ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

BodyCount
Sixth Man
And1: 602

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1661 » by BodyCount » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:09 am

Where did the post of triggered Latvian guy dissapear?

sorry if you got banned man, I hope it's not a long one, I did deserve that reply :lol:

I do apologize, I pushed it too far, I misjudged it, didn't think it will cause:

or that someone will need a doll because of it:

It's just a game, relax, doesn't matter who wins

Since the game is over and it is what it is (a 103:97 win for us), I think it's best we all focus back on the Knicks and what's best for KP.

I think we all want him to win as many titles as possible. So it's probably in best interest of everyone that he gains as much international experience as possible, during the offseason and gets some international titles. It would be great for his confidence before the season starts. So I think a good idea would be that he joins our national team, just like Randolph.

Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#1662 » by Jstock12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:07 pm

BodyCount wrote:Where did the post of triggered Latvian guy dissapear?

Not to take anything away from Doncic who was phenomenal, but you do realize that if not for the horrible officiating, Latvia would have won that, right? I don't think that anyone who's objective would say the officiating was fair. I don't think that's going to be enough to beat Spain though.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#1663 » by god shammgod » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Basketball1981 wrote:I really hope that the loss of Rose is enough to offset any improvement by KP. I mean just imagine if , despite KP having a say 23/8/2 type of year, we end up with a top 3 pick. Pairing KP with Porter or Doncic etc. would complete 70% of our rebuild right away. That would be a duo we could look forward to for the next 10 years or so. We desperately need that high pick.

you replaced rose's scoring with timmy who's more efficient. don't get your hopes up.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Post#1664 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Come on, if Randolph was doing that to Saric or Ingram or [fill in another teams top young forward], we'd all be cheering him on. Randolph did what he had to. If he could only have played the way he's playing now (he's a top producer overseas) when he was with the Knicks he'd probably still be in the NBA.

That said, I'm super duper excited to see Porzingis 3.0 this season. I'm expecting an All-Star regardless of whether Anthony is on the team or not.

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Re: RE: Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#1665 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
BodyCount wrote:Where did the post of triggered Latvian guy dissapear?

Not to take anything away from Doncic who was phenomenal, but you do realize that if not for the horrible officiating, Latvia would have won that, right?

This is a ridiculous claim.
Basketball1981
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#1666 » by Basketball1981 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Basketball1981 wrote:I really hope that the loss of Rose is enough to offset any improvement by KP. I mean just imagine if , despite KP having a say 23/8/2 type of year, we end up with a top 3 pick. Pairing KP with Porter or Doncic etc. would complete 70% of our rebuild right away. That would be a duo we could look forward to for the next 10 years or so. We desperately need that high pick.

you replaced rose's scoring with timmy who's more efficient. don't get your hopes up.

That may be true. Another reason I hated that Hardaway signing....made literally zero sense. It's like, if he plays great and justifies that contract then he'll surely hurt our draft position a lot. If on the other hand he plays less efficiently so that he doesn't hurt our draft position, then the contract will look terrible. It takes a whole level of incompetency to be in charge for one week and put yourself in a position with a particular signing where you can literally only lose. Well done Mills :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .

But at least we have no solid PG. Baker is not really NBA material, Frank is a rookie and Sessions is 36 years old. I still think the combination of age, inexperience, inability at the PG position will cost us a lot of (close) games next season.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#1667 » by god shammgod » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Basketball1981 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

That may be true. Another reason I hated that Hardaway signing....made literally zero sense. It's like, if he plays great and justifies that contract then he'll surely hurt our draft position a lot. If on the other hand he plays less efficiently so that he doesn't hurt our draft position, then the contract will look terrible. It takes a whole level of incompetency to be in charge for one week and put yourself in a position with a particular signing where you can literally only lose. Well done Mills :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .

But at least we have no solid PG. Baker is not really NBA material, Frank is a rookie and Sessions is 36 years old. I still think the combination of age, inexperience, inability at the PG position will cost us a lot of (close) games next season.

we had no solid pg last year either. don't get me wrong, we won't be any good. but a slightly better team in an overall worse conference. no top 5 pick.
KnicksJesus
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#1668 » by KnicksJesus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:00 pm

And so it begins...

Read on Twitter
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#1669 » by ChilledAlex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:43 pm

We just have to get Doncic, he's bud to our young euro core and is a super talent. This could be the beggining of something truly special
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 15,967

Post#1670 » by Wolfgang630 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:39 pm

KnicksJesus wrote:And so it begins...

Read on Twitter

I was wondering do Euros have to be drafted? Or can they just do walk ons? Lol
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#1671 » by Johnny Firpo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:48 pm

ChilledAlex wrote:We just have to get Doncic, he's bud to our young euro core and is a super talent. This could be the beggining of something truly special

Watching a Frank-Luka-KP trio would be unreal.
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#1672 » by MrOrange » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 am

BodyCount wrote:I **** TOLD YOU WE'll MELT LATVIJA! **** YEAH! WEEEE ARREEEE THE CHAAAAMPIIIIOOONS, WEEE AREEE THE CHAAAMPPIIIOONNSS!!

Not even (Please Use More Appropriate Word) judges could have stopped us! **** FIBA! KP getting non existing fouls... bull! CAN'T **** WIN EVEN WITH CHEATING! Ahhahaha, no pussy for KP!

Suck it LAtvia!

That's some nice trash talk! :)
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,279

Post#1673 » by Jellybeans » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:16 am

MrOrange wrote:
BodyCount wrote:I **** TOLD YOU WE'll MELT LATVIJA! **** YEAH! WEEEE ARREEEE THE CHAAAAMPIIIIOOONS, WEEE AREEE THE CHAAAMPPIIIOONNSS!!

Not even (Please Use More Appropriate Word) judges could have stopped us! **** FIBA! KP getting non existing fouls... bull! CAN'T **** WIN EVEN WITH CHEATING! Ahhahaha, no pussy for KP!

Suck it LAtvia!

That's some nice trash talk! :)

More like,kid with small brain :D
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#1674 » by 2010 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:28 am

KnicksJesus wrote:And so it begins...

Read on Twitter

Is this dude's name really Llulz?

LOL!

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#1675 » by 2010 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:29 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:
ChilledAlex wrote:We just have to get Doncic, he's bud to our young euro core and is a super talent. This could be the beggining of something truly special

So I guess WHG gets no Euro love?

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#1676 » by Johnny Firpo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:50 am

2010 wrote:So I guess WHG gets no Euro love?

No, I like him too, and even Kuz, but they are not as talented. WHG will be an amazing role player throughout his career, but the team will go as far as KP takes them, and maybe Frank, and another high ceiling rookie.
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#1677 » by MrOrange » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:30 am

2010 wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:

So I guess WHG gets no Euro love?

Hard competition against his own teammates
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#1678 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:51 am

Basketball1981 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

I don't get the rose = thjr conversation at all

Rose provided scoring. Sure. But his defense was a major negative. He didn't pass. He froze out Kp. Etc.

Thjr worries the hell out of me but he's not the same type of player as rose at all. Thjr won't dominate the ball. He might play some d. He won't be initiating the offense so he won't be freezing out Kp.

It's an ignorant argument

First off if were worried about the team winning a bunch more games with Hardaway we don't need to. The truth is the team is not strong enough to win more games than they did last year

Worried about Hardaway holding back Kp?
That's almost as foolish as an argument can be
First off the real problem with KP's development is internal
Sure teamates freezing him out and team style of play are factors, but he has to be self-motivated. If he is going to be an all star, like so many people think he is, then he can't eat frozen out by the likes of rose and he has to get his.
Neither hardaway nor melo should be a detriment to this kids growth. You don't see other potential franchise players hurt in their growth by good or selfish players around them. Somehow butler developed fine next to rose, for example.

Hardaway will probably be a better team player than rose. Jesus, if not that's really a disaster.

But this team will still suck.

We will probably get a 5-9 pick and Kp will make significant improvements. As will Willy and others

That's a successful season.

A dream season is improvement all across the board and still getting a top 2 pick
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,880

Post#1679 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Basketball1981 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

That would be ideal, since we'd then have a 25 year old star under contract on a fair deal.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#1680 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
2010 wrote:So I guess WHG gets no Euro love?

No, I like him too, and even Kuz, but they are not as talented. WHG will be an amazing role player throughout his career, but the team will go as far as KP takes them, and maybe Frank, and another high ceiling rookie.

17 and 10 C's are role players now? I would think numbers like that are pretty easy for Willie to get if he gets 28+ mpg

Maybe our definition of role player is different, where you consider it a starter, but basically a replacement level player - as opposed to a star, where I see a role player as a less talented guy\borderline starter, bench guy who is good at just one or two things.

Return to New York Knicks