ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who ya wanna tank for?

Luka Doncic
54%
Marvin Bagley
11%
Michael Porter Jr
23%
Mohamed Bamba
3%
DeAndre Ayton
3%
Hamidou Diallo
1%
Kevin Knox
2%
Colin Sexton
1%
Miles Bridges
2%
Isaac Bonga
2%

Total votes: 171

BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Re: 2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL) 

Post#561 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:11 am

Biggie Smalls wrote:Anybody like Isaac Bonga? seems like a lesser version of Doncic but without the defensive flaws. 6"9 point forward with a 7 foot wingspan and a crazy passing game. Reminds me a bit of Draymond.

Who are we kidding? This is absolutely the guy we are gonna end up with. We will be mad come draft time, saying our tank should've been better then we actually see him play and overrate him. Then trade him in a package for Jabari Parker.

Lol I actually like this kid from the limited amount I've seen. I think his name'll start buzzing more and more as the year goes on.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#562 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:49 am

Bonga can't shoot or score.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#563 » by Worst_to_First » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:44 am

I wonder if we are the only fan base that currently has Doncic as the runaway preferred choice among the Top 2018 draft prospects.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#564 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Biggie Smalls wrote:Anybody like Isaac Bonga? seems like a lesser version of Doncic but without the defensive flaws. 6"9 point forward with a 7 foot wingspan and a crazy passing game. Reminds me a bit of Draymond.

Fam we been talking about Bonga since like Page 1. There is even a Bonga Brigade. Hopefully he improves his stock with strong play this year. I like him alot.

i'm not participating in this thread until he's a poll option. it's strictly bonga brigade for me these other prospects are pipe dreams.

Added Bonga for you (and the rest of the brigade :lol: ).

Until we get a better look at how our team is going to do, I'm still under the impression we're going to be one of the 3-5 worst teams, which would put us in the running for Doncic. We need him on this team.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,137

Post#565 » by Tron Carter » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:19 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Fam we been talking about Bonga since like Page 1. There is even a Bonga Brigade. Hopefully he improves his stock with strong play this year. I like him alot.

i'm not participating in this thread until he's a poll option. it's strictly bonga brigade for me these other prospects are pipe dreams.

Until we get a better look at how our team is going to do, I'm still under the impression we're going to be one of the 3-5 worst teams, which would put us in the running for Doncic. We need him on this team.

that's why you've always been my favorite kt :love:

obviously donic is the real prize but as a knick fan i gotta be a pessimist before i get optimistic :lol:
R.I.P Black Mamba
Swoosh_Stripes
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#566 » by Swoosh_Stripes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:I wonder if we are the only fan base that currently has Doncic as the runaway preferred choice among the Top 2018 draft prospects.

From what I've heard Vlade is very high on Doncic and so are Kings fans, at least the ones that I speak to.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,309

Post#567 » by DOT » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Swoosh_Stripes wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:I wonder if we are the only fan base that currently has Doncic as the runaway preferred choice among the Top 2018 draft prospects.

From what I've heard Vlade is very high on Doncic and so are Kings fans, at least the ones that I speak to.

They won't be in the running for him, fortunately for us

Unfortunately for us, I don't think we will be either
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#568 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Even thoe you team Doncic. I have left a special seat for you on the Brigade. We asked for Bonga for a minute. Melo was hating. :lol:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#569 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:39 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Even thoe you team Doncic. I have left a special seat for you on the Brigade. We asked for Bonga for a minute. Melo was hating. :lol:

I'd be happy with Bonga if we can't get my other top guys, I'm just hopeful we'll be pretty bad this year (at least I am currently) - I'm personally hoping for 0-82 and losing every game by 1 point. :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,500

Post#570 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:51 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Y'all never asked me schit
Only one who did was pooch and I added miles bridges for him
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#571 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

My dude why we have to ask. Half the players up there people never asked for to be included. You saw us speaking about him. Its not rocket science Just add the dude. Did anyone ask for Bagley? no. You added cause its a player you like. Anyway its not that serious. If you can't tell it was damn joke.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#572 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:15 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

My dude why we have to ask. Half the players up there people never asked for to be included. You saw us speaking about him. Its not rocket science Just add the dude. Did anyone ask for Bagley? no. You added cause its a player you like. Anyway its not that serious. If you can't tell it was damn joke.

There was like 2 people talking about bonga. That don't mean anything. Bonga is like a mid- late first round pick, that's why I never even added him in the first place. I added bagley because he's a serious top pick... like most of the ones in the poll. And dude was the main topic of the week anyways.

Ask if you want him in the poll. To me I don't think he's serious enough to be in it but if y'all felt like it then ask and I'll do it.
It's not rocket science
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#573 » by Fat » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:37 pm

:x sexton needs to be in the polls too.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#574 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Y'all never asked me schit

There was like 2 people talking about bonga. That don't mean anything. Bonga is like a mid- late first round pick, that's why I never even added him in the first place. I added bagley because he's a serious top pick... like most of the ones in the poll. And dude was the main topic of the week anyways.

