ImageImageImageImageImage

NFL Watch Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TrentTucker6
Freshman
And1: 18

Re: OT: NFL Draft Watch Thread 

Post#741 » by TrentTucker6 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 11:58 pm

The Browns roster moves---Cousins makes a LOT of sense.

Cleveland can have a trio of WRs, my top TE from last years draft, a good OL and add:

Cousins
Barkley
Chubb to pair with Garrett = a very interesting team.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,992

Post#742 » by Fury » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:02 am

TrentTucker6 wrote:The Browns roster moves---Cousins makes a LOT of sense.

Cleveland can have a trio of WRs, my top TE from last years draft, a good OL and add:

Cousins
Barkley

They just traded for Tyrod tho. I expect him to be the placeholder for the rookie QB
TrentTucker6
Freshman

Post#743 » by TrentTucker6 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:15 am

Fury wrote:
TrentTucker6 wrote:The Browns roster moves---Cousins makes a LOT of sense.

Cousins
Barkley

They just traded for Tyrod tho. I expect him to be the placeholder for the rookie QB

Yet they are still scheduled to talk to Cousins. Tyrod/Rookie QB is a great plan 2a--but a backup QB is not (nor shouldn't) prevent them from gauging Cousins interest in moving to Cleveland. Remember, they have a billion dollars in cap space.
TrentTucker6
Freshman

Post#744 » by TrentTucker6 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:23 am

Annnddd a video just leaked of Odell in bed with a woman while holding a blunt while she appears to be holding a tray of cocaine. I've really tried to like this guy--but there is some on the field stuff combined with this that would make me pause before handing him the $80 million he's going to get. Bye bye.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#745 » by Polk377 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:28 am

TrentTucker6 wrote:Annnddd a video just leaked of Odell in bed with a woman while holding a blunt while she appears to be holding a tray of cocaine. I've really tried to like this guy--but there is some on the field stuff combined with this that would make me pause before handing him the $80 million he's going to get. Bye bye.

Looked for the video all over the internet and no proof that it exists.....
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#746 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:30 am

Polk377 wrote:
TrentTucker6 wrote:Annnddd a video just leaked of Odell in bed with a woman while holding a blunt while she appears to be holding a tray of cocaine. I've really tried to like this guy--but there is some on the field stuff combined with this that would make me pause before handing him the $80 million he's going to get. Bye bye.

Read on Twitter
TrentTucker6
Freshman

Post#747 » by TrentTucker6 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:31 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Lol
Polk377
General Manager

Post#748 » by Polk377 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:37 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Thanks for posting. His behavior will definitely have an impact on the money any team will give to him. There have been too many cases of player with talent acting themselves out of the league. I like what he can do on the field but as a fan I'm not married to him either.
bkzfinest11
Rookie
And1: 244

Post#749 » by bkzfinest11 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:47 am

Polk377 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Thanks for posting. His behavior will definitely have an impact on the money any team will give to him. There have been too many cases of player with talent acting themselves out of the league. I like what he can do on the field but as a fan I'm not married to him either.

is there more to the video. or just 3 seconds?
TrentTucker6
Freshman

Post#750 » by TrentTucker6 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:50 am

I’ll say this—from what we heard from the Giants locker room last year-giving Odell an extention now would not be the best thing for a new HC.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#751 » by Polk377 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:50 am

bkzfinest11 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks like just a quick Snapchat post. God I hate Snapshot and what it is doing to society.....
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#752 » by Jay10 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:55 am

Polk377 wrote:
bkzfinest11 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Thanks for posting. His behavior will definitely have an impact on the money any team will give to him. There have been too many cases of player with talent acting themselves out of the league. I like what he can do on the field but as a fan I'm not married to him either.

Looks like just a quick Snapchat post. God I hate Snapshot and what it is doing to society.....

