ImageImageImageImageImage

NFL Watch Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,949

Re: NFL Watch Thread 

Post#1001 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:10 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Image

The Jets taking the 3rd pick from the Colts.

I wouldn't go that far, the Colts got a great deal for themselves. They have a ton of holes all over the roster, they need picks. Even if Luck still isn't ready to come back, Brisset showed that he can at least hold the position down until he comes back. This means that they'll be able to land Chubb, Nelson or Fitzpatrick at the sixth pick or trade down yet again if one of the QB's are still there at six for a team like Buffalo or Arizona.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1002 » by EchelonNYK » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:11 pm

It was a joke.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1003 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:14 pm

zilby wrote:The only thing this reaffirms is that I have no clue why they put $15M into Teddy and McCown in the first place. I don't mind McCown coming back to be a mentor, but that's all he should be, and we overpaid given nobody else was in play for him. I also can't figure out what the plan is this year with the Trumaine Johnson signing, but are we rebuilding or what?

PS - is the Jets board totally not a thing anymore? Hadn't figured out where we stand on that mainly because I'm not here ever. :P

McCown was paid to be the good soldier once again. He's the mentor and the continuity in the locker room. Teddy was brought in to be the starter this year, reestablishing his value and quite possibly now a trade bait piece at the deadline or if a team loses a QB this year. I don't believe the McCown is the starter rhetoric.

In football, you can turn around a team in just one offseason, so adding Johnson gives us a number one CB that we needed, allows us to have a defense that could actually steal a game possibly. Our secondary all of a sudden is now one of the better ones, provided we actually allow Johnson to be a press corner.

Look at the Eagles. When they traded up for Wentz, no one would've predicted a Superbowl in just two years. It just goes to show how fast things can turn around in the NFL with one right pick. Please note, I'm not comparing the Jets to the Eagles.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1004 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:It was a joke.

Hardly, there are fans that are made that they didn't land a future first like some recent QB trade ups.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Post#1005 » by F N 11 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:

Hardly, there are fans that are made that they didn't land a future first like some recent QB trade ups.

Jets def won that in terms of positioning themselves to get a franchise QB. Some gms would of robbed them for their future first.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1006 » by F N 11 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:44 pm

I’m just happy Giants legit have a chance to take Barkley. They’re in the drivers seat. Maybe take advantage of the Jets and still land Barkley. I wouldn’t go beyond 4 because Browns would make it out with a Franchise qb and Barkley.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#1007 » by Oscirus » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:47 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

Jets def won that in terms of positioning themselves to get a franchise QB. Some gms would of robbed them for their future first.

Seriously in a qb hungry draft like this the colts could've gotten paid for this pick. Truth be told, they probably should've waited. Could've gotten more
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1008 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:32 pm

I love this move. I'm might even post my "Jets" emblem again, assuming they don't fck it up.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1009 » by F N 11 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:36 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:I love this move. I'm might even post my "Jets" emblem again, assuming they don't fck it up.

They can potentially land the rich kid that looks like Peyton and Rogers son.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1010 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:39 pm

K P 6 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I love this move. I'm might even post my "Jets" emblem again, assuming they don't fck it up.

They can potentially land the rich kid that looks like Peyton and Rogers son.

:lol: True!
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Obi-One
Analyst
And1: 1,963

Post#1011 » by Obi-One » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Giants are going QB. They have to resign Collins and OBJ next year so having a QB at a discount will be huge (like seahawks had with russ wilson). Eli has been washed for years now, Odell’s greatness masked his flaws and extended his years as a starter. Also, this draft is loaded with RB talent so we can probably get a starter in round 2.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1012 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:27 pm

K P 6 wrote:Jets def won that in terms of positioning themselves to get a franchise QB. Some gms would of robbed them for their future first.

I don't think the Colts were trying to get to greedy, but rather get the deal done now and start working on their next game plan. Like I said, it wouldn't shock me if someone wanted to trade up to get Chubb, Barkley or Fitzpatrick at all. Colts know their going to be bad next year, their doing the right thing IMO.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1013 » by F N 11 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:30 pm

Statrax wrote:Giants are going QB. They have to resign Collins and OBJ next year so having a QB at a discount will be huge (like seahawks had with russ wilson). Eli has been washed for years now, Odell’s greatness masked his flaws and extended his years as a starter. Also, this draft is loaded with RB talent so we can probably get a starter in round 2.

With a line and a Shurmur I have high hopes for Eli. Tom Brady would look terrible behind our line from last year. I kind of wanted to give up on him but I don’t see no clear cut can’t miss stud.
Obi-One
Analyst
And1: 1,963

Post#1014 » by Obi-One » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:50 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Statrax wrote:Giants are going QB. They have to resign Collins and OBJ next year so having a QB at a discount will be huge (like seahawks had with russ wilson). Eli has been washed for years now, Odell’s greatness masked his flaws and extended his years as a starter. Also, this draft is loaded with RB talent so we can probably get a starter in round 2.

With a line and a Shurmur I have high hopes for Eli. Tom Brady would look terrible behind our line from last year. I kind of wanted to give up on him but I don’t see no clear cut can’t miss stud.

All of the QBs are studs in this class. I can’t remember a draft with this many QBs with 1st round grades. Drafting Rosen will prevent us from paying 20 mil for the next Cousins or Keenum next free agency. We can then allocate that money to building up our line and resigning our stars. If we draft Barkley, I still don’t think we’ll be in playoff contention and we’ll be in QB hell next year.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1015 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:51 pm

K P 6 wrote:With a line and a Shurmur I have high hopes for Eli. Tom Brady would look terrible behind our line from last year. I kind of wanted to give up on him but I don’t see no clear cut can’t miss stud.

Hardly, what makes Brady/Pats so special is their willingness to adapt. Under McAdoo the Giants were the epitome of a stubborn team. It had to be McAdoo's way, it had to be his system. His entire offense was predicated to giving routes the time to develop, when you have a crap O-line you simply don't do that. It was obvious that McAdoo never cared for Eli, I truly believe he was legit throwing him under the bus.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1016 » by F N 11 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Statrax wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

All of the QBs are studs in this class. I can’t remember a draft with this many QBs with 1st round grades. Drafting Rosen will prevent us from paying 20 mil for the next Cousins or Keenum next free agency. We can then allocate that money to building up our line and resigning our stars. If we draft Barkley, I still don’t think we’ll be in playoff contention and we’ll be in QB hell next year.

I really think Barkley is he next big thing.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#1017 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Jets traded up to 3rd pick?
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#1018 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:20 pm

The New York Jets are doing everything they can to land a potentially franchise-altering quarterback in next month's draft.

The team announced Saturday it acquired the No. 3 overall pick of the draft in a trade with the Indianapolis Colts. The Jets are sending their sixth, 37th and 49th overall selections in this year's draft and their second-rounder in 2019 to Indianapolis.

HUGE!!! Great fkn trade!!! Get me a QB!!!
:beer: RIP mags
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,435

Post#1019 » by EnigmatiC » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:23 pm

What was the point of signing Bridgewater if we're drafting a QB?
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#1020 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:38 pm

2 options for the Giants now.

1. stay at 2 and take a QB
2. trade down

It makes no sense to take Barkley at 2. There is a really good chance he is available at 5. The Browns should take Chubb at 4 or trade out. There are still teams like the Cards that might want to move up to that pick for the 4th QB.

Return to New York Knicks