ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who ya wanna tank for?

Luka Doncic
54%
Marvin Bagley
11%
Michael Porter Jr
23%
Mohamed Bamba
3%
DeAndre Ayton
3%
Hamidou Diallo
1%
Kevin Knox
2%
Colin Sexton
1%
Miles Bridges
2%
Isaac Bonga
2%

Total votes: 171

RealGM
And1: 39,218

Re: 2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL) 

Post#641 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:this
i don't think we can afford another gamble. this is why i also really want troy brown, sexton, knox etc.

side note about bridges: a lot of mocks have him in the top 4-6. i find that interesting. i think he's a good player but his shooting form is a turn off for me personally. he releases it too low. he does remind me of shawn marion tho (not his shot, his playing style). so i wouldn't be against him as our pick.

and yo tell me what you think of this guy Billy Preston. 6'10 that plays like a SF. looks really good. i think he would be another solid option for us

I think Bridges is a good safe pick albeit despite being undersized. But in the new positionless NBA I think he will carve out a definite niche. He is a mismatch problem. Too strong for SF's and too quick, athletic, and explosive for PF's. He does not have length but he is a quick-twitch athlete and he has a great motor. The form is stiff and set-shot'ish but you have to respect his straight line drive and explosiveness so teams will play off him. He will be able to get his shot off due to those factors. I can see him parked in the corner and then if teams close out cutting hard to the rim for some strong highlight reel finishes. He got work ethic and he got that dog in him. He won't bust. Never will be a star but I think he will be a guy who helps his team win, averages in the mid-to-low teens and does a bit of everything (score, shoot the 3, pass the rock and be unselfish, rebound, defend, etc.)

I know nothing about Billy Preston. I have to do my homework on him then get back to you.

yeah that's the type of player I think he is. that's why i won't be against him as our pick

get on that billy highlights asap fam. he's also playing for kansas this fall, so a lot of attention will be on him

Gotchu, I'ma start looking at some Billy Preston highlights now.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#642 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:50 pm

2010 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Judging Bonga shooting is pointless at this point. Dude has not even turned 18 yet. When Frank was 17 he was no where near the shooter he is right now. He had the same shooting knock at 17. This was the first full year that Frank Proved he could shoot well.

Fact of the Matter is Bonga has so many intangibles that you dont brush him off especially depending where you land at.

The Dude is 15 in this clip. Are you kidding me. My Sun is nice!

True story. But I just don't know if we take another gamble this next pick. I will not schit on him tho. I learned my lesson wit that. I will take the wait and see approach. But I feel like there are safer picks if we are in that 6-8 pick range. Got my eyes keen on Knox, Bridges and Sexton. Cuz even tho it is wayyyyy early, I see the top 5 kinda locked like this: (in no particular order)

Porter
Bagley
Doncic
Ayton
Bamba

Its Cool to say there is "safer", but Bonga should 100% be part of the discussion on players. We have a whole year to see how he develops by the Draft. And from what we see now there is a LOT to like....

Plus I have Plenty more of these Ready for you if you switch your tune on him.... :lol:

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#643 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:50 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Judging Bonga shooting is pointless at this point. Dude has not even turned 18 yet. When Frank was 17 he was no where near the shooter he is right now. He had the same shooting knock at 17. This was the first full year that Frank Proved he could shoot well.

Fact of the Matter is Bonga has so many intangibles that you dont brush him off especially depending where you land at.

meh....
is he playing for the eurobasketball thing right now?
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#644 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:06 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

meh....

You already Proven that your Meh dont mean anything. :lol:

This Bonga from the Tourney U19 last month. Dude can score. Dont know what the Hell y'all Talking about. Once that Jumper comes in its over.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#645 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:13 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

meh....

This Bonga from the Tourney U19 last month. Dude can score. Dont know what the Hell y'all Talking about. Once that Jumper comes in its over.

