ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#561 » by Meat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:16 pm

god i sincerely hope they dont go after anyone over 23-24
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,305

Post#562 » by DOT » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Meat wrote:god i sincerely hope they dont go after anyone over 23-24

Yes, because no rebuilding team in the history of ever has signed anyone over 24.
You won't get anyone under the age of 24 that's any good unless you're willing to pay a sh*tload, and even then, they're a RFA so most likely their original team is gonna max them
I don't know where people get this idea that the only way for us to rebuild is to only ever sign young players, that's just not something teams do
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
falcindor
General Manager
And1: 144

Post#563 » by falcindor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:53 am

Knicks trade #7 , Courtney Lee, Lance Thomas for Mike Conley

Knicks sign Ben McLemore

Knicks trade Carmelo Anthony + Plumlee for Enes Kanter + Victor Oladipo
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#564 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:36 am

falcindor wrote:Knicks trade #7 , Courtney Lee, Lance Thomas for Mike Conley

Knicks sign Ben McLemore

Knicks trade Carmelo Anthony + Plumlee for Enes Kanter + Victor Oladipo

Absolutely not. Aside from the fact that Melo says "no" to OKC and Memphis isn't trading Conley.
Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#565 » by Knickerbock » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Knicks need to rebuild at least 2 more years.. And just because you have cap space... doesn't mean you NEED to spend it..

Don't sign any big contracts yet.. We are not ready to compete and it will only hurt next years tank..

Only sign low key young players that other teams seem to have overlooked
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#566 » by dakomish23 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:25 pm

Coon & Pincus did a podcast on projected cap space. It's not exact as they kept some cap holds, didn't include some picks etc. Including the max slots from Duncan Leroux as a point of reference.

Duncan / Leroux

10 year vet
35% of cap - 36 mil starting salary
5 year (7.5% raises) 207 mil
4 year (4.5% raises) 153.7

7-9 year vet
30% of cap - 31 mil starting salary
5 year (7.5% raises) 178 mil
4 year (4.5% raises) 132.4 mil

0-6 year vet (non Rose rule)
25% of cap - 25.8 mil starting salary
5 year (7.5% raises) 148.5 mil
4 year )4.5% raises) 110.3 mil

-----------------------
If
Coon Pincus 4/23 podcast

Room exception 4.3
Non taxpayer MLE 8.4
Biannual exception 3.2

Teams that project to have zero space

CLE
DET
MEM
OKC
POR
CHA
WAS

Team with less than any max cap space

HOU - 12
NOP - 14
MIL - 15
ORL - 16
NYK - 19
TOR - 20
SAS - 23

RFA max cap space

PHX - 27.5
LAL - 28.3 - doesn't include pick
BOS - 29.4
UTA - 30.4

7-9 max cap space

MIN - 32 Pek medical retirement included
ATL - 32 No Millsap
IND - 33 No Teague Miles
BKN - 33
DAL - 35 - opt out of Dirk 25 mil

10+ max cap space

LAC - 37 - no CP3 Blake Reddick
MIA - 42 - if McBob opts out / Bosh gone
DEN - 43 - no Plumlee
CHI - 53 - no Wade no Rondo
PHI - 55
SAC - 57 - if Gay opts out
GSW - ? - lose Curry and Durant

CHA / DET with zero cap space and late lottery picks are ideal trade partners if they're shopping.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#567 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:29 pm

K-DOT wrote:

Yes, because no rebuilding team in the history of ever has signed anyone over 24.
You won't get anyone under the age of 24 that's any good unless you're willing to pay a sh*tload, and even then, they're a RFA so most likely their original team is gonna max them
I don't know where people get this idea that the only way for us to rebuild is to only ever sign young players, that's just not something teams do

People act as if Jrue Holiday is some ancient corpse at 27 years old :lol: There's injury concerns for sure, but he would be the best pg the Knicks have had since Clyde and we'd have him during his entire peak and people scoff at the notion of signing him. Delusional people who have no sense of team building...
koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#568 » by koogiking » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Somehow luck into Markelle Fultz. sign Jrue

Run in 2018 with

Jrue
Fultz
???
KP
Hernangomez

Looks really good. If Melo stays we may be really competitive. If not slot in Justin Holiday at small forward and I still like the teams future..
Meat
Head Coach

Post#569 » by Meat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:46 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

People act as if Jrue Holiday is some ancient corpse at 27 years old :lol: There's injury concerns for sure, but he would be the best pg the Knicks have had since Clyde and we'd have him during his entire peak and people scoff at the notion of signing him. Delusional people who have no sense of team building...

what the **** will his peak do on a 20 win lotto team? or are you content being a 1st round exit for the next 4/5 years?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,305

Post#570 » by DOT » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:51 pm

Meat wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Yes, because no rebuilding team in the history of ever has signed anyone over 24.

what the **** will his peak do on a 20 win lotto team? or are you content being a 1st round exit for the next 4/5 years?

I'm just trying to stop people from setting themselves up for disappointment, cause realistically the only players under 25 we're gonna get that are any good will come from draft picks
I'm not advocating going out and using our cap to try and get a core player, but signing role players around 28 years old for 2 or 3 years is completely normal, and probably what we're gonna do
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#571 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm

Meat wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Yes, because no rebuilding team in the history of ever has signed anyone over 24.

Are you content being a 20 win lotto team for the next 5 years like the Kings or Timberwolves? Jrue Holiday is going to be good for the next 5 years FOH with all this bull you and others are spitting about no one other than 20-24 years old players as if people start declining when they hit 27 or 28 years old . Newsflash if a team is willing to let a 20-24 year old player walk they probably aren't any good in the first place... There's too many benefits to keeping young players on your team for teams to just let those guys walk for no reason. Let's get actual good players in FA and draft our young studs like most of the good teams do.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#572 » by dakomish23 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:32 pm

We don't have the space to offer Jrue a competitive deal. Unless we start trading some of our better vets and take no salary back.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Meat
Head Coach

Post#573 » by Meat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Meat wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Are you content being a 20 win lotto team for the next 5 years like the Kings or Timberwolves? Jrue Holiday is going to be good for the next 5 years FOH with all this bull you and others are spitting about no one other than 20-24 years old players as if people start declining when they hit 27 or 28 years old . Newsflash if a team is willing to let a 20-24 year old player walk they probably aren't any good in the first place... There's too many benefits to keeping young players on your team for teams to just let those guys walk for no reason. Let's get actual good players in FA and draft our young studs like most of the good teams do.

I would LOVE the knicks to be the wolves, everything about them is better than the knicks except location and owner's pockets.
Knickerbock
Sixth Man

Post#574 » by Knickerbock » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:21 pm

dakomish23 wrote:We don't have the space to offer Jrue a competitive deal. Unless we start trading some of our better vets and take no salary back.

Why on earth would you want Jrue Holiday right now... WHY..?

This team is absolutely dysfunctional and there is no point in going after a bandaid...

Best case scenario is first round sweep in the playoffs and not have a lottery pick next year.. :banghead:
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#575 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Knickerbock wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:We don't have the space to offer Jrue a competitive deal. Unless we start trading some of our better vets and take no salary back.

This team is absolutely dysfunctional and there is no point in going after a bandaid...

Best case scenario is first round sweep in the playoffs and not have a lottery pick next year.. :banghead:

Because he's actually a good young player... Jrue Holiday is a band aid.. y'all crack me up. Keep trading away chit and drafting the Jerian Grant's of the world because hey he's young new and shiny!!! Forget about actual talent and skill level... :banghead:

Y'all cry that we don't have a good-fitting team every year and have zero defense, but then y'all don't want to pay money to fix chit so we keep throwing chit against the wall hoping it sticks instead of going after the right guys. Jrue Holiday is an elite pg defender who will be good for the next 5-7 years, but leave it to this board and he might as well be an ancient corpse that is going to lead us nowhere.