Ask if you want him in the poll. To me I don't think he's serious enough to be in it but if y'all felt like it then ask and I'll do it.
It's not rocket science

And so is Troy Brown who is mid to late, but because you Like Him alot. He was in the Poll from the Jump.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#575 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:18 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

It's not rocket science

And so is Troy Brown who is mid to late, but because you Like Him alot. He was in the Poll from the Jump.

Sig bet that Troy brown is a lotto pick while bonga is not?
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#576 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote::x sexton needs to be in the polls too.

Coulda sworn he was already there.... my bad bro
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#577 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:24 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:There was like 2 people talking about bonga. That don't mean anything. Bonga is like a mid- late first round pick, that's why I never even added him in the first place. I added bagley because he's a serious top pick... like most of the ones in the poll. And dude was the main topic of the week anyways.

It's not rocket science

Who gives a fucck about that. Thats not the point as of right now, as they are both slated as Mid to late Round Picks, and neither one in the Lotto in the current scheme of the most recent mock. yet Troy Brown is on the poll. by even asking me this proves you are injecting your own bias into the mix of who makes it on the Poll, unless they ask you. Issac Bonga was debated and talked about alot in this thread. You knew posters liked him....so he was no mystery. Only two people talked about him according to you,but he already got 4 votes the minute he was added. That did not come out of thin air. Other posters are even asking others about him.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#578 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:06 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Who gives a fucck. Thats not the point as of right now, as they are both slated as Mid to late Round Picks, and neither one in the Lotto in the current scheme of the most recent mock. yet Troy Brown is on the poll. by even asking me this proves you are injecting your own bias into the mix of who makes on the Poll, unless they ask you. Issac Bonga was debated and talked about alot in this thread. You knew posters liked him....so he was no mystery. Only two people talked about him according to you,but he already got 4 votes the minute he was added. That did not come out of thin air. Other posters are even asking others about him.

So now we only stand by ESPN latest mock? SMH
That's the same mock that doesn't even have Kevin Knox in the first round.

In fact I don't even care what mocks currently say. At this point, it doesn't mean much. I just picked guys who I think are lottery bound. Bonga does not stand out as them. That is why I didn't put him there. If I really wanted to be bias then I would've put Darius perry in the poll. I talked about him heavy already. So cut this bias bull out.

Before yesterday who was talking about bonga? All I remember was you and tron. So stop it. You wanna talk about being biased? I can say you are then. You already actin as if bonga is going to be the pick. Don't tell me I'm biased. I'm not the one telling everyone we not gonna get any of those prospects and bonga is the only guy that will be in our range.

This is going no where and this is my last response
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#579 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Sig bet that Troy brown is a lotto pick while bonga is not?

Who gives a fucck. Thats not the point as of right now, as they are both slated as Mid to late Round Picks, and neither one in the Lotto in the current scheme of the most recent mock. yet Troy Brown is on the poll. by even asking me this proves you are injecting your own bias into the mix of who makes on the Poll, unless they ask you. Issac Bonga was debated and talked about alot in this thread. You knew posters liked him....so he was no mystery. Only two people talked about him according to you,but he already got 4 votes the minute he was added. That did not come out of thin air. Other posters are even asking others about him.

So now we only stand by ESPN latest mock? SMH
That's the same mock that doesn't even have Kevin Knox in the first round.

In fact I don't even care what mocks currently say. At this point, it doesn't mean much. I just picked guys who I think are lottery bound. Bonga does not stand out as them. That is why I didn't put him there. If I really wanted to be bias then I would've put Darius perry in the poll. I talked about him heavy already. So cut this bias bull out.

Before yesterday who was talking about bonga? All I remember was you and tron. So stop it. You wanna talk about being biased? I can say you are then. You already actin as if bonga is going to be the pick. Don't tell me I'm biased. I'm not the one telling everyone we not gonna get any of those prospects and bonga is the only guy that will be in our range.

This is going no where and this is my last response

you dont even make sense. Just because you dont remember who was talking about it dont mean it was only two people :lol: . Him having 4 votes proves it was more than two people speaking about him or even interested in him. Where the fuccck is the schit load of People speaking on Troy Brown??? .So basically you are admitting its WHO YOU think is lottery bound.

Second of all how the fucck am I acting like he is the pick. GTFOH with saying that. Wanting Bonga on the poll means none of that. If thats case every players thats wanted on the Poll will be the pick. Like I said from the first response to you. It aint even that serious ****, was a Joke.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#580 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 pm

I can't add Sexton to the poll because there can't be more than 10 options. But I'll take out Troy brown since I'm being "too biased"

Return to New York Knicks