ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo Trade Thread Offseason Edition 1

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,876

Re: Melo Trade Thread Offseason Edition 1 

Post#81 » by jayu70 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:50 am

ALL HAIL wrote:Atlanta should be the target. They actually need him for what they're trying to accomplish out there.

At the trade deadline Hawks fan were proposing Bazemore and Splitter's expiring for Melo. As far as picks, some combination of BKN 2017 2nd round #31, Miami 2017 2nd round pick, Minny 2018 1st and Cavs 2019 1st (both lottery protected).
Hawks ended up trading Splitter's expiring for Ersan Ilyasova who's been working great for them.
crazybranman360
Starter
And1: 37

Post#82 » by crazybranman360 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:50 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
crazybranman360 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:I want a pick in this draft for Melo.

From who? What is realistic?

Heat.

If we eat Boshs salary.

That actually seems pretty reasonable. I don't really understand the Bosh situation. If he retires we would have to pay his contract but, he wouldn't count against the cap?
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 460

Post#83 » by kNicksGmen » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:14 am

crazybranman360 wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
crazybranman360 wrote:
From who? What is realistic?

Heat.

If we eat Boshs salary.

That actually seems pretty reasonable. I don't really understand the Bosh situation. If he retires we would have to pay his contract but, he wouldn't count against the cap?
pretty sure if a player retires the team doesn't have to pay anything and it doesn't count against the cap either (at least not all of it - but not sure)
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Post#84 » by rajajackal » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:41 am

3toheadmelo wrote:fitting and contending wise i really want to see carmelo in memphis
melo is the missing piece to their puzzle, i would LOVE to see him thrive there

Conley
Allen
Melo
Green
Gasol

then you get vince carter ( who can still ball for sure) with z-bo coming off the bench. that's a beautiful sight...
i don't know what they can offer us though. but if it was up to only the fit of the team, i think memphis is the perfect place for him.

that would be a great fit tbh, but he'll never go there. the best win/market scenario for him might be washington. go 'home' again, and play with wall in a weak conference. gimme porter and filler lol
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Post#85 » by rajajackal » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:45 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l55se9t

i'd do this without even getting any picks back if bosh's contract comes off the books from retirement. i'd also do it if he could play at all, he'd probably be a good influence on porzingis lol. waiters and winslow for a couple years while rebuilding aren't bad pieces
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#86 » by EMG518 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:42 am

I don't think the Heat would even deal for him at this point. Why are they going to give a bunch of assets when they are no where near winning a title. We should have dealt him years ago, I think we missed the boat.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,634

Post#87 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:47 am

rajajackal wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:fitting and contending wise i really want to see carmelo in memphis

Conley
Allen
Melo
Green
Gasol

then you get vince carter ( who can still ball for sure) with z-bo coming off the bench. that's a beautiful sight...
i don't know what they can offer us though. but if it was up to only the fit of the team, i think memphis is the perfect place for him.

that would be a great fit tbh, but he'll never go there. the best win/market scenario for him might be washington. go 'home' again, and play with wall in a weak conference. gimme porter and filler lol

yeah i don't know how he would feel about going to memphis but washington would be cool as hell too
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#88 » by isyed » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:24 am

duetta wrote:The key to any Anthony trade is a Cleveland collapse. If Cleveland goes down even in the Eastern finals (to Boston), then the odds of the Knicks getting back fair value for Anthony increase exponentially. Love has to become available for the Knicks to get a good package back for Anthony - and Lebron has to become desperate.

Raps fan here. Just interested in general about Melo options. The one you mentioned above makes sense. But i think the Clippers also have to bomb out before the WCF. Lebron will definitely get desperate and try to get his boyz together.

K.Love for Melo - Good asset which is still tradable for the knicks if they decide to.
CP3 for Irving - CP3 might have to be resigned to his monster contract before he is traded. Cleveland might need to throw some more salaries to match.
D-Wade signs 3 yr MLE totaling 25Mill - This is assuming if he wants to opt out of his Bulls option. Bulls loosing in the first round to the Celts also might push them out.

Thompson
Melo
Lebron/Shump
JR/Wade
CP3/

Thats an old team but lots of experience. A few ring chasers and shooters should make it an interesting superteam.

The other option i thought of was Melo going back home to Washington for a resigned Otto Porter. Would you do a sign and trade for Porter on a 5 yr 100M deal? I know that's overpay but this is the new CBA. I think Porter might fit into the long term rebuilding situation. Get a top 10 this year and tank hard again next year and get a top 5 pick and start with Prozingos, Porter, 2017 pick, 2018 pick.
The Bronx
Junior
And1: 142

Post#89 » by The Bronx » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:00 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
rajajackal wrote:

Conley
Allen
Melo
Green
Gasol

yeah i don't know how he would feel about going to memphis but washington would be cool as hell too

:nod:

Forget joining the Clippers (CP3/Griffin) or the Cavs (LeBron/Irving) and form your own Big 3 in your 2nd hometown Baltimore.

