ImageImageImageImageImage

NFL Watch Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Re: NFL Watch Thread 

Post#1361 » by Mecca » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 am

E-Balla wrote:
Fury wrote:
Mecca wrote:
I’d argue that I prefer Mayfield’s ceiling more than Rosen’s safeness.

Yeah, you can. Either way, we're definitely going to get one of them. At least that's cool.

Lamar better than both. A mediocre passer that probably has the 3rd highest arm potential (Mayfield and Darnold are better and will probably always be better throwing) but he will be a dominant running threat ala Cam Newton. People talk about injury concerns but he slides well when running and isn't too bold.

You can flip a coin with Baker and Lamar. I have them tied up.

Don’t really matter though as he isn’t in convo for BS reasons.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,009

Post#1362 » by Fury » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:01 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Fury wrote:
Mecca wrote:
I’d argue that I prefer Mayfield’s ceiling more than Rosen’s safeness.

Yeah, you can. Either way, we're definitely going to get one of them. At least that's cool.

Lamar better than both. A mediocre passer that probably has the 3rd highest arm potential (Mayfield and Darnold are better and will probably always be better throwing) but he will be a dominant running threat ala Cam Newton. People talk about injury concerns but he slides well when running and isn't too bold.

Ehhhh. I think Rosen is the best pure QB in the draft.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1363 » by E-Balla » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Fury wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Fury wrote:

I seriously don't get the Rosen hype at all. He's very mediocre. Not a great decision maker, not a great arm, not great accuracy, just ok at everything. I can see why its a positive he doesn't have any major negatives (besides the whole might not take football too seriously thing and locker room issues) but he has no major strengths either. Darnold has amazing accuracy with bad decision making ala Winston, Jackson has amazing athleticism and arm talent with bad consistency, and Mayfield has great accuracy with a small frame and arm. With all of them I can see a chance they become elite. With Rosen I see a guy with a Kirk Cousins ceiling.
Fury
RealGM

Post#1364 » by Fury » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:59 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Fury wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Lamar better than both. A mediocre passer that probably has the 3rd highest arm potential (Mayfield and Darnold are better and will probably always be better throwing) but he will be a dominant running threat ala Cam Newton. People talk about injury concerns but he slides well when running and isn't too bold.

I seriously don't get the Rosen hype at all. He's very mediocre. Not a great decision maker, not a great arm, not great accuracy, just ok at everything. I can see why its a positive he doesn't have any major negatives (besides the whole might not take football too seriously thing and locker room issues) but he has no major strengths either. Darnold has amazing accuracy with bad decision making ala Winston, Jackson has amazing athleticism and arm talent with bad consistency, and Mayfield has great accuracy with a small frame and arm. With all of them I can see a chance they become elite. With Rosen I see a guy with a Kirk Cousins ceiling.

His mechanics are sick, great footwork inside the pocket. Throws with anticipation even if he doesn't have the strongest arm in the draft class, experience under center, great when blitzed, is not afraid of taking the hit in the pocket, hes the total package without the elite athleticism.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,682

Post#1365 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Fury wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Fury wrote:

His mechanics are sick, great footwork inside the pocket. Throws with anticipation even if he doesn't have the strongest arm in the draft class, experience under center, great when blitzed, is not afraid of taking the hit in the pocket, hes the total package without the elite athleticism.

the football stuff never concerned me about Rosen. Smart kid, best pure passer in the draft. It's always been injury concerns and off the field stuff for me with him.

He doesn't have the biggest frame and he isn't mobile at all so how will he deal with hits from NFL lineman and linebackers? He has had injury and concussion history so one hit the wrong way does he call it quits? He comes from a well off family where he might just stop playing rather than risk further injury...if he does that in his 20's that could be destruction for a franchise that invest a top pick in him.

He's very outspoken about certain political issues and teams don't tend to love that there face of the franchise could possibly alienate a group of there fans with the things he says.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Fury
RealGM

Post#1366 » by Fury » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Fury wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I seriously don't get the Rosen hype at all. He's very mediocre. Not a great decision maker, not a great arm, not great accuracy, just ok at everything. I can see why its a positive he doesn't have any major negatives (besides the whole might not take football too seriously thing and locker room issues) but he has no major strengths either. Darnold has amazing accuracy with bad decision making ala Winston, Jackson has amazing athleticism and arm talent with bad consistency, and Mayfield has great accuracy with a small frame and arm. With all of them I can see a chance they become elite. With Rosen I see a guy with a Kirk Cousins ceiling.

the football stuff never concerned me about Rosen. Smart kid, best pure passer in the draft. It's always been injury concerns and off the field stuff for me with him.

He doesn't have the biggest frame and he isn't mobile at all so how will he deal with hits from NFL lineman and linebackers? He has had injury and concussion history so one hit the wrong way does he call it quits? He comes from a well off family where he might just stop playing rather than risk further injury...if he does that in his 20's that could be destruction for a franchise that invest a top pick in him.

He's very outspoken about certain political issues and teams don't tend to love that there face of the franchise could possibly alienate a group of there fans with the things he says.

I don't buy that cause theres many QBs who have come from well off families. Eli for one.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1367 » by E-Balla » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 pm

Fury wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Fury wrote:

I'll drop it here because we see 2 different guys. I agree he has good anticipation and footwork/mechanics but that's offset by how terrible he is improvising on the run.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1368 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:33 pm

Fury wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Fury wrote:

I don't buy that cause theres many QBs who have come from well off families. Eli for one.

Archie Manning was a QB (the manning family is a football family through and through)...there is a bit of a difference. That is a football family.

Josh Rosen's father is a Neurosurgeon, so obviously playing such a physical sport they are obviously aware of the risks more than anyone. There has been some questions about his "love" for the game and only playing when he feels 100%

Using your example, Eli Manning is one of the all time great competitors in football history with his ability to play game in and game out.

Like I said Rosen skills level I don't question...its the other stuff that would def concern me.

ROSTER

BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1369 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:47 pm

I'm fine with Barkley or Chubb at 2. All of the QBs have flaws and limitations so I can't blame Gettleman for passing on them. Barkley and Chubb are pretty much can't miss Stars. But out of all the QBs I like Darnold and Mayfield the most.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,934

Post#1370 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:26 pm

Read on Twitter
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1371 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:28 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Read on Twitter

the question is can we get involved in possible bills trade down scenario with the browns/bill to move back to #4 to take barkley and pick up a few extra picks to do it.

ROSTER

F N 11
RealGM

Post#1372 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:35 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Read on Twitter

the question is can we get involved in possible bills trade down scenario with the browns/bill to move back to #4 to take barkley and pick up a few extra picks to do it.

Lets not get greedy. If a good trade is not available take your guy. Barkley will have me super excited.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1373 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:36 pm

K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lets not get greedy. If a good trade is not available take your guy. Barkley will have me super excited.

im torn...I love him as a prospect but the value for a RB is not there especially in a RB deep draft

ROSTER

F N 11
RealGM

Post#1374 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:38 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

im torn...I love him as a prospect but the value for a RB is not there especially in a RB deep draft

Fournette and Zeke says you need us. He's arguably better than both.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1375 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:42 pm

K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Lets not get greedy. If a good trade is not available take your guy. Barkley will have me super excited.

my question to you would it make more sense to get

Sam Darnold if he's available and then possibly someone like Sony Michel in the second round is that more value then Barkley and whoever we pick in the 2nd round?

I am not saying I would be upset...I would still be super pumped because I think he will be a great player. I'm just throwing out different scenarios. From a standpoint of running backs longevity and the cap ramifications...for such a high value pick!

My ideal is to move down to #4 with the bills moving to #2...so it goes QB, QB, QB and we get Barkley plus value to move down. That would make taking a RB that high better at least for me because we can fill other positions of need.

ROSTER

EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1376 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:51 pm

K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Lets not get greedy. If a good trade is not available take your guy. Barkley will have me super excited.

I don't know if he's better than Fournette. But Zeke is definitely the better back between the two. He has to ability bounce to the outside and truck defenders in his way. Barkley goes down rather easily once he's being tackled. He's not the breaker that Zeke is.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1377 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:51 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Sam Darnold if he's available and then possibly someone like Sony Michel in the second round is that more value then Barkley and whoever we pick in the 2nd round?

I am not saying I would be upset...I would still be super pumped because I think he will be a great player. I'm just throwing out different scenarios. From a standpoint of running backs longevity and the cap ramifications...for such a high value pick!

My ideal is to move down to #4 with the bills moving to #2...so it goes QB, QB, QB and we get Barkley plus value to move down. That would make taking a RB that high better at least for me because we can fill other positions of need.

Youre thinking too hard. Hes the best player in the draft. We want to establish the running game and hes the final piece. Not to mention he can block and catch which helps Eli a chitload.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1378 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:54 pm

K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Fournette and Zeke says you need us. He's arguably better than both.

Youre thinking too hard. Hes the best player in the draft. We want to establish the running game and hes the final piece. Not to mention he can block and catch which helps Eli a chitload.

not really...this is what franchises do. Positions are weighted in the NFL.

If the best player was a safety...they still don't effect the game the same way QB, Left Tackles, and Defensive Ends.

Its just the way of the NFL and managing the cap (which is arguably the most important thing). Its really not over thinking it at all. The Giants have one superbowls with low round running backs.

I get it, I do. Barkely is a fantastic prospect both on and off the field and its very inciting I do agree. I trust DG to trust and evaluate the situation but this isn't a 100% lock situation for the factors I have laid out.

ROSTER

F N 11
RealGM

Post#1379 » by F N 11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:57 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

If the best players was a safety...they still don't effect the game the same way QB, Left Tackles, and Defensive Ends.

Its just the way of the NFL and managing the cap (which is arguably the most important thing). Its really not over thinking it at all.

Barkley will impact the game. Giants have not been able to run the ball since Tiki Barber. Tiki pretty much aided Eli's career. Without him Eli would probably be out the league. Eli with a running back with these receivers is very dangerous. Not to mention the improved O line.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1380 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:01 pm

K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Youre thinking too hard. Hes the best player in the draft. We want to establish the running game and hes the final piece. Not to mention he can block and catch which helps Eli a chitload.

If the best players was a safety...they still don't effect the game the same way QB, Left Tackles, and Defensive Ends.

Its just the way of the NFL and managing the cap (which is arguably the most important thing). Its really not over thinking it at all.

Barkley will impact the game. Giants have not been able to run the ball since Tiki Barber. Tiki pretty much aided Eli's career. Without him Eli would probably be out the league. Eli with a running back with these receivers is very dangerous. Not to mention the improved O line.

the 2007 and 2008 giants couldn't run the football? I think they were 3rd and 1st in the league respectively those two years. They won a superbowl pretty much with a running game and Eli making the right decisions. They didn't have a elite passing game that year.

Point is I just want you to think about. Giants won superbowls with Brandon Jacobs/Ahmed Bradshaw/Derrick Ward....all non high picks.

A running game is more reliant on a good/great offensive line then a RB IMO...But don't get me wrong I love barkley...but I see both sides of it.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks