ImageImageImageImageImage

Ron Baker Officially Signed

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,261

Re: Ron Baker Officially Signed 

Post#861 » by DOT » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:28 pm

Savageknick2190 wrote:
reub wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:
When you over pay a player with a history of some success that may be stupid but at least its understandable. When you over pay someone that literally can't play the game of basketball it will go as one of the worst ever. No question. You will read about his contract 15 years from now talking about Knick mistakes.

Baker's salary is about 2.5% of the Knick's overall budget. Get over it.

First of all there is a difference between a budget and the cap. I think you must be talking about the cap in this situation. It doesn't matter if its 2.5 percent or 25 percent. When you overspend on an unnecessary asset it will become apparent when you can't spend on a necessary asset. Every cent matters. It's a shame you don't know that.

Except in this case, Baker's contract didn't impact our ability to spend on necessary assets this year since he was signed to an exception, and next year we'd be over the cap unless Kanter opts out, in which case Baker's contract will be the difference between 7 million and 2.5 million dollars. What player will we get with 7 million that we can't get for 2.5 million? And even then, if we really had to, we just trade him to a team for a top 50 protected 2nd rounder or something, it literally doesn't affect us.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,357

Post#862 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:29 pm

told ya
im bout dat action boss
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#863 » by BasicBall » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:33 pm

Savageknick2190 wrote:
BasicBall wrote:
Juco24 wrote:Never understood this signing. Dude is not NBA caliber guard

Yes he is....

In what way? How? Please explain?

Underrated athletically, solid defender, can hit the open 3 and can play on the ball or off. Plus you know he's just a solid guy in the locker-room. You can see he understands the game. Yes he's a 4th guard off the bench. But to me, he's a lot like Lance Thomas who signed a nice deal and some would say he isn't an NBA caliber player either. But if you saw the Pacer game, you saw what a guy like Lance brings to the table. I like his game and style of play...but that's just me! :nod:
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
Savageknick2190
Senior
And1: 138

Post#864 » by Savageknick2190 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:33 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:
reub wrote:
Baker's salary is about 2.5% of the Knick's overall budget. Get over it.

First of all there is a difference between a budget and the cap. I think you must be talking about the cap in this situation. It doesn't matter if its 2.5 percent or 25 percent. When you overspend on an unnecessary asset it will become apparent when you can't spend on a necessary asset. Every cent matters. It's a shame you don't know that.

Except in this case, Baker's contract didn't impact our ability to spend on necessary assets this year since he was signed to an exception, and next year we'd be over the cap unless Kanter opts out, in which case Baker's contract will be the difference between 7 million and 2.5 million dollars. What player will we get with 7 million that we can't get for 2.5 million? And even then, if we really had to, we just trade him to a team for a top 50 protected 2nd rounder or something, it literally doesn't affect us.

You're just not very smart are you? :banghead: It's ok. I understand
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#865 » by DOT » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:38 pm

Savageknick2190 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:

Says the guy who kept insisting Frank wasn't an NBA player

Seriously, tell me how Baker's contract is going to stop us from signing anybody. We have 94 million in committed money next year out of 101 million. And if we really need the cap space, somebody would gladly take Baker off our hands for us.

But too bad you can't debate my point. Keep banging your head.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Savageknick2190
Senior

Post#866 » by Savageknick2190 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:24 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Except in this case, Baker's contract didn't impact our ability to spend on necessary assets this year since he was signed to an exception, and next year we'd be over the cap unless Kanter opts out, in which case Baker's contract will be the difference between 7 million and 2.5 million dollars. What player will we get with 7 million that we can't get for 2.5 million? And even then, if we really had to, we just trade him to a team for a top 50 protected 2nd rounder or something, it literally doesn't affect us.

Seriously, tell me how Baker's contract is going to stop us from signing anybody. We have 94 million in committed money next year out of 101 million. And if we really need the cap space, somebody would gladly take Baker off our hands for us.

Please don't post things I didn't say. If you are going to quote me then actually quote me. Don't post lies.
Savageknick2190
Senior

Post#867 » by Savageknick2190 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:31 pm

BasicBall wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:
BasicBall wrote:
Yes he is....

In what way? How? Please explain?

Underrated athletically, solid defender, can hit the open 3 and can play on the ball or off. Plus you know he's just a solid guy in the locker-room. You can see he understands the game. Yes he's a 4th guard off the bench. But to me, he's a lot like Lance Thomas who signed a nice deal and some would say he isn't an NBA caliber player either. But if you saw the Pacer game, you saw what a guy like Lance brings to the table. I like his game and style of play...but that's just me! :nod:

It's definitely just you.
Savageknick2190
Senior

Post#868 » by Savageknick2190 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:35 pm

Savageknick2190 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:

Please don't post things I didn't say. If you are going to quote me then actually quote me. Don't post lies.

As far as your point goes, I can't tell you who the Knicks would sign or would not be able to sign. Why you ask? It's in the future. No one knows the value of any player yet. The free agency period hasn't opened. Just stop posting. You make yourself look more ridiculous with every post.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#869 » by DOT » Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:36 pm

Savageknick2190 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:

Bitch please, you've been sh*t talking Frank since you started posting

And you still haven't given any argument to "debate" my point, just acted like you won the argument by saying "Baker sucks, you're an idiot" and trying to call me out for not trying to debate you, then giving single sentence replies with no substance to them
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Savageknick2190
Senior

Post#870 » by Savageknick2190 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:42 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Says the guy who kept insisting Frank wasn't an NBA player

And you still haven't given any argument to "debate" my point, just acted like you won the argument by saying "Baker sucks, you're an idiot" and trying to call me out for not trying to debate you, then giving single sentence replies with no substance to them

There is no need for offensive language. Don't let a post on this site get you upset. It will be ok.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,161

Post#871 » by TrueWarrior » Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:44 pm

I'm not going to pretend I watched every game down the stretch last season, so I believe I missed some of Ron's better games, but it seems like he had many of the same strengths and weaknesses as Frank. Only, he's not as good.

Doesn't mean Ron can't eventually find a place on this team, but Frank and Dotson should be higher on the chain so he has some work to do to even crack the rotation again. Gotta find that jumper though.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,031

Post#872 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:44 pm

Savageknick2190 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:

There is no need for offensive language. Don't let a post on this site get you upset. It will be ok.

You get what you pay for. Report a post when you've literally just posted a personal attack in the quoted text. And I quote:

You're just not very smart are you?

:roll:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Savageknick2190
Senior

Post#873 » by Savageknick2190 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:49 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Bitch please, you've been sh*t talking Frank since you started posting

You get what you pay for. Report a post when you've literally just posted a personal attack in the quoted text. And I quote:

You're just not very smart are you?

:roll:

I reported offensive language. Was what you quoted offensive language?
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 16,733

Post#874 » by evevale » Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:52 pm

I guess the Knicks are willing to pay 9mil for a living meme. I just don't understand.
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#875 » by Daaaarryyl » Tue Nov 7, 2017 12:07 am

Just home from work-

Why was this thread bumped???

I never liked the signing but what happened, did I miss something today?
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!

Return to New York Knicks