ImageImageImageImageImage

Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#141 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Greenie wrote:
battabing10 wrote:same people who think woodson was all that also think isiah thomas was great, we shouldnt of traded crawful and zbo, liked the melo trade. why?

Didn't like IT....stop playing
Crawford was a 6th man. People here knew that but the Knicks didn't. (Sound familiar)
Zbo was a damn good player once again be placed in positions where he was asked to do too much(I see a theme here).

We won that Melo trade. Saying we didn't is showing the hater in you. NOBODY we traded became half the player Melo has been for us. Dude scored over 10K points in 6 seasons with us which included his half first season, the lockout season and the 17 win season where he was shut down after All-Star break. Step back and think about that. Add to that he's actually in his 6th season with us. We couldn't build around him because we made dumb moves after the trade and the player who was actually making more than him his entire tenure here was hurt more than healthy. I'm not even mad at STAT. **** happens.

You keep banging that Melo hate drum though....but then get upset when I say KP isn't an Alpha. Not that I don't like him or want to get rid of him, but because I don't think he's an Alpha... :lol:

To look back and say those players we traded became relatively nothing is the wrong analysis. They were assets at THAT TIME that could have been used to get the players around Melo you speak of. Melo wanted the money and Knick, stupidly, made the trade and gave it to him. I think if you put that proposition up for a poll, you lose. Both parties got what they deserved for being stupid heads. :D
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#142 » by battabing10 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:25 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
battabing10 wrote:same people who think woodson was all that also think isiah thomas was great, we shouldnt of traded crawful and zbo, liked the melo trade. why?

Crawford was a 6th man. People here knew that but the Knicks didn't. (Sound familiar)
Zbo was a damn good player once again be placed in positions where he was asked to do too much(I see a theme here).

We won that Melo trade. Saying we didn't is showing the hater in you. NOBODY we traded became half the player Melo has been for us. Dude scored over 10K points in 6 seasons with us which included his half first season, the lockout season and the 17 win season where he was shut down after All-Star break. Step back and think about that. Add to that he's actually in his 6th season with us. We couldn't build around him because we made dumb moves after the trade and the player who was actually making more than him his entire tenure here was hurt more than healthy. I'm not even mad at STAT. **** happens.

You keep banging that Melo hate drum though....but then get upset when I say KP isn't an Alpha. Not that I don't like him or want to get rid of him, but because I don't think he's an Alpha... :lol:

To look back and say those players we traded became relatively nothing is the wrong analysis. They were assets at THAT TIME that could have been used to get the players around Melo you speak of. Melo wanted the money and Knick, stupidly, made the trade and gave it to him. I think if you put that proposition up for a poll, you lose. Both parties got what they deserved for being stupid heads. :D

the end is in the begining so this won't end well. how many people expect his jersey to be retired/hung in the rafters? :lol: :lol:
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#143 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:02 pm

battabing10 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

i ain't listening lallalalalllalallalala

:gossip:
Greenie
RealGM

Post#144 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:03 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Greenie wrote:

They weren't **** when we traded them except overrated.
Come at me Wingo :starwars
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#145 » by Hemispheres » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Woodson was a dunce. He lucked into a team with great veterans that new how to win and provided tough leadership. There was individual responsibility on defense and a ton of 3's. That's a recipe for success in the modern day NBA. It was the best built team Melo had around him as a Knick. However it was obvious that it wasn't gonna last. Too many key players on the wrong side of 35. That's why as much as I enjoyed that 50 win team it was hard to get attached because I knew it was gonna be a flash in the pan. We got to build a team that lasts.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#146 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:20 am

Hemispheres wrote:Woodson was a dunce. He lucked into a team with great veterans that new how to win and provided tough leadership. There was individual responsibility on defense and a ton of 3's. That's a recipe for success in the modern day NBA. It was the best built team Melo had around him as a Knick. However it was obvious that it wasn't gonna last. Too many key players on the wrong side of 35. That's why as much as I enjoyed that 50 win team it was hard to get attached because I knew it was gonna be a flash in the pan. We got to build a team that lasts.

Half of our old dudes didn't play.
Kidd hurt the most and Barf wasn't the answer to losing him. We should have tried to stay with small ball and find a second starting PG.
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#147 » by FKF » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:41 am

Greenie wrote:

LOL, who the F cares about 10.000 points when you only have one play-off win on your 6 years resumé ?

Call me a hater all you want, I embraced the Melo trade, I've supported Melo for years, but he has disappointed me countless times, with a collection of bad shots, bad leadership moves, and horrible defensive lapses.

Anyone reasonable will call this trade a Nuggets W.
The Knicks didn't have the advertised success they traded their picks for, and the Nuggets, not only have Gallinari/Chandler combining for 8,000+ points, but they posted their best season in their franchise history in 2012-13 with 57 wins, 3 more than your Melo's Knicks, only to to lose in the play-offs to the upcoming Golden State Warriors in 6 games.
Injuries to Gallinari killed their following season, but they may make the play-offs again this year, while the Knicks are still hurt by the loss of the picks and the young talent.

When he's traded this summer to LAC, Melo's run in NY will not even be remembered as pretty as Allan Houston's, who's scored over 11,000 points despite a career ending knee injury since that included a game winning bucket in Miami which led to one Eastern Conference Championship.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#148 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:49 pm

FKF wrote:
Greenie wrote:

LOL, who the F cares about 10.000 points when you only have one play-off win on your 6 years resumé ?

Call me a hater all you want, I embraced the Melo trade, I've supported Melo for years, but he has disappointed me countless times, with a collection of bad shots, bad leadership moves, and horrible defensive lapses.

The Knicks didn't have the advertised success they traded their picks for, and the Nuggets, not only have Gallinari/Chandler combining for 8,000+ points, but they posted their best season in their franchise history in 2012-13 with 57 wins, 3 more than your Melo's Knicks, only to to lose in the play-offs to the upcoming Golden State Warriors in 6 games.
Injuries to Gallinari killed their following season, but they may make the play-offs again this year, while the Knicks are still hurt by the loss of the picks and the young talent.

When he's traded this summer to LAC, Melo's run in NY will not even be remembered as pretty as Allan Houston's, who's scored over 11,000 points despite a career ending knee injury since that included a game winning bucket in Miami which led to one Eastern Conference Championship.

Lol. We will see. I want him to stay just to piss fans like you off...
battabing10
Rookie

Post#149 » by battabing10 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Greenie wrote:
FKF wrote:
Greenie wrote:Didn't like IT....stop playing

so ya cut off ya nose to spite ya face?!? okaayyyy :roll:

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#150 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Greenie wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

LOL. C'mon G. We were playing very well and moving on up. Gallinari was the 6 pick in the draft. Wilson was looking like he was going to be a stud. Hell, even Fatso Felton was looking like an All-Star guard that season. Mozgov looked like he could be a starting center in the league. Those were players who we could've traded to get other players. If they were shyt, then why did Denver hold out for all of them before they'd trade a future Hall of Famer to us.

I can do this all day. I am the Iron Fist. :lol:

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#151 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:46 pm

battabing10 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

the end is in the begining so this won't end well. how many people expect his jersey to be retired/hung in the rafters? :lol: :lol:

That'll be a weird day if they do. No Knicks player to my knowledge who played on pretty much nothing but losing teams ever got his number raised. Also, as time passes and we, hopefully, start winning again, that'll make it all the more difficult because Melo - rightly or wrongly - is a symbol of these losing years. (Sorry Greenie)
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#152 » by Bill Pidto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Seriously... why should they hang Melo's number in the rafters? Give me one reason...
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#153 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:Seriously... why should they hang Melo's number in the rafters? Give me one reason...

Because statzzzz bro. He's got the statzzzz.

When I think of legendary Knicks I think of Carmelo Anthony!
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#154 » by el13adnino » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:04 pm

i think rebecca harlow has to go in order for this franchise to turn it around
:crazy:
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#155 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:21 pm

To use a variation of Remy's verse.....

"To win a trade, you would have to actually win'.

Both teams lost when seeing the book read. Gallo and Chandler are complimentary pieces, they were assets though, if they were the bums that folks wanna say they are then how did we get Melo? or perhaps we paid what Melo is actually worth?

Anyway, the Knicks really haven't been anywhere close to nice, solid or even good during any period of Melo's tenure.

3 playoff appearances.....one series win against a really old Boston team that somehow stretched a sweep to 6 games.

Funny thing is, I can recall H20's game winner, LJ's 4pt play, I can't recall not one series marking play from Melo resulting in the Knicks winning a series. To be fair I do recall Melo dunking on Jeff Pendergraph, but the Knicks lost that series. That dunk was nasty btw for some of you don't recall, and kinda why I wasn't buying the sore shoulder nonsense. Bum shoulders don't do that.

Sure, it's a team game, and perhaps the Knicks should have built better, but that "team game" never applies when cats wanna claim Melo carried Denver to the playoffs every year. He didn't. Even in his first year, he shared a court with 4 other players averaging double figure scoring, most notably Andre Miller who joined Denver the same year Melo did. He had help. Denver had a high scoring offense nearly every year, the bulk of the individual scoring came from Melo, but those teams had capable guys to put up points...every single year. What Denver never had was a commitment to defense.

Melo was the best player during those years, no denying that, but being the best player limited Denver nearly every year to being a low seed, playoff flameout, that did not lose to the champs every year either. Same scenario played as a Knick.

Melo is pretty much the Dominique Wilkins of todays NBA. Terrific scoring option, lock for HOF, will normally light up the defender, but cant be the top guy if winning something significant matter, because he, like Nique never gave a consistent effort in the aspects of the game that the winner do. Nique was the SF version of MJ without any of MJ's winning traits, similar to Melo being the SF version of version without any of the traits that made Kobe a winner.

It aint about scoring, there's been tons of high volume scorers, but the better players, the one's who truly carry teams significantly all do the other aspects that result in memorable playoff wins. They fill up a stat sheet, and perform on both ends of the court.

Enough of the who won the trade. Both team lost. Knicks still doing so.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Greenie
RealGM

Post#156 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:06 pm

battabing10 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
FKF wrote:

My face is just fine. Yours?
Greenie
RealGM

Post#157 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

LOL. C'mon G. We were playing very well and moving on up. Gallinari was the 6 pick in the draft. Wilson was looking like he was going to be a stud. Hell, even Fatso Felton was looking like an All-Star guard that season. Mozgov looked like he could be a starting center in the league. Those were players who we could've traded to get other players. If they were shyt, then why did Denver hold out for all of them before they'd trade a future Hall of Famer to us.

I can do this all day. I am the Iron Fist. :lol:

You just said it. They traded us a HOF player. They made us bend over.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#158 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:24 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
battabing10 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

That'll be a weird day if they do. No Knicks player to my knowledge who played on pretty much nothing but losing teams ever got his number raised. Also, as time passes and we, hopefully, start winning again, that'll make it all the more difficult because Melo - rightly or wrongly - is a symbol of these losing years. (Sorry Greenie)

Don't be sorry. I'm not. How many HOF players have worn a Knick jersey? Not many.

Keep hating.

Anyone with common sense knows the Melo years were shot due to injury and badly put together teams.

The only people who don't seem to know this are Knick fans who stay spitting untrue facts. Like saying he's has always been our highest paid. Lie. STAT was. Melo's new contract made him our highest paid. He signed that not even three years ago.
battabing10
Rookie

Post#159 » by battabing10 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Greenie wrote:
battabing10 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Lol. We will see. I want him to stay just to piss fans like you off...

My face is just fine. Yours?

melting.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#160 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:To use a variation of Remy's verse.....

"To win a trade, you would have to actually win'.

Both teams lost when seeing the book read. Gallo and Chandler are complimentary pieces, they were assets though, if they were the bums that folks wanna say they are then how did we get Melo? or perhaps we paid what Melo is actually worth?

Anyway, the Knicks really haven't been anywhere close to nice, solid or even good during any period of Melo's tenure.

3 playoff appearances.....one series win against a really old Boston team that somehow stretched a sweep to 6 games.

Funny thing is, I can recall H20's game winner, LJ's 4pt play, I can't recall not one series marking play from Melo resulting in the Knicks winning a series. To be fair I do recall Melo dunking on Jeff Pendergraph, but the Knicks lost that series. That dunk was nasty btw for some of you don't recall, and kinda why I wasn't buying the sore shoulder nonsense. Bum shoulders don't do that.

Sure, it's a team game, and perhaps the Knicks should have built better, but that "team game" never applies when cats wanna claim Melo carried Denver to the playoffs every year. He didn't. Even in his first year, he shared a court with 4 other players averaging double figure scoring, most notably Andre Miller who joined Denver the same year Melo did. He had help. Denver had a high scoring offense nearly every year, the bulk of the individual scoring came from Melo, but those teams had capable guys to put up points...every single year. What Denver never had was a commitment to defense.

Melo was the best player during those years, no denying that, but being the best player limited Denver nearly every year to being a low seed, playoff flameout, that did not lose to the champs every year either. Same scenario played as a Knick.

Melo is pretty much the Dominique Wilkins of todays NBA. Terrific scoring option, lock for HOF, will normally light up the defender, but cant be the top guy if winning something significant matter, because he, like Nique never gave a consistent effort in the aspects of the game that the winner do. Nique was the SF version of MJ without any of MJ's winning traits, similar to Melo being the SF version of version without any of the traits that made Kobe a winner.

It aint about scoring, there's been tons of high volume scorers, but the better players, the one's who truly carry teams significantly all do the other aspects that result in memorable playoff wins. They fill up a stat sheet, and perform on both ends of the court.

Enough of the who won the trade. Both team lost. Knicks still doing so.

I remember our playoff series. I remember that dunk. I remember his play against Boston. But what overshadowes those memories are the bad ones. JR elbowing people, STAT fuqing up his hand, Lin being at 85% so on and so on

Return to New York Knicks