ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#41 » by poeman » Tue Feb 7, 2017 3:43 pm

He has been sick and hurt by the garbage on this team.

KP is the ultimate team player, he doesnt want Melo gone but the day that ISO machine is gone the unicorn will make beautiful rainbows
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#42 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 7, 2017 3:46 pm

poeman wrote:He has been sick and hurt by the garbage on this team.

KP is the ultimate team player, he doesnt want Melo gone but the day that ISO machine is gone the unicorn will make beautiful rainbows

I think Rose hurts KP even more, but at least he's on a 1 year deal. So far.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,190

Post#43 » by gavran » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:07 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

1 year? 3 more month.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#44 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:17 pm

gavran wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

1 year? 3 more month.

Exactly. Signed for one year; half over already. Thank God.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#45 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:36 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Last night, every one's wet coochie, Nikola Jovic's minutes were cut to 24 min, against Dallas on 2/6 it was 21 min...the coaching staff GOT the message after he aggravated his hip and was out after 15 min vs the Spurs on 2/4.

Oh and for all the "NBA Experts" in this forum, Embiid has been OUT for the last few games. An example of a dumba$$ coach overplaying a guy who is coming back from an injury that kept him out for all of last season...

The Phoenix Suns' Circus act is exciting and makes for splashy highlights and makes Fantasy sports clowns wet like a virgin on Prom Night.

However...

The Phoenix Suns use a short bench and notorious for burning out players. Again, this is a franchise who has won, NOTHING. Not one NBA Championship to crow about.

But...for whatever reason, the NY Knicks KEEPS making trades, signing free agents, and most baffling of all, hiring their ex-coaches.

RUBBISH!

If you re-roll the tape where DJ Jazzy Jeff Hornacek, a coach is a lower winning percentage than Vinny del Negro and David Blatt (I'm not even going to bother with Thibs because we know THAT answer)...is playing KP back to back games 30+ minutes...before, during, and after he injured then re-aggravated his achilles...

That shows me, a coach who cares MORE about himself than the team.

The Knicks have a good bench, USE IT dammit.

As for KP's defense, he's never going to be a 1:1 lockdown defender but he's GOOD at giving help and being a team defender. The Knicks should NEVER have entertained the thought of man on man defense. Again, THAT's the coach's fault...no, the OTHER dildo's fault, Coach Kurt Rambis.

Good post. It's nice to see you and I on the same page, for a change. :D I'm not sure if you missed the discussion in last week's around the NBA thread, but there was one poster who failed miserably in arguing that more minutes does not make your body more susceptible to injuries. :nonono: We never should have signed Horny in the first place, but so many people were victims of the moment and thought just because he was better than Rambis, he was going to be good. Well, all of those people were wrong. I'm not sure if I said this before, but Fisher has been a bette coach than Horny, IMO. Blatt was the easy choice, and Phil failed...again...but that's for another thread.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#46 » by shtolky » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:38 pm

I was completely wrong when I said that Rose wouldn't negatively impact KP. I didn't think he would be shut out by Melo and Rose to this extent (ok maybe not shut out, but certainly not involved as he should be). When Rose is in the game with KP it's as if he actively looks him off, it's very bizarre. Melo ISO has gotten worse, and KP is just too nice of a kid right now to really say anything (though I heard he did open his mouth last night about ISO ball). He idolized Melo as a kid and now he plays with him, so he certainly will defer. I think once Rose and Melo are gone, KP will shine. He shows it when he is the focal point, he certainly has the talent. KP is the least of my concern, and I think in the long run, tanking will prove to be the correct strategy, whether on purpose or not. People have short memories, and winning cures all. Three years ago the Cavs won 33 games. The Warriors struggled to win 30 games even with Curry until recently. We are fine. Can't wait for the draft, even those second rounders we have.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#47 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:41 pm

shtolky wrote:I was completely wrong when I said that Rose wouldn't negatively impact KP. I didn't think he would be shut out by Melo and Rose to this extent (ok maybe not shut out, but certainly not involved as he should be). When Rose is in the game with KP it's as if he actively looks him off, it's very bizarre. Melo ISO has gotten worse, and KP is just too nice of a kid right now to really say anything (though I heard he did open his mouth last night about ISO ball). He idolized Melo as a kid and now he plays with him, so he certainly will defer. I think once Rose and Melo are gone, KP will shine. He shows it when he is the focal point, he certainly has the talent. KP is the least of my concern, and I think in the long run, tanking will prove to be the correct strategy, whether on purpose or not. People have short memories, and winning cures all. Three years ago the Cavs won 33 games. The Warriors struggled to win 30 games even with Curry until recently. We are fine. Can't wait for the draft, even those second rounders we have.

Gotta love it when people own up to making a mistake - respect. +1

In some ways, the second round picks are more important than the first round picks simply because championship teams are the teams that ace those picks. Honestly, if we land in the top 7, I'm not too worried about who we pick. There are a couple guys I wouldn't want (most notably, Isaac), but I don't think we'll fail the pick. *knock on wood* If we want to really become a championship contending team at any point in the future, we need to ace the second round pick. We have one in Willy, but another one or two would be extra sweet (especially when you take into account that we didn't have first round picks for so many years...).
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#48 » by Greenie » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:12 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Dingis Zingis needs to get his **** together. 2nd year or not...A lot of 2nd year/young big men are out playing him.

Towns can't defend a chair and Okafor is injured and trapped in the Embiid show. Myles and Jokic are outplaying KP but screw comparing him to other 2nd year bigs we can compare him to his rookie season. He was noticeably better last year defensively. Horny needs to smack him and tell him to rededicate himself to defense. That unicorn **** must've got to his head or something because last year I saw way more effort.

Towns blocks shots too ya know...
His defense is just like KP's if you ask me. He's a bad defensive player that can swat a few shots.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#49 » by poeman » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:13 pm

Rose is literally looking to cash in so his mindset is ALL ME and NO ONE ELSE.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#50 » by Greenie » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:19 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:I honestly believe a big reason for the recent struggles is the toxic environment and selfish teammates. We need to surround KP with players who take an interest in his success and make it a priority to keep him involved.

Players that take an interest in HIS success?

The hell?
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#51 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:27 pm

Greenie wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:I honestly believe a big reason for the recent struggles is the toxic environment and selfish teammates. We need to surround KP with players who take an interest in his success and make it a priority to keep him involved.

Players that take an interest in HIS success?

The hell?

worse young players , who would understand that their only chance to win is to make teams best player as comfortable as possible. :devil:
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:38 pm

Greenie wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Dingis Zingis needs to get his **** together. 2nd year or not...A lot of 2nd year/young big men are out playing him.

Towns can't defend a chair and Okafor is injured and trapped in the Embiid show. Myles and Jokic are outplaying KP but screw comparing him to other 2nd year bigs we can compare him to his rookie season. He was noticeably better last year defensively. Horny needs to smack him and tell him to rededicate himself to defense. That unicorn **** must've got to his head or something because last year I saw way more effort.

His defense is just like KP's if you ask me. He's a bad defensive player that can swat a few shots.

Yea, just like KP's..

Except Towns is probably one of the worst defensive bigs in the game, while KP is definitely above average. :lol:

They are close. :banghead:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#53 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:40 pm

Yankeeknickfan wrote:KP had a decent 4th as the go to guy.

So in a game way out of hand, where the Lakers were probably playing their bench ( I shut this mess off after the first half), KP got to take a lot of shots and managed to break double figures?

And this is different from how when a bad player puts up stats on a bad team how?

I mean, I'm exaggerating, but did he actually look ok or just got to take more shots?
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#54 » by Newyorknick94 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

So in a game way out of hand, where the Lakers were probably playing their bench ( I shut this mess off after the first half), KP got to take a lot of shots and managed to break double figures?

And this is different from how when a bad player puts up stats on a bad team how?

I mean, I'm exaggerating, but did he actually look ok or just got to take more shots?

Looked more comfortable without rose/Melo got more touches knocked down some open looks kp needs some one to find him while he's open with the starters its Roses turn then Melos turn then Kp but they give him the ball at the three point line and expect him to be able to drive to the rim. But with the bench everyone moves and everyone looks for the open man.
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,861

Post#55 » by KnicksGod » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:45 pm

My take on things – KP is probably not as good as our wildest dreams. He seems soft and mentally somewhat out of it. However, he has the worst two guys to play with in Melo and Rose, and no competent PG whatsoever. He never gets an easy look. Still that’s a partial excuse and I think you have to think his ceiling is lower than great.

KP could end up being a really good 2nd or 3rd guy. But if the Knicks could draft a really good young PG, then we can really see what KP is or is not capable of. Guillermo also does a lot of the things that seem like weaknesses for him, too, so hopefully he can play 4 next season.

If they get rid of Melo, or even if they don’t, they’ll suck again next year. So you’ll have KP, a point from this draft, and another tank for a wing scorer.

Then you at least have a shot to grow with that kind of core.

But while it sounds like a rationalization, because it is disappointing to see KP look kind of "busty" at times -- there is a lot of truth to the fact that there are drawbacks to a guy being an Alpha scorer. We may be better off having him score 16-18 PPG and play D than having him be the centerpiece of the offense and all the energy that is required of that kind of player. Let him be well-rounded and let someone else carry more of the offensive load. There is a lot of value to that kind of player, especially one so big, and KP shouldn't have to think that he's either going to break 22-24 PPG or not be a star. Hell no. And with that lesser pressure, he'll perform better.

