ImageImageImageImageImage

Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#601 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 am

Thanks Dolan. Another 7 years of bad luck for tossing the legend Charles Oakley out of msg and then publicaly shaming him. The karma gods have informed me that will be added onto the 70 years of bad luck already accumulated by Dolan.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,539

Post#602 » by ctorres » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:02 am

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Besart19 wrote:we're getting a top3 pick... no doubt about it... Adam Silver is a Knick fan after all!!

Unless that anti-NYK conspiracy is true :D

Not a conspiracy but a curse. Picks 7-9....are the likely outcome.

I don't really get why ending up 7-9 is a problem.

I would be more than happy to draft Markkanen and have him bomb away threes alongside either KP or Willy. The spacing they can create would be a thing of beauty.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#603 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:24 am

mpharris36 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
his defense was horrible per usual. Didn't that lefty have a huge game because Melo was guarding him?

You're right. The 17 PTS clearly had no impact in a 1 PT victory

The guy he was guarding who is not a good offensive player Justin Anderson had 26 pts on 9-11 shooting. Anderson was a +8 while Melo was a -8...

I don't know how to be any more clearer. yes Melo scored 17 pts...he was a net negative on the court because he gave up more points than he scored...

We lost that game if Melo sat because there isn't somebody to counteract the 26 Anderson scored. It's that simple. What did you think? Somebody mysteriously was going to carry the load? They've proven time and again that not to be true.

A -8 means the team as a whole was a -8 during his stint on the floor. Take him out and it's probably a -20 for that specific time when he was on the floor against their starters.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,541

Post#604 » by The KnicksFix » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:42 am

I'm excited to draft that frenchman
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#605 » by DaGawd » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:53 am

ctorres wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Besart19 wrote:we're getting a top3 pick... no doubt about it... Adam Silver is a Knick fan after all!!

Unless that anti-NYK conspiracy is true :D

Not a conspiracy but a curse. Picks 7-9....are the likely outcome.

I don't really get why ending up 7-9 is a problem.

I would be more than happy to draft Markkanen and have him bomb away threes alongside either KP or Willy. The spacing they can create would be a thing of beauty.

That's an awful idea.. It's redundant af
BaF
Washington Wizards
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#606 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:55 am

dakomish23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
You're right. The 17 PTS clearly had no impact in a 1 PT victory

The guy he was guarding who is not a good offensive player Justin Anderson had 26 pts on 9-11 shooting. Anderson was a +8 while Melo was a -8...

I don't know how to be any more clearer. yes Melo scored 17 pts...he was a net negative on the court because he gave up more points than he scored...

We lost that game if Melo sat because there isn't somebody to counteract the 26 Anderson scored. It's that simple. What did you think? Somebody mysteriously was going to carry the load? They've proven time and again that not to be true.

A -8 means the team as a whole was a -8 during his stint on the floor. Take him out and it's probably a -20 for that specific time when he was on the floor against their starters.

lol your reaching and you know it. The knicks outscored the sixers 36-26 in the 4th qtr. Do you know how many minutes Melo played in the 4th qtr? ZERO! So not only did the knicks have there best offensive qtr with melo not playing a single minutes but they also held the sixers to 26 points.

Knicks were down 9 with melo playing a majoriy of the game. Melo played zero minutes in the 4th and we were a +10 in the 4th qtr. Care to explain that. Or are you still going to come up with some excuse.

Plumlee had 14 and 11 and a majority of that was in the 4th qtr. Get mad at him for hustling or N'dour for hitting a contested fade away. If anything Melo gave us a great chance to lose that game. He came out with zero energy. Sure he made a few jump shots but who cares if he is giving up twice as many points on the other end.

I don't think you understand how bad melo's defense is..he doesn't even try on that end.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#607 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:22 am

mpharris36 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

lol your reaching and you know it. The knicks outscored the sixers 36-26 in the 4th qtr. Do you know how many minutes Melo played in the 4th qtr? ZERO! So not only did the knicks have there best offensive qtr with melo not playing a single minutes but they also held the sixers to 26 points.

Knicks were down 9 with melo playing a majoriy of the game. Melo played zero minutes in the 4th and we were a +10 in the 4th qtr. Care to explain that. Or are you still going to come up with some excuse.

Plumlee had 14 and 11 and a majority of that was in the 4th qtr. Get mad at him for hustling or N'dour for hitting a contested fade away. If anything Melo gave us a great chance to lose that game. He came out with zero energy. Sure he made a few jump shots but who cares if he is giving up twice as many points on the other end.

I don't think you understand how bad melo's defense is..he doesn't even try on that end.

Were the same PHI players playing in the 4th quarter as earlier?

That's all I need to know
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Re: CFT: Knicks vs Timberwolves 4/18 3pm NBATV 

Post#608 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:17 am

Mecca wrote:Of f****ing course we won the last game of the season.

