ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread #16 Sweet Ed. - (1st Round: 8th, 2nd Round 44th, 58th)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Come On Down @8th?!

Trade Up
4%
Trade Down
4%
Pick BPA (regardless of need)
12%
Monk
16%
Tatum
No votes
Isaac <-- Screw You!
8%
DSJ
34%
Nikilita
14%
Fox
4%
Markannen
4%

Total votes: 112

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,692

Re: Draft Thread #16 Sweet Ed. - (1st Round: 8th, 2nd Round 44th, 58th) 

Post#641 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 5, 2017 9:57 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
You could see with Winslow that his shot just wasn't there at all. He was such a superior athlete in college that he could out run and overpower his peers there. But without a jump shot, not in the NBA.

So who can shoot from distance in this draft? Fultz, Ball, Monk, Tatum, Ntilikina, Markkanen. Wait, did I just say Markkanen?
How would he look on our team? Imagine that we did a sign and trade Rose for Rubio and traded Melo while drafting Markkanen. Also imagine that we acquired Harkless and a late #1 from Portland to help them out. We'd look like this:

Rubio/Baker/Mason
Lee/Holiday/Randall
KP/O'Quinn/Lance/Ndour/Swanigan
Willy/Noah/Plumlee
Markkanen/Harkless/Kuz

That team would provide a lot of spacing. Would probably thrive in the triangle offense. Our defense would probably suffer though although the reports are that Markkanen patrols the perimeter well for a big man and wouldn't be worse than Melo was.

We'd also have Harkless, whatever we got for Melo, Lance, Baker, Randall, Swanigan (with Portland's #1), Frank Mason (with our #44), O'Quinn, Noah, Plumlee, Ndour, maybe Holiday.
Something else to think about.

i'm sorry, did you just make KP a 3?

Yep, there's no point in taking Lauri.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,692

Post#642 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 5, 2017 10:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Is there anyway the Knicks can swing a deal for Rubio yet also absorb even one contract from the Blazers to get a pick?

I honestly don't see it and think that this is an either/or scenario, or that the Rubio rumors are straight BS, which is actually my first inclination.

Yes, I know that the Knicks could renounce Rose and then do a CLee for Rubio but that doesn't seem like a deal they would make because the Knicks depth at SG is basically CLee and hope Holiday resigns, which face it, he won't.

I think we need to bring back a draft pick in any trade. If not, then we shouldn't do it. Especially when it comes to a salary dump, as is the case with the Wolves seeking to trade Rubio.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#643 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 5, 2017 10:21 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:nobody, there's nobody there that's going to be anything special because the knicks don't how to suck correctly.

knicks blew it.

but if you have to pick one

none of them are anything special, i've said it before i'd rather trade down and get someone that'll know his role off the bench and expectations won't be high so we won't deal with any "player A is better than fultz" threads.

Keeping your options open to complain about any player they take?

Good move. I admire your consistency. :D
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,041

Post#644 » by Reign23 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 10:40 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Reign23 wrote:

none of them are anything special, i've said it before i'd rather trade down and get someone that'll know his role off the bench and expectations won't be high so we won't deal with any "player A is better than fultz" threads.

good point :lol:
formerly known as knickst4pe
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#645 » by Amsterdam » Mon Jun 5, 2017 10:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Reign23 wrote:

Like this? :)

N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#646 » by N Y K » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:10 pm

so any workout news or just conversation amongst ourselves?
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#647 » by N Y K » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:20 pm

Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#648 » by Esq-4 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:33 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:
So who can shoot from distance in this draft? Fultz, Ball, Monk, Tatum, Ntilikina, Markkanen. Wait, did I just say Markkanen?
How would he look on our team? Imagine that we did a sign and trade Rose for Rubio and traded Melo while drafting Markkanen. Also imagine that we acquired Harkless and a late #1 from Portland to help them out. We'd look like this:

Rubio/Baker/Mason
Lee/Holiday/Randall
Willy/Noah/Plumlee
Markkanen/Harkless/Kuz

That team would provide a lot of spacing. Would probably thrive in the triangle offense. Our defense would probably suffer though although the reports are that Markkanen patrols the perimeter well for a big man and wouldn't be worse than Melo was.

We'd also have Harkless, whatever we got for Melo, Lance, Baker, Randall, Swanigan (with Portland's #1), Frank Mason (with our #44), O'Quinn, Noah, Plumlee, Ndour, maybe Holiday.

Yep, there's no point in taking Lauri.

I think he has Lauri at 3, but still doesn't make sense. How are we getting Harkless a POR pick and Rubio?

This is probably the functional equivalent of a salary dump in the sense that we would need to use the cap space to sign and trade Rose, but a Rose for Rubio could still be the deal in a s&t. Might be MINs only shot at him, if they want him.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#649 » by GONYK » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:37 pm

Esq-4 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:

Rubio/Baker/Mason
Lee/Holiday/Randall
Willy/Noah/Plumlee
Markkanen/Harkless/Kuz

I think he has Lauri at 3, but still doesn't make sense. How are we getting Harkless a POR pick and Rubio?

