ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread Fury's #9 FTW! - Picking 7th Currently (Also, no to Isaac.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Mayhem
Senior
And1: 624

Re: Draft Thread #9 - we are all Kings fans 

Post#81 » by Mayhem » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:57 am

Tying with Kings was the only threat for us because they may target the same type of talent. If Timberwolves end up winning the coin toss, it isn't as big of a deal because they won't target a point guard.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,348

Post#82 » by Guano » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:58 am

nice work kings... please don't win the lotto
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,295

Post#83 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:58 am

Dantares wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
Dantares wrote:I can't believe people are getting all pissy and stressed out. If Sacramemnto wins tonight and Minnesota drafts a forward(which I am 99.9% sure they will) then that means we get one of DSjr, Ntilikina or Fox.

Ball
Fultz
Tatum
Jackson
Isaac

Fox
Ntilikina
Smith jr

one of them is going to be there! actually we will probably have a choice between 2 of them.

yeah but Minnesota probably isn't drafting a a player that we are targeting. and if you guys really thought we were going to catch Orlando or Philly's tank than you were dreaming. even if we traded melo we probably would have won atleast 29 games placing us at 6th place still.

Do you not remember how bad we were just a few weeks ago? Wins were impossible. 4 was in reach and 5 was realistic. Yes this draft probably goes at least 8 deep, but that doesn't mean having a higher pick would be insignificant.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,476

Post#84 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:59 am

well 1 out of 2 aint bad.

ill take it and I suppose the team more of a threat to take a guard is not a threat anymore so im good
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,354

Post#85 » by robillionaire » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:00 am

mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
We are a meaningless Melo buzzer beater away from being tied with philly right now. It isn't dreaming that much

and melo didn't play a role in the two embarrassing brooklyn losses? the ones where he shot like 28% from the floor?

Oh yes, he played a significant role in most of the losses this year. But I'm just saying that's how close we are from being tied with philly, with a chance to overtake them today. We actually had a worse record than philly a couple weeks ago when we were 4th. It wasn't just a dream to be able to catch them, in fact, they caught us because we won a few meaningless games down the stretch
Guano
RealGM

Post#86 » by Guano » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:01 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Dantares wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:

yeah but Minnesota probably isn't drafting a a player that we are targeting. and if you guys really thought we were going to catch Orlando or Philly's tank than you were dreaming. even if we traded melo we probably would have won atleast 29 games placing us at 6th place still.

Do you not remember how bad we were just a few weeks ago? Wins were impossible. 4 was in reach and 5 was realistic. Yes this draft probably goes at least 8 deep, but that doesn't mean having a higher pick would be insignificant.

we should've never went all in this season in the first place. we should've shopped melo before the season, rolled with calderon/lopez, not signed lee and found a sg on the scrapheap. but hey, this is NY, you can't rebuild here.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#87 » by Phish Tank » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:07 am

robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
We are a meaningless Melo buzzer beater away from being tied with philly right now. It isn't dreaming that much

and melo didn't play a role in the two embarrassing brooklyn losses? the ones where he shot like 28% from the floor?

Oh yes, he played a significant role in most of the losses this year. But I'm just saying that's how close we are from being tied with philly, with a chance to overtake them today. We actually had a worse record than philly a couple weeks ago when we were 4th. It wasn't just a dream to be able to catch them, in fact, they caught us because we won a few meaningless games down the stretch

We did, though we got some bad breaks in those wins. For one, most thought that the bulls were due to beat us, even in MSG. But nope, they stunk the joint. We had ndour starting lol. The beat B2B was another bummer too. The magic and pistons were both trying to out-tank us.

Outside of that, I think we were deliberately trying to lose, but better teams just stunk and bad teams tried to out-tank us

Sent from the phish tank using RealGM mobile app
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#88 » by TruthBeTold » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:07 am

Dantares wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:I would be surprised if the Timberwolves beat the Rockets on Wednesday, even if the Rockets rest James Harden. The Timberwolves have been playing with a serious lack of effort on offense and defense and the poor rebounding makes them look like the worst team in the NBA. This Timberwolves team has been screwing the Knicks since they out tank them in 2015. They went and grab Thibs Knowing he was the fan favorite for Knicks head-coach. I'm just glad that didn't work out for them so far. And now the T-wolves are back at it, trying to out tank and screw the Knicks in the draft AGAIN. I can see the wolves jumping all over Fox if he is available and they are picking ahead of the Knicks. And then you can expect Fox to go on to be a better player than whoever the Knicks draft at the 7th or 8th spot. :roll: The T-wolves have gotten what the Knicks fans have wanted in the past, but they still keep losing. :lol:

Despite the constant lack of defense from both the T-wolves and Knicks, Jeff has been a better coach than Thibs this season. If the Knicks had been fully healthy and playing all their players, they would be lucky to get a top 10 pick. I can't believe a Thibs coached team could be this bad. The T-Wolves are basically a 2 man show right now. I really hope the Knicks do whatever it takes to lose against the 76ers to secure their 6th worst record, but I just don't see them losing base how they have been playing lately. :(

I just don't see it. Their board is talking about markannen and Isaac. They know what their team needs just like we know what our team needs the most. They have Rubio, they drafted kris Dunn at 4th overall last year, Lavine will be back before the start of next season and he also runs point sometimes. they also have Tyus Jones who was actually better than Kris Dunn this year. I just don't see them drafting one of the guys we are targeting.

Their STARTING point guard is STILL Rubio. If Dunn or Tyus are better, then why are they not starting? If Rubio is the best the T-wolves have, then I can see them drafting Fox if he is the best available player on the board and they are drafting ahead of the Knicks.

Rubio is garbage man. I saw him got hot against the Blazers in the first quarter, and then total disappeared the rest of the game. The T-wolves are still a two man show.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,599

Post#89 » by El Poochio » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:18 am

With the 9th pick, in 2017 NBA Draft, New York Knicks select:

Spoiler:
Ragé Quitt, of Farkland Islands

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#90 » by Dantares » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:18 am

TruthBeTold wrote:
Dantares wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:I would be surprised if the Timberwolves beat the Rockets on Wednesday, even if the Rockets rest James Harden. The Timberwolves have been playing with a serious lack of effort on offense and defense and the poor rebounding makes them look like the worst team in the NBA. This Timberwolves team has been screwing the Knicks since they out tank them in 2015. They went and grab Thibs Knowing he was the fan favorite for Knicks head-coach. I'm just glad that didn't work out for them so far. And now the T-wolves are back at it, trying to out tank and screw the Knicks in the draft AGAIN. I can see the wolves jumping all over Fox if he is available and they are picking ahead of the Knicks. And then you can expect Fox to go on to be a better player than whoever the Knicks draft at the 7th or 8th spot. :roll: The T-wolves have gotten what the Knicks fans have wanted in the past, but they still keep losing. :lol:

Despite the constant lack of defense from both the T-wolves and Knicks, Jeff has been a better coach than Thibs this season. If the Knicks had been fully healthy and playing all their players, they would be lucky to get a top 10 pick. I can't believe a Thibs coached team could be this bad. The T-Wolves are basically a 2 man show right now. I really hope the Knicks do whatever it takes to lose against the 76ers to secure their 6th worst record, but I just don't see them losing base how they have been playing lately. :(

I just don't see it. Their board is talking about markannen and Isaac. They know what their team needs just like we know what our team needs the most. They have Rubio, they drafted kris Dunn at 4th overall last year, Lavine will be back before the start of next season and he also runs point sometimes. they also have Tyus Jones who was actually better than Kris Dunn this year. I just don't see them drafting one of the guys we are targeting.

Their STARTING point guard is STILL Rubio. If Dunn or Tyus are better, then why are they not starting? If Rubio is the best the T-wolves have, then I can see them drafting Fox if he is the best available player on the board and they are drafting ahead of the Knicks.

those guys are just kids. and if they don't like rubio and they trade him then it will probably be to make more playing time for the kids. One of the reasons they almost traded Rubio was so they could find more playing time for those guys.

You're right there is a possibility that Minny could draft another PG for the 4th year in a row with Lavine, Tyus Jones, Dunn then Fox but its unlikely. I feel pretty comfortable because Isaac's talent level and potential are also very high and he is the prototypical modern power forward. I don't see minny passing on a player with that much talent that plays a position of need.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#91 » by TruthBeTold » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:22 am

Dantares wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:
Dantares wrote:

those guys are just kids. and if they don't like rubio and they trade him then it will probably be to make more playing time for the kids. One of the reasons they almost traded Rubio was so they could find more playing time for those guys.

You're right there is a possibility that Minny could draft another PG for the 4th year in a row with Lavine, Tyus Jones, Dunn then Fox but its unlikely. I feel pretty comfortable because Isaac's talent level and potential are also very high and he is the prototypical modern power forward.

I hope you are right, however, I still hope the Knicks are drafting a head of the T-wolves, which would mean less worries for Knicks fans like me. 8-)
Dkillanyk4lyf
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,625

Post#92 » by Dkillanyk4lyf » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:49 am

The battle for issac starts tomorrow at 8!!!!
Dkillanyk4lyf
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,625

Post#93 » by Dkillanyk4lyf » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:49 am

The battle for issac starts tomorrow at 8!!!!
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#94 » by malik959 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:53 am

Whether we pick 6th or 7th I really don't see a change for I feel that Minnesota is picking outside our needs.If the draft stays the same as today I can see:

Bos - Jackson (Don't need a guard)
Phe - Fultz
LAL - Ball (won't pass on home grown)
Orl - Isaac (A lot of their fans want him, Tatum, Monk, or Isaac?)
Phi - Ntilitina (Philly can actually go in any directions so the rest is determined by who they pick)
NY - Tatum (Between Tatum, DSJ, and Fox....... I can't pass on Tatum)
Min - Monk (Monk/Bridges/Markanen)
Dal - Fox (Home grown)
Sac - DSJ (It's funny how Draft Express has Sac picking Smith and Frank)
Sac - Bridges
Char - Markkanen

I would still be excited to have a choice of Tatum, Fox, DSJ, or Monk ( Not a big fan but the kid can score). I like Frank and Isaac (High ceiling, but also have the highest chance of busting. I do hope that they go ahead of the Knicks pick.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#95 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:58 am

Why exactly are people confident that Minnesota wouldn't be taking a point guard? They already have Lavine, Wiggins, and Towns locking up the 2,3 and 5 spots. Rubio was trade bait and Dunn sucks. He really really really does. Not saying it's definite but to rule them out completely from wanting a point guard doesn't make sense.
Guano
RealGM

Post#96 » by Guano » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:07 am

malik959 wrote:Whether we pick 6th or 7th I really don't see a change for I feel that Minnesota is picking outside our needs.If the draft stays the same as today I can see:

Bos - Jackson (Don't need a guard)
Phe - Fultz
LAL - Ball (won't pass on home grown)
Orl - Isaac (A lot of their fans want him, Tatum, Monk, or Isaac?)
Phi - Ntilitina (Philly can actually go in any directions so the rest is determined by who they pick)
NY - Tatum (Between Tatum, DSJ, and Fox....... I can't pass on Tatum)
Min - Monk (Monk/Bridges/Markanen)
Dal - Fox (Home grown)
Sac - DSJ (It's funny how Draft Express has Sac picking Smith and Frank)
Sac - Bridges
Char - Markkanen

I would still be excited to have a choice of Tatum, Fox, DSJ, or Monk ( Not a big fan but the kid can score). I like Frank and Isaac (High ceiling, but also have the highest chance of busting. I do hope that they go ahead of the Knicks pick.

if we pass on fox and dsj for tatum

Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#97 » by Polk377 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:07 am

whocares1 wrote:Why exactly are people confident that Minnesota wouldn't be taking a point guard? They already have Lavine, Wiggins, and Towns locking up the 2,3 and 5 spots. Rubio was trade bait and Dunn sucks. He really really really does. Not saying it's definite but to rule them out completely from wanting a point guard doesn't make sense.

Minny thinks Dunn is their future at PG and will likely let him start next year. I think if he is available Isaac will be their main target to pair up front with KAT. That would be a nice versatile duo they can develop together. After that they might target Monk as an off the bench spark plug or Lavine safe guard incase he doesn't come back to form after the ACL tear.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,253

Post#98 » by Oscirus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:18 am

When is minnesota going to get teir **** together? They have enough young uns to have a nice starting lineup and they've had plenty of time to build up chemistry yet we keep getting this
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#99 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:58 am

Just don't pick a bust..

I've been regularly reading this thread, and it seems everyone is projected to be an all-star. :D But in reality, there is a big chance half of them will be busts..
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#100 » by camillepd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:50 am

Jay10 wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
Who do you think the Knicks want on draft night?

I have no idea.

I think it was always going to be Frank.

This.

Return to New York Knicks