SMH...guess what feeling is coming back right now?

Pour up, drank, head shot, drank
Sit down, drank, stand up, drank
Pass out, drank, wake up, drank
Faded, drank, faded, drank....

Control...control...control....siggh
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer

Post#609 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:29 am

god shammgod wrote:what a sh*t hobby this is.....really. the hell was i thinking as a kid.

I wish when my parents landed at Kennedy 40 years ago they would have said "you know what, **** this place, let's go to Texas". But noooo...skyscrapers.

Loyalty is a bitch, man.
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer

Post#610 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:35 am

**** you, and your basketball Gods. I guess they were busy jerking each other off today.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,185

Post#611 » by gavran » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:10 am

Almost surprising.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#612 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:34 am

So we lucked out 2 years ago by dropping 1 spot in the draft..Maybe this is a blessing in disguise also?
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#613 » by Oscirus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:38 am

There's five pgs in this draft, the Knicks desperately need a PG but they're currently at 7-9, do people not get how **** bad that is? **** a Melo replacement, we need a god damn guard everybody knows this but for some reason people are determined to get more front court player because having a great front court with no back court worked so damn well for Chandler, Amare and Melo when they were here. :evil:
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#614 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:45 am

Oscirus wrote:There's five pgs in this draft, the Knicks desperately need a PG but they're currently at 7-9, do people not get how **** bad that is? **** a Melo replacement, we need a god damn guard everybody knows this but for some reason people are determined to get more front court player because having a great front court with no back court worked so damn well for Chandler, Amare and Melo when they were here. :evil:

Everybody here wants a guard. In the small chance not one of them falls to us (Because Jackson will be taken top 2, so that's 1 player off the board who is not a PG) we are debating on who we should settle for.

Being pick 7-8 we should be ok to land at least 1 of the PGs. More then likely it will be Frank Ntilikina or Dennis Smith. I doubt Smith falls to us which is a real shame, but at the same time he seems like he is a Derrick Rose clone. Great scorer, great athlete, me first mentality.

So.. we may have to settle for the Frenchmen or have to draft one of the forwards. :noway:
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,167

Post#615 » by aq_ua » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:57 am

Trying really hard to fall in love with Dennis and Frank. Neither rock my world, but if we end up with a forward or *shudder* another center, I will scream.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#616 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:16 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:So we lucked out 2 years ago by dropping 1 spot in the draft..Maybe this is a blessing in disguise also?

Here's the big difference. Knicks were still in the top 4. Now, the Knicks are looking at being towards the bottom of the top 10.

It's a little easier to be lucky each spot you move up. See Curry, Seth.
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#617 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:21 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:So we lucked out 2 years ago by dropping 1 spot in the draft..Maybe this is a blessing in disguise also?

Here's the big difference. Knicks were still in the top 4. Now, the Knicks are looking at being towards the bottom of the top 10.

Yes I understand this, but at the same time...many great players get drafted in the 7-15 range also. And many busts end up in the 1-5 range.

Im just trying to be partially optimistic here. :cry:
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#618 » by Bklyn&company » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:08 am

TUESDAY, MAY 16, 2017.....
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#619 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Yes I understand this, but at the same time...many great players get drafted in the 7-15 range also. And many busts end up in the 1-5 range.

Im just trying to be partially optimistic here. :cry:

I get you. It's really about odds. And the Warriors needed luck for their scenario in the TWolves drafting Flynn (Oh, and Thabeet at #2), but them being 1 slot ahead of the Knicks let THEM capitalize on the luck and the Knicks were left with the bust Jordan Hill.

Now, this draft is rumored to be deeper, and the Knicks blew it by not drafting DeRozen or Holiday or even Teague instead but is this draft REALLY deeper? Are we sure? KP's draft was touted as being deep, and I think this draft has better talent at the top 5 than that one did, and KP's draft had good players go later on (WCS - maybe...Bridges for sure) but are we as fans, after a season as bad as this, happy with a WCS or Bridges level talent? I guess if that talent is in a guards body, yeah. The Knicks are bad enough that I get any talent, even if it's yet another PF or C, wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm not sure any of the PF/C types are head and shoulders above any guard who might be left if the Knicks wind up at 8, which I'm convinced they will.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#620 » by Greenie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:27 pm

DievsZingis wrote:
god shammgod wrote:what a sh*t hobby this is.....really. the hell was i thinking as a kid.

I wish when my parents landed at Kennedy 40 years ago they would have said "you know what, **** this place, let's go to Texas". But noooo...skyscrapers.

Loyalty is a bitch, man.

Child abuse is real. Pass it down to your kid. Another Knick fan is born :banghead:

Return to New York Knicks