ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1221 » by Greenie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:24 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
I think this season will be huge too. Last season he was scratching all star consideration even after having some bad games, a crappy pg, no good looks, and missing some games. KP playing crappy is 18ppg. We're going to see him be an AS this year for sure.

You guys seem very sure of this. I hope you're right. I have my hot sauce ready for crow...

KP has my vote for AS. I vote for all Knick players anyway.

I remember you even voted for Failderon :rofl2:

The East just lost two of their top 5 players in George / Butler (other 3 Lebron Giannis Wall) IMO. Maybe Hayward takes one spot if he takes another leap. But KP could take a spot. I'm so over the top on this kid's potential if used correctly :lol:

You know how I feel about my Knicks. :lol:

I hope you guys are right but I see one major issue....

The coaching staff. Heffe and Rambitch are detrimental to all of our players. I don't like them.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,398

Post#1222 » by dakomish23 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:24 pm

King of Canada wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

That's fair, but one thing we don't want is to see more of what we saw last year and watch stock drop.

I think he's going to have a huge season. So much of what held him back - a PG with blinders, running the triangle, etc - is out of the picture.

I think this season will be huge too. Last season he was scratching all star consideration even after having some bad games, a crappy pg, no good looks, and missing some games. KP playing crappy is 18ppg. We're going to see him be an AS this year for sure.

Yeah I'm positive on that too.

The biggest hindrance has been the PG play. These dudes either ignore him when he's wide open off the screen or they pass it too late and the defense has recovered. If Frank / Sessions & to a lesser extent Melo / THJ can hit him correctly when he's open, this kid could hit the 25 PPG mark.

Another thing I hope him & this team realizes is that him forcing a back down in the post isn't necessary. He's so much better facing up on guys. I hope he turns and faces after getting the ball in the post instead of trying to back them down. He has the speed to get by and the high shot release to shoot over them.

Im excited to see his progression next year. I don't need it to turn into W's right away.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Post#1223 » by Sark » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:
Greenie wrote:

You never received an elite talent back though.

Kyrie will take this team from Melo. No questions will be asked. Melo ain't gonna pass a thing. Kyrie is simply going to take it.

Uncle Drew at the Mecca? Awwwww ****!!

That isn't trolling. It's simply something you don't like.

It's trolling because you're saying something completely unfounded, and just for the sake of pushing buttons, and getting people upset.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1224 » by Greenie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Sark wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:

It's trolling because you're saying something completely unfounded, and just for the sake of pushing buttons, and getting people upset.

WTF are you talking about?
You're the one trolling now. Nothing I said was trolling. Stop it.

Kyrie would take this team from Melo. He's a better player.

If you don't like what I have to say you know what to do. Put me on that ignore list.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1225 » by dakomish23 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 pm

King of Canada wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

That's fair, but one thing we don't want is to see more of what we saw last year and watch stock drop.

I think he's going to have a huge season. So much of what held him back - a PG with blinders, running the triangle, etc - is out of the picture.

Yeah I'm positive on that too.

The biggest hindrance has been the PG play. These dudes either ignore him when he's wide open off the screen or they pass it too late and the defense has recovered. If Frank / Sessions & to a lesser extent Melo / THJ / WHG can hit him correctly when he's open, this kid could hit the 25 PPG mark.

Another thing I hope him & this team realizes is that him forcing a back down in the post isn't necessary. He's so much better facing up on guys. I hope he turns and faces after getting the ball in the post instead of trying to back them down. He has the speed to get by and the high shot release to shoot over them.

Im excited to see his progression next year & I don't need it to turn into W's right away. Those will come as the other guys progress.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#1226 » by KnicksGod » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:27 pm

I think PG play is key for KP but maybe we still don't have one on the roster. Frank too young to help him a lot.

That's why I prefer the triangle. Yep I said it.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1227 » by dakomish23 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:53 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I think PG play is key for KP but maybe we still don't have one on the roster. Frank too young to help him a lot.

That's why I prefer the triangle. Yep I said it.

We could actually run it a whole lot better now with the current composition of the roster.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#1228 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:54 pm

melo + young star (Frank) is all i would be willing to give up for Kyrie
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#1229 » by KnicksGod » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Sorry to be a late summer jerk but y'all need to greatly dial back expectations of Frank across the board.

