ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread #13 Jason Voorhees Ed. - (1st Round: 8th, 2nd Round 44th, 58th)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

What To Do @8th?

Trade Up
6%
Trade Down
3%
Pick BPA (regardless of need)
19%
Monk
8%
Tatum
1%
Isaac <-- Screw You!
8%
DSJ
23%
Nikilita
21%
Fox
8%
Markannen
4%

Total votes: 158

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Draft Thread #13 Jason Voorhees Ed. - (1st Round: 8th, 2nd Round 44th, 58th) 

Post#1 » by magnumt » Wed May 17, 2017 8:20 pm

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: Draft Thread #13 Jason Voorhees Ed. - (1st Round: 8th, 2nd Round 44th, 58th) 

Post#2 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Watch more **** games.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Re: Draft Thread #13 Jason Voorhees Ed. - (1st Round: 8th, 2nd Round 44th, 58th) 

Post#3 » by ibraheim718 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Frank has a hard time getting any separation with the dribble and he isn't quite quick enough with the ball to get around the corner. He is really good at closing out on the 3pt line.
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#4 » by eagle54 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
eagle54 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
True, but was responding to the just 1 TO in two month statement.

I saw some of one of the game, and he looked a little sloppy at times when he had the ball. Was mostly playing off the ball

I just want to know :
Smith 3.4 To, Fox 2.4 To , Monk 2 To, not TO prone ??

Smith and Fox are playing PG and have the ball in there hands a lot more. They make mistakes, but make there fair share of plays. I wouldn't disagree to say they are turnover prone either.

Frank's not really even playing PG right now...in the FIBA under18 tournament he did, and had 6.5 assists to 4.8 turnovers per 40. He just looks way more turnover prone right now as a PG. Sure he can def improve, but right now I would have to list it as a flaw. He just really needs to clean up his handles and some of the sloppy passes a lot more then the other top pgs.

Why you say he's not play PG ? He play PG in Sig, just Pg in europe anw moreover for 18 years old player, he's not keep the ball 20 s per possession. Lots of system and movement so he have'nt the ball in the hands lot of time but he plays PG.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,197

Post#5 » by mpharris36 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:24 pm

moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
The Knicks (especially once they part ways with Anthony and Rose) will be arguably the least talented team in the NBA (it's Porzingis and pretty much nothing else...explains why he's upset). Teams win in the NBA with talent as much anything else (all you have to do is take a look at the top 2 teams in the NBA). They need talent to build a foundation around. You can find defensive role players later on in the lifecycle. The Knicks need talent. They need to draft and acquire talent. Talent needs to be their no.1 goal and focus.

I would assume most of the people that want to draft frank believe he has talent. Why would anyone want to pick a defensive minded role player at 8?

I don't know. The bulk of the arguments from the peanut gallery on him has centered around "defense" and "wingspan". That's role player talk. Again, IF they take him the top 2 reasons better not be "defender" and "wingspan". That's my point.

I think I have heard defense and measurables as two qualities, which you stated. I think I have also heard shooting. I have also head project-ability on the offensive end. And room for improvement when he gets NBA level diet/workout like a skinny giannis did.

I assume if the knicks take him at 8 they believe that is offensive game will develop overtime. That is obviously what scouting is for.

Just like if Malik Monk is the pick at 8 I hope the scouting believes he more than a Lou Williams type guard. Because you don't pick a 6th man scorer with the 8th pick as well.

So yes Franks offense for sure is behind someone like DSjr at the moment. But its not ridiculous for the knicks to believe he could eventually be the better all around player. At least I hope thats the case if they draft him.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#6 » by knickstape21 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Interesting month ahead of us. Just really hope we can move Melo for a decent pick and/or Oquinn/Lee. Would like to come away with 5 drafted players and start to build a home grown team here.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#7 » by ibraheim718 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:24 pm

None of these guys are really appealing to me projected to go around 8. Maybe Phil should trade down.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#8 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed May 17, 2017 8:25 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
It was genuine curiosity. Why did I ask? Because I saw that you are high on Frank, I wanted to know how high. You caught my eye with the screenshot post of other posters and genuinely wanted to know. You figured I wanted to argue over where you have a guy personally ranked? Wrong assumption, I would never argue about where someone ranks a player, I might disagree but never argue. Right then I knew this wasnt going anywhere and my genuine curiousity got lost. The rest Im not going to weed through based off of currently development and try to understand where you have these guys ranked. Dont care enough. This was genuine curiousity.

Before I said "you wanted to argue" which was I was being funny with hence the laughter emoji. I basically told you how high. I said I ranked him EIGHTH which is where we pick. Thats where I am confused on me saying how did not I not tell you how high he is. I mean 8th tells you how high I see him. I have no problem if I assumed the wrong thing of your intent. It happens. I also think you take what I say to you to personal. This is far from sideways. Me telling you to Fucc off is sideways in my eyes. Which i did not do. Im from Brooklyn NY. I speak BLUNTLY.

OK, Im trying to figure out where you got Frank ranked amongst his PG peers in this draft. Before Fox? Before DSJr?

