ImageImageImageImageImage

If Boston offered Brooklyn pick

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,823

Re: If Boston offered Brooklyn pick 

Post#61 » by dakomish23 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Greenie wrote:What if Boston did trade us both picks plus that bum Brown....and we fuqed around and took BOTH Fultz and Ball?

Ball
Fultz
Brown(may look better with a pass first PG)
?
Willy

OMG

If they would do that you take it and don't look back. What a steal.

They wouldn't though. KP is awesome but he ain't worth that hall. That's The Godfather offer you give to NOP for Davis who's already a top 5 player and will be for the next decade.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#62 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:52 pm

The short answer is absolutely F#ckin NOT.

If you've learned nothing over the last 16-17 years, know that the Knicks have had A LOT of talented players come and go but very few can actually be built around in New York.

We know there is a lot of talent in this upcoming draft but I wonder, if Ball was BOOED like Porzingis, would daddy be forcing a trade?
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,699

Post#63 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:58 pm

BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#64 » by BeagleBoss » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:01 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:If Boston offered Brooklyn pick would u trade KP?

Am curious to what people think.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Nah. Even though I don't think Ball or Fultz will be a bust, there is always a chance. At least we know at worst, KP will be a 20/8/2 player.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#65 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:02 pm

No.

You already have a 'unicorn'. Why trade that for an unknown? Especially with Phil Jackson.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,280

Post#66 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:07 pm

j4remi wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:thats what i'm saying. The deal would be all predicated how the lottery balls fell then I would maybe consider making a deal.

If the knicks jump into the top 3 and Brooklyns pick jumps out of the top 3. I would take Ball or Fultz and KP over Ball or Fultz and Tatum....even if you added brown and next year brooklyn pick I still wouldn't care.

Ball or Fultz with KP would be an absolute problem in the NBA.

Yeah, under those circumstances the equation shifts and that's why I'm on the fence, I'm not as big a DSJr fan as most and I really don't like Tatum (my Duke hatred might be behind that one tbh). So if you say fourth pick and an uncertain pick next year, I probably hold on to KP. The chance to go Fultz/Jackson and then two strong lottery shots at Doncic a year from now though :o

I'm with you. DSjr injury/effort on defense is a concern. I think he has a ton of potential but I would not even consider him anywhere in the same ballpark of a KP's potential impact. KP's already doing it at the NBA level too.

Also Tatum is nice but again is a ISO scoring SF more dynamic than a 7'3 two way big that can shoot 3's and block shots with the best of em. No chance.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#67 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:21 pm

god shammgod wrote:let's change the question. i'm just curious. if the knicks currently had russel westbrook or james harden. would you trade either one for the 2 nets picks ?

No
Greenie
RealGM

Post#68 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
DaGawd wrote:No

Hold on now. Let's not be hasty.
Where does the pick fall?
If it's number one and our own pick is top 4 your telling me I could have...

Ball/Fultz and Jackson/Tatum

Ummmm...

I feel like Hernangomez somewhat makes Porzingis expendable in this situation.

Exactly.
It's not like we're hurting for young talent at center.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#69 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
god shammgod wrote:let's change the question. i'm just curious. if the knicks currently had russel westbrook or james harden. would you trade either one for the 2 nets picks ?

It would depend for me. If we had either 1 of them and were in a situation like what Indy has with PG where we're barely making the playoffs and there's a real chance that they'll bounce, then yeah, I would. If we were like Houston and had the type of record that they do then I'd continue to add pieces and see how far we can go.

forget what the record is, let's say they're signed and not leaving. and you're not horribly capped out with bad players.

They are not going anywhere... :lol:
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#70 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Greenie wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Hold on now. Let's not be hasty.
Where does the pick fall?
If it's number one and our own pick is top 4 your telling me I could have...

Ball/Fultz and Jackson/Tatum

Ummmm...

I feel like Hernangomez somewhat makes Porzingis expendable in this situation.

Exactly.

It's the other way around actually. When will you guys learn you don't trade second year players who are unique and playing well and yet are just scratching the surface. I made the point yesterday about Gobert. If we had Gobert, you would have been itching to deal him in year 2 because you didn't see the "it" factor, yet now he is a dominant defensive force and offensive force around the rim. If we had Curry, you'd have said "meh" in year 2 and 3 and wanted to deal him for whatever. You do NOT trade KP for a single draft pick unless that pick yields a Lebron type player. KP is a known quantity and yet still hasn't scratched his potential. Go look at his second year numbers against other players and you'll see what I mean. You want to trade a 7'3'' player who has the rare ability to knock down 3's and block shots for hope? Why not just keep our pick and pair KP with whomever we take? We FINALLY have a great homegrown player and some of you still want to trade him. I would argue along with Towns and a handful of other players that KP has one of the highest trade values in the entire league given his skill, age, and contract. Some of you on this board don't deserve good things to happen to this team.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,281

Post#71 » by GONYK » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:35 pm

Suggest any combination of picks you want, I'm still saying no.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#72 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Yeap, I think if its both picks and Brown, you probably make a deal.

If its just two picks - then no.

2nd pick can easily be out of top3. If Lin plays the whole year.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#73 » by kane2021 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:07 pm

I see it like this. The celtics are a much better run franchise. And have made much smarter moves than us. We can only dream to be in the position they're in right now.

So if they called us up and made an offer like anything being suggested here. Be it one pick, two picks, additional players, what ever. I'm saying no. The more you sweeten the pot the more red flags go up.

I'm not even 100% sold on kp being a franchise cornerstone. But if a smarter team is making offers like that it's because they're trying to win a trade. Be it to get kp or get away from another player. I refuse any offer from a smarter team for any young or future assets.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#74 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:09 pm

spree8 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
spree8 wrote:I've asked this question before and got crushed for it.

I luv KP but I really do worry about his health long term with his size n playing style. He scares me watching him sometimes.

If their pick was top 3 and we got the Bk pick next year too, then yea, I'd do it. The possibility of...

Jackson- Bk pick
Ball/Fultz/DSJr/Frank- our pick
Bamba- 18' Bk pick
Porter- our 18' pick ....

I'm higher on Ayton than Bamba, even with Ayton's motor questions.

Fultz/Ball - BK Pick
Jackson - our pick
Doncic/Bonga (?) - BK Pick
Ayton - our pick

:D

Trade Willy for a stretch 4 / a pick which we will use to get a stretch 4 and we're rolling. SO MANY FUN SCENARIOS.

No luv for Mike Porter? lol... I like Ayton, but when he went head to head with Bamba, I think the latter looked so much more impressive and a potential defensive anchor. Plus he's from NY :nod:

But yea, in this scenario, no end to the possibilities.

Oh, I like Porter a lot. I just like Doncic and Ayton more and don't think we can trade Willy for a pick high enough to select him. :-? Bamba's frame scares me a bit and I think Ayton is more talented skill-wise.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,404

Post#75 » by BigShot Bojan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:11 pm

God I hate our fans...we have a player whose young , a lot of promise , healthy excellent work ethic and wants to be here yet we want to trade him...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#76 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:12 pm

shtolky wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:I feel like Hernangomez somewhat makes Porzingis expendable in this situation.

Exactly.

It's the other way around actually. When will you guys learn you don't trade second year players who are unique and playing well and yet are just scratching the surface. I made the point yesterday about Gobert. If we had Gobert, you would have been itching to deal him in year 2 because you didn't see the "it" factor, yet now he is a dominant defensive force and offensive force around the rim. If we had Curry, you'd have said "meh" in year 2 and 3 and wanted to deal him for whatever. You do NOT trade KP for a single draft pick unless that pick yields a Lebron type player. KP is a known quantity and yet still hasn't scratched his potential. Go look at his second year numbers against other players and you'll see what I mean. You want to trade a 7'3'' player who has the rare ability to knock down 3's and block shots for hope? Why not just keep our pick and pair KP with whomever we take? We FINALLY have a great homegrown player and some of you still want to trade him. I would argue along with Towns and a handful of other players that KP has one of the highest trade values in the entire league given his skill, age, and contract. Some of you on this board don't deserve good things to happen to this team.

Nope. Wrong. I loved Rudy. I wanted him when we had Tyson.

Also, please stop hyping KP's skill set as rare. It's not. Like not even a little. Most bigs shoot threes in today's NBA and most dudes over 7ft tall can block a shot. It's not rare to see.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#77 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:20 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:Yeap, I think if its both picks and Brown, you probably make a deal.

If its just two picks - then no.

2nd pick can easily be out of top3. If Lin plays the whole year.

Lin can play and they will still suck. Have you seen their roster?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#78 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Greenie wrote:Nope. Wrong. I loved Rudy. I wanted him when we had Tyson.

Also, please stop hyping KP's skill set as rare. It's not. Like not even a little. Most bigs shoot threes in today's NBA and most dudes over 7ft tall can block a shot. It's not rare to see.

wait so its not rare to see someone block 2 shots a game and make 2 3's a game in the NBA?

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#79 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:25 pm

By sinking No. 100, Porzingis has become the 13th player in NBA history to record at least 100 blocks and 100 3-point field goals made in the same season.

That’s an incredible achievement by a remarkable young player.

Porzingis is the first and only player to have reached those marks during the 2016-17 NBA regular season. In other words, at 21 years of age, Porzingis is already achieving an unrivaled level of two-way versatility.

ROSTER

shtolky
Head Coach

Post#80 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Greenie wrote:
shtolky wrote:
Greenie wrote:Exactly.

Nope. Wrong. I loved Rudy. I wanted him when we had Tyson.

You surely see the flawed logic in your post, yes? Shaq was over 7 feet and could block shots, but could he hit 3's? Dirk could hit 3's, but could he block shots?

http://dailyknicks.com/2017/03/11/new-york-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-makes-history-2/

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/new-york-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-is-a-basketball-anomaly-122116

I would say the combination of skills is pretty rare, but I guess a club that only has 13 members in it isn't that rare, I don't know.

Return to New York Knicks