He didn't stand out a lot in a weak league overseas and is 18. I think he could get to really good but better chance than not that he's only so-so.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1230 » by dakomish23 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:58 pm

Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:
Greenie wrote:

WTF are you talking about?
You're the one trolling now. Nothing I said was trolling. Stop it.

Kyrie would take this team from Melo. He's a better player.

If you don't like what I have to say you know what to do. Put me on that ignore list.

The instructions are in your avatar :lol:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,032

Post#1231 » by Besart19 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:23 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

You guys seem very sure of this. I hope you're right. I have my hot sauce ready for crow...

The East just lost two of their top 5 players in George / Butler (other 3 Lebron Giannis Wall) IMO. Maybe Hayward takes one spot if he takes another leap. But KP could take a spot. I'm so over the top on this kid's potential if used correctly :lol:

KP needs a coach like Carlisle and a PG like Paul to reach and play up to his potential.
Strength and Honour!
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1232 » by dakomish23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:39 am

Besart19 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

KP needs a coach like Carlisle and a PG like Paul to reach and play up to his potential.

Instead he has Rambis & Sessions :rofl2:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,621

Post#1233 » by Wolfgang630 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 am

KnicksGod wrote:Sorry to be a late summer jerk but y'all need to greatly dial back expectations of Frank across the board.

He didn't stand out a lot in a weak league overseas and is 18. I think he could get to really good but better chance than not that he's only so-so.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frank doesn't turn out to be much. I hope he turns out good though.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1234 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

But they wouldn't have Rambis and Sessions if they weren't really good.

Spoiler:
Naw naw naw naw

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#1235 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 am

ChaosHamster wrote:Btw, for everyone to overreact.

Remember KP tried to hit that Croatian girl who rejected him a put it on social media? There were even articles about it in USA media. So he tried to hit her again..

Spoiler:

You see corny, desperate dude.

I see a guy who even after a big failure, still tries to reach his goal. 8-)

This is sad, **** has no game. He's a millionaire athlete in the biggest city in the world and he's thirsty for internet thots. He should be swatting these useless women left and right. Somebody tell him you don't put passed around pussy on a pedestal, find a good woman for that once you're done having fun. :lol:

This kid man.....slam all the girls you want, but as a man, father and a brother I think this desperation is lame.. it's not like he has Shelden Williams' face. If he was my family..... :banghead:
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1236 » by dakomish23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:04 am

BKlutch wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:

But they wouldn't have Rambis and Sessions if they weren't really good.

Spoiler:
Naw naw naw naw

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#1237 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:06 am

KnicksGod wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:Btw, for everyone to overreact.

Remember KP tried to hit that Croatian girl who rejected him a put it on social media? There were even articles about it in USA media. So he tried to hit her again..

Spoiler:

You see corny, desperate dude.

I see a guy who even after a big failure, still tries to reach his goal. 8-)

I see a guy who is focused on some things that don't involve playing great and winning games. Now, to be fair, so is everybody. Like eating and going to the bathroom. But some of it seems a little out of the scope of what is ideal. Oh well.

I realize you guys will defend him and that's good. He's the team's best hope by far. Frank is not going to be as good anytime soon, though I have high hopes for Frank too.

A lot of you will be crapping on KP if he doesn't come strong this year. So it's more that my post is mistimed than totally wrong. The truth is I hope it becomes totally wrong.

I like him because when he plays I enjoy watching the team. I was all Gran Torino Clint Eastwood on him all summer too, but then I saw him play vs Poland and remembered why I hope this kid is successful, he's ours, and he's good. If the childish stuff doesn't come in the way, that's fine, if it does, I hope he doesn't lose track. That's all I hope for.....

But if he's JR Smithing at 40/40 on a Tuesday night before a game grinding on big booty bitches and sucks the next day, thennnnn.......... :noway:

I don't think he's that type though....maybe not the good European soldier he came across as during rookie year, more like a Drake loving IG chick chasing young rich kid...and that's fine, it's not his fault we misinterpreted his character....but I don't think he's the type that will let off court stuff bring down his game.

Like one poster pointed out, he is clowning around sometimes in his posts, but he's always in the gym. Now if he was in a hotel room doing this ****........