:crowded:
well this footage was certainly better than the other one you posted...................hmmmmmmmmmmm

we'll see how he does later this season
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#646 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:22 pm

From those videos Bonga has some interesting attributes. I like that he likes to make a pass very early transition. That's the sign of a guy who really understands the game and sees the whole floor rather than just making the occasional flashy pass and giving the facade of being a good facilitator. Also seems to have a decent enough handle for his size and overall looks very comfortable with the ball in his hands. One thing I noticed is he has a lot of trouble elevating in general. I don't know if that's him growing into his body or if he just doesn't have any bounce but it's very concerning and would severely limit how good he could become as a wing in the league especially if the shot doesn't develop
RealGM

Post#647 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:59 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:get on that billy highlights asap fam. he's also playing for kansas this fall, so a lot of attention will be on him

Checked him out. He is talented and has the physical tools. Game looks like he is skilled but seems like the typical AAU product where I am skeptical of how he will fit into a team concept. Not sure he is committed to doing the little things and seems like he wants to overdribble. The team we are building with our core seems very team-oriented, unselfish, Euro-centric in playing style, and Mills/Perry say they want defensive players who share the ball. Not sure if Preston is the right fit. Gotta see how he does in college tho. One thing about guys like Bridges, Doncic, Knox, etc. is you know they will buy into the team concept. They have dope work ethic and are not entitled. Preston also is old for his class. He is a freshman that is about to turn 20. May not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#648 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:15 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:get on that billy highlights asap fam. he's also playing for kansas this fall, so a lot of attention will be on him

Checked him out. He is talented and has the physical tools. Game looks like he is skilled but seems like the typical AAU product where I am skeptical of how he will fit into a team concept. Not sure he is committed to doing the little things and seems like he wants to overdribble. The team we are building with our core seems very team-oriented, unselfish, Euro-centric in playing style, and Mills/Perry say they want defensive players who share the ball. Not sure if Preston is the right fit. Gotta see how he does in college tho. One thing about guys like Bridges, Doncic, Knox, etc. is you know they will buy into the team concept. They have dope work ethic and are not entitled. Preston also is old for his class. He is a freshman that is about to turn 20. May not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

i see what you're saying
i do feel like this team needs that guy that can get buckets instantly, at any time. to me, that is the missing ingredient for us. he can maybe be that guy. from what i've seen, it seems like he can play D. but yeah, we will see if he can buy into the team concept.

that is also why i was very high on tatum (and still am). he's a guy that can score anytime, play solid d, and plays team ball.

i wonder if anyone remembers maik newmann. he was a top 3 prospect coming out of high school in 2015. super talented. but he was the type of guy who was selfish with the ball, and only looked to score at all times. he struggled hard with MSU and had to withdraw out of the draft. he transferred to kansas but had to redshirt last season. will play this season with kansas. another guy to keep an eye on. if he puts it all together he will be pretty damn good.
RealGM

Post#649 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:27 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

i see what you're saying
i do feel like this team needs that guy that can get buckets instantly, at any time. to me, that is the missing ingredient for us. he can maybe be that guy. from what i've seen, it seems like he can play D. but yeah, we will see if he can buy into the team concept.

that is also why i was very high on tatum (and still am). he's a guy that can score anytime, play solid d, and plays team ball.

i wonder if anyone remembers maik newmann. he was a top 3 prospect coming out of high school in 2015. super talented. but he was the type of guy who was selfish with the ball, and only looked to score at all times. he struggled hard with MSU and had to withdraw out of the draft. he transferred to kansas but had to redshirt last season. will play this season with kansas. another guy to keep an eye on. if he puts it all together he will be pretty damn good.

I feel like Sexton can be that guy.

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#650 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:36 pm

The debates this year should be extremely interesting, especially if they delve into deal KP or Hernangomez for one of the big men. It's the same as last year for me, get me a nice lotto pick and I'm all good. I expect the Doncic vs Porter to be fierce this year... especially considering neither one of them will be on TV for the casual fan.

I expect Bagley, Ayton and Knox to be consensus top three around March Madness time due to the fact most of us will have watched a ton of game on them. Porter might go the Fultz route and post crazy numbers, but a lot of people only watch the Youtube mixes, same as Doncic.

