ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion, King of Canada, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC

User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 39,989
And1: 12,247
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1881 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Mecca wrote:Why do you guys have to compare DSJ to Ntilikina so much?? I like them both and prefer Ntillmatic as a Knick


Because there's been a lot of talk about how we should've taken Smith over Frank. That's going to fuel this talk every time they play each other. I'm actually looking forward to the rivalry. I hope Frank puts the glove on him.
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 22,274
And1: 6,185
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1882 » by Mecca » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:16 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Mecca wrote:Why do you guys have to compare DSJ to Ntilikina so much?? I like them both and prefer Ntillmatic as a Knick


Because there's been a lot of talk about how we should've taken Smith over Frank. That's going to fuel this talk every time they play each other.


Both are going to be players in this league. Just different styles. Comparing is trash at this point. Ntilikina is going to make a lot of fans very happy.
BBB Brooklyn Nets:
1 | Lonzo Ball(19)
2 | CJ McCollum(25)
3 | Caris LeVert(23)
4 | Ben Simmons(21)
5 | Dewayne Dedmon(27)
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 39,989
And1: 12,247
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1883 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:19 pm

Mecca wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Mecca wrote:Why do you guys have to compare DSJ to Ntilikina so much?? I like them both and prefer Ntillmatic as a Knick


Because there's been a lot of talk about how we should've taken Smith over Frank. That's going to fuel this talk every time they play each other.


Both are going to be players in this league. Just different styles. Comparing is trash at this point. Ntilikina is going to make a lot of fans very happy.


That's right, they are different types of players, which is another reason I'm glad we picked Frank. I'm really just looking forward to him playing and developing in the type of player we think he can be for us.
User avatar
Tron Carter
General Manager
Posts: 7,718
And1: 4,666
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: NBA Purgatory
 

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1884 » by Tron Carter » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Read on Twitter


i'm convinced frank is at least 6'6 and with room to grow
Frank Ntillmatic aka French Sinatra > Midget Smith Jr. #BongaBrigade
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 20,486
And1: 7,981
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1885 » by Fat Kat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:26 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 46,607
And1: 10,580
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
   

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1886 » by KnicksGod » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:30 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:like how can u not get excited from this
Image


Some guys can never learn or get themselves to do this. And honestly I didn't think he could.

I'm in. More in than on KP. He just needs to not bite off more than he can chew yet.

His handle is probably not going to allow it very soon. Needs to wait and polish the dribble before ripping off these moves.
Image
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,463
And1: 4,806
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1887 » by SelbyCobra » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:55 pm

I may have said it previously, but the thing that has me so excited about Ntilikina is that there is a very logical reason to think he was underdrafted - he didn't work out for any teams (I believe, right?), and the league STILL has the International Fear™ running through them, at a subconscious level at the very least. For the most part, the international pick has to work twice as hard to get NBA Draft Street Cred from the people making the selections, even if they're just as good as anyone else.

The same thing happened with KP, and there's even more reason to see it as a viable path for Frank because KP actually held workouts stateside. Frank was a lock top-10 pick entering the year, but then didn't do anything except play his season in France and have a pre-draft meeting with the Knicks. If he's actually LEGIT and involves himself in the whole draft process dog & pony show instead of staying in France all season, he goes before the Knicks pick at 8.

Of course if he's not, then he might have gotten exposed by the draft process and the Knicks overdrafted him. But from what we've seen this offseason there's no reason to think he doesn't have the potential to make an impact. Just like KP, I feel like there's a real chance Ntilikina was underdrafted, and not based on my own scouting or feelings about the player, but on the simple fact that he came from a place that gives FO people reservations AND he didn't do anything to absolve them of their fears.

That's a pretty exciting prospect situation to me. And it's with a guard for once!
User avatar
Tron Carter
General Manager
Posts: 7,718
And1: 4,666
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: NBA Purgatory
 

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1888 » by Tron Carter » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter


monk looks all of 6'2. gross
Frank Ntillmatic aka French Sinatra > Midget Smith Jr. #BongaBrigade
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 12,092
And1: 10,482
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1889 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:49 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter


monk looks all of 6'2. gross




Image
BAF 1.0 ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Gorgui Dieng | Richaun Holmes
PF JaMychal Green | Michael Beasley
SF Brandon Ingram | Josh Richardson
SG Khris Middleton | Kentavious Caldwell-Pope | Jamal Crawford
PG Markelle Fultz |
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 12,092
And1: 10,482
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1890 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:51 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:like how can u not get excited from this
Image




Image
BAF 1.0 ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Gorgui Dieng | Richaun Holmes
PF JaMychal Green | Michael Beasley
SF Brandon Ingram | Josh Richardson
SG Khris Middleton | Kentavious Caldwell-Pope | Jamal Crawford
PG Markelle Fultz |
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 12,640
And1: 6,833
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1891 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:55 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Garden is going to love this kid. Opposing PGs, not so much

yup, im not even gonna front. that dude size is what got me so excited about him. **** HUGE!!!


I still got wood from the Dunc'd On pod calling him obnoxiously dominant on the defensive end.

Wanted him and DSJ. Or some combo of the four guards outside the top 5. Seems like a missed opportunity. But I'm biased because I'm desperate for long term guard solutions instead of the bandaids they've applied for decades.

it's funny you say that. we're running this thing called build a franchise, and i got dsj, jackson,tatum, bam. all on the same team!
was thinking about going frank + DSJ but had to pass on it cause i didn't wanna go broke lol
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Deron Williams/Jerryd Bayless
SG: Josh Jackson/Nick Young
SF: Jayson Tatum
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Shawn Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 12,640
And1: 6,833
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1892 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:55 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:like how can u not get excited from this
Image




Image

proud frank frooter :D
hehe
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Deron Williams/Jerryd Bayless
SG: Josh Jackson/Nick Young
SF: Jayson Tatum
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Shawn Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Starter
Posts: 2,152
And1: 1,420
Joined: Oct 07, 2015

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1893 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:00 am

Frank is really settling in
User avatar
DickGrayson
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,910
And1: 963
Joined: Jan 15, 2015
Location: West Tremont, The Bronx
Contact:
   

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1894 » by DickGrayson » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:06 am

Greenie wrote:
Mecca wrote:In the words of Blu, "misery loves company," but I don't need sh*t, so don't come to me."

It feels like we've became so accustomed to losing, we've almost become used to it. That the losing has gotten to us. The dysfunction, the corruption, the inept nature of our entire foundation has rubbed off on us the wrong way.

Our Owner sucks. He's terrible. He really symbolizes what's wrong with America. This dude is a BILLIONAIRE and has never had a real job in his life. He was the product of being born into his riches that allowed him to run Cable Vision. He was the son of the original Cable Vision owner. Think about that. Dude had a lousy communications degree and has zero job experience before being President of Cable Vision and MSG Sports. Silver Spoon clown.

I still love the Knicks.

Ntilikina is OUR guy. I'm sick of y'all being Lakers and Mavericks stans now. No more regret of who you wished we selected. Ntilikina is a 6'6 PG with a really smooth jumper. He hit 78/100 shots in Chris Brinkley's workout. Kevin Durant hits 80. Good shooters hit 70. The kid is literally gumby. He has elite tools that you can't teach. That wingspan is going to be a problem when he learns how to create. A handle can be developed. A lot of people have grown impatient because he didn't play in the Summer league.

Do not be a product of your emotions. Ntilikina is our guy. A 6'6 PG with his skill set is going to be one of the funnest players to watch from a pure basketball standpoint.



This is straight trash in itself. I hate people that think like this as if people choose their damn parents. His dad worked hard so he didn't have to. Plenty of parents set their kids up. Get over it.


I hate slimey trash like yourself who uphold spoiled and privilege children. F*ck his punk ass dad and f*ck Dolan.
MrBigShot wrote:I think Reggie Jackson is better than Steph Curry
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,463
And1: 4,806
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1895 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:28 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:like how can u not get excited from this
Image




Image

File this away in your archives. I suspect you may be able to use it someday, my man.

Image
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 12,092
And1: 10,482
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1896 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:34 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:like how can u not get excited from this
Image




Image

File this away in your archives. I suspect you may be able to use it someday, my man.

Image



Nah I have this one already just have not used it much.... :lol:


Might have to start using it on the dudes who was hating.


Image
BAF 1.0 ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Gorgui Dieng | Richaun Holmes
PF JaMychal Green | Michael Beasley
SF Brandon Ingram | Josh Richardson
SG Khris Middleton | Kentavious Caldwell-Pope | Jamal Crawford
PG Markelle Fultz |
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 45,510
And1: 20,673
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Probably your foe list.
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1897 » by Greenie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:34 am

DickGrayson wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Mecca wrote:In the words of Blu, "misery loves company," but I don't need sh*t, so don't come to me."

It feels like we've became so accustomed to losing, we've almost become used to it. That the losing has gotten to us. The dysfunction, the corruption, the inept nature of our entire foundation has rubbed off on us the wrong way.

Our Owner sucks. He's terrible. He really symbolizes what's wrong with America. This dude is a BILLIONAIRE and has never had a real job in his life. He was the product of being born into his riches that allowed him to run Cable Vision. He was the son of the original Cable Vision owner. Think about that. Dude had a lousy communications degree and has zero job experience before being President of Cable Vision and MSG Sports. Silver Spoon clown.

I still love the Knicks.

Ntilikina is OUR guy. I'm sick of y'all being Lakers and Mavericks stans now. No more regret of who you wished we selected. Ntilikina is a 6'6 PG with a really smooth jumper. He hit 78/100 shots in Chris Brinkley's workout. Kevin Durant hits 80. Good shooters hit 70. The kid is literally gumby. He has elite tools that you can't teach. That wingspan is going to be a problem when he learns how to create. A handle can be developed. A lot of people have grown impatient because he didn't play in the Summer league.

Do not be a product of your emotions. Ntilikina is our guy. A 6'6 PG with his skill set is going to be one of the funnest players to watch from a pure basketball standpoint.



This is straight trash in itself. I hate people that think like this as if people choose their damn parents. His dad worked hard so he didn't have to. Plenty of parents set their kids up. Get over it.


I hate slimey trash like yourself who uphold spoiled and privilege children. F*ck his punk ass dad and f*ck Dolan.

Did you just call me slimey trash?
BAF - Pistons
F:Aldridge|Cauley-Stein|
F:Barnes|Lydon|
F: Johnson|
G:Brogdon|Lee|
G:Hill|Joseph|
Head Coach - Stan Van Gundy
Cap Left: $185
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,463
And1: 4,806
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1898 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:37 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:


Image

File this away in your archives. I suspect you may be able to use it someday, my man.

Image



Nah I have this one already just have not used it much.... :lol:


Might have to start using it on the dudes who was hating.


Image


Alright, maybe this one will be a good addition?

Image
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 15,365
And1: 5,148
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
Location: "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"
       

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1899 » by 2010 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:45 am

Frank is at the very least 6'6". Maybe even 6'7". Cuz LJ was listed at 6'7" during his playing days and Frank looks every bit as tall as him. Even has higher shoulders.
The Young Core

PG: Ntilikina | Baker
SG: Hardaway, Jr. | Dotson
SF: Doncic/Bridges/Knox | Kuzminskas | Artis
PF: Porzingis | Beasley | Hayes
C: Hernangomez | O'Quinn | Kornet

Anthony, Lee, Noah, Thomas, Sessions :wave:
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 20,117
And1: 9,923
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#1900 » by dakomish23 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:38 am

2010 wrote:Frank is at the very least 6'6". Maybe even 6'7". Cuz LJ was listed at 6'7" during his playing days and Frank looks every bit as tall as him. Even has higher shoulders.[/quote



Idk how tall Frank is but I found this article on LJ's height

Mutombo said Larry Johnson, the former Hornets and Knicks forward, was among the biggest exaggerators. While at the Nevada-Las Vegas, Johnson was supposedly 6-7. At the N.B.A.'s annual predraft camp in Chicago, however, he barely topped 6-3.


https://mobile.nytimes.com/2003/06/15/sports/basketball/tall-tales-in-nba-dont-fool-players.html
Spoiler:
“Joakim is somebody who has been on my list for a long time,’’ Jackson: “He was initially our first choice in the first-agent market.


Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now.
Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.

Return to New York Knicks