights in Japan. I feel sorry for the moronic fanboys that continuously eat up his bullsh*t excuses. I'm gonna laugh my azz off hearing this douche's next sob story and how he's committed to changing, becoming a bettter person, blah blah. F*ck off, Jon


Yep. I still haven't watched DC's post-knockout interview by Rogan in the ring. I couldn't. And if it wasn't for j4remi's avi, I wouldn't have watched any replays of the TKO. :lol:

I'm still pretty salty at Rogan for doing that. Turned a concussed, anguished DC into a meme :banghead: I saw that he apologized and all, but still..
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 39,986
And1: 12,246
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#653 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:48 pm

waya wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
waya wrote:This made my day :lol: I haven't been able to watch a minute of MMA since that fight, thinking such a piece of sh*t is the GOAT. This helps.

F*ck Jon Jones. Hope hes banned and has to go put on freak show fights in Japan. I feel sorry for the moronic fanboys that continuously eat up his bullsh*t excuses. I'm gonna laugh my azz off hearing this douche's next sob story and how he's committed to changing, becoming a bettter person, blah blah. F*ck off, Jon


Yep. I still haven't watched DC's post-knockout interview by Rogan in the ring. I couldn't. And if it wasn't for j4remi's avi, I wouldn't have watched any replays of the TKO. :lol:

I'm still pretty salty at Rogan for doing that. Turned a concussed, anguished DC into a meme :banghead: I saw that he apologized and all, but still..


Hell, I wanted to cry after the TKO. :lol:
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 21,418
And1: 4,722
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#654 » by HEZI » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm

This makes absolutely no sense. Why would he take an oral steroid the night before a fight? According to my research, it takes weeks for the effects of something like that to really take it's effect, so him taking something like that the night before a fight would make no sense at all since it wouldn't do anything for him. Why would Jon Jones even take that kind of risk after everything he did to come back? He knew he would have to get tested after the fight, it's standard procedure, so why would he stay clean throughout the entire camp and pass all his tests before the fight, to wait and take some oral steroid that wouldn't do anything for him unless he is on a cycle and has to wait weeks for it to take effect? This makes no sense, feels like someone is trying to set this dude up
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson
SG: Demar Derozan
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez
taj2133
Starter
Posts: 2,208
And1: 217
Joined: Jun 14, 2009

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#655 » by taj2133 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:00 pm

jon jones needs help and needs go to drug rehab you know if a normal person failed a drug test at work he will be fired or if you on verge of getting a job a fail a drug test they won't hire you to work at that place of business. The dude has millions of dollars and wasting his time on drugs is really stupid thing to do.
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 31,570
And1: 7,545
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#656 » by j4remi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:08 pm

waya wrote:This is coming from somebody who has little to no idea how the testing works so excuse my ignorance, but isnt there a way to expedite the test results to ensure this isnt happening? From what I understand the test he was popped for was from weigh-in day. They can't get the results in 24 hours?


I can't speak for the length of test results coming back as it's not really something I've ever looked into. I assume the more designer level top notch stuff and masking agents are tougher to catch and that there's also extra caution to avoid false positives which would delay it but I have no clue how long the time frames are. What I can say though, is that these cats are tested even when they're not signed to fight and that they're continually tested at random all the until the fight day. The weigh-in day and post fight tests are the scheduled and not random ones. So Jones had to pass a multitude of tests prior to the fight and then on the eve of the fight he failed.

Normally fighters will try to time it and cycle the PEDs out of their system before competition but USADA is tougher than when that was the common style. But I can co-sign Hezi's comment that if Jones was clean and then took something to fail last minute; it wouldn't have any impact in time. That said, the assumption would be he was masking it all along and something slipped up. It's one of the most bizarre failures I've seen.
BAF - Knicks (18)
PG - Payton (70) D. Collison (18)
SG - Ntilikina (170) L. Williams (65)
SF - MKG (50) Bogdanovich (25)
PF - Saric (125) Zbo (55)
C - Gobert (380) Okafor (24)
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 39,986
And1: 12,246
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#657 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 pm

:lol:
Image
User avatar
HighRyzer83
Head Coach
Posts: 6,960
And1: 542
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Fan on Fire

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#658 » by HighRyzer83 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:05 pm

HEZI wrote:This makes absolutely no sense. Why would he take an oral steroid the night before a fight? According to my research, it takes weeks for the effects of something like that to really take it's effect, so him taking something like that the night before a fight would make no sense at all since it wouldn't do anything for him. Why would Jon Jones even take that kind of risk after everything he did to come back? He knew he would have to get tested after the fight, it's standard procedure, so why would he stay clean throughout the entire camp and pass all his tests before the fight, to wait and take some oral steroid that wouldn't do anything for him unless he is on a cycle and has to wait weeks for it to take effect? This makes no sense, feels like someone is trying to set this dude up

The masking agent failed. That "took it before the weigh ins, wouldn't make sense" is a cop out to create reasonable doubt. The dick pills excuse wasn't going to fly this time.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 39,986
And1: 12,246
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#659 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:49 am

HEZI wrote:This makes absolutely no sense. Why would he take an oral steroid the night before a fight? According to my research, it takes weeks for the effects of something like that to really take it's effect, so him taking something like that the night before a fight would make no sense at all since it wouldn't do anything for him. Why would Jon Jones even take that kind of risk after everything he did to come back? He knew he would have to get tested after the fight, it's standard procedure, so why would he stay clean throughout the entire camp and pass all his tests before the fight, to wait and take some oral steroid that wouldn't do anything for him unless he is on a cycle and has to wait weeks for it to take effect? This makes no sense, feels like someone is trying to set this dude up


:wave:
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 31,570
And1: 7,545
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#660 » by j4remi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Conor fought Floyd and both fanbases got just enough from their guys to hang on to all preconceived notions.

Boxing fans are saying "Floyd walked him down and KO'ed him like it was easy, we're good"
MMA fans are saying "Conor went 10 rounds with no pro experience and won a few rounds, we're good"

and both sides are still showing their blindspots while they gloat. Floyd had more trouble than expected, he couldn't wait and counter as he's so prone to and which he clearly tried for the opening rounds. At distance, Conor was pretty legit. But Conor didn't know how to leverage his power inside and didn't know how to buy himself time or space without throwing volume. So Floyd moved forward with a high guard and let Conor punch himself out and make mistakes. The "fought like a Mexican" comment was with regard to this. For Conor, glaring holes in his boxing were exposed but he also showed spots where he was good. Stiff jab, great job getting underhooks in clinch range and he was slipping to attempt counters (the uppercut in the first) when he had room. Floyd got the finish but dude wasn't unbareably fast here and if Conor showed any flaws, it's that if Floyd is in counter mode; you can reduce his output by not committing (of course this also meant less power though and that bit Conor as Floyd walked forward from rounds 4 on).
BAF - Knicks (18)
PG - Payton (70) D. Collison (18)
SG - Ntilikina (170) L. Williams (65)
SF - MKG (50) Bogdanovich (25)
PF - Saric (125) Zbo (55)
C - Gobert (380) Okafor (24)

Return to New York Knicks