ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who ya wanna tank for?

Luka Doncic
54%
Marvin Bagley
11%
Michael Porter Jr
23%
Mohamed Bamba
3%
DeAndre Ayton
3%
Hamidou Diallo
1%
Kevin Knox
2%
Colin Sexton
1%
Miles Bridges
2%
Isaac Bonga
2%

Total votes: 171

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Re: 2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL) 

Post#1981 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:21 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
And Jeff lead a PHX to team like 50 wins. So there goes that. The Lightbulb does come on in sports.

and he hasn't done anything ever since that season. so there goes that

we'll have to see what happens, it's hard to make a prediction based off games

I don't deal in absolutes in sports. The fact of the matter is that a wise man realizes that there is potential to NOT be that bad(top 5). Its simple mathematics.

we're on the same page then

like i said in my previous post, i don't know if we're top 5 bad anymore. it's still possible though.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#1982 » by N Y K » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:22 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
N Y K wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Yeah the 8th pick. Which is not what people want.

We were picking in the 20s in the beginning last year...

Whats your point? that's irrelevant to whats being said. Everyone for the most part wants to be top five bad....which there is no guarantee that we are.

What are you even talking about? My point is absolutely relevant.

The season is long af and it is wayyyyy to early to determine anything.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1983 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:26 pm

The problem with most posters is that most of what they are saying is based in faith or hope of what they want the desired outcome to be. Its not based on much other than that. I dont say seriously the tank is on or off. I approach it from a scientifical standpoint and accept that the record will be what it will be. I have no control over it, I simply don't know. Liek i said I dont put my eggs into one basket a few pages ago. So people saying **** like, oh its a couple of games, and people are saying the tank is off are backwards to me, cause just because its a couple of games, the tank should NOT be ON EITHER. Its too early for ANY OF THAT schit if you ask me. I mean people were jumping up and down when was number #1 after only 3 games....I mean really. lol
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,688

Post#1984 » by mpharris36 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:30 pm

I just think its natural for the board to react either way. When we started 0-3 I think most said the knicks would be fighting with the bulls for the worst pick. But now we have looked good for 2 games people think we have a legit shot at making a run for the playoffs.

Realistically its probably right in between. We def aren't a playoff team and we def aren't the worse team in the league. But anything can happen. All it takes for KP to get banged up a little bit to go on a large losing streak. Things change week to week from this board.

Some people went as far as saying we had some of the worst talent in the league then after beating LeBron we had a post about LeBron might be wise to come to our core.

Lot of extremes on this board...it usually falls in between.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1985 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:32 pm

mpharris36 wrote:I just think its natural for the board to react either way. When we started 0-3 I think most said the knicks would be fighting with the bulls for the worst pick. But now we have looked good for 2 games people think we have a legit shot at making a run for the playoffs.

Realistically its probably right in between. We def aren't a playoff team and we def aren't the worse team in the league. But anything can happen. All it takes for KP to get banged up a little bit to go on a large losing streak. Things change week to week from this board.

Some people went as far as saying we had some of the worst talent in the league then after beating LeBron we had a post about LeBron might be wise to come to our core.

I personally think we mid lotto level like I told you yesterday. And Mid Lotto is not tanking. So yeah in between. :lol:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1986 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:39 pm

N Y K wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
N Y K wrote:We were picking in the 20s in the beginning last year...

Whats your point? that's irrelevant to whats being said. Everyone for the most part wants to be top five bad....which there is no guarantee that we are.

What I am talking about? stop saying schit like its only a few games and people saying the tank is "off". The reality is that it goes both ways. Stop saying the tank is on. It's to early for ANY OF THAT SCHIT. PERIOD.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1987 » by mpharris36 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:39 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:I just think its natural for the board to react either way. When we started 0-3 I think most said the knicks would be fighting with the bulls for the worst pick. But now we have looked good for 2 games people think we have a legit shot at making a run for the playoffs.

I personally think we mid lotto like I told you yesterday. And Mid Lotto is not tanking. So yeah in between. :lol:

tanking is a fans term though. I don't think any player or coach intentionally throwns games. I want the giants to lose out and I want to tank but I know they won't. They will probably want to knock off Dallas or Philly in the last games at home...so I get the Knicks aren't going to tank. I was just hoping the roster would be bad enough around a couple of our good young pieces to lose enough to at least have a fighting shot at top 3...

for example the kings had the 8th worst record and there ping pong balls got them a top 3 pick. So yes would I like to be 3rd or 4th worst record...sure. But can I like with the 7th or 8th worst record with KP/Frank/Timmy play high quality ball...sure.

Tanking is a fans term unless your are sam hinkie and that hasn't worked the way they though. Sure they got Simmons and Embiid but they are struggling because they don't know how to win. And people will get fired at the end of this year because they actually had expectations and they need to blame it on someone.

But to round out my point I think we all hoped for a bad record but realized the actual team won't throw games for a better pick. It's just a fans dream.

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1988 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:42 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

I personally think we mid lotto like I told you yesterday. And Mid Lotto is not tanking. So yeah in between. :lol:

tanking is a fans term though. I don't think any player or coach intentionally throwns games. I want the giants to lose out and I want to tank but I know they won't. They will probably want to knock off Dallas or Philly in the last games at home...so I get the Knicks aren't going to tank. I was just hoping the roster would be bad enough around a couple of our good young pieces to lose enough to at least have a fighting shot at top 3...

for example the kings had the 8th worst record and there ping pong balls got them a top 3 pick. So yes would I like to be 3rd or 4th worst record...sure. But can I like with the 7th or 8th worst record with KP/Frank/Timmy play high quality ball...sure.

Tanking is a fans term unless your are sam hinkie and that hasn't worked the way they though. Sure they got Simmons and Embiid but they are struggling because they don't know how to win. And people will get fired at the end of this year because they actually had expectations and they need to blame it on someone.

But to round out my point I think we all hoped for a bad record but realized the actual team won't throw games for a better pick. It's just a fans dream.

My dude, you typed all this for nothing. Why do you feel the need to explaining to me what Tanking is as if I dont know. I simply said that mid lotto is in between the two extremes.... :lol: which I think you can easily agree to.

You went full Pidto on me...and you never go full pidito. :lol: :lol:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1989 » by mpharris36 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:45 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
My dude, you typed all this for nothing. Why do you feel the need to explaining to me what Tanking is as if I dont know. I simply said that mid lotto is in between the two extremes.... :lol: which I think you can easily agree to.

thats a harsh comparison :lol: ...basically fans tend to overreact. If we lose our next 3 games people will be back to thinking a top 5 is a lock. If we win tonight people will think we are a playoff team. It is what it is.

ROSTER

N Y K
RealGM

Post#1990 » by N Y K » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:48 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
N Y K wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

What I am talking about? stop saying schit like its only a few games and people saying the tank is "off". The reality is that it goes both ways. Stop saying the tank is on. It's to early for ANY OF THAT SCHIT. PERIOD.

you don't read well. period.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1991 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Someone want to make a new thread?
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,752

Post#1992 » by Fat » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:49 pm

The difference with the knicks is we did get younger but we also have experience compared to other young teams that are still learning how to win. Lee, kanter, jack, sessions, hardaway, McDermott these dudes all been on winning teams and have playoff experience. There not actually great players but they aren’t rookies. We’re going to win games we’re going to lose games but top 5 might be a long shot.

If we were actually going out there starting lineups like frank/baker/dotson/kp/Willy then ok but it actually looks like the knicks are competing and playing hard with and KP evolving.

On top of that Jeff doesn’t seem to care about developing the younger guys dude is shortening rotations and favoring guys that get it done rather than letting the youngsters go through the struggle and learn.

We’re half rebuilding and half trying to be good it’s never a full commitment to something with the knicks and it’ll come back to bite us in the butt it always does.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1993 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:53 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

thats a harsh comparison :lol: ...basically fans tend to overreact. If we lose our next 3 games people will be back to thinking a top 5 is a lock. If we win tonight people will think we are a playoff team. It is what it is.

Well call me In between man.... :o :o :o

Cause I need a large sample size to say anything. I don't point in EITHER direction. I have never been confident we are destined top 5. Or have never said we playoff worthy.

Even before the win I said I WONT put my eggs into one basket. That goes for both baskets. I think I will just leave the eggs in the store until I am ready to eat them(metaphorically) :lol: :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#1994 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Someone want to make a new thread?

i'll do it sir :D
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1995 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:57 pm

N Y K wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
N Y K wrote:What are you even talking about? My point is absolutely relevant.

FOH. I read very well.

You said that people should not be saying the tank is dead after a few games of good play. I am saying people should not be saying the Tank is on period. You are one of the tank promoters...so save the BS about I cant read well.
N Y K
RealGM

Post#1996 » by N Y K » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:58 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
N Y K wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

FOH. I read very well.

You said that people should not be saying the tank is dead after a few games. I am saying people should not be saying the Tank is on period. You are one of the tank promoters...so save the BS about I can read well.

i said you can't say much of anything after a few games. i bolded it for you. the season is long and no one has any idea what will happen.

Return to New York Knicks