ImageImageImageImageImage

NFL Watch Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Re: NFL Watch Thread 

Post#1041 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:46 am

Polk377 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Well they only went up 3 spots and it wasn't the #1. They overpaid based off of the draft pick trade value chart.

Talk about having huge holes. The Jets could have really used those 2nds to build on a depleted team.

I would have to disagree with Allen and Mayfield ranking ahead of Mahomes and Watson last year. Both have less question marks and greater high end talent. I have Allen rated on par with Davis Webb last year who I believe would have been a 1st round pick ahead of Allen and Jackson this year.

When it comes to potential franchise QB's, the value chart is irrelevant. To move up one pick last year the Bears gave up two thirds and a fourth and that was just for insurance. Hell do you remember what the Redskins gave up to get RG3? Three firsts and a second. So compare that to those potential deals it's hardly an overpay. Now you can argue that the Jets don't have the luxury to know what QB they exactly traded up for, that's fair, but it's obvious that they like three of them.

Davis Webb to me I said earlier in this thread, lacks the critical element you need. Due to his big arm, he waits to much for his guys to get open, he wasn't an anticipation thrower at college. I think a lot of his hype just came from the fact Goff went first overall the year before.

I can understand the chart being irrelevant if you have your guy and desperately want them. Chicago knew they wanted Trobinsky so they payed big to get him. Washington wanted RG3 so they gave up a kings ransom. The Jets will ultimately settle for the 3rd ranked QB if the Giants trade out like most anticipate. I know why they did it but don't think true value wise it was the smartest move.

The only 2 QBs I can see being true franchise players are Darnold and Rosen. Mayfield and Allen to me while might being starter level talent will not be top 15 QBs in this league.

So if lets say Cleveland takes Darnold and Giants trade with Buffalo and they take Rosen, the Jets get a potential mid tier QB starter. For what they gave up is that really worth it?

Yes...it's worth it. Browns are morons. They could take Barkley. Giants...who knows what they will do. We have a shot if one if CLE/NYG love Barkley or another player. Then we get in on the top 2. That's not impossible.

The most important player on the field is the QB. We need one. Go after him. Obviously...they may have talked to CLE/NYG before talking to IND. I would HOPE so. If they aren't trading...we have to hope CLE makes their annual head scratcher. I'm pulling for that. I'm praying for it. I'm expecting it. All of my eggs are in that basket. I'm ok with it. If it fails....I'm ok with it.
:beer: RIP mags
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#1042 » by Polk377 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:48 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Polk377 wrote:So if lets say Cleveland takes Darnold and Giants trade with Buffalo and they take Rosen, the Jets get a potential mid tier QB starter. For what they gave up is that really worth it?

For me personally and I'd like to think all Jet fans would say yes. If we could have our own Cousins, Rivers, Garoppolo, Winston, Watson or Carr... [Just naming mid tier QB's] I think we'd kill for that even. Giant fans have to remember, not all fans have been blessed with Eli for over a decade. Me personally if I could watch one QB for the next decade giving me that level of play I'd be ecstatic.

I can respect that. As a die hard Knicks fan I know we have all been dying for a real PG forever. Honestly I think if he gets the chance Bridgewater could be the answer. The kid is tough and has something to prove.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#1043 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:05 am

Charlotte throwing it away! They just joined the tank?

Wrong thread...
:beer: RIP mags
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,412

Post#1044 » by ag3 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:32 am

Rosen Or Darnold. Either one are NFL ready studs.
Jets need Barkley to go 1 or 2 and then it guarantees either Rosen or Darnold.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,719

Post#1045 » by mpharris36 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:11 am

Daaaarryyl wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:I think it's Darnold man. He's been my ace in the hole this whole process. I like him a lot. Mayfield would do as well.

i see no way Darnold gets to #3

I think the giants are thinking Barkley or trade down because they believe the browns go Darnold @ #1...I think thats the case because I don't think the giants are interested in any other QB at #2 except Darnold so thats why Barkley or trade down are the only other options.

Say Darnold is gone, Bills cannot satisfy your needs/price and you love Barkley.

What would you want from the Jets to move up 1 spot?

Giants can play poker and make it look like they have a chance to trade back to Buffalo but in truth know there's no deal and that Barkley's their guy.

Jets want the next best QB on the board and are worried about a trade down.

Giants get Barkley and gain an asset from the Jets.

Hypothetically speaking, what would you want from the NYJ?

probably a similar trade to what the san fran got last year with the bears for one spot. It was a couple of 3's and a 4 I think.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,069

Post#1046 » by vallen » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:32 am

Fury wrote:
vallen wrote:Brady, Young, and Rodgers are just a few of the greats who sat multiple years before being handed the throne. maybe the Jets are actually going to develop properly for a change. Its a lot more than just picking the guy. I wouldn't worry about the signings. I think they still take a QB.

If this was a normal team I’d believe you but I get the feeling why are “filling holes” to go “bpa” that isn’t a QB

i beg to differ.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#1047 » by NY2TheBay » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:43 am

niners are doing some things. watch out, they're a problem next year.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#1048 » by Kinglee » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 am

As a Jets fan and I big college football fan, I just want to stay away from Darnold.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1049 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
When it comes to potential franchise QB's, the value chart is irrelevant. To move up one pick last year the Bears gave up two thirds and a fourth and that was just for insurance. Hell do you remember what the Redskins gave up to get RG3? Three firsts and a second. So compare that to those potential deals it's hardly an overpay. Now you can argue that the Jets don't have the luxury to know what QB they exactly traded up for, that's fair, but it's obvious that they like three of them.

Davis Webb to me I said earlier in this thread, lacks the critical element you need. Due to his big arm, he waits to much for his guys to get open, he wasn't an anticipation thrower at college. I think a lot of his hype just came from the fact Goff went first overall the year before.

I can understand the chart being irrelevant if you have your guy and desperately want them. Chicago knew they wanted Trobinsky so they payed big to get him. Washington wanted RG3 so they gave up a kings ransom. The Jets will ultimately settle for the 3rd ranked QB if the Giants trade out like most anticipate. I know why they did it but don't think true value wise it was the smartest move.

The only 2 QBs I can see being true franchise players are Darnold and Rosen. Mayfield and Allen to me while might being starter level talent will not be top 15 QBs in this league.

So if lets say Cleveland takes Darnold and Giants trade with Buffalo and they take Rosen, the Jets get a potential mid tier QB starter. For what they gave up is that really worth it?

Yes...it's worth it. Browns are morons. They could take Barkley. Giants...who knows what they will do. We have a shot if one if CLE/NYG love Barkley or another player. Then we get in on the top 2. That's not impossible.

The most important player on the field is the QB. We need one. Go after him. Obviously...they may have talked to CLE/NYG before talking to IND. I would HOPE so. If they aren't trading...we have to hope CLE makes their annual head scratcher. I'm pulling for that. I'm praying for it. I'm expecting it. All of my eggs are in that basket. I'm ok with it. If it fails....I'm ok with it.

I still think going for the QB is the right move considering how much a team can struggle in the NFL just to be decent if they do not have even a competent QB. However, history shows at least a couple of these high draft pick QBs will bust.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,415

Post#1050 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:26 pm

Jets will find a way to screw this up. Or another team will do something odd and screw the Jets up.

Great trade and all, but Jets will find a way.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1051 » by BeagleBoss » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Gmen just needs to take Darnold or Barkley and go home. No need to get cute unless some dumb team offers something you cannot refuse.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,711

Post#1052 » by Fat Kat » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:00 pm

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,711

Post#1053 » by Fat Kat » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1054 » by Polk377 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

It was confirmed that it wasn't Odell in that video. He should really change his look up. Too many people copying the Odell look now.
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,480

Post#1055 » by EnigmatiC » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:05 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Jets will find a way to screw this up. Or another team will do something odd and screw the Jets up.

Great trade and all, but Jets will find a way.

exactly, that's why its hard for me to get excited about this
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,355

Post#1056 » by Oscirus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:25 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
i see no way Darnold gets to #3

I think the giants are thinking Barkley or trade down because they believe the browns go Darnold @ #1...I think thats the case because I don't think the giants are interested in any other QB at #2 except Darnold so thats why Barkley or trade down are the only other options.

Say Darnold is gone, Bills cannot satisfy your needs/price and you love Barkley.

Giants can play poker and make it look like they have a chance to trade back to Buffalo but in truth know there's no deal and that Barkley's their guy.

probably a similar trade to what the san fran got last year with the bears for one spot. It was a couple of 3's and a 4 I think.

As much as they gave up, the Knicks are locked in on the third pick. If the Bills give up an insane amount to get the Giants pick, I guess they'll have to suck it up. Wouldn't worry about it though, Colts shopped the pick and the Jets offer was the best offer so I doubt the Bills give the Giants a deal to their liking.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1057 » by EchelonNYK » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:40 pm

Josh Rosen and ArDarius Stewart are going to be great friends

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/ucla-star-qb-josh-rosen-alabama
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1058 » by Polk377 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:48 am

Oscirus wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:

As much as they gave up, the Knicks are locked in on the third pick. If the Bills give up an insane amount to get the Giants pick, I guess they'll have to suck it up. Wouldn't worry about it though, Colts shopped the pick and the Jets offer was the best offer so I doubt the Bills give the Giants a deal to their liking.

I wish the Knicks were locked into the 3rd pick. :-P
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#1059 » by DowNY » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:50 am

Word around town, Jets and Giants got a buddy buddy deal going on.
With the Jets now in pick 3, it gave a bunch of leverage to the Giants. With the Jets overpaying for Colts pick, a team is going to have to overpay our way x 5 because everybody knows that it's going to be for a quarterback. The premium position.

With Giants new found leverage and their big love for Barkley, this pipes down the "Barkley to Browns at #1" talk. Now the Browns have to go QB at 1 because they don't know if the Giants AND Jets both will take a QB or if GMen will trade the pick to a QB needy team because Barkley is gone and effectively take 2 QBs out of play by pick 4.
Giants most likely get Barkley because of this trade & won't want to trade back because of the pressure Barkley will take off others on offense and open things up. Plus there's a sense that they crave a new face of their offense over OBJ. A much more positive face.
Giants end up with either Barkley (or a Hershel Walker ransom - though unlikely) & Jets end up with Rosen most likely or Mayfield as a fallback.
Win/Win for the best side of NY.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#1060 » by DowNY » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:53 am

Btw, if you got Allen over Mayfield....you're highly misinformed.
Rosen the best pure passer in the draft.
Mayfield the most accurate.

Rosen
Mayfield
Darnold
Lamar
Allen

Fills out my top 5 QB order.
Allen too much of a Hackenberg project and we don't have that time. Idc how good Teddy is.

Return to New York Knicks