Knicks get some of the following:

O. Porter Jr. (sign and trade)
K. Oubre Jr. (2 million/3 years remaining)
M. Morris (7.4 million/3 years remaining)
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#90 » by Sark » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:28 am

FirePjax wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why would they cut him? They would just stick him on the bench in street clothes.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#91 » by AmazingJason » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:30 am

Sark wrote:
FirePjax wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why would they cut him? They would just stick on the bench in street clothes.

So Phil can continue to fix the culture :D
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#92 » by NY2TheBay » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:34 am

Sark wrote:
FirePjax wrote:
Read on Twitter

worst case scenario would be a buyout of some sort. wouldnt cut him, thats for sure.

phil seems adamant on getting something for him, seems personal now.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#93 » by Coeur » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:45 am

Carmelo and porzongis
For
Russell, Ingram, randle, and deng
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#94 » by simon24 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:20 am

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:That has Brooklyn trade written all over it if those picks are unprotected. By 2021, the Knicks depending on how they draft could be a playoff team. Melo and CP3 will still be ringless, old and losing by then....on their way out of the league.

My personal theory is that we were all set to make the Clippers trade, but at the deadline we could only trade for the 21 first, so we waited until we could trade for the 23 as well to have two firsts instead of one

I like this thought and I agree with Thugger. That Clipper team could fall off a cliff soon. They have aging players, no good prospects and they traded away most of their future draft picks. Added bonus, it will help with the Knick tank next season. Change the 2nd rounder to a pick swap and Knicks could potentially have (if I could dream) Porzingis, Fox, Porter Jr about to enter their primes as the Knicks sit on 3 early lottery picks.

And I could easily see Doc Rivers mortgaging their future for a desperation shot now. Give them Melo and Lee and scoop those picks.

Doc does love getting ex-Celtics. Cheaper than paying JJ.
simon24
Rookie

Post#95 » by simon24 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:24 am

ALL HAIL wrote:Atlanta should be the target. They actually need him for what they're trying to accomplish out there.

Melo wouldn't want to play in ATL plus if he did NY would take back Dwight in order to make the salaries work since Millsap's 30 mil cap hold takes up most of the cap space they have.
simon24
Rookie

Post#96 » by simon24 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:27 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
FemaleDogPlease wrote:I can see 4 teams Carmelo is willing to go to and that's Clippers, Cavaliers, Wizards, or Bulls.

gonna add lakers and nets to that list for location alone.

nets keeps him in his beloved city. they are just barren from the boston trade. we'd have to get lin back. :lol: oh, the irony.

lakers could offer a package if melo wanted to play at the summer home for his sunset. they won't win soon, but maybe he'd enjoy being there and part of a trade the knicks could stomach. i think phil is intrigued by russel. i agree that if the lakers keep their pick and draft lonzo, we could probably pry russell away for melo.

Nets seem to want to after younger guys.
simon24
Rookie

Post#97 » by simon24 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:30 am

Esq-4 wrote:What LAC, CLE, BOS do in playoffs will impact those teams interest in Melo. CLE doesn't win, you bet LBJ will push for Melo. BOS to a lesser extent because that pick they have coming, but an early exit and they may pull that trigger for scoring vet.

WAS I see the logic, but is it really an option? LAL really makes no sense, but oddly does just because its still LA and the Lakers. Really don't see him going anywhere else. Maybe CHI.

On BOS. I don't think he gets us their pick, but maybe helps us move up to get it...

Most these teams would all rather the younger Butler or George too...

WAS don't have the salaries. Can't trade Porter. They aren't going to trade Wall/Beal. I highly doubt they want to take Gortat's and Mahinmi's deals when they are paying Noah.
simon24
Rookie

Post#98 » by simon24 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:33 am

duetta wrote:Lakers will wait on Paul George. No reason not to.

Smart move. Don't gut the team for George plus Russell, Randle and George got the same agent.
simon24
Rookie

Post#99 » by simon24 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 am

EMG518 wrote:I don't think the Heat would even deal for him at this point. Why are they going to give a bunch of assets when they are no where near winning a title. We should have dealt him years ago, I think we missed the boat.

Yeah, they just need to keep building on what they have. If I was Melo, it's either LAC or find a way SA can afford you.
MKCATL
Starter
And1: 707

Post#100 » by MKCATL » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:58 am

Sark wrote:
FirePjax wrote:
Read on Twitter

By Phil cutting him or buying him doesn't that mean Carmelo has to clear waivers before he's a FA, guess what? Melo won't clear waivers and won't get to decide where he plays. So Melo better play ball.
"I am by no means an expert in basketball." -James Dolan

Return to New York Knicks