ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Capn'O, King of Canada, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC

User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 11,645
And1: 6,725
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1001 » by King of Canada » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:16 pm

Amsterdam wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
boomann21 wrote:Wait you guys think KP will end up being better than Ball? That Is a interesting stance. Will bookmark this so we can have discussions in the near future.



Lonzo is already better than Porzingis. Always take Knicks fans opinions on individual player with a grain of salt. Everyone on the team is great, they just don't produce wins somehow.



say whaaaaaaaaat? :D


Image


Billy Goat Gruff :D
BAF Pacers
J. Calderon/F. Mason/J. Lucas
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
J. Green/C. Osman
L. MarkkanenJ. Hill
K. Porzingis/Hibbert

IR B. Knight, H. Giles, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson
User avatar
Hemispheres
Veteran
Posts: 2,905
And1: 954
Joined: Dec 17, 2008
 

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1002 » by Hemispheres » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:22 pm

boomann21 wrote:Wait you guys think KP will end up being better than Ball? That Is a interesting stance. Will bookmark this so we can have discussions in the near future.


Assuming both stay healthy, 100% yes KP will be the better player. Much bigger impact on defense. Lonzo is trash on D. KP also a more versatile offensive player. Read the reddit thread about this rumor and even the majority of Laker fans want KP over Lonzo.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 22,393
And1: 11,553
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1003 » by dakomish23 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 pm

aq_ua wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Looks like you didn't watch the game, but only saw the box score. That's too bad, because you missed all KP did for the team. Passes that weren't for assists, passes that were for assists but the shots weren't made, driving and kicking the ball out. He basically change the nature of the game on both ends of the floor. His +/- was a game high 21.

Sometimes you have to see the game because the stats don't tell the whole story.

What was he bad at? He missed a ton of 3's and his foul shooting was poor. And about fouls, he had only 1 PF, but was fouled 8 times.


I 100% agree with your logic. My question is why can't we use this logic for ALL our players?

KP's team won.


So if KP's team lost, all of the good he did doesn't exist anymore.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
Amsterdam
Analyst
Posts: 3,025
And1: 1,552
Joined: Feb 18, 2016
       

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1004 » by Amsterdam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:



Image
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 22,393
And1: 11,553
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1005 » by dakomish23 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Looks like you didn't watch the game, but only saw the box score. That's too bad, because you missed all KP did for the team. Passes that weren't for assists, passes that were for assists but the shots weren't made, driving and kicking the ball out. He basically change the nature of the game on both ends of the floor. His +/- was a game high 21.

Sometimes you have to see the game because the stats don't tell the whole story.

What was he bad at? He missed a ton of 3's and his foul shooting was poor. And about fouls, he had only 1 PF, but was fouled 8 times.


I 100% agree with your logic. My question is why can't we use this logic for ALL our players?


Like who?


ALL = everyone
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 15,127
And1: 2,080
Joined: May 08, 2002
Location: Optimistic but realistic

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1006 » by aq_ua » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:00 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
I 100% agree with your logic. My question is why can't we use this logic for ALL our players?

KP's team won.


So if KP's team lost, all of the good he did doesn't exist anymore.

The opposite, if Melo's Knicks teams won, everything he does would be viewed positively and you know it.
User avatar
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,786
And1: 7,301
Joined: Aug 18, 2013

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1007 » by Bill Pidto » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:16 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
I 100% agree with your logic. My question is why can't we use this logic for ALL our players?


Like who?


ALL = everyone


This is you in a Porzingis thread crying over the injustices Melo faces in NY:

Image

What the hell don't you understand, bro? Would you like someone to draw you a picture with crayons to help you get it?

KP is young and a unique talent that we just drafted in 2015. He's the future of the franchise and one of the future mega stars of the NBA. Stop complaining about how Melo is treated in comparison. It's an absurd comparison to make, with drastically different circumstances and a drastically different set of rules for many OBVIOUS reasons. The constant attempts to defend this man's honor is pathetic and destructive to the forum. Seriously.

Nobody who came to this thread to see how KP is playing overseas gives a damn about Melo and the standards he's held to. That motherf*cker is as good as gone and rightfully so. WHO CARES

If you wanna taste Melo's dick so bad, move to Houston and become a stripper. That's your best shot. I'm rooting for ya, cupcake.
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1008 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:24 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
boomann21 wrote:Wait you guys think KP will end up being better than Ball? That Is a interesting stance. Will bookmark this so we can have discussions in the near future.



Lonzo is already better than Porzingis. Always take Knicks fans opinions on individual player with a grain of salt. Everyone on the team is great, they just don't produce wins somehow.

Ban this guy..

Awww.... even though I don't like trolls, it's sad to ban them when they're just little baby trolls.
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1009 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:26 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
I 100% agree with your logic. My question is why can't we use this logic for ALL our players?

KP's team won.


So if KP's team lost, all of the good he did doesn't exist anymore.

Anthony Davis stinks, too. And Towns hasn't won in the past two years... he's garbage. Shall I go on? :lol:
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1010 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Amsterdam wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:



Image

Even though he played very well, these were little Polish boys. Not great big strong NBA types, like Brooklyn.
And as you also know, he was 1 of 5 on the floor at any time, so that video you posted is awesome.
Image
Basketball1981
Sophomore
Posts: 152
And1: 82
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1011 » by Basketball1981 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Amsterdam wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:



Image


Really glad to have KP here. Such a special talent. I really just hope we are able to turn things around soon. Must really suck for KP to have losing season after losing season.
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1012 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
Like who?


ALL = everyone


This is you in a Porzingis thread crying over the injustices Melo faces in NY:

Image

What the hell don't you understand, bro? Would you like someone to draw you a picture with crayons to help you get it?

KP is young and a unique talent that we just drafted in 2015. He's the future of the franchise and one of the future mega stars of the NBA. Stop complaining about how Melo is treated in comparison. It's an absurd comparison to make, with drastically different circumstances and a drastically different set of rules for many OBVIOUS reasons. The constant attempts to defend this man's honor is pathetic and destructive to the forum. Seriously.

Nobody who came to this thread to see how KP is playing overseas gives a damn about Melo and the standards he's held to. That motherf*cker is as good as gone and rightfully so. WHO CARES

If you wanna taste Melo's dick so bad, move to Houston and become a stripper. That's your best shot. I'm rooting for ya, cupcake.

Bill Pidto found his groove!
Image
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 59,399
And1: 15,503
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1013 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:If you wanna taste Melo's dick so bad, move to Houston and become a stripper. That's your best shot. I'm rooting for ya, cupcake.

Well damn.
Image
User avatar
Adelheid
Veteran
Posts: 2,645
And1: 872
Joined: Jul 10, 2014
 

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1014 » by Adelheid » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Heh, Bill Pidto going ham.
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 20,487
And1: 5,488
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1015 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:49 pm

This goat needs to be tethered
A new era or error?
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 22,393
And1: 11,553
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1016 » by dakomish23 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
Like who?


ALL = everyone


This is you in a Porzingis thread crying over the injustices Melo faces in NY:

Image

What the hell don't you understand, bro? Would you like someone to draw you a picture with crayons to help you get it?

KP is young and a unique talent that we just drafted in 2015. He's the future of the franchise and one of the future mega stars of the NBA. Stop complaining about how Melo is treated in comparison. It's an absurd comparison to make, with drastically different circumstances and a drastically different set of rules for many OBVIOUS reasons. The constant attempts to defend this man's honor is pathetic and destructive to the forum. Seriously.

Nobody who came to this thread to see how KP is playing overseas gives a damn about Melo and the standards he's held to. That motherf*cker is as good as gone and rightfully so. WHO CARES

If you wanna taste Melo's dick so bad, move to Houston and become a stripper. That's your best shot. I'm rooting for ya, cupcake.


I love it when pansies try to act tough behind a computer screen.

Surprising that an insecure bitchmade dude like you makes it about Melo. Is Melo included in everyone? Yep. Am I talking about him exclusively? Nope. Fair weather fans like you look for a scapegoat at every turn. It even happens to KP.

I don't know what's more sad and pathetic. The fact that this happens so often or mindless sheep like you think this is "real" fandom.

I defend the best players on this team while morons absolve the failures of the FO. I do it for KP too while so many were ready to trade him around the draft. Now it typical fashion they're back on the bandwagon.

It's funny how often you bring up Melo's dick. Bored of joining lemon parties with Phil's wrinkly dick down your throat and drooping balls on your chin? Doesn't look like Melo would be interested, but I'm sure you can give Bosh a call. Make sure to bring your A game princess. Don't treat it like one of your weekend benders in the village.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 12,345
And1: 9,809
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1017 » by DaGawd » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Image
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,280
And1: 10,733
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1018 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Bill got that one. KP had a really good game using it to cape for Melo disguising it as "all" when all on the team does not have the scoring ability that only two players on the team currently has was easily recognized.
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
User avatar
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,786
And1: 7,301
Joined: Aug 18, 2013

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1019 » by Bill Pidto » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:03 pm

Image
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 81,726
And1: 34,603
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: JWO Running this Sh*t!

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1020 » by god shammgod » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:07 pm

the one thing annoying about that video is how much kp ate off of a point guard setting him up and knowing the knicks still haven't found a half decent point guard. oh well.
Image

Return to New York Knicks