ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi

User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 16,036
And1: 6,026
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
Location: "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"
       

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1861 » by 2010 » Fri Sep 8, 2017 12:07 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
2010 wrote:Knicks talking about adding Trey Burke to the PG corps now


I always thought Burke was terrible, even in college. However maybe this is Timmy trying to help his old teammate? Otherwise I can't see any other scenario in which this makes sense.


Yeah, I immediately thought of the Michigan connection.
Young Core

PG: Jack | Ntilikina | Sessions
SG: Hardaway Jr | Dotson | Baker
SF: Lee | McDermott | Thomas
PF: Porzingis | Beasley
C: Kanter | Hernangomez | O'Quinn | Noah

G-League: Hicks, Kornet, Hayes, Rathan-Mayes, Burke
User avatar
BeagleBoss
Head Coach
Posts: 6,260
And1: 2,879
Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Re: RE: Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1862 » by BeagleBoss » Fri Sep 8, 2017 12:26 am

2010 wrote:Knicks talking about adding Trey Burke to the PG corps now

Burke > Baker
User avatar
K-DOT
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,362
And1: 3,219
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
       

Re: RE: Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1863 » by K-DOT » Fri Sep 8, 2017 1:05 am

BeagleBoss wrote:
2010 wrote:Knicks talking about adding Trey Burke to the PG corps now

Burke > Baker

So Burke is better than Baker but Burke lost his job to Jennings who lost his job to Baker
And as far as real friends, tell all my cousins I love 'em
Even the one that stole the laptop, you dirty motherf*cker
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 50,845
And1: 15,075
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1864 » by GONYK » Fri Sep 8, 2017 1:07 am

K-DOT wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:
2010 wrote:Knicks talking about adding Trey Burke to the PG corps now

Burke > Baker

So Burke is better than Baker but Burke lost his job to Jennings who lost his job to Baker
...And is looking for his third team in 5 years.

Meanwhile, Jennings isn't even in the NBA anymore.
HoopsMalone
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,284
And1: 772
Joined: Aug 22, 2017
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1865 » by HoopsMalone » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:20 am

I went to NC State. I'm an avid fan. I literally quit watching us play after the ~9th game. That team sucked.

Anyone who is upset about landing a guy who is playing well in the Euroleague instead of DSJ who led a roster of 3* and many 4* talent to a train wreck of a season is nuts.

DSJ is a highlight reel guy. He's an empty stats guy. I'd wager a TON He is never the starting PG for a team who wins a playoff series and I'd take 2.5 or at least 3:1 He is never the starting PG of a team who makes the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
I have independently confirmed this post by thinking about it and realizing that it does, in fact, make sense.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Veteran
Posts: 2,975
And1: 1,771
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1866 » by Are We Ther Yet » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:31 am

GONYK wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:Burke > Baker

So Burke is better than Baker but Burke lost his job to Jennings who lost his job to Baker
...And is looking for his third team in 5 years.

Meanwhile, Jennings isn't even in the NBA anymore.


:lol: People hating on the Baker God!!!
User avatar
Garbagelo
Junior
Posts: 384
And1: 297
Joined: Jul 17, 2015

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1867 » by Garbagelo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:31 am

HoopsMalone wrote:I went to NC State. I'm an avid fan. I literally quit watching us play after the ~9th game. That team sucked.

Anyone who is upset about landing a guy who is playing well in the Euroleague instead of DSJ who led a roster of 3* and many 4* talent to a train wreck of a season is nuts.

DSJ is a highlight reel guy. He's an empty stats guy. I'd wager a TON He is never the starting PG for a team who wins a playoff series and I'd take 2.5 or at least 3:1 He is never the starting PG of a team who makes the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app


ding ding ding

We finally got someone that knows what they are talking about regard Dennis Smith JR.

I share the same sentiments.
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 23,719
And1: 7,343
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: OG Member of Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1868 » by Mecca » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:19 am

Why do you guys have to compare DSJ to Ntilikina so much?? I like them both and prefer Ntillmatic as a Knick
BBB Flygods:
1 | Lonzo Ball(19) | Jawun Evans(21) | Bayless
2 | CJ McCollum(25) | Alex Abrines(24)
3 | Damyean Dotson(23) | Caris LeVert(23)| Malachi(21)
4 | Ben Simmons(21) | Trey Lyles(21)
5 | Dewayne Dedmon(27) | Brandan Wright(28) |Jones(22)
HoopsMalone
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,284
And1: 772
Joined: Aug 22, 2017
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1869 » by HoopsMalone » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:27 am

Ok fine. I prefer Frank to Fox as well. Fox can't shoot. Don't know how much you guys have watched the NBA the past few years but that's mildly important.

To be fair I don't mind DSJ in the lottery just because he definitely has boom or bust potential. But id wager heavily on the bust side.

That doesn't mean I'd ever take a guy like justin Jackson or luke Kennard over him. Those guys don't have the upside. Which is what the draft is all about. Anyone can sign Courtney Lee, Robin Lopez, JJ Redick type players in free agency if they need a good player. Why draft one who might not be one and has little to no chance of exceeding expectations?

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
I have independently confirmed this post by thinking about it and realizing that it does, in fact, make sense.
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 23,719
And1: 7,343
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: OG Member of Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1870 » by Mecca » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:31 am

HoopsMalone wrote:Ok fine. I prefer Frank to Fox as well. Fox can't shoot. Don't know how much you guys have watched the NBA the past few years but that's mildly important.

To be fair I don't mind DSJ in the lottery just because he definitely has boom or bust potential. But id wager heavily on the bust side.

That doesn't mean I'd ever take a guy like justin Jackson or luke Kennard over him. Those guys don't have the upside. Which is what the draft is all about. Anyone can sign Courtney Lee, Robin Lopez, JJ Redick type players in free agency if they need a good player. Why draft one who might not be one and has little to no chance of exceeding expectations?

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app



ez botz Fox is going to be a player.
BBB Flygods:
1 | Lonzo Ball(19) | Jawun Evans(21) | Bayless
2 | CJ McCollum(25) | Alex Abrines(24)
3 | Damyean Dotson(23) | Caris LeVert(23)| Malachi(21)
4 | Ben Simmons(21) | Trey Lyles(21)
5 | Dewayne Dedmon(27) | Brandan Wright(28) |Jones(22)
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 21,985
And1: 11,306
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1871 » by dakomish23 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:43 am

Garden is going to love this kid. Opposing PGs, not so much
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 16,277
And1: 9,772
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1872 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:46 am

dakomish23 wrote:Garden is going to love this kid. Opposing PGs, not so much

yup, im not even gonna front. that dude size is what got me so excited about him. **** HUGE!!!
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/A Brooks/D Will
SG: Josh Jackson/Dwayne Bacon/Bryn Forbes
SF: Jayson Tatum/Shabazz Muhammad/Glenn Robinson III
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 16,277
And1: 9,772
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1873 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:52 am

like how can u not get excited from this
Image
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/A Brooks/D Will
SG: Josh Jackson/Dwayne Bacon/Bryn Forbes
SF: Jayson Tatum/Shabazz Muhammad/Glenn Robinson III
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 21,985
And1: 11,306
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1874 » by dakomish23 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:02 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Garden is going to love this kid. Opposing PGs, not so much

yup, im not even gonna front. that dude size is what got me so excited about him. **** HUGE!!!


I still got wood from the Dunc'd On pod calling him obnoxiously dominant on the defensive end.

Wanted him and DSJ. Or some combo of the four guards outside the top 5. Seems like a missed opportunity. But I'm biased because I'm desperate for long term guard solutions instead of the bandaids they've applied for decades.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
Posts: 4,814
And1: 8,941
Joined: Feb 28, 2015
Location: Sunnydale
       

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1875 » by Triple C » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Image
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 23,719
And1: 7,343
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: OG Member of Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1876 » by Mecca » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Triple C wrote:



Franky getting hockey
BBB Flygods:
1 | Lonzo Ball(19) | Jawun Evans(21) | Bayless
2 | CJ McCollum(25) | Alex Abrines(24)
3 | Damyean Dotson(23) | Caris LeVert(23)| Malachi(21)
4 | Ben Simmons(21) | Trey Lyles(21)
5 | Dewayne Dedmon(27) | Brandan Wright(28) |Jones(22)
reub
Veteran
Posts: 2,866
And1: 1,076
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1877 » by reub » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Frank, KP and Willy is our real triangle.
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,408
And1: 3,928
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1878 » by BKlutch » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:39 pm

reub wrote:Frank, KP and Willy is our real triangle.

I'd love these three to show everybody else how to do it. If THJr wants to join the party, the only question is at the 3. That would be up to one of Melo, Lance, Lee, or a new guy to show they can play this way. Later, we'll get some outstanding 3 to add to the mix, and if we have decent coaching... It's a nice dream, right?
Image
User avatar
robillionaire
Veteran
Posts: 2,524
And1: 1,782
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
       

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1879 » by robillionaire » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Triple C wrote:


2018

Image
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,789
And1: 5,715
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1880 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Triple C wrote:


This is awesome.

They should have chosen a more comparable pose for the third photo to make the same point:

Image
Image

Return to New York Knicks