Overall this should be extremely fun watching how this all plays out.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#651 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:52 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:meh....

well this footage was certainly better than the other one you posted...................hmmmmmmmmmmm

Bro. I already posted this video pages ago. You just not paying attention. :lol:
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Post#652 » by Brazilian Knick » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:28 pm

I've watched a few videos of Marvin Bagley and he (physically) looks like a pro already. This boy is a monster! Do u guys think he would fit well in Knicks starting five?

Would Bagley play position 3 or 4? If he gets drafted to be our PF, would KP move to C then?

I really like what I see from Bagley's highlights. Maybe he needs to add a more consistent jumper, but he seems to have a very high ceiling...
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
F: | |
F: | |
C: | |
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,975

Post#653 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Don't think we'll be bad enough to get Luka, but Isaac Bonga would fit nicely at the 3 for us. Dude can't shoot a lick, but he's a 6-8 point forward who doesn't turn 18 for a little over a week

tbh im not his biggest fan
he seems way too skinny and i hate people who can't shoot

i think he's gonna go late 1st round

Bonga is an interesting player. But yeah, the lack of shooting ability and not being much of a scorer could lead teams to just cheating off him.

I feel like this next pick needs to have the least amount of holes in his game as possible. Which is why Knox is my guy if we land outside the top 5. Dude doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. Neither does Bridges or Sexton. And what I like about Bridges and Sexton is they got some serious dog in them. NYC loves players like that.

can't see bridges going later than 7
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#654 » by El Poochio » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:50 pm

This draft gonna kill it just like the last one, its so fcking crazy full of gems

Imagine you didnt have your pick for 2 drafts and them were gonna be last year and this year

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
RealGM

Post#655 » by 2010 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 12:32 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:tbh im not his biggest fan
he seems way too skinny and i hate people who can't shoot

i think he's gonna go late 1st round

Bonga is an interesting player. But yeah, the lack of shooting ability and not being much of a scorer could lead teams to just cheating off him.

I feel like this next pick needs to have the least amount of holes in his game as possible. Which is why Knox is my guy if we land outside the top 5. Dude doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. Neither does Bridges or Sexton. And what I like about Bridges and Sexton is they got some serious dog in them. NYC loves players like that.

The beauty is even if Bridges isn't there we are still guaranteed a high impact player as long as we get a top 8 pick:

M. Porter, Jr.
M. Bagley III
L. Doncic
D. Ayton
M. Bamba
M. Bridges
C. Sexton
K. Knox II
R. Williams
J. Jackson, Jr.
W. Carter
T. Brown, Jr.
T. Duval

^ That's 13 picks deep right there. And look at the talent level. This draft may actually be deeper than 2017, real talk.

EDIT: And I didn't even include Hamidou Diallo, Chimezie Metu, and Isaac Bonga. So that is 16 deep right there. This draft deep as fduck!!!

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#656 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 1, 2017 12:36 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Bro. I already posted this video pages ago. You just not paying attention. :lol:

N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#657 » by N Y K » Fri Sep 1, 2017 12:38 am

previous draft news, but this sucks...

Read on Twitter
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#658 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 1, 2017 12:39 am

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

i see what you're saying

I feel like Sexton can be that guy.

no doubt
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#659 » by malik959 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 2:07 am

Doncic is unreachable and a pipe dream, Bridges is more realistic:

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,975

Post#660 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Sep 1, 2017 10:07 am

2010 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
2010 wrote:

The beauty is even if Bridges isn't there we are still guaranteed a high impact player as long as we get a top 8 pick:

M. Porter, Jr.
M. Bagley III
L. Doncic
D. Ayton
M. Bamba
M. Bridges
C. Sexton
K. Knox II
R. Williams
J. Jackson, Jr.
W. Carter
T. Brown, Jr.
T. Duval

^ That's 13 picks deep right there. And look at the talent level. This draft may actually be deeper than 2017, real talk.

EDIT: And I didn't even include Hamidou Diallo, Chimezie Metu, and Isaac Bonga. So that is 16 deep right there. This draft deep as fduck!!!

Def a good year to have your FRP
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks