ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion, King of Canada, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC

User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 40,049
And1: 12,293
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1021 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Somebody ^^^^^^ is setting himself up for a BIG disappointment :lol:
bokoli
Ballboy
Posts: 15
And1: 1
Joined: Jan 30, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1022 » by bokoli » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:57 pm

I think there is a big chance. Every big player at lakers won a chip. Big excpections with warriors around. His legacy takes a hit. If he brings this franchise to finals at this point it looks better. KP is 20 +10 player in 18/19 and this is a destination to lure klay thompson, unhappy fourth violine or somebody..
Jeff Van Gully
RealGM
Posts: 10,837
And1: 4,825
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1023 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:30 pm

we having this conversation? word?
que sera sera
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 14,358
And1: 7,363
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: Dumpstadive for Donic

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1024 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:23 pm

god shammgod wrote:lebron aint coming but it's nice to know that msg is still special to players

"I could see him going to New York before L.A.," Clippers forward Blake Griffin said on the "View From The Cheap Seats" podcast, per Complex. "I still think, when you go to the Garden, it's a completely different feeling. The energy, there seems like there's just a consistent buzz the entire game…even last year when you go play them, it's still there."


http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/griffin-lebron-new-york-article-1.3428209


That buzz is from residual THC in the locker room left over from JR Smith's days.
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,999
And1: 6,094
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1025 » by King of Canada » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Anybody else notice that Phil Jackson still has the "Pres of the NY Knicks" in his twitter bio? :lol:
Image
User avatar
Knicksfan1992
Head Coach
Posts: 6,877
And1: 4,964
Joined: Jun 14, 2012
         

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1026 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Somebody ^^^^^^ is setting himself up for a BIG disappointment :lol:


I'm not saying I expect it to happen but to say you would rather rebuild than have that team is foolish. That's legitimately a finals winner/contender. Given the option I take that team over any bullchit rebuild line-up people post here daily.
Build A Franchise - OKC
G-Isaiah Thomas
G-Pat Beverley
F- Robert Covington
F- Tobias Harris
C- Marc Gasol

6th man- DWade
-Baze
-Jared Dudley
-Justin Holiday
-Javale McGee
-Brandan Wright
-Kaminsky
-Tyler Dorsey
-Andrew Harrison
User avatar
Marty McFly
RealGM
Posts: 21,635
And1: 4,359
Joined: Sep 15, 2009
 

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1027 » by Marty McFly » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:36 pm

god shammgod wrote:lebron aint coming but it's nice to know that msg is still special to players

"I could see him going to New York before L.A.," Clippers forward Blake Griffin said on the "View From The Cheap Seats" podcast, per Complex. "I still think, when you go to the Garden, it's a completely different feeling. The energy, there seems like there's just a consistent buzz the entire game…even last year when you go play them, it's still there."


http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/griffin-lebron-new-york-article-1.3428209

blake's felt that way since before he got drafted. of course, there was no way in hell he would have bailed on the clippers with all the money they threw at him...
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,656
And1: 3,369
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Griffin confirms Lebron planning to join Knicks in 2018 

Post#1028 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:10 am

King of Canada wrote:I'm going to throw this into the "Around the NBA thread". It's kind of like waiting in the checkout line at the grocery store and seeing an article about a lady who married Bigfoot.

So was the wedding nice? Did anybody show from the groom's side?

Also, is his foot bigger than an NBA center's foot? Nike wants to know.
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,656
And1: 3,369
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1029 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:10 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:2018-19

KP
Melo
Gomez
Lebron
CP3

When I read this, I could see your avi smirking!
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,656
And1: 3,369
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1030 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:11 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Another sign, Doc Rivers is being shown the door...

Is he going to take his son with him?
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,656
And1: 3,369
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1031 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 am

King of Canada wrote:Anybody else notice that Phil Jackson still has the "Pres of the NY Knicks" in his twitter bio? :lol:

If the Knicks were paying me $12M a year to sit by the lake with my feet up, I'd put whatever the hell I wanted on my twitter bio.

We can laugh at Phil, but he robbed Dolan blind. Maybe that's his best accomplishment as president.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 40,049
And1: 12,293
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1032 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:51 am

BKlutch wrote:
King of Canada wrote:Anybody else notice that Phil Jackson still has the "Pres of the NY Knicks" in his twitter bio? :lol:

If the Knicks were paying me $12M a year to sit by the lake with my feet up, I'd put whatever the hell I wanted on my twitter bio.

We can laugh at Phil, but he robbed Dolan blind. Maybe that's his best accomplishment as president.


Larry Brown and Phil made a lot of green (no pun intended) in their short tenures here.
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,483
And1: 3,047
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1033 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:17 am

Tell me something, if the Knicks don't rebuild how far do you think they'll go? Not on their best day would they be good enough to get to the second round. For now, the league belongs to the Warriors and Cavs. But in 3-4 yrs who knows. So plan NOW, grow assets, and get stronger, younger deeper so when that day arrives the Knicks are an actual threat and not a desperate team doomed to rebuild every 3 yrs.
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,483
And1: 3,047
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1034 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:21 am

OJ Mayo still serving another season to his 2-year substance abuse ban, regrets what he did and hopes he can return to the Bucks. Don't worry the Knicks will overpay for this clown who is destined for the Chinese league.

But first he must shed his Eddy Curry weight.
User avatar
Sark
RealGM
Posts: 10,957
And1: 5,137
Joined: Sep 21, 2010
Location: Location: Location:
 

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1035 » by Sark » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:37 pm

knicks85 wrote:What is the potential penalty for tampering? Loss of a draft pick?



For Lakers, instead of #2 pick they will have to get #3 from now on.
Greenie: Disagree. I think Tatum is going to be better than KP. I don't know about DSjr.

viewtopic.php?p=53748100#p53748100
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,656
And1: 3,369
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1036 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:46 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Tell me something, if the Knicks don't rebuild how far do you think they'll go? Not on their best day would they be good enough to get to the second round. For now, the league belongs to the Warriors and Cavs. But in 3-4 yrs who knows. So plan NOW, grow assets, and get stronger, younger deeper so when that day arrives the Knicks are an actual threat and not a desperate team doomed to rebuild every 3 yrs.

One of your best ever.
Image
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 15,483
And1: 3,047
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1037 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 pm

BKlutch wrote:One of your best ever.


Thank you kind sir with your generosity. *humbly bows*
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,656
And1: 3,369
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1038 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
BKlutch wrote:One of your best ever.


Thank you kind sir with your generosity. *humbly bows*

Seems like maybe this is making its way to the front office. We'll see.
Image
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 21,468
And1: 4,755
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1039 » by HEZI » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Nerlens Noel turned down 17 Million dollars per year for 4 years
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Gerald Henderson
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
basketboule
Starter
Posts: 2,357
And1: 174
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1040 » by basketboule » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:48 pm

I'm officially calling bluff on Westbrook's fake hustle loyalty. He's a turncoat. Won't sign that extension. To me, he's the epitome of just a bitch, as was evident when his best chance at success made a smart, grown-up decision in his life.
Usually on my mobile, struggling with swipe. Apologies for all the edits and errors. :-?

Return to New York Knicks