ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who ya wanna tank for?

Luka Doncic
54%
Marvin Bagley
11%
Michael Porter Jr
23%
Mohamed Bamba
3%
DeAndre Ayton
3%
Hamidou Diallo
1%
Kevin Knox
2%
Colin Sexton
1%
Miles Bridges
2%
Isaac Bonga
2%

Total votes: 171

RealGM
And1: 39,218

Re: 2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL) 

Post#661 » by 2010 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 8:20 pm

^ KD-lite

^ Not feeling Troy Brown, Jr.

^ gonna be a big time scorer fresh out the gate

^ love his all-around game but does he have the athleticism to finish consistently at the next level?

^ the body, the strength, the power, the work ethic, the athleticism, the 3pt efficiency, the rebounding, the unselfishness, the defense, the dog in him. I'm really warming up to this guy. He fits position of need, plays within the team concept, and he is a realistic get.

Gimme any one of Porter, Doncic, Bridges, or Knox and I think we are in great shape at the SF spot.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,132

Post#662 » by Capn'O » Sat Sep 2, 2017 9:35 pm

The little I saw of Bridges, he struck me as very versatile. Probably not high level star but solid player in every aspect and fits with a spacing concept. We needed a guard this year but I'd be comfortable taking him next if that's where we're slotted.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
RealGM

Post#663 » by 2010 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 9:39 pm

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,480

Post#664 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Sep 2, 2017 9:44 pm

2010 wrote:www.dailyknicks.com/2017/09/01/new-york-knicks-early-2018-nba-mock-draft

knox at #20 lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RealGM

Post#665 » by 2010 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 10:05 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:www.dailyknicks.com/2017/09/01/new-york-knicks-early-2018-nba-mock-draft

knox at #20 lol

They tryna play both sides. Slotting him as a late first rounder but still saying he could go as high as top 5. The concerns are clearly just piggy backing off all the things Givony had to say about him being a tweener who should be a 4 but is taking too many jumpers tryna develop into a 3. I am gonna laugh when they all jump on his dicl< once he start killing it as a "3" on the wing at Kentucky.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#666 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Sep 2, 2017 10:17 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

knox at #20 lol

They tryna play both sides. Slotting him as a late first rounder but still saying he could go as high as top 5. The concerns are clearly just piggy backing off all the things Givony had to say about him being a tweener who should be a 4 but is taking too many jumpers tryna develop into a 3. I am gonna laugh when they all jump on his dicl< once he start killing it as a "3" on the wing at Kentucky.

yeah once i read that i was like wtf lol
sexton at #12 is also interesting. i do think he ends up top 10 at least when it's all said and done
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#667 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Sep 2, 2017 10:18 pm

duval vs head huncho of jelly fam towards end of video
RealGM

Post#668 » by 2010 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 10:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:knox at #20 lol

sexton at #12 is also interesting. i do think he ends up top 10 at least when it's all said and done

They have Duval slotted ahead of Sexton and list Duval as the top pg in the class.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#669 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Sep 2, 2017 11:13 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

They have Duval slotted ahead of Sexton and list Duval as the top pg in the class.

to be honest, i'm not surprised. most sites have duval as the top point guard in the draft as of now. so we'll have to see what happens later in the season

i did read that he struggled against sexton in head to head games tho. gonna watch some footage of it later
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#670 » by Fat » Sat Sep 2, 2017 11:51 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

if he has a good year at duke, stays healthy and improves his jumper he probably is i wouldnt sleep on it
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
RealGM

Post#671 » by 2010 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:04 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:yeah once i read that i was like wtf lol

to be honest, i'm not surprised. most sites have duval as the top point guard in the draft as of now. so we'll have to see what happens later in the season

i did read that he struggled against sexton in head to head games tho. gonna watch some footage of it later

When they played eachother Duval's team won, mostly because it is stacked. Sexton kept his team in it all by himself and he outscored Duval. He was lit as hell and got in Duval's face talking smack and then backed it up by scoring on him. He even ate a bag of skittles during a T.O. he was so lit :lol:

Tbh that game sold me on Sexton and soured me on Duval cuz I felt like Duval was low key scared of him and didn't meet the challenge with aggression the way n ultimate competitor should. Sexton is just alpha bro. Duval has better size, physical tools, and a notch higher athletically but Sexton has the total edge mentally. I think that will be ultimately what separates them. Duval will be good, but Sexton has the mental makeup to be great. I see Duval as content to just be a complimentary piece.

RealGM

Post#672 » by 2010 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:06 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:yeah once i read that i was like wtf lol

if he has a good year at duke, stays healthy and improves his jumper he probably is.

Read my reply to 3toheadmelo then go YouTube their game facing each other in h.s.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#673 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:14 am

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

When they played eachother Duval's team won, mostly because it is stacked. Sexton kept his team in it all by himself and he outscored Duval. He was lit as hell and got in Duval's face talking smack and then backed it up by scoring on him. He even ate a bag of skittles during a T.O. he was so lit :lol:

Tbh that game sold me on Sexton and soured me on Duval cuz I felt like Duval was low key scared of him and didn't meet the challenge with aggression the way n ultimate competitor should. Sexton is just alpha bro. Duval has better size, physical tools, and a notch higher athletically but Sexton has the total edge mentally. I think that will be ultimately what separates them. Duval will be good, but Sexton has the mental makeup to be great. I see Duval as content to just be a complimentary piece.

gonna check it out now
RealGM

Post#674 » by 2010 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:15 am

Duval be having that deer in headlights look. I don't think his look and body language will go over well in NYC.

Meanwhile Sexton has that crazed look in his eye like a man on a mission who will not be denied.

Look at the intensity with which Sexton works out and look at his facial expression, especially at the 00:50 mark

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#675 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:17 am

2010 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
2010 wrote:

if he has a good year at duke, stays healthy and improves his jumper he probably is.

Read my reply to 3toheadmelo then go YouTube their game facing each other in h.s.

also would it be wrong to say i like smith jr more than duval? since they are similar somewhat
RealGM

Post#676 » by 2010 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:24 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

also would it be wrong to say i like smith jr more than duval? since they are similar somewhat

DSJ is better than Duval. He is just as athletic (if not more), has better vision, and has a way better jumper.

Fat
RealGM

Post#677 » by Fat » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:34 am

2010 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
2010 wrote:

looks like duval is feeding a team full of sharks while sexton is trying to carry guppies. duval team looked way overpowered physically. Duval looked more under control and wasnt wrapped up in trying to out perform sexton while sexton looked like a charging bull

if anything all it shows is what we already know. sexton is better scorer duval is a better distributor and physically superior. :dontknow:

i still have sexton ahead of him but if duval improves the jumper things get interesting.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#678 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:41 am

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

DSJ is better than Duval. He is just as athletic (if not more), has better vision, and has a way better jumper.

i wish duval was on this prior draft. a potential pairing of smith and frank would be so good
RealGM

Post#679 » by 2010 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:52 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:also would it be wrong to say i like smith jr more than duval? since they are similar somewhat

i wish duval was on this prior draft. a potential pairing of smith and frank would be so good

I'm over the whole DSJ thing. Once he refused to workout for us, refrained from releasing his medicals, and even refused to eat the pus...the writing was on the wall that he wanted no part of NY. That made it easier to just accept Frank as the pick with no regrets and just hope he develops for the best.

Fat
RealGM

Post#680 » by Fat » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:58 am

the frame, the handles, the vision. Its hard to overlook him i think he climbs up the charts over the season. I dont like that he went to duke though would of liked to see him in a environment where he can be the man. He's about to play on a stacked dukey team
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams

Return to New York Knicks