ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1081 » by bigtimeRC3 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Frank will have a longer career than Dennis smith jr. Guaranteed. Smith had acl tears. We have seen point guards with these tears don't last long.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1082 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Listen, I hope MSG continues to pay for fake news. I want the ENTIRE NBA to underestimate this kid kind of how Porzingis was downplayed his rookie season.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,431

Post#1083 » by JXL » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:21 pm

bigtimeRC3 wrote:Frank will have a longer career than Dennis smith jr. Guaranteed. Smith had acl tears. We have seen point guards with these tears don't last long.

I don't see his career will project to Rose post-ACL, I see Smith's career more to Steve Francis, ceiling is an athletic Kevin Johnson.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#1084 » by DrCoach » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:12 pm

bigtimeRC3 wrote:Frank will have a longer career than Dennis smith jr. Guaranteed. Smith had acl tears. We have seen point guards with these tears don't last long.

O

Why, why must you jinx it.

Just support our guy without trashing another
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#1085 » by Ignitowsky » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Even before I stsrted obsesdively watching all the vifeos of Frank that I could find, I knew we made a good decision when I saw this hem.

At Smith’s introductory news conference with the Mavericks in Dallas on Friday, he was asked a question about his defense. He said, “I want to learn exactly how to play defense. That’s not something that we were really pressed about last year."

Frank is going to make a lot of opposing guards crazy. His defense reminds me of Clyde's.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,640

Post#1086 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:48 pm

JXL wrote:

I don't see his career will project to Rose post-ACL, I see Smith's career more to Steve Francis, ceiling is an athletic Kevin Johnson.

I don't think Smith will ever be the kind of playmaker KJ was. KJ was special.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,262

Post#1087 » by DOT » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:48 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
JXL wrote:

I don't think Smith will ever be the kind of playmaker KJ was. KJ was special.

Was also pretty damn athletic too

Proof:
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,425

Post#1088 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 am

Ignitowsky wrote:Even before I stsrted obsesdively watching all the vifeos of Frank that I could find, I knew we made a good decision when I saw this hem.

At Smith’s introductory news conference with the Mavericks in Dallas on Friday, he was asked a question about his defense. He said, “I want to learn exactly how to play defense. That’s not something that we were really pressed about last year."

Frank is going to make a lot of opposing guards crazy. His defense reminds me of Clyde's.

Get ready for Frank to be Clyding and Gliding.
Milk
Rookie
And1: 2,326

Post#1089 » by Milk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:46 am

Came across this highlight video, I thought it was really well made.

a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#1090 » by a-French-Fan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:21 am

Yes he is your guy, but also ours! (for France)

But Knicks did a very stupid thing with asking him to come for summer leagues. He ended after the draft (and had to fly to the draft during finals, for a meeting with Knicks befor being drafted). So he got injuried for SL ... good game Knicks ... He needed to rest and I think we all agree with that. After resting a month he could go with France and defending on Heurtel or De Colo during trainings, or even get into last 12 and play a eurobasket... but the Knicks wanted to see him playing against other rookies or low level guys during SL...

So he is your guy, but don't screw up with him again please ^^
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
Milk
Rookie
And1: 2,326

Post#1091 » by Milk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:42 am

a-French-Fan wrote:Yes he is your guy, but also ours! (for France)

But Knicks did a very stupid thing with asking him to come for summer leagues. He ended after the draft (and had to fly to the draft during finals, for a meeting with Knicks befor being drafted). So he got injuried for SL ... good game Knicks ... He needed to rest and I think we all agree with that. After resting a month he could go with France and defending on Heurtel or De Colo during trainings, or even get into last 12 and play a eurobasket... but the Knicks wanted to see him playing against other rookies or low level guys during SL...

How did we screw up with him?
He did not get injured during actual Summer League practices/games, he banged his knee with another player during the final game for Strasbourg.
He and his agent wanted to fly over and enjoy the draft process, I don't think the Knicks asked/forced him to.

He's doing great right now training with Chris Brickley (who works with Durant, Melo, Kawhi, CJ McCollum etc) in New York daily.
Which would be much better than defending/training with those role players you mentioned.

Spoiler:

90Knicks
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1092 » by 90Knicks » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 am

Go eat frogs
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1093 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:51 am

90Knicks wrote:

Go eat frogs

STFU Ball Boy!
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#1094 » by a-French-Fan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 am

Milk wrote:

When he banged his knee with another playing during the final game for Strasbourg?
He did not get injured during actual Summer League practices/games.
He and his agent wanted to fly over and enjoy the draft process, I don't think Knicks asked/forced him to.

He's doing great right now training with Chris Brickley (who works with Durant, Melo, Kawhi, CJ McCollum etc) in New York daily.
Which would be much better than defending/training with those role players you mentioned.

Spoiler:

Sorry, sometimes I don't write well english, that's not my fisrt language. I don't contest he banged his knee with Strasbourg.The fact is he had to rest after those finals. Injuries happen, but then he had to rest. Especially after banging knee. So I think Knicks should had let him rest instead taking some risks. (Hopefully, he finally did not play SL, thanks Knicks).

So I thing Knicks screwed up with him because the better thing to do was to let him rest for a month.

About opportunity of French national team ...

No doubt about Chris Brickley is good for training, but playing is better than training. De Colo and Heurtel are two really good offensive players. By the way, even if De Colo is in a list of great euro players who did not succeed in NBA (Rigaudeau, Jasikevicius, Petrovic at the beginning etc...) he took an other dimension with 2015 Eurobasket and 2 last seasons with CSKA. Heurtel, his defensive abilities are too weak for NBA, but he is really good for offense. Imagine a european selection with (NBAers too), you can take both of them.

As a sample about opportunity to go to an international competition, I would take Rudy Gobert 2014 world cup. He made a huge game againts Spain, and it was a very good thing for his moral.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1095 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:16 am

a-French-Fan wrote:
Milk wrote:

When he banged his knee with another playing during the final game for Strasbourg?
He did not get injured during actual Summer League practices/games.
He and his agent wanted to fly over and enjoy the draft process, I don't think Knicks asked/forced him to.

Spoiler:

Sorry, sometimes I don't write well english, that's not my fisrt language. I don't contest he banged his knee with Strasbourg.The fact is he had to rest after those finals. Injuries happen, but then he had to rest. Especially after banging knee. So I think Knicks should had let him rest instead taking some risks. (Hopefully, he finally did not play SL, thanks Knicks).

So I thing Knicks screwed up with him because the better thing to do was to let him rest for a month.

About opportunity of French national team ...

No doubt about Chris Brickley is good for training, but playing is better than training. De Colo and Heurtel are two really good offensive players. By the way, even if De Colo is in a list of great euro players who did not succeed in NBA (Rigaudeau, Jasikevicius, Petrovic at the beginning etc...) he took an other dimension with 2015 Eurobasket and 2 last seasons with CSKA. Heurtel, his defensive abilities are too weak for NBA, but he is really good for offense. Imagine a european selection with (NBAers too), you can take both of them.

As a sample about opportunity to go to an international competition, I would take Rudy Gobert 2014 world cup. He made a huge game againts Spain, and it was a very good thing for his moral.

He didn't even play in summer league. He was injured coming over and wasn't 100% during first practice so they sat him and sat him the whole summer league so he could rest. They did exactly what you said they should have done. Cant blame the Knicks for letting him practice.
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Re: RE: Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1096 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:22 am

N Y K wrote:Just stopping by to see IG vids of Frank working out with Chris Brickley... yikes

yikes good or yikes bad?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#1097 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:43 am

I just want him to be better than Mardy Collins x Frank Williams
90Knicks
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1098 » by 90Knicks » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:39 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
90Knicks wrote:

Go eat frogs

STFU Ball Boy!

:nonono:
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1099 » by King of Canada » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 pm

90Knicks wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
90Knicks wrote:
Go eat frogs

STFU Ball Boy!

:nonono:

FYI that the traditional board welcome is to tell Ballboys to STFU and GTO. Welcome to the board. :D

Frank got banged up in the last game in the French championship right? Banged his knee.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Post#1100 » by GONYK » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I just want him to be better than Mardy Collins x Frank Williams

Let's not get crazy. You're talking about 2 of the best PG's that the Knicks have had in the last 15 years.

is it sad that that is sort of true?

Return to New York Knicks