ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1061 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:05 am

K-DOT wrote:
MrOrange wrote:OK, everyone by now knows that Billy Goat does not like KP. Fine. But don't be ridiculous. Lonzo has yet to play a single game in the league. after he does, we can talk. If that boy does not change his shot mechanics, it cries trouble.

His shot shouldn't be too much trouble if he's just taking set shots or driving left

Dude won't be able to make pull up jumpers driving right without changing that shot though

It's ok - in the Nice Basketball Association, defenders won't ever take advantage of his offensive challenges driving right or shooting off the dribble.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#1062 » by magnumt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:06 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I think the "competition" angle really doesn't hold much weight. KP playing in his league certainly isn't playing amongst NBA talent, no different than the season Lonzo had in college against players who likely wont make the NBA.

Ultimately it all comes down to development in the league that matters...the NBA.

KP can have a terrific career. Lonzo can as well.

The dude was saying Lonzo's production in college counts for more than KP's in the NBA

I think he's saying it was more impressive, others brought up the playing against grown men part, so really I was commenting on all of it combined. Either way, I don't agree with the sentiment.

Performance of the individual shouldn't be discounted just because of the competition faced at the time.

Ultimately, Porzingis is doing what he SHOULD be doing, and that is DOMINATE supposedly weaker competition. All the too guys do it, most of the time.

He isn't playing down to his competition and is pacing himself nicely. A stat line of 24/12/2/2 in just 28 minutes while not even going 100% is PHENOMENAL (regardless of whom the opponents were).

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1063 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:10 am

magnumt wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
GONYK wrote:
The dude was saying Lonzo's production in college counts for more than KP's in the NBA

I think he's saying it was more impressive, others brought up the playing against grown men part, so really I was commenting on all of it combined. Either way, I don't agree with the sentiment.

Performance of the individual shouldn't be discounted just because of the competition faced at the time.

Ultimately, Porzingis is doing what he SHOULD be doing, and that is DOMINATE supposedly weaker competition. All the too guys do it, most of the time.

He isn't playing down to his competition and is pacing himself nicely. A stat line of 24/12/2/2 in just 28 minutes while not even going 100% is PHENOMENAL (regardless of whom the opponents were).

Totally agree.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#1064 » by Marty McFly » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:15 am

Billy Goat wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:Lonzo played kids, most of who won't snif the NBA, and was on a team that catered to him. KP played grown men, and former NBA players, in a league that doesn't develop young players

The league KP came from is unquestionably better than the NCAA

WHat percentage of current NBA players are from the Spanish league vs NCAA Division 1? We being serious here?

you're obviously not. do you know how many d1 school there are? how many acb teams there are? you're one of the last people who's opinion should be taken seriously when it comes to kp.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,425

Post#1065 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:41 am

I hope KP stuffs the **** out of Lonzo.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#1066 » by Billy Goat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:44 am

Marty McFly wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
GONYK wrote:
The league KP came from is unquestionably better than the NCAA

WHat percentage of current NBA players are from the Spanish league vs NCAA Division 1? We being serious here?

you're obviously not. do you know how many d1 school there are? how many acb teams there are? you're one of the last people who's opinion should be taken seriously when it comes to kp.

Pac 10, a major conference. The competition Lonzo was going up against was fine. Porzingis, over the last two years has not shot efficiently enough nor has he rebounded well enough. Lonzo's projections imo, are better than Porzingis'.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,425

Post#1067 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:47 am

Does Lonzos projections project to be a better defensive player than KP? I love how you're only capable of bringing up rebounds and efficiency.

KP projects to be a better defender and scorer than Lonzo
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#1068 » by magnumt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:51 am

Billy Goat wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Pac 10, a major conference. The competition Lonzo was going up against was fine. Porzingis, over the last two years has not shot efficiently enough nor has he rebounded well enough. Lonzo's projections imo, are better than Porzingis'.

The 29 other NBA Teams are sufficiently superior competition than that from which Lonzo faced.

15/8/6 in 36 games for Ball.

So yeah. :thumbsup:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1069 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:06 am

Billy Goat wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

You keep saying the same thing over and over again, even though people who know a lot more than you have told you this is not right. Can you not learn from others here? Or do you purposely like to keep putting forth this same stuff over and over just to troll the board?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1070 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:07 am

magnumt wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:you're obviously not. do you know how many d1 school there are? how many acb teams there are? you're one of the last people who's opinion should be taken seriously when it comes to kp.

The 29 other NBA Teams are sufficiently superior competition than that from which Lonzo faced.

