ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,376
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1121 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:48 pm

malik959 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Milk wrote:Came across this highlight video, I thought it was really well made.

Nice video. And that block - I never even saw him coming until he skied to swat that shot away. All in all, it was a really fun highlight vid. I want to see "more of this during the season.

Any chance we could get them to play this music at the Garden? :lol:

He plays at a much quicker pace than what we see in his workouts.

He may look slow like Ray Felton in his workouts, but during these games, he was a blur.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,688

Post#1122 » by shtolky » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Frank getting literally zero love from his fellow rookies, which I guess is to be expected since he's a foreign player who didn't play much. Still, should be quite the motivation for him to surprise some people. These rookie surveys are pretty funny if you go back and look at some of them from years past, but I think Frank looks at this and it motivates him.

http://www.nba.com/2017-18-nba-rookie-survey
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#1123 » by Amsterdam » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:40 pm

[tweet]
Read on Twitter
/photo/1[tweet]
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1124 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:44 pm

I remember when Magic Johnson came out of college and there were all these questions on whether or not he can play the point guard position. Turns out, he re-defined the position.

Here's what I like about the collection of Euro league players, they go home to play for their country...and THAT means something. It also means to them, there is no off season.

Now before anyone gets crazy, I'm not saying US ballers don't work hard in the off-season...

But I'll take the Euro league over Summer league any day of the week.

Porzingis, Hernangomez, and Frank Nicotine will demonstrate their manners but trust me, EVERYONE wants to whup an American. That edge is something you cannot measure in a draft pick.

Someone talked up Toney Douglas....pfft. Ton Loc worked on his game harder than Douglas EVER did.

Same thing with Iman Shumpert.

Those guys, they drank the kool-aid that some "veteran" was going to take them under their wing.

Listen to me, the NBA is like the Medical Profession...the Veterans ALWAYS EAT their YOUNG.

This is why you see, Porzingis going home to work on his game. You'll see the same from Hercules Hermangomez, and Frank Ntilikina because they see and feel that invisible "Unwelcome" sign.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,435

Post#1125 » by JXL » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Amsterdam wrote:[tweet]
Read on Twitter
/photo/1[tweet]

NTILIKINA STATE OF MIND :lol:
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,931

Post#1126 » by F N 11 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Frank is going to be such a beast and a pass first point who plays D and nails jumpers.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,931

Post#1127 » by F N 11 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Read on Twitter
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,510

Post#1128 » by Iron Mantis » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:04 pm

We don't have DSJ and never will so I'm over it.

In fact, I'm beginning to dislike DSJ more and more as he gets overhyped and Frank gets underrated.

Frank will unquestionably pan out into a solid NBA player.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#1129 » by Blockwatcher » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:12 pm

KP needs to superglue this to his locker.
1 John 2 : 15-17
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1130 » by taj2133 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:13 pm

i believe kp got more respect from his rookie class then frank did and thats because kp could gone as high as number 2 pick after towns and he was a known product . Kp did good in workouts but frank didn't do any workouts because of his season in france took for ever. I think some of rookies in his class wanted to play in nyc and are kind of butt hurt they got passed on because of him going to nyc and they are not playing here.
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#1131 » by Juggynaut » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:19 pm

taj2133 wrote:i believe kp got more respect from his rookie class then frank did and thats because kp could gone as high as number 2 pick after towns and he was a known product . Kp did good in workouts but frank didn't do any workouts because of his season in france took for ever. I think some of rookies in his class wanted to play in nyc and are kind of butt hurt they got passed on because of him going to nyc and they are not playing here.

KP barely got any more respect than Frank even though he was more hyped and drafted higher. Mudiay and Hezonja actually got more love than KP. Stanley Johnson got more love too for some reason.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,973

Post#1132 » by DaGawd » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:21 pm

taj2133 wrote:i believe kp got more respect from his rookie class then frank did and thats because kp could gone as high as number 2 pick after towns and he was a known product . Kp did good in workouts but frank didn't do any workouts because of his season in france took for ever. I think some of rookies in his class wanted to play in nyc and are kind of butt hurt they got passed on because of him going to nyc and they are not playing here.

KP participating in pre draft workouts/summer league also helped boost his rep amongst his fellow rookies since they were able to see up close what he could do at his size. All Frank has to do is perform when its time. Simple as that
BaF
Washington Wizards
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1133 » by King of Canada » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Frank is the real Unicorn out there now because he's almost a myth. Nobody has ever seen him play (at least everybody but us and France).
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1134 » by Greenie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:11 pm

K P 6 wrote:Frank is going to be such a beast and a pass first point who plays D and nails jumpers.

I pray.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,282

Post#1135 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:19 pm

I'm not a NYK fan but I'm happy to see you guys are embracing him because I think he is insanely slept on for the simple fact he played internationally. I posted in different draft threads but I really believe that he has the potential to be the 2nd - 3rd best PG in the draft ahead of Fox and DS Jr. Personally I'm fairly confident he will be better than Fox who will be no slouch, has great speed to get where he wants on the court like Wall but he isn't as strong or agile and of course there is his crappy 3pt shot. DS Jr has great offensive upside but defense is another story. That's where Frank shines above BOTH, yes even over Fox. He's longer and stronger. His length at his position is like Kawhi at SFs. I'm not saying he's that level of defender but he is high level and unlike Fox he can shoot. DS Jr is a more polished player offensively now but Frank has game himself and you can be sure he's watching bigger PGs like Westbrook and Wall to see what he can incorporate. In time I think he'll close the gap offensively but be miles ahead defensively.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#1136 » by Dantares » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:57 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Knicks play Dallas on January 7 and March 13. You know Frank is going to play with a chip on his shoulder.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#1137 » by TankCommander17 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:We don't have DSJ and never will so I'm over it.

In fact, I'm beginning to dislike DSJ more and more as he gets overhyped and Frank gets underrated.

Frank will unquestionably pan out into a solid NBA player.

How can a player who hasn't played a minute of summer league be underrated? We literally have no idea what he is or what he will become. Look at another international player in Dante Exum. He came with a lot of hype and was just ok even before he blew out his knee.

If he wasn't a Knick and DSJ was you would be saying that anyone who didn't think DSJ was that good was a hater. Most of this board would. You guys need to be unbiased in your assessment of players.

DSJ had a really good summer league. So he is getting hyped. Good for him. In the long run it might not mean anything and he might just be another in the long list of guys who did well in summer league and crap in the regular season. Or he might not.

Frank we have 0 clue what he will or won't be.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#1138 » by DE FENSE » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:24 pm

King of Canada wrote:Frank is the real Unicorn out there now because he's almost a myth. Nobody has ever seen him play (at least everybody but us and France).

He's more like a pegasus with that wing span...

eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#1139 » by eagle54 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Read on Twitter

the others rookies don't know him so it's not a surprising.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#1140 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:54 pm

DE FENSE wrote:
King of Canada wrote:Frank is the real Unicorn out there now because he's almost a myth. Nobody has ever seen him play (at least everybody but us and France).

He's more like a pegasus with that wing span...

That could stick if he's any good. I like it! Unicorn....Pegasus...What's WHG? Minotaur? Centaur?
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks