ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who ya wanna tank for?

Luka Doncic
54%
Marvin Bagley
11%
Michael Porter Jr
23%
Mohamed Bamba
3%
DeAndre Ayton
3%
Hamidou Diallo
1%
Kevin Knox
2%
Colin Sexton
1%
Miles Bridges
2%
Isaac Bonga
2%

Total votes: 171

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,954

Re: 2018 Draft Thread 

Post#361 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:29 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:Id be cool with about 32 wins. I think we will win a few more. If we can trade Melo, I think we surprise some people and win about 38 games. Young guys going to flourish in a run and gun system that promotes ball movement.

Don't be so negative, man. We can totally get a nice lotto pick
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#362 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:31 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Rebounding is a skill that usually translates well from college to pros as well as Europe to pros. I mean, yeah, it's speculation but that doesn't mean it's out of the realm of possibility - especially because he's shown the skill and no projection is needed. Anyways, I said "I think" in my post because it's speculation...but I don't really think I need that qualifier because it should be implied in basically every post about how skills will translate. I still have Doncic as the #1 player in this class and a perfect fit for this team.

Seeing as we're arguing semantics now, I'm out.

to bad we are not the #1 worst team in the NBA this upcoming season.

1) Too bad you don't need to be the worst team to get the first pick.
2) You also don't know that we aren't...

1) no Schit . That was not the point.
2)I dont what we will be. But I personally dont see us as the worst team in the NBA.
Traveyknicks23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,775

Post#363 » by Traveyknicks23 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:49 am

knicksh20b wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Id be cool with about 32 wins. I think we will win a few more. If we can trade Melo, I think we surprise some people and win about 38 games. Young guys going to flourish in a run and gun system that promotes ball movement.

Don't be so negative, man. We can totally get a nice lotto pick

Not with melo here it's not happening you'll either be picking 8th or lower
Traveyknicks23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,775

Post#364 » by Traveyknicks23 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:50 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Fury wrote:I just like players like Kidd, Magic, Nash, those players who can see the game and make those passes that make it seem like they're playing a different game than anyone else (Ball is like that too). Doncic has that and is almost Magic's size.

Knicks gotta land in the top 5 to even have a chance probably top 3.

Na it's def top 3

We won't be in position for that anyway
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#365 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:12 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:At this Point the Knicks Need One High Level Athlete in the Starting Line up now that we have a Bunch of High IQ players in the core. Which is why I am High on Bridges. THJ is the best Athlete that would be a starter, and that is not saying much from an athletic stand point.

Bridges has crazy bounce. I wasn't crazy about him early on last year but he grew on me the more I watched him. I don't think he really slots in to any traditional position. He's just a good player and a good help defender. A potential great fit next to KP and I think he may slip to that 5-10 range because of the extra year. If he ecstatic of we got Bridges with Frank, KP and THJ in tow already.

So you see him more as the PF? and KP at the Center? Personally if we going to Move KP at Center, I would rather see Robert Williams next to him than Bridges. I like Bridges at the Wing so he can Guard them.

I think I see Bridges as like a 3/4 who you can switch everything with. So ideally you would get another guy built like an Aaron Gordon who could also guard 3s and 4s so they would be interchangeable and add some extra bulk out there for rebounding. And then yes KP would be the 5 in this scenario.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#366 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:25 pm

Knicks win 40 games. miss playoffs by 1/2 game. Win lottery and get first overall pick.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#367 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:07 pm

Doncic is a 6'8 Jason Kidd, you will regret the season you did not make this team worse, Steve Mills.
Milk
Rookie
And1: 2,326

Post#368 » by Milk » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:19 pm

Trying to be realistic, we probably won't be top 3 bad.

Diallo's recent workout with Brickley. I know he's mainly a SG but do ya'll think he can possibly play SF?
With Timmy and him being interchangeable?

Something like:

Frank Ntilikina
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Hamidou Diallo
Kristaps Porzingis
Willy Hernangomez

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,578

Post#369 » by Capn'O » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:33 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:I can't wait till we win enough games so The Doncic dreams are dead. Knicks aint going to be that bad in the schitty ass east. Same **** with Ball. Posters talked all day about him and we never was in the running for him.

FOH!!!

:lol:

dont be but hurt.IDGAF who it is. Im not wasting my time rooting for so many loses that we are a top 2 team or being stressed out for every win. So You can FOH !! with all the wishing on a star that you have to do all year long. Doncic is the 2018 Ball for Knick fans. when its all said and done he will go #1 or #2. Its the same **** every year, rinse and repeat...The Definition of Insanity is what you should know very well. I Like many posters are not expecting the Knicks to be that bad. You already know how this story goes.

I'll focus on the other prospects when the time is nigh and I'll post about grunge rock bands in the sophomore albums thread.

FOH!!!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#370 » by Capn'O » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:34 pm

Diallo's a compelling athlete. Fun to watch. Looking forward to seeing what kind of player he is.
BAF Clippers

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#371 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:12 pm

Capn'O wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
FOH!!!

dont be but hurt.IDGAF who it is. Im not wasting my time rooting for so many loses that we are a top 2 team or being stressed out for every win. So You can FOH !! with all the wishing on a star that you have to do all year long. Doncic is the 2018 Ball for Knick fans. when its all said and done he will go #1 or #2. Its the same **** every year, rinse and repeat...The Definition of Insanity is what you should know very well. I Like many posters are not expecting the Knicks to be that bad. You already know how this story goes.

I'll focus on the other prospects when the time is nigh and I'll post about grunge rock bands in the sophomore albums thread.

FOH!!!

Nobody cares about rock Grunge Bands Boomer. :lol:

Now you GTFOH and bang your head on the wall while you play The Cranberries.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#372 » by Capn'O » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:46 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

FOH!!!

Nobody cares about rock Grunge Bands Boomer. :lol:

Now you GTFOH and bang your head on the wall while you play The Cranberries.

Sure. But I def won't talk about them in that thread. Their first album was way better than their second.

Spoiler:
As a kid I might have waxed about the relative merits of rock but that's long gone. I listen to more hip hop than rock now but am not tapped in to any music scene enough to know about discographies and what have you anymore. I find stuff I like and play it out...
BAF Clippers

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,086

Post#373 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:03 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:my personal top 5
1. doncic
2. ayton
3. porter
4. troy brown jr
5. knox

no bamba? i think he'll be a game changer defensively, still raw offensively but has long term upside and freak measurements. kind of hard for me not to put him in top 5

i like bamba, he's in my top 10

as of now, i think our biggest needs is a alpha guy that can score and facilitate the offense. those guys in my top 5 check those boxes

bamba can't really score and needs to bulk up a lot. he does seem like the next gobert type but i dont know yet. i think we need to get a big time scorer, especially with carmelo being traded (it's going to happen eventually)
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#374 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:09 pm

Why ILL have to do the Lonzo fans like that though? It still kills me that he's not in Orange and Blue....The Garden would love that dude.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,086

Post#375 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:11 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:i got it all figured out :D

Tank threat meter

1 = low / 10= high

Sixers

Tank threat level 7/10
-Added amir johnson, jj reddick, fultz and have a healthy ben simmons.. might actually be good this year made improvements

Suns
Tank threat level 10/10
-added josh jackson,practically same roster,still fu*kin suck

Lakers
tank threat level - 8/10
added ball, lopez, kcp.. most likely still suck

Nets
tank threat level 10/10
-added D-LO, crabbe, carroll, still fu*kin suck and serious threat for worst record again

magic

tank threat level 6/10
-added jonathon simmons, jonathon issac, speights, affalo, might actually be good this year made improvements

kings

Tank threat level 5/10
added z-bo, fox, justin, hill, vince.. huge improvements but the organization is just as corrupted as the knicks

wolves

tank threat level 3/10
-added jimmy butler, crawford, teague, gibson.. no longer a real threat

mavs

threat level 8/10
-added dsj, same crap roster, dirk another year older

on the rise tank comp
Hawks
pacers
bulls

i think we got a legit shot at getting in the top 5 lottery

solid breakdown bro :D

here's my thoughts on a couple teams

i think the suns are going to be better. i mean these niqqas been tankin for a couple years now... they gotta get better eventually
plus they might have found another gem with ulis. he was puttin up numbers late in the season when he got minutes

honestly i think the nets are going to be better than us. i watched them play a couple of times and they play hard every game. i personally wish we had their coach over hornacek. and now that they got d-lo, i aint worried about them at all

lakers are an unknown. if lonzo plays like he did in the summer league then they might win 35 games

kings shouldn't be a threat

orlando is a 50/50

mavs will be better. smith fills that big hole at pg and then you got harrison becoming the focal point on offense. dirk should be able to produce still

sixers have to get good eventually... i think this year is the end of their curse
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#376 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:12 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Why ILL have to do the Lonzo fans like that though? It still kills me that he's not in Orange and Blue....The Garden would love that dude.

What I do? :lol: All I said its Ball all over again. Bringing up his name alone still hurts? :lol:
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#377 » by Fat » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:08 pm

alphad0gz wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:Frank
Hardaway
Bridges
Porzingis
Hernangomez

id move bridges to pf where he is at his best and kp to center where he belongs.

He's 6'6....not good for an NBA 4

Why not? he's built like a truck and pulls down boards. In todays NBA i think he'll do just fine at power forward the NBA is small ball. i think he can play both pf/sf he's a tweener but looks more effective at power forward

draymond aint but 6'7
faried aint but 6'7
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#378 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:13 pm

JAz the Rapper does not like you.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#379 » by Fat » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:17 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:JAz the Rapper does not like you.

:D nonsense, i popped the cherry
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#380 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:20 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:JAz the Rapper does not like you.

:D nonsense, i popped the cherry

I actually know her. She live on my cousin Block. She cool peoples.

Return to New York Knicks