15/8/6 in 36 games for Ball.

So yeah. :thumbsup:

But...but... the Pac 10 is a major conference. And the NBA is only, well, just the NBA. It doesn't even have a number in its name, and only 3 letters. So there!

Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#1071 » by Billy Goat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:22 am

BKlutch wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:you're obviously not. do you know how many d1 school there are? how many acb teams there are? you're one of the last people who's opinion should be taken seriously when it comes to kp.

You keep saying the same thing over and over again, even though people who know a lot more than you have told you this is not right. Can you not learn from others here? Or do you purposely like to keep putting forth this same stuff over and over just to troll the board?

Knicks fans overrating their own talent has been going on forever. It's frustrating to me as a fellow fan. There are certain box score stats that correlate highly to winning- efficiency being the #1 thing. Porzingis efficiency numbers have been a little below average when considering his position/height. Being so dismissive of Lonzo is ridiculous imo, considering the freshman year he had...I personally think he's going to be awesome. Porzingis can obviously improve, but this notion that he's an untouchable star right now is absurd. The object here is to win right?
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1072 » by dakomish23 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 am

aq_ua wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
aq_ua wrote:KP's team won.

So if KP's team lost, all of the good he did doesn't exist anymore.

The opposite, if Melo's Knicks teams won, everything he does would be viewed positively and you know it.

if a player has a good game and the team loses I don't think it diminishes what that player brought to the table. We all saw the highlights. If Latvia loses that game, it doesn't diminish the game KP had.

This has to nothing to do with Melo specifically. I didn't make it about him, the Melo obsessed did. He's most likely not going to be here next year.

No matter who's in that orange and blue jersey, we always blame guys who did their role. It will happen again this year too. Maybe you won't do it but it will happen.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1073 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:36 am

Billy Goat wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Knicks fans overrating their own talent has been going on forever. It's frustrating to me as a fellow fan. There are certain box score stats that correlate highly to winning- efficiency being the #1 thing. Porzingis efficiency numbers have been a little below average when considering his position/height. Being so dismissive of Lonzo is ridiculous imo, considering the freshman year he had...I personally think he's going to be awesome. Porzingis can obviously improve, but this notion that he's an untouchable star right now is absurd. The object here is to win right?

We were talking about Porzingis vs. Ball, not about Knicks fans overrating their talent. That's another issue.

Porzingis's numbers have compared favorable with other bigs in their first two years, but of course not with more established stars. You simply cherry picked wrong data to look at.

People haven't been dismissive of Lonzo, but have been very dismissive of Levar and of Big Bawler. They have said they don't know how he'll do in the NBA until they see him play. He may do well, but we can't actually know that.

To write what you did about Ball and also that to write, "This notion that he's [Porzingis] is an untouchable star right now..." is called using a a straw man argument. It's the logical fallacy that occurs when you raise an argument that nobody else did, because it's easier to attack. I'm not certain who, if anybody, in the NBA is an untouchable star now.

Because of what I mentioned in the four above paragraphs, you look like a troll to me. A baby troll, perhaps, but a troll nevertheless. Why do you think people either ignore you or just disagree with you? (In general, of course).

If you'd like to be successful here, you're going to have to do things a bit differently. Very few people would feel like putting in much effort to argue (discuss) things with you if this is how you do it. Even I feel that, having explained this to you, it wouldn't be worth my time to engage with you unless you choose the argue constructively with us. [Note: it's NOT your point of view I'm discussing here, it's only how you argue it.]

DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#1074 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:19 pm

When does KP play next? Offseason is a real bore, we need our youngins to play..
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1075 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:38 pm

tuna108 wrote:When does KP play next? Offseason is a real bore, we need our youngins to play..

The NBA season starts in October.

KP played for the Latvian National Team last Friday, and he's playing with them again this weekend.

HuuHaa
Rookie
And1: 91

Post#1076 » by HuuHaa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:41 pm

tuna108 wrote:When does KP play next? Offseason is a real bore, we need our youngins to play..

Saturday 19th vs. Lithuania
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#1077 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Apples vs Oranges - which is better. Defend.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#1078 » by waya » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:I hope KP stuffs the **** out of Lonzo.

When Lonzo isn't shooting ill advised bricks from 30 feet out he will 100% be getting his **** stuffed by KP
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1079 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:16 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Apples vs Oranges - which is better. Defend.

Everybody knows Apples are better because they look nicer. They also have a better record in the Grapefruit League than Oranges do. Their color is better - of course. Everybody says it. Even their sneakers look cool.

ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#1080 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Return to New York Knicks