ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,261

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#281 » by DOT » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:57 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
I'm going by what the beat guy is saying.

Believe what you want. WE BLEW IT

So one guy says something, and you believe him.
What about Stein, Woj, and Aldridge, who all reported that the Wolves wanted more than we would give?

No, I get it Mr. Trump. Those are all FAKE NEWS as opposed to the news you watch which is 100% real all the time

Another Pjax can do no wrong rant? Talking about fake news :lol:

That guy had the deal lined up for a few days and by every account up to today, we were the ones playing hardball.

Yet another PHailurr

When did I say Phil can do no wrong?
And so what he didn't get Rubio, does it really matter? Rubio doesn't change how many wins we have at the end of the year, and would only be on for one more year afterwards.
You'd probably be just as mad if Phil had made the move, because it would magically stop the tank and get rid of all our capspace while somehow making us worse or something
Also, I listed 3 reputable sources who all said the same thing, you have what, one?
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#282 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:15 pm

K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:So one guy says something, and you believe him.
What about Stein, Woj, and Aldridge, who all reported that the Wolves wanted more than we would give?

No, I get it Mr. Trump. Those are all FAKE NEWS as opposed to the news you watch which is 100% real all the time

That guy had the deal lined up for a few days and by every account up to today, we were the ones playing hardball.

Yet another PHailurr

And so what he didn't get Rubio, does it really matter? Rubio doesn't change how many wins we have at the end of the year, and would only be on for one more year afterwards.
You'd probably be just as mad if Phil had made the move, because it would magically stop the tank and get rid of all our capspace while somehow making us worse or something
Also, I listed 3 reputable sources who all said the same thing, you have what, one?

Listening to Michael K for a min. Literally in one breath he said something to the extent "Phil Jackson is a moron for asking for so much from the Wolves, he should have taken the swap" 5 minutes later "well if this report that Wolves pulled out at the last second is true, then Phil is a moron because he waited so long to agree to the deal!" It doesn't matter what Phil does, he's wrong every time.

Porzingis is just a shorter Shawn Bradley.

On a side note, if Rondo and Deron are cut, I would be totally okay with Phil signing Rondo, while Deron goes to CLE and Rose goes to Dallas. That would make me somewhat happy.

Deron and his "chill mode" on a team with LeBron and his "ILL SHOW YOU" work ethic.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#283 » by dakomish23 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:08 pm

K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:So one guy says something, and you believe him.

Yet another PHailurr

Dude I've been on the Rubio to NY bandwagon for months now. I appreciate what he does well and recognize how seamless a fit it would be with our young guys. So in no way shape or form would I be bashing Piax for it. In fact, id do the opposite and would finally have some hope for this fool.

There are countless reports that we were the ones pushing for more all this until the final few hours. You want them, go to the Harry Potter threads.

Idgaf about the W's this year. I want the development of the young guys. Won't happen with DRose around. That guy blows everyone off. I'm sick of him.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,637

Post#284 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:10 pm

I see on WT that the Lakers are not going to gut their team for Paul George. They're calling it "The Melo Rule." lolol
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#285 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:12 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Yet another PHailurr

Listening to Michael K for a min. Literally in one breath he said something to the extent "Phil Jackson is a moron for asking for so much from the Wolves, he should have taken the swap" 5 minutes later "well if this report that Wolves pulled out at the last second is true, then Phil is a moron because he waited so long to agree to the deal!" It doesn't matter what Phil does, he's wrong every time.

On a side note, if Rondo and Deron are cut, I would be totally okay with Phil signing Rondo, while Deron goes to CLE and Rose goes to Dallas. That would make me somewhat happy.

Deron and his "chill mode" on a team with LeBron and his "ILL SHOW YOU" work ethic.

F*ck Michael Kay. He knows NOTHING about basketball. His parter, whose name I can't spell, is no better. Hahn is the only sane voice on that station when it comes to the Knicks.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#286 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:25 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:When did I say Phil can do no wrong?

F*ck Michael Kay. He knows NOTHING about basketball. His parter, whose name I can't spell, is no better. Hahn is the only sane voice on that station when it comes to the Knicks.

Canty is killing that show for me. It's amazing how one personality can really screw up the dynamic. Canty has some hatorade running through his veins.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#287 » by dakomish23 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:48 am

If you had a choice (not that we do or should be using the pick to do so) who would you guys rather have? Butler or George?

I think George is the better player IMO but Butler is a FA in 2019 I believe versus 2018 for George.

I think PJax might consider it if it's available

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#288 » by dakomish23 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:23 am

We should get Casspi. Would love his fit with the Euros

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#289 » by BKlutch » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:31 pm

WTF. WT says that the Warriors are going to sign Calderon. How could that be?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

JM88
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#290 » by JM88 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:07 pm

dakomish23 wrote:If you had a choice (not that we do or should be using the pick to do so) who would you guys rather have? Butler or George?

I think George is the better player IMO but Butler is a FA in 2019 I believe versus 2018 for George.

I think PJax might consider it if it's available

I think Butlers personality would be a huge distraction in New York. In fact, unless he changes his mindset and become more mature, i have a hard time seing him being the leader and face of a franchise. I trust George more and also think he is a better player. But injury history should still be a concern, and the contract situation is a very big negative as well. I strongly believe he is going to the Lakers in 2018, with Pacers being the only darkhorse because they can offer more money.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#291 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:01 pm

dakomish23 wrote:We should get Casspi. Would love his fit with the Euros

He would fit nicely, but as a SF, he'd be fairly redundant.

Wasn't someone in New Orleans supposed to be high on him...

Could see the Clippers making a run at him... their bench is trash.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#292 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:05 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:

Isn't he supposed to be out for up to 2 months?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#293 » by Mecca » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Another month at least. I'd sign him to a guaranteed 2 year deal, though. He's a good shooter, knows how to space the court, and plays pretty decent defense.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#294 » by dakomish23 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:16 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:He would fit nicely, but as a SF, he'd be fairly redundant.

Another month at least. I'd sign him to a guaranteed 2 year deal, though. He's a good shooter, knows how to space the court, and plays pretty decent defense.

Yeah that's my thinking. But I'm assuming we could only offer the min because we used the room exception on Kuz?

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#295 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Euro ball! Where's Rasho?
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#296 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:19 pm

Knicks targeting Jrue Holiday in free agency.

https://t.co/9oCIuRkgVm
Mecca
RealGM

Post#297 » by Mecca » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:38 pm

I'll be a broken record, I don't care. Last off-season was the perfect year to bargain shop for young rotational pieces instead of trying to win now.

Seth Curry - 2 years // 6 million
Tim Frazier 2 years // 4 million
Moe Harkless 4 years // 40 million
Dwayne Dedmon 2 years // 6 million
Brooklyn Nets
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#298 » by dakomish23 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Yes! Another PG potentially off the market this summer. Don't f this up PJax take one in the draft

George Hill, Jazz In Talks On Extension
FEB 28, 2017 1:06 PM

The Utah Jazz and George Hill are engaged in talks on a contract extension before Tuesday's deadline.

Hill has recently declined to discuss a potential contract extension but told ESPN in November that he was "very interested" in the idea. Sources said the Jazz are determined to keep Hill for the long term even if extension terms can't be reached Tuesday and Hill decides he would rather test the open market starting July 1.

The Jazz can give Hill the remainder of their cap space this season and an extension of up to three years with annual raises of 7.5 percent.

The best offer Utah can make Hill is for $88.3 million to be committed to the Jazz through the 2019-20 season, which computes to a three-year, $74.7 million extension plus $13.6 million this season.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#299 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Watching ESPN and everyone is still **** on the Kings for the Cousins trade. Call me crazy but I dont think Its a terrible trade. I actually kinda like it for the Kings. There is a very good chance the Pelicans don't make the playoffs, so the Kings get a lottery pick, they also get Buddy Hield, who was just a lottery pick last year and its way too soon to call him a bust. Thibs actually said recently he's a "big fan" of Hield and that he'd have a terrific career. The most important part of the deal, IMO, is that the Kings got rid of Cousins in order to keep their pick this year; they were winning too many games to keep their pick with Cousins, and dealing their best player was the best chance at keeping a top 10 pick in a loaded draft.

So essentially the Kings got:
Hield
potentially 2 Lottery picks in 2017 (one of which is top 10, and the other from the Pelicans is currently at #6)
Galloway (solid bench piece)

doubt they resign Evans

The Kings could potentially have 2 top 10 picks. I'm jealous, especially in this draft
Mecca
RealGM

Post#300 » by Mecca » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:14 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:Watching ESPN and everyone is still **** on the Kings for the Cousins trade. Call me crazy but I dont think Its a terrible trade. I actually kinda like it for the Kings. There is a very good chance the Pelicans don't make the playoffs, so the Kings get a lottery pick, they also get Buddy Hield, who was just a lottery pick last year and its way too soon to call him a bust. Thibs actually said recently he's a "big fan" of Hield and that he'd have a terrific career. The most important part of the deal, IMO, is that the Kings got rid of Cousins in order to keep their pick this year; they were winning too many games to keep their pick with Cousins, and dealing their best player was the best chance at keeping a top 10 pick in a loaded draft.

So essentially the Kings got:
Hield
potentially 2 Lottery picks in 2017 (one of which is top 10, and the other from the Pelicans is currently at #6)
Galloway (solid bench piece)

doubt they resign Evans

The Kings could potentially have 2 top 10 picks. I'm jealous, especially in this draft

Nahh, still an awful trade. Hield doesn't go top 10 in this years draft. Demarcus is a top 15 talent in the NBA entering his prime. Bad asset management.
Brooklyn Nets

Return to New York Knicks