"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
Basketball1981
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#1238 » by Basketball1981 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:54 am

I have only one question mark in regards to KP. Can he stay healthy longterm? If that answer was a yes , then there are only like 5 players in the league that I'd trade him for. I have 100% confidence in Kristaps the player (along with his work ethic etc.) to become a superstar in the league. Zero doubts about that. However, there is another BIG variable involved in Kristaps' development. That's the Knicks player development and coaching staff.
Like I mentioned in some other post: I don't see Kristaps becoming a top 10 player at the 4. Yes, he can shoot over most opponents at the 4, but do you really want to turn him into a straight jump shooter? I personally don't. I want to see him at the 5 where he can slash more and still shoot. At the 4 he also has to roam around the perimeter chasing around guys that are 6 inches shorter. Not a great look. Kristaps is terrific in guarding the paint. He needs to be there fulltime. No matter who is going up against him, that player will be bothered by Kristaps' length and athleticism. He is among the best defenders within the paint. I hope the coaching staff sees that and puts and end to all these tall line-ups that we saw last year.

Frankly, if we could get the Spurs' development staff and coaching staff here I likely wouldn't trade Kristaps for anyone because you just know they would turn him into a top 5 player in the league. I just hope the young fella stays healthy and the Knicks develop him into the best player he can be. I know there are a couple players (like Kawhi) that I wouldn't be mad if we traded Kristaps for. I just don't have great confidence in our player development and coaching staff. I hope they prove me wrong this season. Keep in mind that Kristaps with his length,offensive ability and work ethic is truly truly something very special. If our staff isn't able to turn him into a top 20 player very soon, then I'll be very dissapointed. Would be a complete waste of a talent.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1239 » by dakomish23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Basketball1981 wrote:I have only one question mark in regards to KP. Can he stay healthy longterm? If that answer was a yes , then there are only like 5 players in the league that I'd trade him for. I have 100% confidence in Kristaps the player (along with his work ethic etc.) to become a superstar in the league. Zero doubts about that. However, there is another BIG variable involved in Kristaps' development. That's the Knicks player development and coaching staff.
Like I mentioned in some other post: I don't see Kristaps becoming a top 10 player at the 4. Yes, he can shoot over most opponents at the 4, but do you really want to turn him into a straight jump shooter? I personally don't. I want to see him at the 5 where he can slash more and still shoot. At the 4 he also has to roam around the perimeter chasing around guys that are 6 inches shorter. Not a great look. Kristaps is terrific in guarding the paint. He needs to be there fulltime. No matter who is going up against him, that player will be bothered by Kristaps' length and athleticism. He is among the best defenders within the paint. I hope the coaching staff sees that and puts and end to all these tall line-ups that we saw last year.

Frankly, if we could get the Spurs' development staff and coaching staff here I likely wouldn't trade Kristaps for anyone because you just know they would turn him into a top 5 player in the league. I just hope the young fella stays healthy and the Knicks develop him into the best player he can be. I know there are a couple players (like Kawhi) that I wouldn't be mad if we traded Kristaps for. I just don't have great confidence in our player development and coaching staff. I hope they prove me wrong this season. Keep in mind that Kristaps with his length,offensive ability and work ethic is truly truly something very special. If our staff isn't able to turn him into a top 20 player very soon, then I'll be very dissapointed. Would be a complete waste of a talent.

1.Who are the 5?
2.'He should be our future 5, if not currently
3. The #1 thing for his development will be getting him a good PG who will make life easier for him on both ends.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,071

Post#1240 » by GONYK » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Basketball1981 wrote:I have only one question mark in regards to KP. Can he stay healthy longterm? If that answer was a yes , then there are only like 5 players in the league that I'd trade him for. I have 100% confidence in Kristaps the player (along with his work ethic etc.) to become a superstar in the league. Zero doubts about that. However, there is another BIG variable involved in Kristaps' development. That's the Knicks player development and coaching staff.

1.Who are the 5?
2.'He should be our future 5, if not currently
3. The #1 thing for his development will be getting him a good PG who will make life easier for him on both ends.

If only the team prioritized getting a guard who can defend the point of attack from both 1's and 2's, hits open 3's, runs the PnR well, and brings a team first mentality to the position....

Return to New York Knicks