This is probably the functional equivalent of a salary dump in the sense that we would need to use the cap space to sign and trade Rose, but a Rose for Rubio could still be the deal in a s&t. Might be MINs only shot at him, if they want him.

That's even worse
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#650 » by whocares1 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:45 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Is there anyway the Knicks can swing a deal for Rubio yet also absorb even one contract from the Blazers to get a pick?

I honestly don't see it and think that this is an either/or scenario, or that the Rubio rumors are straight BS, which is actually my first inclination.

Yes, I know that the Knicks could renounce Rose and then do a CLee for Rubio but that doesn't seem like a deal they would make because the Knicks depth at SG is basically CLee and hope Holiday resigns, which face it, he won't.

I think we need to bring back a draft pick in any trade. If not, then we shouldn't do it. Especially when it comes to a salary dump, as is the case with the Wolves seeking to trade Rubio.

If a trade happens with Portland it'll likely be for Evan Turner who would be the shooting guard depth if Lee were to be traded for Rubio.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#651 » by Dantares » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:54 pm

whocares1 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

If a trade happens with Portland it'll likely be for Evan Turner who would be the shooting guard depth if Lee were to be traded for Rubio.

Turner and Rubio don't really fit though. We would have no perimeter shooting from our guards.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#652 » by magnumt » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:57 pm

GONYK wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Fair enough, but there have also been plenty of American busts as well. There is no science to this. You look for certain skills, trust your ability to develop, and then just pray :lol:

True.

But if we are talking top 10, there have been more Euro misses then US misses. It would be foolish to rule out drafting all Euros as KP showed....But likewise, it would be foolish to consider all Euro's as safe. I just don't know about Frank. Would just like to see more production from him.

What is the proof of this?

Here are the last 10 drafts, and the American busts/disappointments vs. the International busts/disappointments in the top 10.

1. Oden (injuries)
5. Jeff Green

6. Yi Jianlian
7. Corey Brewer
8. Brandan Wright
10. Spencer Hawes

2. Michael Beasley
3. OJ Mayo
8. Joe Alexander
9. DJ Augustin

2. Hasheem Thabeet
6. Jonny Flynn

2. Evan Turner
4. Wesley Johnson
6. Ekpe Udoh

2. Derrick Williams
6. Jan Vesely
10. Jimmer Freddette

5. Thomas Robinson

1. Anthony Bennett
4. Cody Zeller
7. Ben McLemore
9. Trey Burke

5. Dante Exum
8. Nik Stauskus

3. Jahlil Okafor
5. Mario Hezonja
7. Emmanual Mudiay
10. Justise Winslow

5. Kris Dunn
6. Buddy Hield

Mudiay was international wasn't he?

Great list btw! :clap:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,269

Post#653 » by Knicks Byke » Tue Jun 6, 2017 12:19 am

I'm not watching any pre draft interviews as these kids are taught what to say. PJax got it right when he said they try to throw them off balance with their answers during interviews.

3 more **** weeks.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#654 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jun 6, 2017 12:29 am

Knicks Byke wrote:I'm not watching any pre draft interviews as these kids are taught what to say. PJax got it right when he said they try to throw them off balance with their answers during interviews.

3 more **** weeks.

i can tell who is real tho. fox is real. frank mason is real. mitchell is real.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#655 » by Amsterdam » Tue Jun 6, 2017 12:34 am

Dantares wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Turner and Rubio don't really fit though. We would have no perimeter shooting from our guards.

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,971

Post#656 » by DaGawd » Tue Jun 6, 2017 12:53 am

islanders11040 wrote:

I like that the thing that he mentions he is working on in particular is tightening up his handle's to play on the ball more for the NBA.

There we have it.. His PG abilities were suppressed by Cal at Kentucky... Draft this man of he's there at 8 to be our PG of the future Phillip
BaF
Washington Wizards
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#657 » by whocares1 » Tue Jun 6, 2017 1:09 am

DaGawd wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:

I like that the thing that he mentions he is working on in particular is tightening up his handle's to play on the ball more for the NBA.

There we have it.. His PG abilities were suppressed by Cal at Kentucky... Draft this man of he's there at 8 to be our PG of the future Phillip

He has perfect form on that jumpshot. Kings taking him and shocking everybody...or Philly.
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#658 » by 2010 » Tue Jun 6, 2017 1:12 am

This schit is dragging. Wish this draft would get here and go down already.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#659 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 6, 2017 1:14 am

get 20 from portland, use it with 8 to get the laker's #2. get monk.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#660 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 6, 2017 1:15 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Knicks Byke wrote:I'm not watching any pre draft interviews as these kids are taught what to say. PJax got it right when he said they try to throw them off balance with their answers during interviews.

3 more **** weeks.

i can tell who is real tho. fox is real. frank mason is real. mitchell is real.

i've been saying all along i want the knicks to grab mason in the second round. it'd be awesome if knicks could somehow get mitchell too
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/

Return to New York Knicks