ImageImageImageImageImage

The DRose Is Awful Offseason Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Re: The DRose Is Awful Offseason Thread 

Post#41 » by DaGawd » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:16 pm

We need to hear NYKMentality speak.. Its been far too long since he's address us about the state of the Knicks..
BaF
Washington Wizards
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,950

Post#42 » by Capn'O » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Myself and E-Balla approve of this thread. Where was this last year when everyone was **** on the few of us who already knew Rose was **** and the trade wouldn't be worth it? I love how people actually see this, though...a year late, maybe, but better late than never.

Gonna say it again - I told all of you he sucked and everything I predicted this past offseason has come to fruition.

Yeah - but I told you that if he played similarly to how he did the previous season we'd be looking at a high draft pick in a stacked draft which would exceed the value lost :naaa: :naaa: :naaa:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Isiahthomass
Bench Warmer
And1: 819

Post#43 » by Isiahthomass » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Myself and E-Balla approve of this thread. Where was this last year when everyone was **** on the few of us who already knew Rose was **** and the trade wouldn't be worth it? I love how people actually see this, though...a year late, maybe, but better late than never.

Gonna say it again - I told all of you he sucked and everything I predicted this past offseason has come to fruition.

Yeah - but I told you that if he played similarly to how he did the previous season we'd be looking at a high draft pick in a stacked draft which would exceed the value lost :naaa: :naaa: :naaa:

I understand the rationale for the trade. The Knicks weren't getting Conley, or anyone close to his calber, and he put up somewhat close numbers to Conley in his last several weeks of the prior season. They basically got Rose on a rental to see if he was worth resigning the following season. Nothing wrong with what they did really, they didn't have many other choices.

I didn't really like trading Lopez though. I would much rather have had him than sign Noah and get rid of him in the Rose trade.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#44 » by Carl_Karlson » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Just don't bring Rose back. Let him go to Sack Town and suck over there. Draft a PG. Since I wanted Mudiay over KP, I shouldn't trust my intuition that Fox and Frank are better than DSJ and Monk
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,892

Post#45 » by DOT » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:06 am

Rose would be decent as a 6th man scoring guard off the bench, ala Jamal Crawford w/ less range
However, he is not what the Knicks need right now, and I am 100% against him returning
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,670

Post#46 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:22 am

d. rose is awful.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#47 » by AmazingJason » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:42 am

K-DOT wrote:Rose would be decent as a 6th man scoring guard off the bench, ala Jamal Crawford w/ less range
However, he is not what the Knicks need right now, and I am 100% against him returning

Based on all these news items indicating mutual interest and Phil's glowing review during the presser, odds are he's going to return, even after we draft Frank :D
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,892

Post#48 » by DOT » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:47 am

AmazingJason wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Rose would be decent as a 6th man scoring guard off the bench, ala Jamal Crawford w/ less range

Based on all these news items indicating mutual interest and Phil's glowing review during the presser, odds are he's going to return, even after we draft Frank :D

And

Respectively
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,950

Post#49 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:02 am

Isiahthomass wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I understand the rationale for the trade. The Knicks weren't getting Conley, or anyone close to his calber, and he put up somewhat close numbers to Conley in his last several weeks of the prior season. They basically got Rose on a rental to see if he was worth resigning the following season. Nothing wrong with what they did really, they didn't have many other choices.

I didn't really like trading Lopez though. I would much rather have had him than sign Noah and get rid of him in the Rose trade.

Agreed. Noah was always the bigger risk by a lot. And it bombed.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,278

Post#50 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:27 am

Depending on the contract, I can more than live with brining Rose back(as unpopular a take as that may be).
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,539

Post#51 » by ctorres » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:35 am

I am gonna find it very hysterical if Rose ends up being our best player next season and shocks everyone with his effort on the defensive end. If Melo leaves, I'd expext Rose to be looked upon as a leader. Also, I would expect Rose to average 20+ ppg with Melo gone.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,717

Post#52 » by Guano » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:32 am

he can kick rocks - rather give his roster spot to a fledgling.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#53 » by FKF » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:23 am

knicksh20b wrote:Alright, we're slacking guys. We've shifted blame towards Melo, KP and Phil (well-deserved or no,t you decide), but there's enough blame to go around for everyone!

Inspired by this stupid Berman article (which is just clickbait), my question to you guys: how much blame should DRose get for this crap season? And what does Rose have to do for you to accept him back?

As you can tell from my title, I am a bit biased!

D Rose was in a tough situation following the trial due to which he had no training camp. You've gotta wonder if the Bulls knew something the Knicks didn't, but the Knicks were under pressure to make the trade happen and make Melo happy.

This was still one season in which he was top 5 all NBA in points in the paint. Now he got hurt again at the end, so doctors shall dictate if he can be back. Like for Noah, I'm more worried about his future as a player, rather than his future as a Knick.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,743

Post#54 » by Adelheid » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:40 am

At this point, signing Rose is like Deja Vu to signing Noah so if Phil wants to pile on worst constracts, well...I question his sanity.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#55 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:31 am

As opposed to Melo, at least Rose can get to the rim. Most of the time, he finishes too, but still misses a ton of layups. Unlike Melo, Rose can't really shoot that great from outside.

Combining the best of Rose and Melo you'd have an actual superstar, as opposed to whatever these guys are now, but who are still super duper stars in their own heads.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#56 » by dakomish23 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Would much rather trade Lee for Monta Mondays and get their pick than bring DRose back. What's the difference?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#57 » by pb-ceo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:52 pm

i think when he commented on the former mvp, pjax kind of revealed a lot about his term as POBO at NYK. he said DR gets "into the paint". Forgetting that he does not create for others when he gets there. And commented that DR "said he wants to be here". And "i like that he said he wants to be here". I think you see the level of insight you have evaluating your roster with these revealing statements by POBO. that pjax is "surprised" that a guy who wants a big contract says he "wants to be here" to a guy with ability to write a big check is well kind of astonishing.
bbconair
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#58 » by bbconair » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:50 pm

rose is not a winner. even if he looks good, he's not doing the team any favors. how is this hard to understand? he's worse than a replacement level sub (someone who plays good D and shoots OK 3's would be better than rose).
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#59 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:04 am

Rose wasn't terrible. His defense and his passing were...But his scoring was good and he kept us in/won us a lot of games when we were being competitive. His defense was no worse then Melo's was this year.

Calling Rose Awful is a bit of an overstatement. He wasn't amazing, but he wasn't awful.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,743

Post#60 » by Adelheid » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:18 am

pb-ceo wrote:i think when he commented on the former mvp, pjax kind of revealed a lot about his term as POBO at NYK. he said DR gets "into the paint". Forgetting that he does not create for others when he gets there. And commented that DR "said he wants to be here". And "i like that he said he wants to be here". I think you see the level of insight you have evaluating your roster with these revealing statements by POBO. that pjax is "surprised" that a guy who wants a big contract says he "wants to be here" to a guy with ability to write a big check is well kind of astonishing.

Phil is hopeful that Rose drives can become a catalyst for making plays for other (it doesnt, as we have witnessed) and Noah overcoming health issues (it didnt) and Melo takes his game to another level (it didnt either).

The dreaded PJax "hopeful"...poorly calculated risk decisions.

Return to New York Knicks