In theory, Melo works to take that pressure off KP but in reality, Melo stops ball movement and he plays the same way every game. Plus most of all, he's aging. It's time to start a new chapter.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#56 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:47 pm

Yet there are a number of "professional" and seemingly "good guys" on the team

Noah - supposed to be great mentor, great effort guy
KOQ - Always in an up mood :D
CLee - Rep as solid professional
Willie - his best friend
Kuz - seems like a positive guy
Baker - wrote a kids book about positivity fer crissakes
Plumlee - nothing if not enthusiastic
LFT - advertised as hard working glue guy
Holiday - doesn't strike me a dbag. Seems to be good effort guy.
N'Dour - I can't imagine he's bringing everyone down
Sasha - If vet leader he is not providing, then why is he here?
KP - not toxic to himself, I'd guess

Jennings - could go either way. Seems positive is a chippy sort of way, puts forth effort at times, other times takes off on D, plus never stops running his mouth

Rose - A suspect
Melo - A suspect

So, 15 man roster. I'm coming up with 12 guys who don't seem toxic, One borderline guys and two guys who are everyone's favorite villains.

So KP can't maintain an upbeat attitude because of Melo and Rose? I guess they are the two alphas. The peons need to revolt then.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:48 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Lakers were playing their bench the whole game.

They are in a full tank mode.

Luke isn't even denying it.

They started Ingram and some Taric Black dude, and that lineup humiliated us right of the bat..
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#58 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:49 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Last night, every one's wet coochie, Nikola Jovic's minutes were cut to 24 min, against Dallas on 2/6 it was 21 min...the coaching staff GOT the message after he aggravated his hip and was out after 15 min vs the Spurs on 2/4.

Oh and for all the "NBA Experts" in this forum, Embiid has been OUT for the last few games. An example of a dumba$$ coach overplaying a guy who is coming back from an injury that kept him out for all of last season...

The Phoenix Suns' Circus act is exciting and makes for splashy highlights and makes Fantasy sports clowns wet like a virgin on Prom Night.

However...

The Phoenix Suns use a short bench and notorious for burning out players. Again, this is a franchise who has won, NOTHING. Not one NBA Championship to crow about.

But...for whatever reason, the NY Knicks KEEPS making trades, signing free agents, and most baffling of all, hiring their ex-coaches.

RUBBISH!

If you re-roll the tape where DJ Jazzy Jeff Hornacek, a coach is a lower winning percentage than Vinny del Negro and David Blatt (I'm not even going to bother with Thibs because we know THAT answer)...is playing KP back to back games 30+ minutes...before, during, and after he injured then re-aggravated his achilles...

That shows me, a coach who cares MORE about himself than the team.

The Knicks have a good bench, USE IT dammit.

As for KP's defense, he's never going to be a 1:1 lockdown defender but he's GOOD at giving help and being a team defender. The Knicks should NEVER have entertained the thought of man on man defense. Again, THAT's the coach's fault...no, the OTHER dildo's fault, Coach Kurt Rambis.

Good post. It's nice to see you and I on the same page, for a change. :D I'm not sure if you missed the discussion in last week's around the NBA thread, but there was one poster who failed miserably in arguing that more minutes does not make your body more susceptible to injuries. :nonono: We never should have signed Horny in the first place, but so many people were victims of the moment and thought just because he was better than Rambis, he was going to be good. Well, all of those people were wrong. I'm not sure if I said this before, but Fisher has been a bette coach than Horny, IMO. Blatt was the easy choice, and Phil failed...again...but that's for another thread.

Well, Hornacek hasn't seemed that great, but the Phoenix teams seems to play a nice style and he seemed to be a good offensive coach.

I wonder we'd all see this differently if he got to have his defensive coordinator (the one Cleveland doesn't want to let go)
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#59 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:51 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Lakers where playing their bench the whole game.

They are in a full tank mode.

Luke isn't even denying it.

They started Ingram and some Taric Black dude, and that lineup humiliated us right of the bat..

LOL. I forgot that for a moment.

I like KP, but at some point, when the Knicks fell off a cliff, he needs to be held accountable for the horrendous slow starts the starting unit gets off to, since he's part of it. There is a tendency on this forum for it to be everyone's fault but his, though Melo and Rose's bad D and ISO offense do stand out.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#60 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:55 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
Greenie wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Towns can't defend a chair and Okafor is injured and trapped in the Embiid show. Myles and Jokic are outplaying KP but screw comparing him to other 2nd year bigs we can compare him to his rookie season. He was noticeably better last year defensively. Horny needs to smack him and tell him to rededicate himself to defense. That unicorn **** must've got to his head or something because last year I saw way more effort.

Yea, just like KP's..

Except Towns is probably one of the worst defensive bigs in the game, while KP is definitely above average. :lol:

They are close. :banghead:

I guess they are somewhat inverse of each other. KP's the good defender, Towns, not so much. Towns has a fairly complete offensive game, KP feels years away from that, with doubts creeping in of "if ever"

Return to New York Knicks