ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,635

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#1041 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm getting bored.

(Yes, it is all about ME!) lol
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,994

Post#1042 » by Capn'O » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:55 am

Per Wiretap:

D'Angelo Russell is resetting his career with the Brooklyn Nets after two seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers.

“I want teams to hate us,” Russell said at the Nets Inaugural Basketball Camp at Battery Park City. “We’ve struggled over the last few years in Brooklyn. Teams are used to coming in and taking nights off. I just want to rebuild that and make it a place where people come and say, ‘alright we got the crowd against us. It’s New York.’”

I dunno about teams but I hate the Nets if that helps...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1043 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:52 am

Manu agrees to a 2 year/$5M contract with Spurs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1044 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:55 am

Capn'O wrote:Per Wiretap:

D'Angelo Russell is resetting his career with the Brooklyn Nets after two seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers.

“I want teams to hate us,” Russell said at the Nets Inaugural Basketball Camp at Battery Park City. “We’ve struggled over the last few years in Brooklyn. Teams are used to coming in and taking nights off. I just want to rebuild that and make it a place where people come and say, ‘alright we got the crowd against us. It’s New York.’”

So D'Angelo wants to rebuild the team. He can be a player/assistant GM. Just like Lebron.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,314

Post#1045 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Oh the irony. If he had a brain to go along with his talent, he would've made a few all star games.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#1046 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh the irony. If he had a brain to go along with his talent, he would've made a few all star games.

This is ridiculous. If only he had the brain to view his post through another person's eyes.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#1047 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:54 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

So D'Angelo wants to rebuild the team. He can be a player/assistant GM. Just like Lebron.

They deserve each other.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,954

Post#1048 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:52 pm

So... Nerlens Noel joins the QO Crew.

Any thoughts? Was his asking price too high around the league? Is Dallas not the jam right now?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1049 » by HEZI » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:32 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:So... Nerlens Noel joins the QO Crew.

Any thoughts? Was his asking price too high around the league? Is Dallas not the jam right now?

Dallas offered him 17 Mil per year for 4 years and he turned it down

I think he made a foolish mistake. He hasn't proven he can stay healthy throughout his career and even when he is healthy he's very limited in his abilities, so basically he walked away from an extra 13 mil this upcoming season and another 51 mil guaranteed over the 3 years after next. :crazy:
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1050 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:59 pm

I didn't want them to move here from Jersey. I hated Prokhorov and his billboard and crazy announcement about how the geriatric former Celts were going to make BK a big winner here. I'm glad they weren't allowed to use "New York" in their name, but I'd love to see it changed to "South Dakota Nets."

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1051 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:01 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Manu agrees to a 2 year/$5M contract with Spurs.

This guy has stayed productive forever. He brings hope for you and me, too!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1052 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

JR is the prototypical player with great physical gifts who lacks enough intelligence to reach his potential. He's also a little bit too crazy, too. Who is going to keep him on his meds and under control when Lebron leaves?

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1053 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:05 pm

HEZI wrote:

Dallas offered him 17 Mil per year for 4 years and he turned it down

I think he made a foolish mistake. He hasn't proven he can stay healthy throughout his career and even when he is healthy he's very limited in his abilities, so basically he walked away from an extra 13 mil this upcoming season and another 51 mil guaranteed over the 3 years after next. :crazy:

I think 17Mil/year for 4 years. If his body holds up, he'd qualify for something astronomical. If his body crumbles, at least he's set for life.

It's gonna be so hard to get by on a lousy $4M if he doesn't hold up for the season. :lol:

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1054 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:44 pm

It means, Center Nerlens Noel will have another season to add 15-20 lbs of muscle to his frame so he can sign with the Boston Celtics, whom he's been a fan of.

Link: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nba/dallas-mavericks/article144921589.html

Just think of a Boston roster:
PF: Tatum
SF: Hayward
C: Noel
PG: Irving
SG: Smart

Now, you have the weapons and muscle to take on Cleveland.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1055 » by Sark » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:17 pm

Lol Jae Crowder is going out with DRose's ex gf. Could get awkward in Cleveland if the trade goes through.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,916

Post#1056 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:06 am

Wolves bringing in KP's coach from Sevilla to coach their G-League team.

Read on Twitter
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,303

Post#1057 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:23 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Wolves bringing in KP's coach from Sevilla to coach their G-League team.

Read on Twitter

KP to leave Knicks for the TWolves confirmed :D
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,125

Post#1058 » by moocow007 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:31 pm

He's not played a single game yet in Brooklyn so who's "we"? And let's see what he says about the crowd on the busiest nights at Barclays (i.e. when the Knicks play there and Knick fans file in in droves cause they can't afford ticket prices at MSG).

Was never really a fan of Russell's. Said so leading up to the 2016 Draft. He just came off as immature...an all flash little substance guy...honestly a fugazy type...when he was at Ohio State. I can see why Magic Johnson didn't want him.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,125

Post#1059 » by moocow007 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:42 pm

He should have taken the 4 years $70 million that Dallas offered him early on but either he himself or someone in his posse apparently convinced him that he's a max player. With all the injuries he's had and the overall less than thrilling (stagnant) play in his 5 year NBA career no one was going to offer him more...even with the crazy dollars being dolled out.

I think you see teams pulling back from going nuts with contracts after seeing a whole gaggle of misfires that happened during last offseason (Mozgov, Noah, Solomon Hill, Evan Turner, etc., etc.). Combine that hesitancy with his lack of overall improvement in his career, relatively low ceiling, his scary injury history and some questionable comments he's made throughout his NBA career I wouldn't even go 4 years $70M on him.

The notion that he's a "game changing" defensive player I think is overblown. I mean Iman Shumpert looked like a potential game changing defensive player as well early on and he's not been that for some time. Defense takes effort, take intelligence, takes commitments and takes durability. I'd question all of that from Noel's standpoint.

I'd be more comfortable with Tim Hardaway Jr at basically that than Noel at that to be honest (and I thought the Knicks were silly to give Hardaway anywhere near that). Noel's one more injury away from seeing anymore than maybe MLE for the remainder of his career. He's managed to play in only a little over 20 games a season the last 2 seasons (and an averaged of a little over 30 games a season the last 3 seasons) so asking for big bucks is kind of nuts.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1060 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:52 pm

D'Angelo Russell is just chapped, Magic didn't see him as a floor leader. Now, he's got an opinion on everything as his way of trying to prove Magic wrong.

In LA, he was Swaggy P's sidekick. In New York, he's Brooklyn's Homey D. Clown. :crazy:

Return to New York Knicks