Ya'll wanna model the warriors "doing it the right way" bs? You have to sign/trade for some actually good players and stop bargain hunting all the damn time. They signed/traded for Iggy, Bogut, Pachulia, Livingston, Barbosa, etc. etc. Mostly defensive minded dudes who complemented their stars they drafted. When have we ever done anything like that? If we draft a pg, I understand not signing Jrue Holiday, but I'll be god damned if I'll be told that Jrue Holiday isn't a good fit, especially, with his running mate being KP.
Knickerbock
Sixth Man

Post#576 » by Knickerbock » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Knickerbock wrote:

Because he's actually a good young player... Jrue Holiday is a band aid.. y'all crack me up. Keep trading away chit and drafting the Jerian Grant's of the world because hey he's young new and shiny!!! Forget about actual talent and skill level... :banghead:

Y'all cry that we don't have a good-fitting team every year and have zero defense, but then y'all don't want to pay money to fix chit so we keep throwing chit against the wall hoping it sticks instead of going after the right guys. Jrue Holiday is an elite pg defender who will be good for the next 5-7 years, but leave it to this board and he might as well be an ancient corpse that is going to lead us nowhere.

Ya'll wanna model the warriors "doing it the right way" bs? You have to sign/trade for some actually good players and stop bargain hunting all the damn time. They signed/traded for Iggy, Bogut, Pachulia, Livingston, Barbosa, etc. etc. Mostly defensive minded dudes who complemented their stars they drafted. When have we ever done anything like that? If we draft a pg, I understand not signing Jrue Holiday, but I'll be god damned if I'll be told that Jrue Holiday isn't a good fit, especially, with his running mate being KP.

Knicks just tried applying a bandaid and try to win now... (Derrick Rose, Courtney Lee, Noah)... It has not worked for the last 15+ years with this team... Jure Holiday is no different... He is and always will be an injury risk who will command a lot of money. He is a good player but is not going to bring much change to this franchise.

Knicks need to forget the win now garbage that has failed over and over for them. Knicks need to finally try to build a young core for a change. Golden State was able to go for the guys they have because of the core they had built through the draft... Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes.
Meat
Head Coach

Post#577 » by Meat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:49 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Knickerbock wrote:

right, they did all of those deals(maybe not bogut) after their big 3 was in place. and they did so by sucking and drafting. The knicks have 1 piece, maybe 1.5 if you count willy of a core. They're not 3 defensive pieces from a dynasty, they're 3 defensive pieces away from a 1st round knockout
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#578 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:51 pm

Meat wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Knickerbock wrote:

right, they did all of those deals(maybe not bogut) after their big 3 was in place. and they did so by sucking and drafting. The knicks have 1 piece, maybe 1.5 if you count willy of a core. They're not 3 defensive pieces from a dynasty, they're 3 defensive pieces away from a 1st round knockout

And all of their pieces were drafted outside of the top 5...They didn't just suck and magically become good. Draymond Green was a second rounder. Draft well and sign well and you become a good team. It's very simple and it's something this god forsaken franchise has sucked at doing for a long time.
MKCATL
Starter
And1: 707

Post#579 » by MKCATL » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:50 pm

If OKC and Westbrook both mutually decided it was best to part ways what would you give up to get him? KP + Future 1 ?
"I am by no means an expert in basketball." -James Dolan
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#580 » by sportscrazy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:02 pm

https://dailyknicks.com/2017/04/24/knicks-kristaps-porzingis-trade-rumors/

Obviously a bad source and most likely 100% not accurate, but on the trade board a T'Wolves fan suggested they would give the Knicks Andrew Wiggins, Kris Dunn and the 6th Overall Pick to put Porzingis next to Towns.

Knicks could draft Tatum and Markkanen at 6 and 7 then trade 'Melo for the best young bench pieces possible.

C-Guillermo Hernangomez
PF-Lauri Markkanen
SF-Jayson Tatum
SG-Andrew Wiggins
PG-Kris Dunn

We're just lacking that Alpha player, but everything else would be set up nicely for when we get him. Maybe Ayton in the 2018 draft?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.

Return to New York Knicks