Could also be the woman making sure she isn't snitching on herself with the drugs in front of her, by cutting the video before it shows her face.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#753 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:59 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm not going to get into what he was saying because it is a snippet but, female cutting up lines in a bed with him while he's holding what looks like a blunt? Not a good career move letting someone catch you like that.
:beer: RIP mags
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,931

Post#754 » by F N 11 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:04 am

Odell is done smh!! I knew it would happen sooner or later. This dude is a famous groupie. He already wilding. I’m having seconds thought on son now smh.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#755 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:06 am

ahhhhhhhhh goddamit Odell!! :banghead:

Idiot.
TrentTucker6
Freshman

Post#756 » by TrentTucker6 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:17 am

Well Vikings to Cousins looks like it’s almost done. Things will at last be settled on the FA QB front soon. Cleveland apparently is going to move forward with Barkley. If they are committed to this system around Tyrod, then Mayfield makes the most sense at #4.

If the Giants take Nelson at 2-the only thing that would make up for taking a G that high for me is taking Kyle Lauletta in the 2nd. I really liked his film from this year.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#757 » by taj2133 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:21 am

Richard Sherman - DB - 49ers
49ers signed CB Richard Sherman, formerly of the Seahawks, to a three-year, $39.15 million contract.

The deal includes a $5 million signing bonus. It took Sherman just over 24 hours to land a new team after being let go by the Seahawks on Friday. There was some thought he would have to settle for a short, prove-it-type deal coming off a torn Achilles, but obviously the Niners had no qualms about Sherman's health. The 29-year-old has been one of the league's best corners since arriving as a fifth-round pick in 2011 and gives San Francisco's secondary an immediate boost. It's a homecoming of sorts for Sherman, who played collegiately at Stanford. By staying in the NFC West, Sherman will get to suit up against his former mates twice a year.
Related: Seahawks
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Ma
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?ls=roto:nfl:gnav&rw=1
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager

Post#758 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:34 am

TrentTucker6 wrote:Well Vikings to Cousins looks like it’s almost done. Things will at last be settled on the FA QB front soon. Cleveland apparently is going to move forward with Barkley. If they are committed to this system around Tyrod, then Mayfield makes the most sense at #4.

If the Giants take Nelson at 2-the only thing that would make up for taking a G that high for me is taking Kyle Lauletta in the 2nd. I really liked his film from this year.

I heard Denver likes him in the 2nd if they don't get Rosen in the 1st. But, if you don't take a QB at 2, it makes no sense to take one at all in this draft. If it's not one of the top guys, then he's essentially the same as Webb. You're wasting a very valuable pick on a developmental QB.
TrentTucker6
Freshman

Post#759 » by TrentTucker6 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:55 am

Da_Mane_Man wrote:
TrentTucker6 wrote:Well Vikings to Cousins looks like it’s almost done. Things will at last be settled on the FA QB front soon. Cleveland apparently is going to move forward with Barkley. If they are committed to this system around Tyrod, then Mayfield makes the most sense at #4.

I heard Denver likes him in the 2nd if they don't get Rosen in the 1st. But, if you don't take a QB at 2, it makes no sense to take one at all in this draft. If it's not one of the top guys, then he's essentially the same as Webb. You're wasting a very valuable pick on a developmental QB.

I have to rewatch Webb, but from our notes from last years film, and preseason he’s a lot more robotic in his reads, Laundetta climbs the pocket, displays a better sense of awareness in bull rush and blitz situations, throws on the run a lot better, and goes through his progressions a lot smoother. He has a lot more tools then Webb. I’d personally go Darnold if the Browns don’t.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager

Post#760 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:30 am

TrentTucker6 wrote:
Da_Mane_Man wrote:

I have to rewatch Webb, but from our notes from last years film, and preseason he’s a lot more robotic in his reads, Laundetta climbs the pocket, displays a better sense of awareness in bull rush and blitz situations, throws on the run a lot better, and goes through his progressions a lot smoother. He has a lot more tools then Webb. I’d personally go Darnold if the Browns don’t.

I would go Darnold too.

But what's better, Darnold & Will Hernandez or Quentin Nelson & Lauletta?

If we can actually trade down to 5 and take Nelson, I'll attempt backflips.

Return to New York Knicks