ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1461 » by Adelheid » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:
reub wrote: KP tries to get through the defenses by dribbling through it like a guard. He's much better off at his size to set up inside without the ball, in position for a hook shot or another shot, and then demand the ball when his position is already established.

I disagree somewhat.

It's my opinion that the more versatility KP develops early on, the faster he'll mature into an all-star.

Right now it seems that the cross-over is a little quicker, working nicely with a nice looking 4 footer or bank. PK has been working on his low post face up game since last season. This cross-over move soon enough will become hard for an any opposing 4 to guard other than the elite defenders.

What is agreed upon is that when guarded by a small he needs to run and get position on the block. A running pull up in the lane (ala Dirk), or quick head fake, shake and bake and strong to the basket.
But mannnn, I would love to have KP shooting 200 baby hooks with both hands a day.
Sht, I would have HernanGomez do the same.

That right there a baby hook should be a MAJOR part of his arsenal.

At 7'3", KP's FG% should be over 50% with a basement of 45% (yuck). I'd like to see him in between 50-55%.

I doubt KP gets to be that efficient when a lot of his shots are 3pters. He needs a close/midrange money shot.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#1462 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:17 am

Adelheid wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:
I disagree somewhat.

It's my opinion that the more versatility KP develops early on, the faster he'll mature into an all-star.

Right now it seems that the cross-over is a little quicker, working nicely with a nice looking 4 footer or bank. PK has been working on his low post face up game since last season. This cross-over move soon enough will become hard for an any opposing 4 to guard other than the elite defenders.

What is agreed upon is that when guarded by a small he needs to run and get position on the block. A running pull up in the lane (ala Dirk), or quick head fake, shake and bake and strong to the basket.
But mannnn, I would love to have KP shooting 200 baby hooks with both hands a day.
Sht, I would have HernanGomez do the same.

That right there a baby hook should be a MAJOR part of his arsenal.

At 7'3", KP's FG% should be over 50% with a basement of 45% (yuck). I'd like to see him in between 50-55%.

I doubt KP gets to be that efficient when a lot of his shots are 3pters. He needs a close/midrange money shot.

KP was 49.3% in 2FG% (5 2FGAs/game) and 35.7% in 3FG% (4.8 3FGA/game) in only his second year in the league. That's something we can work with for sure. KP won't even begin to start reaching his peak until his 4th year in the league.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,868

Post#1463 » by Guano » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:10 am

Greenie wrote:
Guano wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
That's perhaps the sweetest and most unique looking shot in the history of the game. And it's practically impossible to block if you learn it right.

IG models aren't answering your DM if you shot underhand FT or do a sky hook

Green font, right?

dead @ss serious
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Guano
RealGM

Post#1464 » by Guano » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:15 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Guano wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
That's perhaps the sweetest and most unique looking shot in the history of the game. And it's practically impossible to block if you learn it right.

Ok, I get the underhanded FTs. Kinda femme. But the Sky Hook? That's OG. Grace and devastation all rolled up in one shot.

I'm not arguing the effectiveness of it, but I'll argue the devastation - it lacks the panache of modern day hoops.

It seems like a moot point anyways. KP has the length, but currently doesn't have the base strength to utilize it.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1465 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:41 am

What if KP had a sky hook tho.... :o
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#1466 » by ChilledAlex » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:28 am

Wait KP still hutning that IG thot?

seriously out of all people an modern day whore?

... very bad taste
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1467 » by Greenie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:41 am

Guano wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Guano wrote:

Green font, right?

dead @ss serious

He's PAID.
Who gives a damn how he shoots Free Throws? Tony Snell got a woman...
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1468 » by Greenie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:43 am

...and who gives a damn about who dude is sleeping with? He's not married and has no kids. Leave that boy alone.
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#1469 » by ChilledAlex » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:33 am

Greenie wrote:...and who gives a damn about who dude is sleeping with? He's not married and has no kids. Leave that boy alone.

Going desperate over someone that has done nothing in their life other than post nudes is a really bad look imo.
Specially if you are quite famous sportsman.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,196

Post#1470 » by Wolfgang630 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:47 pm

KP's new workout video. Dude planning on murdering someone on the court this year lol

fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#1471 » by fatalogic » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:35 pm

ChilledAlex wrote:
Greenie wrote:...and who gives a damn about who dude is sleeping with? He's not married and has no kids. Leave that boy alone.

Going desperate over someone that has done nothing in their life other than post nudes is a really bad look imo.
Specially if you are quite famous sportsman.

You will be very disappointed at 99% of athletes then. Only thing different between a super model and a IG model is where you can view their pictures.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1472 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:KP's new workout video. Dude planning on murdering someone on the court this year lol

Love it. That was one of the areas Hubie Brown talked about, getting manhandled down low. KP is showing that he's LISTENING and addressing the situation. Now, I still say he's a VERY young man and it's going to take time to properly grow into that body. Otherwise, the Sixers will tell you what happens when you listen to management and add too much muscle too fast...if that doesn't convince you, just talk to Greg "Old-en" who Donnie Walsh correctly predicted Oden's demise when he was in the Knicks Front Office.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#1473 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:KP's new workout video. Dude planning on murdering someone on the court this year lol

I got tired watching that. Who threw him down last year and he got in their face? KP didn't forget that shyt! :lol:

He's in that video like :starwars
:beer: RIP mags
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,307

Post#1474 » by Jellybeans » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I got tired watching that. Who threw him down last year and he got in their face? KP didn't forget that shyt! :lol:

Chriss from Suns
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,196

Post#1475 » by Wolfgang630 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:47 pm

He took the video down.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#1476 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Jellybeans wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Chriss from Suns

First Sun's game circled on the calender
Guano
RealGM

Post#1477 » by Guano » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:22 pm

Greenie wrote:
Guano wrote:
Greenie wrote:Green font, right?

dead @ss serious

He's PAID.
Who gives a damn how he shoots Free Throws? Tony Snell got a woman...

you're right - I'll take the L on this one.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1478 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:11 am

Guano wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Guano wrote:

Ok, I get the underhanded FTs. Kinda femme. But the Sky Hook? That's OG. Grace and devastation all rolled up in one shot.

I'm not arguing the effectiveness of it, but I'll argue the devastation - it lacks the panache of modern day hoops.

It seems like a moot point anyways. KP has the length, but currently doesn't have the base strength to utilize it.

Panache? :lol:

Okay.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1479 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:28 am

:noway: KP got no game.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2017/8/24/16197310/knicks-links-kristaps-porzingis-lacks-finesse-with-the-ladies

Read on Twitter

http://nypost.com/2017/08/23/kristaps-porzingis-pursuit-of-18-year-old-model-isnt-going-well/

Kristaps Porzingis knows whom he wants.

Three months after sliding into the DMs of Croatian model Ines Nikic on Instagram, the 7-foot-3 center made a play for the social media stunner once again, weeks after the brunette bombshell turned 18.

“Why does it matters to you that much,” Nikic asked Porzingis about his request for a follow.

“Its a matter of life or death,” he replied.

Though Nikic said she would honor the 22-year-old unicorn’s request, Porzingis didn’t seem convinced.

“I guess u want me to die huh?”

Despite his pleading, Nikic has yet to follow the Knicks superstar on Instagram. It appears she also subtly shaded him with the caption, “Porzingod tryna smash,” on Aug. 14.

Porzingis, who is preparing for the EuroBasket tournament with Latvia, pumped the brakes on his pursuit of Nikic in May after discovering she was only 17 at the time. She later tagged Porzingis in a comment while kissing another man.

“Kristaps who? Are you sleeping peacefully, Kristaps Porzingis?” Nikic wrote.

This isn’t the first time Porzingis has been caught flirting with models online. In February, he eyed up Johnny Manziel’s rumored ex, Abigail Ratchford, on Instagram. She replied to his comment with a set of emoji eyes and a kiss.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#1480 » by Yankeeknickfan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:01 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:I'm not expecting much growth from KP this season tbh. I don't feel like he's doing much and with playing for his team he can only do so much. His 4th season is where I expect him to really make the big jump.

I hope I'm wrong and he makes a big jump this upcoming season.

I agree with you, but it's not from a lack of effort
Imageceltics

Return to New York Knicks