I had to go back cause I was sure I asked you where you had him ranked amongst the PGs specifically Fox and DSJr. You said I have him ranked where we pick at 8. So naturally, followed that up. I dont get down with emjoi lingo, it can be used genuinely or in a condescending way. Im not going to get into what sideways means to me, all I care about is if cats are keeping it 100. If not, no need to quote them or talk ball.

well then you must have assumed that it was condescending if you think Im coming at you sideways? :o :lol: (j/k)

I did not even flip on you the last time and you brought it up like I was sideways with you. Stop taking my bluntness personal. Cause I remember the last exchange and I did not disrespect you. Disrespect is coming sideways where I am from. Not Being Blunt.

At the end of the of day, I thought my answer was self explaintiory. Last Guard left. we pick at 8. I thought that would explain I have both DSJ and Fox above. you did not get that from my post? its cool. Aint no harm, so it aint no foul. Like I said. Its the internet. **** gets twisted. Now you know. Fox and DSJ are above him as first year prospects in my eyes.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#9 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:25 pm

John Wall averaged 4 turnovers per game on a loaded team. The fact that DSJr averaged 3 on a **** team where he received all of the defensive attention is not a reason to worry.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#10 » by ibraheim718 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:25 pm

I would move Melo just to move up.

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#11 » by ibraheim718 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:John Wall averaged 4 turnovers per game on a loaded team. The fact that DSJr averaged 3 on a **** team where he received all of the defensive attention is not a reason to worry.

You're not worried about his knees in conjunction with his style of play because I am?
captvict
Sixth Man
And1: 512

Post#12 » by captvict » Wed May 17, 2017 8:28 pm

I don't understand all this DSJ hype. Just extend Rose 3 years and save the pick on somebody else. Heck Rose was averaging what ,,,,17 and 5 even with Melo hogging the ball

I would trade Willie for a pick. He has to be worth something

I would go Lauri here. He is a way better shooter and scorer than Willie will ever be imo

Rose
Ferguson. (The Willie pick)
Carmelo
KP
Lauri
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,042

Post#13 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#14 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:29 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:John Wall averaged 4 turnovers per game on a loaded team. The fact that DSJr averaged 3 on a **** team where he received all of the defensive attention is not a reason to worry.

You're not worried about his knees in conjunction with his style of play because I am?

Nope, not really...but, as I said yesterday, I'm finishing up law school and not med school for a reason. Watching him play, it's clear (at least to me) that he's not reliant on his athleticism - he uses it, of course, but he's not the same herky jerky athlete Rose was, he changes speeds well, and he can play without using his athleticism with his shot and his good vision/ability to create by simply running plays.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#15 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:30 pm

captvict wrote:I don't understand all this DSJ hype. Just extend Rose 3 years and save the pick on somebody else. Heck Rose was averaging what ,,,,17 and 5 even with Melo hogging the ball

I would trade Willie for a pick. He has to be worth something

I would go Lauri here. He is a way better shooter and scorer than Willie will ever be imo

Rose
Ferguson. (The Willie pick)
Carmelo
KP
Lauri

Lauri is a **** rebounder, a **** defender, and DSJr is nothing like Rose besides being athletic and attacking the rim. That's it. DSJr has better vision and sees the court better than Rose ever did. That alone sets them apart. Watching games it becomes more evident.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,042

Post#16 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 17, 2017 8:31 pm

whoever compares smith to rose deserves to get banned
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#17 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:I would move Melo just to move up.

I'm okay with that.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#18 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 pm

eagle54 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
eagle54 wrote:I just want to know :
Smith 3.4 To, Fox 2.4 To , Monk 2 To, not TO prone ??

Smith and Fox are playing PG and have the ball in there hands a lot more. They make mistakes, but make there fair share of plays. I wouldn't disagree to say they are turnover prone either.

Frank's not really even playing PG right now...in the FIBA under18 tournament he did, and had 6.5 assists to 4.8 turnovers per 40. He just looks way more turnover prone right now as a PG. Sure he can def improve, but right now I would have to list it as a flaw. He just really needs to clean up his handles and some of the sloppy passes a lot more then the other top pgs.

Why you say he's not play PG ? He play PG in Sig, just Pg in europe anw moreover for 18 years old player, he's not keep the ball 20 s per possession. Lots of system and movement so he have'nt the ball in the hands lot of time but he plays PG.

I was watching some recent games and he was playing mostly off the ball. Most of his scoring is coming off catch and shoot or screens. Most of his passes are coming off picks. Havent seen most of his games so i am just going by recent games and highlights of older ones. Doesnt seem like hes been heavily involved per the stats either

Was he playing more PG before?
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#19 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:whoever compares smith to rose deserves to get banned

Seriously. I was one of the most vocal, if not the most vocal, anti-Rose poster since the trade so y'all would think that if they were in fact the same player, I'd be the most vocal and be the one to lead the anti-DSJr train...and yet, here I am...leading the "if he's there at 8, take him and run **** fast" movement because they are nothing alike besides being athletic freaks (Rose also appears to be more of a two foot leaper, whereas DSJr is a freak both ways).
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,691

Post#20 » by Fat » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:

he wont play that style regardless in the triangle. if the ball isnt his hand his production takes a hit
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams

Return to New York Knicks