ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Capn'O, King of Canada, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC

blanko
Junior
Posts: 460
And1: 144
Joined: Mar 14, 2015

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#841 » by blanko » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:01 pm

i might be wrong but i think he is a mix of chauncey and gary payton
User avatar
CharlesOakley
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,682
And1: 865
Joined: Jun 27, 2006

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#842 » by CharlesOakley » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:15 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:I hope I'm dead wrong but Ntilikina looks very mediocre and average. He has the body but talent wise, he just doesn't do anything great. Maybe he can develope into an Avery Bradley type but it'll take time. He could barely get by, finish and score over scrubs in that awful league.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using RealGM mobile app


I hope you are wrong too. Remember, KP put up pedestrian numbers before we drafted him.
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#843 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:When we took KP everyone was all about Okafor Russel Stanley Johnson Winslow etc. Now we take Frank and people are all about DSJr Monk etc.

Let it play out. I like everything i see from this kid so far. Time will tell the true story. I'm excited to see what the kids can do this year.

This part is the problem. You wrote "I like everything I see form this kid so far." The problem is, he didn't play in Summer League and he's not playing Euro Basket, so nobody is seeing him. So they worry.

CMFGB recommended him and I take that over any SL performance by Big Shoes Bawler or anybody else.
Image
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Analyst
Posts: 3,121
And1: 1,866
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#844 » by Are We Ther Yet » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:00 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:When we took KP everyone was all about Okafor Russel Stanley Johnson Winslow etc. Now we take Frank and people are all about DSJr Monk etc.

Let it play out. I like everything i see from this kid so far. Time will tell the true story. I'm excited to see what the kids can do this y6ear.

This part is the problem. You wrote "I like everything I see form this kid so far." The problem is, he didn't play in Summer League and he's not playing Euro Basket, so nobody is seeing him. So they worry.

CMFGB recommended him and I take that over any SL performance by Big Shoes Bawler or anybody else.


You do realize that I am speaking from what I have personally seen right? There's plenty of video. Links to his Euro games were available. Workouts. Interviews. There is enough to like. If people are too lazy to research the kid...they should limit their opinions shouldn't they? I did my work. I like what i see so far.

What's with you today. Picking my posts apart and not even comprehending them. :lol:
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#845 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:When we took KP everyone was all about Okafor Russel Stanley Johnson Winslow etc. Now we take Frank and people are all about DSJr Monk etc.

Let it play out. I like everything i see from this kid so far. Time will tell the true story. I'm excited to see what the kids can do this y6ear.

This part is the problem. You wrote "I like everything I see form this kid so far." The problem is, he didn't play in Summer League and he's not playing Euro Basket, so nobody is seeing him. So they worry.

CMFGB recommended him and I take that over any SL performance by Big Shoes Bawler or anybody else.


You do realize that I am speaking from what I have personally seen right? There's plenty of video. Links to his Euro games were available. Workouts. Interviews. There is enough to like. If people are too lazy to research the kid...they should limit their opinions shouldn't they? I did my work. I like what i see so far.

What's with you today. Picking my posts apart and not even comprehending them. :lol:

I also love Frank because I also saw lots of video and think we're going to be very happy with him. I wasn't trying to pick apart what you wrote here - I was actually trying to say that other folks didn't see him play, so they can't like him. Maybe my post wasn't written clearly enough.

SL is the only ball lots of folks have watched since the playoffs, so naturally, anything they saw there sticks in their minds. That means they love DSJ and Lonzo Shoe Bawler.

But SL is a real carnival with no defense and little team identity, so it doesn't mean as much to me as the actual playoffs in which Frank elevated his team beyond what was expected of them.
Image
Basketball1981
Sophomore
Posts: 152
And1: 82
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#846 » by Basketball1981 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:13 pm

blanko wrote:i might be wrong but i think he is a mix of chauncey and gary payton


That would be great. If he can be a solid passer, great defender that knocks down open shots I'd be happy already. I think knick fans will be content with Frank. I have a good feeling about this kid.
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#847 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 pm

blanko wrote:I might be wrong but i think he is a mix of chauncey and gary payton

I can't think of any point guards we've had in recent decades who were anywhere near that good.
Image
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Analyst
Posts: 3,121
And1: 1,866
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#848 » by Are We Ther Yet » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:43 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:This part is the problem. You wrote "I like everything I see form this kid so far." The problem is, he didn't play in Summer League and he's not playing Euro Basket, so nobody is seeing him. So they worry.

CMFGB recommended him and I take that over any SL performance by Big Shoes Bawler or anybody else.


You do realize that I am speaking from what I have personally seen right? There's plenty of video. Links to his Euro games were available. Workouts. Interviews. There is enough to like. If people are too lazy to research the kid...they should limit their opinions shouldn't they? I did my work. I like what i see so far.

What's with you today. Picking my posts apart and not even comprehending them. :lol:

I also love Frank because I also saw lots of video and think we're going to be very happy with him. I wasn't trying to pick apart what you wrote here - I was actually trying to say that other folks didn't see him play, so they can't like him. Maybe my post wasn't written clearly enough.

SL is the only ball lots of folks have watched since the playoffs, so naturally, anything they saw there sticks in their minds. That means they love DSJ and Lonzo Shoe Bawler.

But SL is a real carnival with no defense and little team identity, so it doesn't mean as much to me as the actual playoffs in which Frank elevated his team beyond what was expected of them.


Ahh..ok. Yes. I agree 100%.
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#849 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
You do realize that I am speaking from what I have personally seen right? There's plenty of video. Links to his Euro games were available. Workouts. Interviews. There is enough to like. If people are too lazy to research the kid...they should limit their opinions shouldn't they? I did my work. I like what i see so far.

What's with you today. Picking my posts apart and not even comprehending them. :lol:

I also love Frank because I also saw lots of video and think we're going to be very happy with him. I wasn't trying to pick apart what you wrote here - I was actually trying to say that other folks didn't see him play, so they can't like him. Maybe my post wasn't written clearly enough.

SL is the only ball lots of folks have watched since the playoffs, so naturally, anything they saw there sticks in their minds. That means they love DSJ and Lonzo Shoe Bawler.

But SL is a real carnival with no defense and little team identity, so it doesn't mean as much to me as the actual playoffs in which Frank elevated his team beyond what was expected of them.


Ahh..ok. Yes. I agree 100%.

By the way, has anybody ever answered the question posed in your avi? Because to me, I think we still have a long way to go.
Image
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Analyst
Posts: 3,121
And1: 1,866
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#850 » by Are We Ther Yet » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:51 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I also love Frank because I also saw lots of video and think we're going to be very happy with him. I wasn't trying to pick apart what you wrote here - I was actually trying to say that other folks didn't see him play, so they can't like him. Maybe my post wasn't written clearly enough.

SL is the only ball lots of folks have watched since the playoffs, so naturally, anything they saw there sticks in their minds. That means they love DSJ and Lonzo Shoe Bawler.

But SL is a real carnival with no defense and little team identity, so it doesn't mean as much to me as the actual playoffs in which Frank elevated his team beyond what was expected of them.


Ahh..ok. Yes. I agree 100%.

By the way, has anybody ever answered the question posed in your avi? Because to me, I think we still have a long way to go.


Yes. It is a microcosm of the joys of being a Knicks fan. We are on our way. It seems. This should be the beginning of the journey but...in typical Knicks fashion...nothing can go smoothly.

We are not there yet!
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,364
And1: 8,279
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#851 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:44 pm

BKlutch wrote:
blanko wrote:I might be wrong but i think he is a mix of chauncey and gary payton

I can't think of any point guards we've had in recent decades who were anywhere near that good.


Image

Marbury might've gone batsh*t nuts, but he was fuqn AMAZING as our PG! He could score, pass, and rebound while playing good defense.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Damian Lillard / Ish Smith / Raymond Felton
Gordon Hayward / Derrick Rose / Sterling Brown
Ersan Ilyasova / Doug McDermott / Sean Kilpatrick
Dirk Nowitzki / Channing Frye / Matt Barnes
Dwight Howard / Greg Monroe / Timofey Mozgov
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#852 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm

magnumt wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
blanko wrote:I might be wrong but i think he is a mix of chauncey and gary payton

I can't think of any point guards we've had in recent decades who were anywhere near that good.


Image

Marbury might've gone batsh*t nuts, but he was fuqn AMAZING as our PG! He could score, pass, and rebound while playing good defense.

--Mags :beer:

Haha yes, of course, but not having a total mental collapse has to be considered part of being a great guard for us. We've just had all the bad luck. Physically talented players break down physically, or emotionally, but the result is the same.

Which category did Eddy Curry fit into? both?
Image
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,364
And1: 8,279
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#853 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:54 pm

BKlutch wrote:
magnumt wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I can't think of any point guards we've had in recent decades who were anywhere near that good.


Image

Marbury might've gone batsh*t nuts, but he was fuqn AMAZING as our PG! He could score, pass, and rebound while playing good defense.

--Mags :beer:

Haha yes, of course, but not having a total mental collapse has to be considered part of being a great guard for us. We've just had all the bad luck. Physically talented players break down physically, or emotionally, but the result is the same.

Which category did Eddy Curry fit into? both?


Curry was a great low post scorer, but he didn't give a damn about basketball (ala Darko).

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Damian Lillard / Ish Smith / Raymond Felton
Gordon Hayward / Derrick Rose / Sterling Brown
Ersan Ilyasova / Doug McDermott / Sean Kilpatrick
Dirk Nowitzki / Channing Frye / Matt Barnes
Dwight Howard / Greg Monroe / Timofey Mozgov
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#854 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 pm

magnumt wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Image

Marbury might've gone batsh*t nuts, but he was fuqn AMAZING as our PG! He could score, pass, and rebound while playing good defense.

--Mags :beer:

Haha yes, of course, but not having a total mental collapse has to be considered part of being a great guard for us. We've just had all the bad luck. Physically talented players break down physically, or emotionally, but the result is the same.

Which category did Eddy Curry fit into? both?


Curry was a great low post scorer, but he didn't give a damn about basketball (ala Darko).

--Mags :beer:

He took the money and told us all to fuq off - that's why guys don't pay a ho until they're finished.
Image
User avatar
DLTGWH
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,681
And1: 213
Joined: Jul 11, 2005
Location: South Philly

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#855 » by DLTGWH » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:00 pm

magnumt wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
blanko wrote:I might be wrong but i think he is a mix of chauncey and gary payton

I can't think of any point guards we've had in recent decades who were anywhere near that good.


Image

Marbury might've gone batsh*t nuts, but he was fuqn AMAZING as our PG! He could score, pass, and rebound while playing good defense.

--Mags :beer:


I think you're being serious, in which case I strongly Agree. Marbury was a lot of bad.

But on the court he was mostly good to great and spent his Knicks career surrounded by mostly trash.
Image
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,364
And1: 8,279
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#856 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:08 pm

DLTGWH wrote:
magnumt wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I can't think of any point guards we've had in recent decades who were anywhere near that good.


Image

Marbury might've gone batsh*t nuts, but he was fuqn AMAZING as our PG! He could score, pass, and rebound while playing good defense.

--Mags :beer:


I think you're being serious, in which case I strongly Agree. Marbury was a lot of bad.

But on the court he was mostly good to great and spent his Knicks career surrounded by mostly trash.


I was being serious. He was a very good PG for us.

KP and Marbury would've been SPECIAL!

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Damian Lillard / Ish Smith / Raymond Felton
Gordon Hayward / Derrick Rose / Sterling Brown
Ersan Ilyasova / Doug McDermott / Sean Kilpatrick
Dirk Nowitzki / Channing Frye / Matt Barnes
Dwight Howard / Greg Monroe / Timofey Mozgov
User avatar
DLTGWH
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,681
And1: 213
Joined: Jul 11, 2005
Location: South Philly

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#857 » by DLTGWH » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:15 pm

magnumt wrote:
DLTGWH wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Image

Marbury might've gone batsh*t nuts, but he was fuqn AMAZING as our PG! He could score, pass, and rebound while playing good defense.

--Mags :beer:


I think you're being serious, in which case I strongly Agree. Marbury was a lot of bad.

But on the court he was mostly good to great and spent his Knicks career surrounded by mostly trash.


I was being serious. He was a very good PG for us.

KP and Marbury would've been SPECIAL!

--Mags :beer:


For me was Marbury and Stoudamire. What could have been...
Image
Basketball1981
Sophomore
Posts: 152
And1: 82
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#858 » by Basketball1981 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Marbury's demise is still among the oddest things I experienced as a knick fan. Just crazy to think what type of player he was and what became of him later on. So sad.
User avatar
N Y K
General Manager
Posts: 8,486
And1: 3,620
Joined: Jan 18, 2015
       

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#859 » by N Y K » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:53 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:I hope I'm dead wrong but Ntilikina looks very mediocre and average. He has the body but talent wise, he just doesn't do anything great. Maybe he can develope into an Avery Bradley type but it'll take time. He could barely get by, finish and score over scrubs in that awful league.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using RealGM mobile app

i think you've secretly been my favorite on this board
Kristaps + Frank + Willy + Timmy
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 7,474
And1: 3,976
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#860 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:30 am

Read on Twitter
Image

Return to New York Knicks